(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 317.
#6901 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

(which is harder than the super easy Premium shot, imo)

Yes the ramp difference makes that shot harder on the pro, but not by much since it's dead-on in the middle of the playfield.

Quoted from ectobar:

(amazingly better on the pro, building up silly values is a fun strat)

The Pro lets you play sloppier on this point. The Premium demands more precision in this area. Sloppy play will give you terrible jackpots there.

But yeah, both of these points just reinforce my statement that the Premium and Pro play quite differently.

#6902 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Anyone start with a pro and move to premium? I love my pro but thinking about getting a NIB premium while I can. I beleive I will own a version of this indefinitely.

I picked up a prem for 6600 with side art,knocker,2 comet lights on slings for mid PF,shaker motor ,and mode color inserts Just a month ago .Im sure the pros badass also but If your going to a prem NIB is 8k w taxes .Id look around but that’s just me I got lucky found one an hour away .

#6903 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I picked up a prem for 6600 with side art,knocker,2 comet lights on slings for mid PF,shaker motor ,and mode color inserts Just a month ago .Im sure the pros badass also but If your going to a prem NIB is 8k w taxes .Id look around but that’s just me I got lucky found one an hour away .

Iron Maiden Prems can be had used for sub $6k to about $6,500, depending on what they have added (of worth). Look around if you're in the market. Deals are out there.

#6904 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Iron Maidens can be had used for sub $6k to about $6,500, depending on what they have added (of worth). Look around if you're in the market. Deals are out there.

Agreed ,I didn’t bargain with the nice guy I purchased from as he was out of work awile and I wasn’t .Itll even out my next one, I believe in Karma.

#6905 3 years ago

I own a pro and love the pro. I have played many games on premiums also. The premium is an awesome machine but more money so I went pro. You can't go wrong they are both sweet.

#6906 3 years ago

I played the pro and went LE. Way better game with the extras and agree that the lower orb is far better than a target. Trying to build up jackpots is difficult, and accidental hits often waste add-a-balls.

#6907 3 years ago

Thanks for the input. I'll wait till one pops up local

#6908 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I played the pro and went LE. .

Ill take 2 pros over an LE almost everytime. Its really just about how you want to spend your money.

#6909 3 years ago

This is a little dumb but the "cool" factor on the premium is a difference-maker for me. The center ramp revealing the backlit underworld is awesome, and the tomb opening (helped a lot by the shaker motor!!) is just fun.

#6910 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Anyone start with a pro and move to premium? I love my pro but thinking about getting a NIB premium while I can. I beleive I will own a version of this indefinitely.

I have a pro and love the game so much I want a premium now. I have actually toyed with the notion of buying a premium and swapping the cabinets. I prefer the pro artwork package over the premium. Not sure if I tried to sell a pro in a premium cab that anyone would be interested though, so it may be a really dumb idea.

#6911 3 years ago
Quoted from Skeets:

I have a pro and love the game so much I want a premium now. I have actually toyed with the notion of buying a premium and swapping the cabinets. I prefer the pro artwork package over the premium. Not sure if I tried to sell a pro in a premium cab that anyone would be interested though, so it may be a really dumb idea.

If that’s the case just do your thing then order a pro decal set

#6912 3 years ago
Quoted from Skeets:

I think people mix and match more than we know. In this thread, back when the game was released, someone bought a pro and LE and swapped the LE game into the pro cab and kept the LE backglass and then someone ended up with a pro in his LE cab when he sold the pro. Personally, I don't think you're missing anything with the pro. The 2 Newton balls are really sensitive and need more attention than they should. Cool idea that wasn't perfected in my opinion.

#6913 3 years ago

My thing that works for me is wait a year or 2 after a new game comes out and you’ll get a prem at a new pro price .I also wait for movies to make it to Redbox Lmao every dollar counts .

#6914 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

If that’s the case just do your thing then order a pro decal set

Sure that is an option, I have done many decal jobs on WPC games in the past...swapping the boards and playfield is an easier job.

#6915 3 years ago

I think the premium option is the best middle ground and not just for the obvious reason that it's the middle choice of 3 The LE option on Sterns is more about what i would term the "wank factor" In other words it's the BLING version of premium, same PF, same game play and game play options but with added......wank. Don't shoot me i'm an Aussie that's under Corona stress and drinking too much bourbon to calm the nerves

#6916 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I think the premium option is the best middle ground and not just for the obvious reason that it's the middle choice of 3 The LE option on Sterns is more about what i would term the "wank factor" In other words it's the BLING version of premium, same PF, same game play and game play options but with added......wank. Don't shoot me i'm an Aussie that's under Corona stress and drinking too much bourbon to calm the nerves

One man's "wank factor" is another man's better art, mirrored back glass, powder coating, invisiglass, and shaker motor.

#6917 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

One man's "wank factor" is another man's better art, mirrored back glass, powder coating, invisiglass, and shaker motor

DOOOD i've been drinking FFS don't pop off so many shots in a hurry i can only duck so many in my fragile state

#6918 3 years ago

Hi there,
Back from pick-up my Met, i got the opportunity to play IM pro.
Just played one game but i really enjoyed it. So SMOOTH to shoot, all shots. Was a little afraid to not be able to use correctly the 4 flippers at 3 different stages, specially in MB, but it is OK (i guess it would be even better with practice).
I like the layout, It is unique, the left side looks like Aerosmith, just the ramp replace the loop. Pop-up post helps for using this 4th flipper. There is no difficult shot (maybe what i could complain a little). Art is amazing.
I didn’t understand what i shoot for, just following what was flashing/lighting so i could not say anything about code (just score over 300m on my only game so i had the time to really like it). even if the theme really does nothing for me, i think sound/music does bother me much less than Met.
How is the prem vs the pro?

#6919 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

One man's "wank factor" is another man's better art, mirrored back glass, powder coating, invisiglass, and shaker motor.

Invisiglass and shaker arent expensive enough to justify the price hike imo and are available through all models. The rest of the stuff you mentioned is literally "wank factor" though. Nothing wrong with wank factor but you are proving his point.

#6920 3 years ago

anyone regularly get balls stuck on drop target bank. Id bet it happens 1 in 5 games for me. set my tilt bob low so I can advise the ball off the target instead of waiting for ball search.

#6921 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

anyone regularly get balls stuck on drop target bank. Id bet it happens 1 in 5 games for me. set my tilt bob low so I can advise the ball off the target instead of waiting for ball search.

Under the playfield there is a screw that adjusts the height of the drop target bank. Pretty easy to find, but I can get you a picture if needed. Mine was the same way. Super quick fix to keep the game flowin

#6922 3 years ago

Had a pro, sold it. Premium was a little too stop n go for my liking. I much prefer the more wild and crazy gameplay of the pro. So much, I picked up another pro and have had it for nearly 2 years.

I know vireland thinks the pro is easier, but I’d disagree. Pro is more wild and it actually utilizes the right loop more which is one of the most dangerous shots in the game on a miss. That coupled with the wild(faster?) gameplay, gives it the nod for me.

That said, the left ramp tomb feed is a really satisfying - feel good shot on the premium.

#6923 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

Under the playfield there is a screw that adjusts the height of the drop target bank. Pretty easy to find, but I can get you a picture if needed. Mine was the same way. Super quick fix to keep the game flowin

I'll have to check that target bank screw.

another spot im getting stuck balls is just left of the right up post. I think the stainless wear plate vs up post hole makes a nice ball rest

I also have a few GI leds flickering on my pro, have new leds on order but I'm 98% its a terminal issue. I use stabilant 22 on alot of oem terminals in the automotive field fixed tons of intermittent issues with it. ill add some drops of that and test.

#6924 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I'll have to check that target bank screw.
another spot im getting stuck balls is just left of the right up post. I think the stainless wear plate vs up post hole makes a nice ball rest
I also have a few GI leds flickering on my pro, have new leds on order but I'm 98% its a terminal issue. I use stabilant 22 on alot of oem terminals in the automotive field fixed tons of intermittent issues with it. ill add some drops of that and test.

That screw will fix it for sure.

As for balls getting stuck by up post, the metal protector is supposed to prevent them from getting stuck that's interesting. Likely you can adjust the coil in the bracket to move it up slightly as well. Haven't looked.

GI flickers are common on these. It's shitty sockets. Mine have been fixed by using a piece of electrical tape to more firmly secure them.

#6925 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

That screw will fix it for sure.
As for balls getting stuck by up post, the metal protector is supposed to prevent them from getting stuck that's interesting. Likely you can adjust the coil in the bracket to move it up slightly as well. Haven't looked.
GI flickers are common on these. It's shitty sockets. Mine have been fixed by using a piece of electrical tape to more firmly secure them.

Where is it getting stuck on the drop targets?

I occasionally get stuck balls, but usually the top 2 drops have dropped, and the nearest is still up...the ball can just "rest" on the top of the target that is still up. I think the "dropped" targets are flush to the PF, so I don't see how a screw would fix that kind of ball hang....

#6926 3 years ago

He said he had to keep the tilt loose to shake it free. Yeah even with them flush to the of the ball can get stuck on top of two, but a gentle nudge frees it. 1 in 5 games is really often as well. The screw adjusts the height of the bank

#6927 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

He said he had to keep the tilt loose to shake it free. Yeah even with them flush to the of the ball can get stuck on top of two, but a gentle nudge frees it. 1 in 5 games is really often as well. The screw adjusts the height of the bank

I'd like to see a pic of the adjustment screw too. Thx

#6928 3 years ago

I get ball hang ups at the drops too but i also have the Cliffy installed there which i think makes the situation worse, been thinking about removing it. Anyone else got the Cliffy there and have the same issue?

#6929 3 years ago

Just to be clear...we are all talking about this? ->

20200718_100757 (resized).jpg20200718_100757 (resized).jpg

I don't see how adjusting the drop target height (mine is flush with PF) would fix this...

#6930 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Just to be clear...we are all talking about this

Yep that's sort of what happens with mine although sometimes the middle target is dropped and the ball sits in between the top and bottom or both top targets have dropped and sitting like that. Your bank does appear lower than mine but it could be trick of the camera and angle of the shot. But with the Cliffy installed there's a very slight height difference and the ball seems to get stuck on the back edge of it. It's getting late here so i will set up what mine does and snap a pic of it later today. With the Cliffy issue i sure have to shake or pop the machine with some force to budge the ball sometimes hence why i'm considering removing it.

#6931 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

[quoted image]
I don't see how adjusting the drop target height (mine is flush with PF) would fix this...

yes thats what happens to me

#6932 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

[quoted image]

Never had this happen on mine.

My drops are maybe 1 mm higher than p/f.

#6933 3 years ago

Meant to quote godog

Your bank looks slightly lower than the pf in the pic. Can be raised with screw adjustment. I will post pics tonight.

I get a hangup there once in maybe 50 games after adjustment

#6934 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

Meant to quote godog
Your bank looks slightly lower than the pf in the pic. Can be raised with screw adjustment. I will post pics tonight.
I get a hangup there once in maybe 50 games after adjustment

I went ahead and adjusted the bank up. I can see that helping a bit now. I'll now just have to play Maiden a bunch and see if it has been improved!

#6935 3 years ago

Does mummy multiball have an Ultra Super Jackpot call out? I’ve never gotten a bullseye with 3x rolling on the super jackpot shot in mummy mb. Today, I did it! I’ve heard him say tripe, quadruple, and even quintuple jackpot. But, never heard the the 3x + 3x(Bullseye) call out. I could have sworn he said Ultra Super Jackpot, but I could be mistaken. In either case, it was intense! Anyone get that before and know what he says?

#6936 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Does mummy multiball have an Ultra Super Jackpot call out? I’ve never gotten a bullseye with 3x rolling on the super jackpot shot in mummy mb. Today, I did it! I’ve heard him say tripe, quadruple, and even quintuple jackpot. But, never heard the the 3x + 3x(Bullseye) call out. I could have sworn he said Ultra Super Jackpot, but I could be mistaken. In either case, it was intense! Anyone get that before and know what he says?

I certainly haven't. Mummy has become my beast roadblock. I can get the other 3 cards regularly enough but Mummy is owning me.

#6937 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I certainly haven't. Mummy has become my beast roadblock. I can get the other 3 cards regularly enough but Mummy is owning me.

Me too. I see other people saying this is an easy mode, just hit spinner and captive ball. I consider myself a better than average player, I can beat most games. I've owned this a couple years and have only gotten to the devil a couple of times. Hangup is usually this mode. Trap ball approach is always a disaster on this mode. Maybe I need to watch someone crush it and I'll see what I'm doing wrong.

#6938 3 years ago

It owned me too for the longest time. Recently I've been getting it fairly often. Three advances helped me: 1. Restarting the mode isn't that hard and you pick up where you left off. 2. A few solid spinner rips go a long way esp. for later letters. 3. Go for add-a-ball shots immediately.

#6939 3 years ago

Joined the club this weekend! Did a nice trade with a local vendor. Pumped to have this in the collection!

DC3979C0-4848-42A5-8E3B-70FF0CAF4CD5 (resized).jpegDC3979C0-4848-42A5-8E3B-70FF0CAF4CD5 (resized).jpeg
#6940 3 years ago
Quoted from Tablewicked:

Joined the club this weekend! Did a nice trade with a local vendor. Pumped to have this in the collection!
[quoted image]

Cool, I just sold my TFTC and think Maiden is my next game. Noticed you had one, Maiden is fast and fun.

#6941 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Cool, I just sold my TFTC and think Maiden is my next game. Noticed you had one, Maiden is fast and fun.

Go for it! such a great game. My Girlfriend hates metal music but loves this game because its so fun. Also I could never sell my TFTC.

#6942 3 years ago

My pinside jedi mind trick almost worked. First game tonight, just completed mummy on ball one. Took two trips through, but got it done. Unfortunately the rest of the game was a little too beefy.

#6943 3 years ago

Can’t go wrong with the super bowl champ!!

#6944 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

The right ramp shot will remind you of the RR on TFTC, except it is a little wider and a little easier to hit.

#6945 3 years ago

Added Pinwoofer’s new GT amplifier system to Maiden - very happy with the results - really brings out the sound effects. Didn’t change out the speakers as the LE has decent speakers but did install Dan’s wooden mounting ring for the sub and it made a big improvement in the performance of the bass. Sounds good enough I disconnected my external sub.

#6946 3 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

Added Pinwoofer’s new GT amplifier system to Maiden - very happy with the results - really brings out the sound effects. Didn’t change out the speakers as the LE has decent speakers but did install Dan’s wooden mounting ring for the sub and it made a big improvement in the performance of the bass. Sounds good enough I disconnected my external sub.

We really appreciate the feedback Birdnest ! Also, can't wait to see that Dracula deep restore when completed! Guys like you make pinball better - Dan & Emily

#6947 3 years ago

Loops are extremely difficult to make on my game so I'm tempted to change the upper right flipper angle slightly to see if it makes any improvement. A big part of the issue is if the ball hits too high in the left loop entrance, it just bounces dead. Has anyone else had grief making loop shots on their game?

Rob

#6948 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Loops are extremely difficult to make on my game so I'm tempted to change the upper right flipper angle slightly to see if it makes any improvement. A big part of the issue is if the ball hits too high in the left loop entrance, it just bounces dead. Has anyone else had grief making loop shots on their game?
Rob

Mine was fine until tonight .I got home from work (family still at camper volume 80%)and all of a sudden after drain ,ball sets and no choice on song ,then plunge and hear the laser gun like sound constantly going off and score going back m forth slightly .Kinda seems like all scoring is off jumping around if that makes sense .Anyway would appreciate any help I’m baffled but just got this a month ago n been busy side work to buy 3rd pin so I havnt had time to read through manual .Thanks for help and as far as missing shots I had what your saying goin on and I spent time leveling game the left/right leg adjustments in this game is important to get straight .

#6949 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Mine was fine until tonight .I got home from work (family still at camper volume 80%)and all of a sudden after drain ,ball sets and no choice on song ,then plunge and hear the laser gun like sound constantly going off and score going back m forth slightly .Kinda seems like all scoring is off jumping around if that makes sense .Anyway would appreciate any help I’m baffled but just got this a month ago n been busy side work to buy 3rd pin so I havnt had time to read through manual .Thanks for help and as far as missing shots I had what your saying goin on and I spent time leveling game the left/right leg adjustments in this game is important to get straight .

Glass off. Put it in test mode for the switches and see which switch is firing from vibration by hitting the playfield with your open palm in various places. That switch or switches is/are likely your problem.

#6950 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Glass off. Put it in test mode for the switches and see which switch is firing from vibration by hitting the playfield with your open palm in various places. That switch or switches is/are likely your problem.

Thanks I’ll try that tonight when home .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/139?hl=supersquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.