(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 317.
#651 5 years ago

Im really confused about the audio line out/headphone connections. The marketing for Iron Maiden stated a line out for hookup to a home audio system.
I dont see any connections on my board?

Did previous Spike systems come with a 3.5mm jack?

Did they downgrade the audio connections on this machine instead of improving them? Its my first Stern machine so I have no basis of comparison

#652 5 years ago
Quoted from DragonPin:

Im really confused about the audio line out/headphone connections. The marketing for Iron Maiden stated a line out for hookup to a home audio system.
I dont see any connections on my board?
Did previous Spike systems come with a 3.5mm jack?
Did they downgrade the audio connections on this machine instead of improving them? Its my first Stern machine so I have no basis of comparison

I think Spike1 had a 3.5mm jack. On Spike2 it's CN3 and CN5 pin headers on the CPU board.

I'm presuming they're going to sell a pigtail adapter for line out at some point, similar to the headphone kit. Going to scrounge through my junk parts over the weekend and try to figure out the hookup.

#653 5 years ago

We need more songs in the game! Like twice as many for the background music lol.

#654 5 years ago

Underside picts on the LE. Game is so much fun, really enjoying it so far. Tonight I am adding pin stadium lighting, will try out the flash on the lighting bolt flasher and see how that looks.

Maiden (7) (resized).jpegMaiden (7) (resized).jpeg

Maiden (4) (resized).jpegMaiden (4) (resized).jpeg

#655 5 years ago

I like the speaker lights where did you buy? Also can you confirm where the red GI lights are in the LE? Looks like single ones in slings?

#656 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Underside picts on the LE. Game is so much fun, really enjoying it so far. Tonight I am adding pin stadium lighting, will try out the flash on the lighting bolt flasher and see how that looks.

I see you changed you post to colored post. I did the same thing, until I realized stern is using a tapered post to prevent air balls from the post. I played a few games with colored post and noticed a lot of airball and ball jump from them. I put back on the factory black tapered ones and it did reduced the air balls.

#657 5 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I see you changed you post to colored post. I did the same thing, until I realized stern is using a tapered post to prevent air balls from the post. I played a few games with colored post and noticed a lot of airball and ball jump from them. I put back on the factory black tapered ones and it did reduced the air balls.

I use the slim titan colored posts. Size and shape wise they seem very close to the black default ones. I have played about 10+ games like this and have not noticed major air balls. BTW Titan red looks great on this game

#658 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

I use the slim titan colored posts. Size and shape wise they seem very close to the black default ones. I have played about 10+ games like this and have not noticed major air balls. BTW Titan red looks great on this game

Those were the same I was using. If you look at the old ones if you kept them, you will notice they are Tapered with the thick side going to the top, this forces the ball to stay on the play field. I have always changes out my post rubbers and have never noticed tapered post until Iron Maiden, maybe these are new for stern to help prevent air ball.

#659 5 years ago

What is the factory recommended torque for the leg bolts?

#660 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Choke up on your ratchet and not quite a full grunt.

#661 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

There is none that i know of. Just snug the bolts up food and dont crank on them when you're tightening them.

#662 5 years ago

Flippers sure are loud. Does that annoy anyone else? It's a pretty f'ing loud/sharp clack clack noise.

#663 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Does that annoy anyone else? It's a pretty f'ing loud/sharp clack clack noise.

I can't hear the flippers over the music I have volume cranked all the way up !!!

#664 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Flippers sure are loud. Does that annoy anyone else? It's a pretty f'ing loud/sharp clack clack noise.

Yes; noise is sensitive in my house with wife and 2 little kids and my gameroom is open to the living room. So If i had to complain about anything on this pin, it would be the flippers. However, the new design of them seems to make playing all 4 flippers easier/better; i.e. cradle balls with one lower flipper and make loops with the same side upper flipper.

#665 5 years ago

is .93 really the latest code out? I recall seeing a video of someone playing and it had updated animations yet the one I just d/l (.93 from stern) still has that one where Keith is walking. Just checking.

#666 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

is .93 really the latest code out? I recall seeing a video of someone playing and it had updated animations yet the one I just d/l (.93 from stern) still has that one where Keith is walking. Just checking.

Me too

#667 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

the le's have been shipping with .94 so guessing a drop will come by the end of the week.

#668 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

That was the first unexpected thing I noticed after setting up. The 2nd is that awful fan on the power supply.

#669 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

We need more songs in the game! Like twice as many for the background music lol.

I agree! More options for background songs that dont overlap songs attached to modes would be cool.

I know we can swap out tracks, but I dont want to lose any. It'd be weird doing The Trooper multiball without The Trooper playing, yanno? (not that i'd ever swap out that track, just an example)

Heaven Can Wait, Speed of Light, Stranger in a Strange Land...so many more would fit the game's energy just right.

#670 5 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

That was the first unexpected thing I noticed after setting up. The 2nd is that awful fan on the power supply.

Maybe do this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans

#671 5 years ago

Spoke with Stern today about getting the brackets made for SWLE to put on my IMDN. They told me to not modify the cabinet, if it cracks that they will replace it.

#672 5 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

Sub really wakes the beast

I just noticed the Bent Plastic glare guard on your game.
Do you think it is needed? How big a difference does it make?
(Already have my sub waiting for my game to arrive and join it!)

#673 5 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

Sub really wakes the beast

Agreed. Iron Maiden is not really bass heavy so they must have re-mixed the songs a bit. I have to crank the subs in my truck when I listen to Maiden so this pin sounds *really* good to me(with an added Polk PSW10).

#674 5 years ago

so lesson learned on the usb update - none of the LEDS or small red LEDs can be lite when you try to update. The update will fail. Learned this as I attempt to do my remix. Spike must be more sensitive. Thought it was usb but it was the lights. Basically you have to see NO lights on at all in backbox before updating code.

btw - removing the translite is like a balancing act now unless I'm missing something (balance bottom and top).

#675 5 years ago

Does anyone know of a place to get a good plastic protector set? all I see is the normal inlane and slings being sold. There are a couple plastics that could use some added protection like power orb plastic and the pirate Eddie plastic.

#676 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

btw - removing the translite is like a balancing act now unless I'm missing something (balance bottom and top).

Just open the bottom with the key and let it down. It will not hit the glass if you let it go. Then pull the translite up and out(or just out works too). Simple as that. I like it better than the old way now that I'm used to it.

#677 5 years ago

Hey! Amy with ASI Shipping! Thanks for calling when I was at the gym this morning and then promptly leaving your desk for the rest of the fucking day.
Tomorrow15-ProfileImage (resized).jpgTomorrow15-ProfileImage (resized).jpg

#678 5 years ago

Picked up #22 monday. Freaking love this game.

Resized_20180507_175858 (resized).jpgResized_20180507_175858 (resized).jpg

20180507_140257 (resized).jpg20180507_140257 (resized).jpg

20180507_160653 (resized).jpg20180507_160653 (resized).jpg

#679 5 years ago

22, the avenue. That's the place where we all go!

#680 5 years ago

I like the red on this game (PC)

#681 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Straight from the printed manual that should have come with your game, page 22 paragraph 6 line 3: "Tighten each leg bolt with care, as any over tightening will void your warrantee on the high quality Sternomatic Precision Nut Plate mechanism. If you hear a cracking sound and/or see separation at the upper corner of cabinet, you have over tightened the bolts."

#682 5 years ago

Anyone have occasional Auto Plunger issues? Worked great for days, now it is hitting the lower post before the left orbit occasionally. This is not during multi ball. I can replicate it sometimes with draining on the skill shot, then the auto plunge from ball save kicks in. Anyone fix this?

IMG_7938 (resized).JPGIMG_7938 (resized).JPG

IMG_7939 (resized).JPGIMG_7939 (resized).JPG

IMG_7940 (resized).jpgIMG_7940 (resized).jpg

#683 5 years ago

Added Flipper Fidelity speakers to the head tonight. Those along with a Polk PSW10 subwoofer and Pinnovators line out adapter and this thing sounds incredible!

The FF speakers in the head make a huge difference IMHO since they add tweeters. I had to readjust the sound settings for the head speakers to get a good mix.

My only "complaint" with my setup is I wish the Pinnovators board connected to the cabinet speaker output on the main PCB. That way adjustments could be made to the bass speakers and head speakers separately. As it stands you have to balance the sub with the little 4" speakers instead of the 8" speaker.

Love this pin... absolutely love it!!!

20180509_193244 (resized).jpg20180509_193244 (resized).jpg
20180509_193305 (resized).jpg20180509_193305 (resized).jpg
20180509_193336 (resized).jpg20180509_193336 (resized).jpg

#684 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I just noticed the Bent Plastic glare guard on your game.
Do you think it is needed? How big a difference does it make?
(Already have my sub waiting for my game to arrive and join it!)

It helps a little

#685 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Anyone have occasional Auto Plunger issues? Worked great for days, now it is hitting the lower post before the left orbit occasionally. This is not during multi ball. I can replicate it sometimes with draining on the skill shot, then the auto plunge from ball save kicks in. Anyone fix this?

Check under the plastic on the top of the shooter lane where the ball enters the playfield, I believe I’ve read there is an adjustment you can try.

#686 5 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Check under the plastic on the top of the shooter lane where the ball enters the playfield, I believe I’ve read there is an adjustment you can try.

I got it. One of the metal pieces was not resting properly against the ball at times. Needed to be bent.

In other news though, order some cabinet reinforcement asap, everyone! I don't even have a shaker installed. You can see some slight cracks. Gotta be from the wrong types of joints used.

They have not changed their process.

IMG_7956 (resized).JPGIMG_7956 (resized).JPG

IMG_7957 (resized).JPGIMG_7957 (resized).JPG

#687 5 years ago

Motherfuck.
I should not be nervous about the most money I've ever spent on a toy.
Goddamit. Sorry dude.

#688 5 years ago

Man that sucks Guinness

Gryzz you better have a few drinks to calm down before you open your box tomorrow!

#689 5 years ago

I got it. One of the metal pieces was not resting properly against the ball at times. Needed to be bent.
In other news though, order some cabinet reinforcement asap, everyone! I don't even have a shaker installed. You can see some slight cracks. Gotta be from the wrong types of joints used.
They have not changed their process.

Question for you - Was this a Marco show game?

#690 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Nope.

#691 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Why?

#692 5 years ago

Ok - That stinks. The reason I asked is that I noticed they were putting the legs and head bolts on using sockets attached to drills and they jacked up a head bolt of my buddies IMDN by basically stripping out one of the head bolt threads completely. Thought this may be some over zealous tightning of the legs. I would call Stern about it.

#693 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Spoke with Stern today about getting the brackets made for SWLE to put on my IMDN. They told me to not modify the cabinet, if it cracks that they will replace it.

You should get that in writing and share it with us. I want to believe you and Stern because this sounds like a turn for the best and a level of awareness and admission...IMO. Do you remember who you talked to at Stern?

#694 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ok - That stinks. The reason I asked is that I noticed they were putting the legs and head bolts on using sockets attached to drills and they jacked up a head bolt of my buddies IMDN. Though this may be some over zealous lightning of the legs. I would call Stern about it.

Is his lower cabinet splitting?

#695 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Is his lower cabinet splitting?

I didn't notice anything, but it has been on location in Atlanta since MGC. I will check next time I play.

#696 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

You should get that in writing and share it with us. I want to believe you and Stern because this sounds like a turn for the best and a level of awareness and admission...IMO. Do you remember who you talked to at Stern?

Not sure why you wouldn't believe me, just sharing what I was told. Can't remember who it was, but it wasn't Pat as that is who I was calling and he was not available.

#697 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I emailed Chas earlier. I just want to know if I can stabilize the cab without voiding any warranty. I also want to add a shaker but that doesn’t look like a wise move.

Still no regrets(yet). This game is spectacular.

#698 5 years ago

I emailed Chas earlier. I just want to know if I can stabilize the cab without voiding any warranty. I also want to add a shaker but that doesn’t look like a wise move.
Still no regrets(yet). This game is spectacular.

#699 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

...I noticed they were putting the legs and head bolts on using sockets attached to drills and they jacked up a head bolt of my buddies IMDN by basically stripping out one of the head bolt threads completely. Thought this may be some over zealous lightning of the legs.

Since tightening the leg bolts puts equal pressure on the inside and the outside of the cabinet at the same time over tightening the bolts can't be a factor in cabinet splitting. The threads will strip before any wood damage.

IMAG0556.jpgIMAG0556.jpg

#700 5 years ago

I love it. The only real issue I'm having is the ball getting stuck on the top loop against the metal bracket. Any fixes for that?
Also my tilt bob screw is too small for the bob but that's an easy fix.

-Jeff

20180509_210337 (resized).jpg20180509_210337 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.50
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.