(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,782 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 minutes ago by Shrub_Light
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
Ironmaidenshipped (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_182738510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_165233504 (resized).jpg
20240407_164052@4 (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4950 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 316.
#7001 3 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

Is Stern service shut down? I tried calling their number and got an automated response that says due to COVID, they are not answering calls and to e-mail them. I sent them an e-mail and have not received any response in 24 hours. Anybody know the best way to get a hold of someone?

Stern Emailed me back about taking family for a tour ...He said they were shut down that he’d get back about the tour.Im not sure what shit down meant .

#7002 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

Where did you get that shooter rod?

I got the bits together for all my pins quite cheap from pinballshop.nl

They do the brass/gold balls + chrome balls and then you pick the plated shooter rod in chrome or gold.
You then purchase your larger barrel spring in gold or chrome.
Rods are threaded so fit no problem.
Only thing is, you have to replace the stern housing with the chrome bally Williams one + the Nylon bushing as these plated rods are slightly larger diameter.
You can drill the stern brass bushing to make them fit but you get a much smoother action by changing the housing as above.
I've replaced all my pins as above - quite cheap to do and looks great - very smooth action and beats the crap plastic stern look.

855CD02F-1C03-40CF-ADB3-296CB8FB64F4 (resized).jpeg855CD02F-1C03-40CF-ADB3-296CB8FB64F4 (resized).jpegA0EB5CC3-AE2F-437C-9325-703024919D58 (resized).jpegA0EB5CC3-AE2F-437C-9325-703024919D58 (resized).jpeg
#7003 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Stern Emailed me back about taking family for a tour ...He said they were shut down that he’d get back about the tour.Im not sure what shit down meant .

While they have people working the production line, it sounds like a lot of the office is still working from home. I'd be surprised if they let outsiders in for tours of the factory while the current health situation is underway.

I've taken the tour twice - once at the old factory while Tron was on the line, once at the new factory while Deadpool was running (was hoping to time it with Maiden on the line, but just missed it). Strongly recommended if you get the chance!

#7004 3 years ago

Hope all who are on this forum are well. Have been looking for an LE for a little while. If you are interested in selling, or looking to make room for another pin, please let me know. Thanks so much.

Dan

#7005 3 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

While they have people working the production line, it sounds like a lot of the office is still working from home. I'd be surprised if they let outsiders in for tours of the factory while the current health situation is underway.
I've taken the tour twice - once at the old factory while Tron was on the line, once at the new factory while Deadpool was running (was hoping to time it with Maiden on the line, but just missed it). Strongly recommended if you get the chance!

Yes he said he would get back to me when they resume tours not likely anytime soon .Cool I can’t wait to go on tour w kids !!

#7006 3 years ago

The left Outlane has been kicking my ass. Maybe there will be a fix for that on the next Code update. LOL

#7007 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

The left Outlane has been kicking my ass. Maybe there will be a fix for that on the next Code update. LOL

my fix was more and better nudging.

and a loose tilt bob

#7008 3 years ago

#reviveftw

#7009 3 years ago

I was thinking about moving the outlane post down to help but I Don’t want to be that guy. Probably will though. Lol.

#7010 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I was thinking about moving the outlane post down to help but I Don’t want to be that guy. Probably will though. Lol.

I wasn't That Guy but now I am... honestly for me it improved overall enjoyment. It doesn't reduce drains as much as you'd think, but just enough that you can have a great game now and then. Fair warning though it's actually more of a pain to move those posts than I expected.

#7011 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

I wasn't That Guy but now I am... honestly for me it improved overall enjoyment. It doesn't reduce drains as much as you'd think, but just enough that you can have a great game now and then. Fair warning though it's actually more of a pain to move those posts than I expected.

"You're only cheating yourself"

#7012 3 years ago

It almost isn't worth the hassle of moving the left outlane post, as it doesn't drop down low enough to have much of an effect. The left outlane is bad news no matter what.

#7013 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

It almost isn't worth the hassle of moving the left outlane post, as it doesn't drop down low enough to have much of an effect. The left outlane is bad news no matter what.

Not if you block it with a 3rd newton ball

#7014 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Not if you block it with a 3rd newton ball

Finally, with this mod I will be able to defeat the beast. Why did no one think of this sooner???

#7015 3 years ago

So on the right upper flipper when it finishes engaging it makes a thump sound. I opened it up and took apart the coil stop, inspected to ensure it was still sound, cleaned it and the coil sleeve and reassembled. Works smoother but still thumps when it hits the (don’t know what it’s called) little round black rubber piece. I’m thinking after checking the other flippers the tension is too tight? But I’m unsure how to adjust. Any tips? Still learning. IMDN Premium... thank you

#7016 3 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

So on the right upper flipper when it finishes engaging it makes a thump sound. I opened it up and took apart the coil stop, inspected to ensure it was still sound, cleaned it and the coil sleeve and reassembled. Works smoother but still thumps when it hits the (don’t know what it’s called) little round black rubber piece. I’m thinking after checking the other flippers the tension is too tight? But I’m unsure how to adjust. Any tips? Still learning. IMDN Premium... thank you

It's an echo because the coil bracket is too close to the cabinet. You can fix it by putting stereo dampening material on the back of the coil bracket, or just ignore it.

#7017 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's an echo because the coil bracket is too close to the cabinet. You can fix it by putting stereo dampening material on the back of the coil bracket, or just ignore it.

That would make sense as the thump does sound like it’s hitting the cabinet, which I know would not. Do many machines do that ? Trying to picture how you’d fit such a thing to your coil lol. Thanks for the reply

#7018 3 years ago

This noise still drives me crazy. I was hot on trying to deaden this a few months ago. That sound dampening stuff is expensive and I couldn't find a small quantity. I was going to try and get a scrap from a car stereo installer and the lockdown hit. I should try again.

#7019 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

This noise still drives me crazy. I was hot on trying to deaden this a few months ago. That sound dampening stuff is expensive and I couldn't find a small quantity. I was going to try and get a scrap from a car stereo installer and the lockdown hit. I should try again.

Good call... yea it’s making me crazy as well. The other solution is to just crank up the volume I guess.......... wifey will just have to get on board. Maybe I’d I crank up her guardians machine lol

Thank you all for the replies

#7020 3 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

That would make sense as the thump does sound like it’s hitting the cabinet, which I know would not. Do many machines do that ? Trying to picture how you’d fit such a thing to your coil lol. Thanks for the reply

You don't want to put it on your coil, but the bracket part that's closest to the cabinet. The stereo installer deadening mats are a thin, dense foam that has a sticky side and is very moldable, you just mold it to the end.

Also, there's a little play in the playfield left to right, usually. If you slide it 1/32 or 1/16 or whatever to the left within the cabinet when you put it down, that sometimes temporarily fixes it, too.

I just pretend it's Eddie in the cabinet trying to get out.

#7021 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

#7022 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You don't want to put it on your coil, but the bracket part that's closest to the cabinet. The stereo installer deadening mats are a thin, dense foam that has a sticky side and is very moldable, you just mold it to the end.
Also, there's a little play in the playfield left to right, usually. If you slide it 1/32 or 1/16 or whatever to the left within the cabinet when you put it down, that sometimes temporarily fixes it, too.

I really appreciate your help here. The installer foam is a great idea! I’ll give it a shot

#7023 3 years ago

If you can hear it, you need to turn it up and install a sub.

#7024 3 years ago

the polk powered sub on this pin is pure joy. no need for any other audio upgrade.

#7025 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

the polk powered sub on this pin is pure joy. no need for any other audio upgrade.

No, at a minimum replace the $2 speakers Stern uses. Get good coaxials in the backbox anda decent sub in the cab. Next step is added amplification for the three cab speakers in addition to the Polk sub.

#7026 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

No, at a minimum replace the $2 speakers Stern uses. Get good coaxials in the backbox anda decent sub in the cab. Next step is added amplification for the three cab speakers in addition to the Polk sub.

What do you suggest?

#7027 3 years ago

Proud papa tonight!!!! My oldest 12 got his high game !!!! We just started playing in April he’s on his way !!!

7F45652F-B0CD-4924-BD71-693C4DA2A29F (resized).jpeg7F45652F-B0CD-4924-BD71-693C4DA2A29F (resized).jpeg
#7028 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Proud papa tonight!!!! My oldest 12 got his high game !!!! We just started playing in April he’s on his way !!!
[quoted image]

My son, 7 years old, is progressively erasing my high scores on JP. Still be gran champion but for how long?

So an IMDN will be soon on my way, jut need to know if i go with pro or prem! Eternal question!

#7029 3 years ago

If it’s not too late, here’s a few of my code wishlist items:

+ give an extra .5-1 seconds delay on the super skillshot jackpot.
+ Mariner needs a super jackpot call out or effect
+ after you defeat (or play?) the beast, any modes you did not complete for a soul shard can be replayed until beaten.

That said, I had one of my best games on my pro last night. 8 soul shards collected (personal best), finally knowingly completed a 6-way combo, defeated the beast, and my favorite...joined the 300+ mil power jackpot club with a 370mil collect! It was pretty freaking epic!

2+ years later, this game still kicks ass.

#7030 3 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

It's the flipper base plate rubbing against the playfield slide support bracket. On some machine it's possible to adjust the playfield enough to get rid of the sound.

#7031 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

+ after you defeat (or play?) the beast, any modes you did not complete for a soul shard can be replayed until beaten.
That said, I had one of my best games on my pro last night. 8 soul shards collected (personal best), finally knowingly completed a 6-way combo, defeated the beast, and my favorite...joined the 300+ mil power jackpot club with a 370mil collect! It was pretty freaking epic!

crushed it!

#7032 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Had to get the blood flowing nice!!! I’ll add 1 thing how bout a longer high score list my kid hit 228k last night his high score and didn’t get to put his name up .I was pretty upset .Maybe like WOZ and have a daily list also .....Do it for For the children Keith !!

#7033 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Jeez, I must suck. Haven’t sniffed the Beast yet. Mummy Card still eludes me. Gotta keep playing!

#7034 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Jeez, I must suck. Haven’t sniffed the Beast yet. Mummy Card still eludes me. Gotta keep playing!

I wouldn’t claim that you suck. Every game is setup different(not taking anything away from Eskaybee). But game setup can dictate a lot. For example, I’m a pretty decent player (IFPA rank 350), and I have owned IMDN Pro since launch, so a little over 2 years. Just until last month I had never battled the beast due to my game setup. 7 degree angle, semi-tight tilt. No rubbers on posts, set to Tournament mode, EBs off, initial ball save at 3 seconds and all MB ball saves lowered by 10 seconds.

Last month I decided to set all my games to default. I’ve now had 3 attempts at the beast in 3 weeks. Almost every game is over 500 million.

One other thing, prior to quarantine, every time I played the game I was only going for maximum score. Everything changes when you go into the game with a specific game plan.

So, loosen her up a bit and enjoy and explore the $6000 piece of equipment you have!

#7035 3 years ago
Quoted from Returner:

It's the flipper base plate rubbing against the playfield slide support bracket. On some machine it's possible to adjust the playfield enough to get rid of the sound.

Thanks for the tip. I’ll dig into it!

#7036 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I wouldn’t claim that you suck. Every game is setup different(not taking anything away from Eskaybee). But game setup can dictate a lot. For example, I’m a pretty decent player (IFPA rank 350), and I have owned IMDN Pro since launch, so a little over 2 years. Just until last month I had never battled the beast due to my game setup. 7 degree angle, semi-tight tilt. No rubbers on posts, set to Tournament mode, EBs off, initial ball save at 3 seconds and all MB ball saves lowered by 10 seconds.
Last month I decided to set all my games to default. I’ve now had 3 attempts at the beast in 3 weeks. Almost every game is over 500 million.
One other thing, prior to quarantine, every time I played the game I was only going for maximum score. Everything changes when you go into the game with a specific game plan.
So, loosen her up a bit and enjoy and explore the $6000 piece of equipment you have!

Agreed. Also, another thing to consider is playing the same machine with the same setup for hundreds/thousands of plays and learning all the bounces. That’s why it’s important to clean your game and replace rubbers, to throw off the timing a bit. I recently cleaned my Maiden, but it’s been awhile since I’ve replaced the rubbers. Ultimately, You gotta find a balance for your skill level. I’ve been playing a lot of maiden lately and that game the other night was just the encore of a long week of playing. I’ve toyed with the idea of making mine even harder, but this game thrives in its modes and rules. So it would appear my next challenge is how can I make this table harder, yet still enjoy what it has to offer. Example, I had no problem turning extra balls limit to 1 on my Star Wars which was only awarded with 100 tie fighters, and having Mode stacking off, and shutting down all the long multiball ball saver times. Or removing outlanes on Deadpool, taking out weapon stacking, set 1 extra ball to 60 weapons, and giving a tilt so tight one fart will give you a warning. To me, depending on what the rules and layout have to offer, a game thrives on whether its physically brutal or not. IMDN reminds me much of LOTR where it thrives on deep mode skill play rather than breadth like SW or DP.

That said, my IMDN hasn’t changed too much from factory. The only changes I’ve done is increase sling coils strength (I like it wild), set REVIVE to extra hard with it giving only one save instead of double, and Power modes reward EB at 4 (not 3). The only change I made to make it easier, which I did the other day is what another pinside suggested, and take off the grind of having to relight Eddie for 2M2M - that shaves off 2-4 minutes of grind and well worth it. But, need to find the balance to offset that change it seems - So should I move the left outlane open, put in lightning flippers, or turn off power modes extra ball. I’ll probably start with the latter as that’s the easiest and I typically set most my games to 1 EB max anyway so makes most sense.

But, knowing that you have a 9x 15’ish mil power jackpot and no playfield multiplier And going for all 4 targets twice to light 3x, then start 3x, then hit the power jackpot, all while not hitting the orb during that setup, is pretty freaking exhilarating; and something I’ve been trying for probably close to a year. I.e. the 300+ mil power jackpot club

#7037 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The only change I made to make it easier, which I did the other day is what another pinside suggested, and take off the grind of having to relight Eddie for 2M2M - that shaves off 2-4 minutes of grind and well worth it.

I removed relighting Eddie too. Makes 2MTM achievable for me. I also lowered the loop extra ball to 30. Both adjustments have made the game more fun for me.

#7038 3 years ago
Quoted from truthdivides:

Both adjustments have made the game more fun for me.

And in the end that is what it's all about.

#7039 3 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

And in the end that is what it's all about.

Exactly. And then when you blow it up or do something spectacular, come share with us so we can live vicariously through your Adrenalin rush.

#7040 3 years ago

Random issue started last night.

When coils fire (flippers, pops, etc.) A bunch of the playfield lights will blink. Almost like a loose connection that switches on with the vibration of the coil pulse.

Any thought on where to look first?

#7041 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Random issue started last night.
When coils fire (flippers, pops, etc.) A bunch of the playfield lights will blink. Almost like a loose connection that switches on with the vibration of the coil pulse.
Any thought on where to look first?

Can you make it happen by smacking the playfield firmly with an open palm in various places?

#7042 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can you make it happen by smacking the playfield firmly with an open palm in various places?

Will try to do this, but I don't have any switch errors.

#7043 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Will try to do this, but I don't have any switch errors.

No, you say you believe the lights flickering is due to vibration. If you have all the LEDs running and cause vibration manually by hitting the playfield, that should narrow it down to vibration/not vibration.

#7044 3 years ago

Hi,
Joining soon the club with LE model.
Can someone tell me what are the known issues on this game and What are the must buy adds-on kits or mods?
I read some key posts and there is one mentioning a loop counter issue fixed with a kit. What else? cliffy needed?
Thanks

#7045 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
Joining soon the club with LE model.
Can someone tell me what are the known issues on this game and What are the must buy adds-on kits or mods?
I read some key posts and there is one mentioning a loop counter issue fixed with a kit. What else? cliffy needed?
Thanks

I say play the game and see what needs fixing. Some games are better than others.

My le has not had any loop issues, but I did have to adjust the lower captive ball (orb)

So best to play test and work from there.

#7046 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I say play the game and see what needs fixing. Some games are better than others.
My le has not had any loop issues, but I did have to adjust the lower captive ball (orb)
So best to play test and work from there.

How’s goin peeps.How did you fix the lower orb? I had it going off like crazy ,then I tightened the mech underneath to plate then tightened the plate to playfield now not registering that much .Unless it’s doing wgat it’s supposed to do I can’t remember before if it sometimes did nothing just the sound of the clank .When glass off next I’ll test I just noticed while playing the other night .Reguardlees looking for a permanent (as can be) fix thanks

#7047 3 years ago

Yes it works now I had it too right ...was thinking of putting a washer or 2 in so I can tighten down has anyone tried it this way ?

#7048 3 years ago

Here we go! Ball 1 over, starting EB now. Got 2 Eddie cards lit. Cyborg ready. 1 Eddie letter away from lighting my last mode to get to 2M2M. Is the Beast gonna happen??? Stay tuned!

00E0F1CF-CB2E-4123-8147-D2F960E5CAA9 (resized).jpeg00E0F1CF-CB2E-4123-8147-D2F960E5CAA9 (resized).jpeg
#7049 3 years ago

SIGH! Ball 1 Extra Ball, plunge into sling and right to the outlane, auto launch all the way around to right flipper, passed to the left flipper, first flip brick the ramp post and monster drain to the left outlane.

On to Ball 2. Total wasted opportunity.

#7050 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Here we go! Ball 1 over, starting EB now. Got 2 Eddie cards lit. Cyborg ready. 1 Eddie letter away from lighting my last mode to get to 2M2M. Is the Beast gonna happen??? Stay tuned![quoted image]

That’s an impressive score for 1ball, good luck on conquering the beast!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/141?hl=cldgin2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.