(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,809 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,809 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 317.
#6801 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

The 50 loops EB seems like a mythical beast to me. I guess timing out the loop jps would help, but that's seems equally crazy. Gotta cash those in. The struggle is real.

Maybe if all loops counted toward the 50 id have an occasional chance but i average about 20 loops and max out in the low 30s.
Im really hoping this is something that gets nerfed a bit for us normal pinball folk. Ive already got R2TH to never achieve thanks.

#6802 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Im really hoping this is something that gets nerfed a bit

You know you can adjust the number right? It's one of the feature adjustments. Maybe try setting it to 40?
I'm going to leave mine alone for now, but it's still fun to grumble about.

#6803 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Maybe if all loops counted toward the 50 id have an occasional chance but i average about 20 loops and max out in the low 30s.
Im really hoping this is something that gets nerfed a bit for us normal pinball folk. Ive already got R2TH to never achieve thanks.

You can Nerf it in the settings. I had mine at 40 until I started getting it more often. 50 is high IMHO. 40 is more realistic considering jackpot loops don't count. I doubt anyone playing this on route had ever achieved that exb.

#6804 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

You can Nerf it in the settings. I had mine at 40 until I started getting it more often. 50 is high IMHO. 40 is more realistic considering jackpot loops don't count. I doubt anyone playing this on route had ever achieved that exb.

Quoted from ectobar:

You know you can adjust the number right? It's one of the feature adjustments. Maybe try setting it to 40?
I'm going to leave mine alone for now, but it's still fun to grumble about.

Sure. If i wanted to cheat. I could also have it set to 5 ball and battle the beast this week but i like to play as intended.
I want the FACTORY setting to be lower lol

#6805 3 years ago

Competition mode installed.

DEE5A412-E437-4CED-A093-C1BF8B087FA9 (resized).jpegDEE5A412-E437-4CED-A093-C1BF8B087FA9 (resized).jpeg
#6806 3 years ago

Struggling to find the Part Number for the rubber bumpers that go at the top of the back box where play-field rests when in full vertical service position.
Link to seller or PN would be greatly appreciated.

#6807 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Struggling to find the Part Number for the rubber bumpers that go at the top of the back box where play-field rests when in full vertical service position.
Link to seller or PN would be greatly appreciated.

Is this it?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-9910-01

I've never seen it in stock. My Aerosmith was missing one from the factory.

#6808 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Competition mode installed. [quoted image]

Show off

#6809 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Is this it?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-9910-01
I've never seen it in stock. My Aerosmith was missing one from the factory.

Thank you!!

#6810 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Nothing says "road trip" like a good 2-3 mile drive.

2-3 miles is not gonna cut it for me. Driving this friday 300 kilometers to fetch my premium NIB from Germany and then 300 kilometer back to the Netherlands.
Worth it!!!!!

#6811 3 years ago

Problem with my game is a lot of big loops fail to register... what was the fix for this, covering the bottom half of the opto cutout holes, or was that JP's fix?

#6812 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Problem with my game is a lot of big loops fail to register... what was the fix for this, covering the bottom half of the opto cutout holes, or was that JP's fix?

Is there a specific situation that they fail to register?

The big loop doesn’t register when a ball is being launched, so if you are in multiball and another ball is launched, if you hit the loop with a ball already in play it will intentionally not register.

#6813 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Taped over half the opto. Registers every time since

#6814 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Sure. If i wanted to cheat. I could also have it set to 5 ball and battle the beast this week but i like to play as intended.
I want the FACTORY setting to be lower lol

Lol. Comparing 40 loops to five ball.

To say factory is always perfect for settings is ridiculous. I have to turn off all xbs on TZ or I tour the door twice per game. Does that make me a god? Hell no. Factory is too easy.

I think IMDN loop setting and Di sim carry over are the only two things I've ever nerfed. IMDN is back to 50 for me, but 40 is a much better factory default for most players.

For the record, I've had games at about 1.5 billion and never battled the beast.

5 ball... Lol. That's funny.

#6815 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Lol. Comparing 40 loops to five ball.
To say factory is always perfect for settings is ridiculous. I have to turn off all xbs on TZ or I tour the door twice per game. Does that make me a god? Hell no. Factory is too easy.
I think IMDN loop setting and Di sim carry over are the only two things I've ever nerfed. IMDN is back to 50 for me, but 40 is a much better factory default for most players.
For the record, I've had games at about 1.5 billion and never battled the beast.
5 ball... Lol. That's funny.

Twilight Zone wasnt designed with home use in mind though. There are many 90s games with much more achievable goals than modern games. Totan is easy as hell.
I hit final battle in Shadow regularly and made it to showdowns with Bob when i had a Junkyard. Never made it to end of the line or battle the beast though. Deeper code these days.

*also, maybe look up the definition of compare and reread my previous post. Im having trouble finding the comparison.

#6817 3 years ago

I’m just happy to get 320 last night after I leveled it correctly we were playing way fast lmao!!! I just started playing pinball in April it’s starting to slow down a bit for me finally .Ill see what damage I can do tonight when home from work been studying rules so I know what to do as game goes on !! This machine rocks!!!!

#6818 3 years ago

An issue popped up on my IM PRO machine yesterday and looking for some guidance. The left flipper, intermittently, is staying energized. I hit the flipper button and the flipper remains up. It isn't getting stuck because of the sleeve or a busted stop. This happens only occasionally. Usually, when I hit the right flipper while the left is locked up, it goes down. Not every time, but most of the time. I have checked the EOS alignment and it seems fine. Any suggestions?

#6819 3 years ago
Quoted from captaindorky:

An issue popped up on my IM PRO machine yesterday and looking for some guidance. The left flipper, intermittently, is staying energized. I hit the flipper button and the flipper remains up. It isn't getting stuck because of the sleeve or a busted stop. This happens only occasionally. Usually, when I hit the right flipper while the left is locked up, it goes down. Not every time, but most of the time. I have checked the EOS alignment and it seems fine. Any suggestions?

I had a very similar issue on an older game and the issue was a broken flipper bushing. May be worth a look.

#6820 3 years ago

I know you said it wasn't, but really sounds like classic broken coil stop. Did you take the stop off the flipper bracked and check by wiggling the post?

#6821 3 years ago

Usually, when I hit the right flipper while the left is locked up, it goes down

That's a sure sign to me that the issue is mechanical and not electrical (as in a shorted coil, etc)

#6822 3 years ago

I did remove the stop. It was fine.

I will take a closer look. I'm thinking possibly the switch stack? I'll check later and add some photos.

#6823 3 years ago

I did remove the stop. It was fine.
I will take a closer look. I'm thinking possibly the switch stack? I'll check later and add some photos.

I have had a few that seemed fine, but I still changed them and the problem went away

#6824 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

The 50 loops EB seems like a mythical beast to me.

I got that EB one time, I was just trying to set a loop champion high score and it happened. I was confused why I had lit extra ball again.

#6825 3 years ago

I was thinking what would make a music pin so much better. Why do the songs we select from have to be the modes. I would love to choose from about 8 songs that are not in the modes. Then the music would sound special for each mode. Not excited to start with aces high only to go to that mode and still hear the same song. I understand it would cost more to do this but the positives would be huge

#6826 3 years ago

Does anyone know when the code update is going to happen? I would love to see the CO-OP mode the new TMNT has.

#6827 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Does anyone know when the code update is going to happen? I would love to see the CO-OP mode the new TMNT has.

That'd be great, but maybe asking too much?

#6828 3 years ago
Quoted from smognote:

I was thinking what would make a music pin so much better. Why do the songs we select from have to be the modes. I would love to choose from about 8 songs that are not in the modes. Then the music would sound special for each mode. Not excited to start with aces high only to go to that mode and still hear the same song. I understand it would cost more to do this but the positives would be huge

Easy to avoid this in 2 ways. Start with Run to the Hills. It is very likely that you won't hear it again in a mode since it is the final wizard mode song. Or if you have a pro, Start with Can I Play with Madness since that mode doesn't exist at all in a pro. That's the song I always start with, personally. I really like it, anyway I've also never been to Number of the Beast, so I've started with that one as well.

#6829 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That'd be great, but maybe asking too much?

One can dream.

#6830 3 years ago

Reporting back in. It was the switch stack. I separated one of the leaves and it stopped holding that left flipper up.

FWIW, I bought some coil stops just in case.

Thanks everyone.

#6831 3 years ago

Love the easy fixes!

#6832 3 years ago

I am thinking of replacing my stock rubbers with Titan rubbers and I am not sure what color to go with. Any suggestions? I was thinking orange but would love some ideas.

#6833 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I am thinking of replacing my stock rubbers with Titan rubbers and I am not sure what color to go with. Any suggestions? I was thinking orange but would love some ideas.

That is what I went with on mine. I'll get a picture when I get home.

#6834 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I couldn't decide either, so I went with clear.

#6835 3 years ago

Pictures of the orange. Just noticed I didn't swap out the slings yet, still have them to do.

IMG_6593 (resized).jpgIMG_6593 (resized).jpgIMG_6594 (resized).jpgIMG_6594 (resized).jpg

#6836 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I did blue. Here is a link to the post I put pictures of them: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/60#post-4686806

#6837 3 years ago

Thanks for the ideas. Never thought about using blue.

#6838 3 years ago

Battled the Beast for the first time with a side of GC.

The beast won, but I'll get him eventually

20200709_203746 (resized).jpg20200709_203746 (resized).jpg
#6839 3 years ago

Congrats and nice work!
Played three straight games over 500M so I'm clearly getting more consistent. I can feel I'm going to blow it up sometime just haven't put the pieces together yet.

#6840 3 years ago

I've checked out this thread and couldn't find any inputs regarding this.

Did anyone of you sirs modded your pins with the funko pop figurines?

I've just purchased the "piece of mind" one, planning to attach it to my pro.
Also: there are special edition CDs that come with figures (not to expensive), I wanted to replace the cyber eddie from the right ramp but it's too small, I will put it somewhere.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NN3R1DJ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_0LfcFbZX1B19J

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TTD3WR9/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_iNfcFbN60P7XX

apizktdbq__49400.1575325914 (resized).jpgapizktdbq__49400.1575325914 (resized).jpgfun47787-iron-maiden-eddie-glow-in-the-dark-pop-vinyl-figure-4-pack-popcultcha-01.1588304469 (resized).pngfun47787-iron-maiden-eddie-glow-in-the-dark-pop-vinyl-figure-4-pack-popcultcha-01.1588304469 (resized).png
#6841 3 years ago

Get the EB on ball 1, feeling good.
Completes HBTN. Soul shard blinking, saying "hey buddy, get some"
Brick, wild ball! Flailfest ensues
Shardless, survives
Still rocking ball 1, completes FOD
Soul shard is like "let's give this another go!"
Brick
Tilt

The game predictably continued the abuse from there

Leaving soul shards on the table is absolutely brutal. 2 in one ball? Oof. Right in the nards.

#6842 3 years ago

I just got to Cyborg on Ball 1. One extra ball. Game ended with 330M. What a let down!

#6843 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I just got to Cyborg on Ball 1. One extra ball. Game ended with 330M. What a let down!

I hate when balls 2 and 3 let me down.

#6844 3 years ago

I think it's impossible for me to have more than one good ball in a game. As soon as I have one, the pressure mounts, and I predictably cake my pants.

#6845 3 years ago

Funny, checking here gave me itch to go play one. GC by a long shot. But only 2 cards and 4 tomb treasures. I was just about to qualify 2MTM when I had STDM on missed right ramp.

IMG_20200710_202207 (resized).jpgIMG_20200710_202207 (resized).jpg
#6846 3 years ago

I just noticed that my orb target on my Pro appears to be leaning to the left, making it slightly harder to hit. I assume it's been forced that way slowly over time after repeated hits. This is my first pin, so I'm pretty inexperienced even with minor adjustments. Any suggestions on how to fix this so it is more centered?

IMG_1417 (resized).jpgIMG_1417 (resized).jpg
#6847 3 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

I just noticed that my orb target on my Pro appears to be leaning to the left, making it slightly harder to hit. I assume it's been forced that way slowly over time after repeated hits. This is my first pin, so I'm pretty inexperienced even with minor adjustments. Any suggestions on how to fix this so it is more centered?
[quoted image]

Mezel mods sells what they call a target splint, it braces the target so it cant lean.
Very cheap and quick install.

#6848 3 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

[quoted image]

grab it and pull it back, or put a flathead screwdriver shaft on that post to the left and on the left side of the target and use that for leverage to force it back over.

There is a modified version of the target bracket you can install that prevents leaning. Pinball Life has it:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

#6849 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

grab it and pull it back, or put a flathead screwdriver shaft on that post to the left and on the left side of the target and use that for leverage to force it back over.
There is a modified version of the target bracket you can install that prevents leaning. Pinball Life has it:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

I bought this bracket, but came to find out that my Maiden Pro already had the same bracket installed from the factory. I ended up just switching out the piece that goes through the pf because the new one was straighter.

The replacement is slowly bending too, but I've restraightened the original to swap when needed.

#6850 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

I bought this bracket, but came to find out that my Maiden Pro already had the same bracket installed from the factory. I ended up just switching out the piece that goes through the pf because the new one was straighter.
The replacement is slowly bending too, but I've restraightened the original to swap when needed.

It's a fairly recent part, but not sure when Stern started adding these. I don't think all the Maiden runs have them, but not 100% sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Trade
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,809 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/137 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.