(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 317.
#6851 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

grab it and pull it back, or put a flathead screwdriver shaft on that post to the left and on the left side of the target and use that for leverage to force it back over.
There is a modified version of the target bracket you can install that prevents leaning. Pinball Life has it:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

Ive done this more than once. Even tried locktite. It always goes back tonthe left. I want to order a bracket but shipping to Canada was like $40 for 1 little bracket

#6852 3 years ago

Looking for advice I really don’t want to throw any mods in my prem looks n plays fantastic as is .I purchased from guy who installed shaker,knocker,PG side art,some insert color on mode tree and 2 spotlights on slings facing center PF.The only thing I’m looking at is if it’s worth the $ fir upgrade on glass and which one fits best with this machine ? Thanks for any input .

#6853 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Looking for advice I really don’t want to throw any mods in my prem looks n plays fantastic as is .I purchased from guy who installed shaker,knocker,PG side art,some insert color on mode tree and 2 spotlights on slings facing center PF.The only thing I’m looking at is if it’s worth the $ fir upgrade on glass and which one fits best with this machine ? Thanks for any input .

I have the Stern HD glass on my Pro and can't recommend it enough. I also have a shaker and the external volume/aux jack and the HD glass is definitely the best mod out of that group.

#6854 3 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

I have the Stern HD glass on my Pro and can't recommend it enough. I also have a shaker and the external volume/aux jack and the HD glass is definitely the best mod out of that group.

Thanks bud I think that’s what I’ll go with.By the way is there any kind of market for the stock glass to sell n recoup some $.Just wondering and what would the value be on that thanks again for the help!

#6855 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks bud I think that’s what I’ll go with.By the way is there any kind of market for the stock glass to sell n recoup some $.Just wondering and what would the value be on that thanks again for the help!

keep the stock glass so you can put it back in when you sell and keep the HD for new game

minimal market value for stock glass

#6856 3 years ago

Does anyone have any idea when the new code is coming out?

#6857 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

No

#6858 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

keep the stock glass so you can put it back in when you sell and keep the HD for new game
minimal market value for stock glass

Thanks makes sense.Im a newb bought first in April had latest code then this one also latest .Does the game change completely with a new code or is it just tweaking ?

#6859 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

We've been waiting for the rumored code update that was supposed to be out last mid-December, but maybe that was mid-December 2020...

#6860 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks makes sense.Im a newb bought first in April had latest code then this one also latest .Does the game change completely with a new code or is it just tweaking ?

This is the code history for this game. It gets updated with each update.
Read though it and it will give you an idea of the changes. Note, not all of the versions are released to the public.

To answer your question, no. Usually just tweaking. But there are exceptions.

But honestly at this point for this game, I really wouldn't expect much. The game is already complete and amazing.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Iron_Maiden-1_06_0-README_PRO.txt

#6861 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a fairly recent part, but not sure when Stern started adding these. I don't think all the Maiden runs have them, but not 100% sure.

That makes sense. Mine seems to have some later run stuff like the leg brackets.

#6862 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Try to get Roman glass if you can find it. Similar price but better glare reduction, and the edges are machined.

#6863 3 years ago

The game still has pretty serious bugs.

#6864 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I believe pinball decals has what is considered best by a Vary small amount,I have owned all of the glass out there,yes PDI Glass has very nice sanded edges but it is never in stock and shipping is 70.00 for one sheet,then I believe the glass is 300.00.

You can get a two pack of voodo glass from coin taker for 400.00 shipped,dam near as good no sanded edges,you decide!

#6865 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I believe pinball decals has what is considered best by a Vary small amount,I have owned all of the glass out there,yes PDI Glass has very nice sanded edges but it is never in stock and shipping is 70.00 for one sheet,then I believe the glass is 300.00.
You can get a two pack of voodo glass from coin taker for 400.00 shipped,dam near as good no sanded edges,you decide!

I did not know they carried glass I’ve ordered from them before but again wasn’t looking .That deal sounds sweet as I’m on the hunt for #3 already .Man when I was told to be sure I want to get into this hobby that it will consume you I laughed it off thought I’d buy 1 to o play around with I purchased the 2nd 2 months after the first and I’m taking on side jobs to get my spot filled I thought 4 was max seems I can fit 5 and then maybe take over the dining room lmao!!!

#6866 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

This is the code history for this game. It gets updated with each update.
Read though it and it will give you an idea of the changes. Note, not all of the versions are released to the public.
To answer your question, no. Usually just tweaking. But there are exceptions.
But honestly at this point for this game, I really wouldn't expect much. The game is already complete and amazing.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Iron_Maiden-1_06_0-README_PRO.txt

Thanks I’m on this today ! I fing love pinball I havnt had something that interested me this much since I played in rock bands 20 years ago !!

#6867 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Try to get Roman glass if you can find it. Similar price but better glare reduction, and the edges are machined.

Didn’t know there was this many thanks !!

#6868 3 years ago

Like there was any doubt
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6869 3 years ago

...and with this JP code landing, do we think Maiden will see a 1.07 soon?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6870 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

...and with this JP code landing, do we think Maiden will see a 1.07 soon?[quoted image]

Whelp, I sure hope so. Maybe they were waiting for the Maiden showdown win...

#6871 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Whelp, I sure hope so. Maybe they were waiting for the Maiden showdown win...

"Maiden won the showdown. Dont waste your time with a code update, its good enough"- Gary Stern (in my mind)

#6872 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

...and with this JP code landing, do we think Maiden will see a 1.07 soon?[quoted image]

Last time I messaged KME several months ago I was told our code would hit as soon as JP got up to 1.0. At least that's what I thought he said. I gave up, maybe we get it, maybe we don't.

#6873 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Last time I messaged KME several months ago I was told our code would hit as soon as JP got up to 1.0. At least that's what I thought he said. I gave up, maybe we get it, maybe we don't.

Having been told that in the monthly presser about GB getting code when SW got to 1.0 I don’t believe that at all. What did we get after SW 1.0? Munsters.

*I place zero blame on Dwight for the GB delay. Dwight made GB code amazing with the 1.16 update.

#6874 3 years ago

Relax everyone. It's still happening 100%. Things got pushed back, that is all. Keith has been busting ass polishing Jurassic Park, as well as Game #3 AND Game #4. Hang in there, it will drop when you least expect it, just don't expect it in the next month or so.

#6875 3 years ago

Nothing is 100% unless it has already happened. We'll probably get an update at some point, perhaps, but it is disappointing it is taking so long.

#6876 3 years ago

Anyone know if Keith is still trying to work "Can I Play with Madness" into the Pro? I had read that he was trying to figure a way to make it work.

#6877 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Anyone know if Keith is still trying to work "Can I Play with Madness" into the Pro? I had read that he was trying to figure a way to make it work.

That would be cool. Wish there were more roving targets like aces high has

#6878 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

it will drop when you least expect it, just don't expect it in the next month or so.

Since you say to not expect it in the next month or so, that will be when i least expect it... Which is when the new code will drop... So next month confirmed?

#6879 3 years ago

I hope Mariner gets a super jackpot call out. I love hitting the aces high one, feels/sounds so freakin cool. Mariner is a harder super (IMO) and needs a special effect like Aces has.

#6880 3 years ago

Just got this in and the mods are going on nicely...

2F940F92-45B8-439B-A95E-A4FE69FE20D9 (resized).jpeg2F940F92-45B8-439B-A95E-A4FE69FE20D9 (resized).jpeg7CD39068-CCDD-457E-9B00-DE1B98F687FF (resized).jpeg7CD39068-CCDD-457E-9B00-DE1B98F687FF (resized).jpeg
#6881 3 years ago
Quoted from Zwovr6:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great I’d imagine it’s bolted to the floor ? Great job !!

#6882 3 years ago
Quoted from Zwovr6:

Do the ramp stickers slow the ball down ? I want them but my lil guy has a hard time getting it up top as it is don’t want to make it tougher on him .

#6883 3 years ago

Has anyone had a bug with Battle the Beast? I believe I got to stage two of the mode so had to hit the bullseye, I couldn't seem to catch a break with ball movement so it took a long time to get control. Eventually I hit the ball up the left ramp and as I was about to shoot for the bullseye as it returned to the left inlane it was like the mode finished - my flippers went dead, the ball drained, and I was done. It than went to player 2.
Lets just say frustration was high!
I also had nearly all Soul Shards, are these supposed to do something for Battle the Beast mode?

#6884 3 years ago
Quoted from Flex_in_Aus:

Has anyone had a bug with Battle the Beast? I believe I got to stage two of the mode so had to hit the bullseye, I couldn't seem to catch a break with ball movement so it took a long time to get control. Eventually I hit the ball up the left ramp and as I was about to shoot for the bullseye as it returned to the left inlane my flippers went dead, the ball drained, mode finished, and I was done. It than went to player 2.
I also had nearly all Soul Shards, are these supposed to do something for Battle the Beast mode?

Soul Shards get you Tomb Treasures, which get you to Run to the Hills. It takes 10 Tomb Treasures, so 10 Shards. Never battled the Beast, so can't tell you if that was a bug or not.

#6885 3 years ago
Quoted from Flex_in_Aus:

Has anyone had a bug with Battle the Beast? I believe I got to stage two of the mode so had to hit the bullseye, I couldn't seem to catch a break with ball movement so it took a long time to get control. Eventually I hit the ball up the left ramp and as I was about to shoot for the bullseye as it returned to the left inlane it was like the mode finished - my flippers went dead, the ball drained, and I was done. It than went to player 2.

If you defeat the Beast you collect the value of your Soul Shards again, they don't do anything in the actual battle.

#6886 3 years ago

Yes going to keep for some time

#6887 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Do the ramp stickers slow the ball down ? I want them but my lil guy has a hard time getting it up top as it is don’t want to make it tougher on him .

I am sure it has some effect. Just do not notice anything during game play.

#6888 3 years ago
Quoted from Zwovr6:

I am sure it has some effect. Just do not notice anything during game play.

Good cause they look great

#6889 3 years ago

I gotta be honest... I love the look and feel of metal ramps. Can't imagine covering them up. If they were just plastic, I'd slap stickers on there in a heartbeat.

#6890 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I gotta be honest... I love the look and feel of metal ramps. Can't imagine covering them up. If they were just plastic, I'd slap stickers on there in a heartbeat.

I agree w you but this game with Egyptian theme they look great prolly only one I would do that on .

#6891 3 years ago
Quoted from Zwovr6:

I forget, who sells these ramp decals? I'm tempted again to get some

#6892 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Yeah I get that also, but it’s not a permanent change and since no effect on game play I have no issue with adding them as I do like that it adds to the theme.

Quoted from Bohdi:

I forget, who sells these ramp decals? I'm tempted again to get some

Tilt graphics has them. Think the have two versions.

#6893 3 years ago
Quoted from Zwovr6:

Got a bad notion of the biggest travesty of modern Stern-era: "Munsters", when seeing the ramps
Else, interesting apron!

#6894 3 years ago

Anyone start with a pro and move to premium? I love my pro but thinking about getting a NIB premium while I can. I beleive I will own a version of this indefinitely.

#6895 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Anyone start with a pro and move to premium? I love my pro but thinking about getting a NIB premium while I can. I beleive I will own a version of this indefinitely.

Love my pro. No desire to go premium. I dont like the egypt package and the extras hardly seem worth the extra money.

#6896 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Yes. We started with a Pro on location, but upgraded to the Premium after about 9 months. The Premium plays quite a bit differently than the Pro because some shots are moved, but I like it a LOT more. The only downside is Eddie the Drum Major backglass.

#6897 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. We started with a Pro on location, but upgraded to the Premium after about 9 months. The Premium plays quite a bit differently than the Pro because some shots are moved, but I like it a LOT more. The only downside is Eddie the Drum Major backglass.

I didn't realize this, what shots are moved?

#6898 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

Sorry dumb question. I thought you meant physical shot layout but I'm sure you meant things like tomb treasure

#6899 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

The main shot is the mummy shot. Instead of hitting the captive newton ball to the left of the ramp over and over, you qualify the mummy, the tomb opens at the top of the ramp, then you shoot the left ramp instead (which is harder than the super easy pro shot, imo).

There's also the shot where the ramp opens on the Premium, but you have to get Up the ramp on the Pro, so weak shots will go in on the Prem, but will come back on the Pro.

And then you have the ball on a post instead of a target on the lower left. It's much easier to accidentally hit this on a Prem and collect something you don't want to collect yet. Pro pretty much requires intent to collect.

And finally the Prem/LE has the Can I Play with Madness mode the Pro just doesn't have at all.

#6900 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's also the shot where the ramp opens on the Premium, but you have to get Up the ramp on the Pro

(which is harder than the super easy Premium shot, imo)

Quoted from PinMonk:

Pro pretty much requires intent to collect.

(amazingly better on the pro, building up silly values is a fun strat)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/138?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.