(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 317.
#6751 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Unfortunately I don't have a Pre/Le so I don't have that specific part to investigate more. I would actuate things by hand and see if it's binding anywhere, after that check all wires are still connected and plugs are secure.

I checked the wire harness connections last night all seemed fine .That contact is not engaging to allow ramp to close so it’s wiring .I’ll look a little deeper into it tonight when home .All mechanical parts were tight nothing loose .Thank you the one thing I lack is time it’s my own doing I have 2 spots to fill on pin row taking all the side gigs I can get .

#6752 3 years ago

Lifting the ramp with plunger I felt some binding at full stroke. The ramp release coil has a set engage/disengage timer and I think any hesitation of the ramp dropping it's going to catch at the circle washer part. I put some WL grease on the ramp plunger and some where the lock and circle washer meet. There is a post with pics on this very issue. I think if the release coil would engage a bit longer it wouldn't be an issue.

#6753 3 years ago
Quoted from JHS71:

Lifting the ramp with plunger I felt some binding at full stroke. The ramp lock coil has a set engage/disengage timer and I think any hesitation of the ramp dropping it's going to catch at the circle washer part. I put some WL grease on the ramp plunger and some where the lock and circle washer meet. There is a post with pics on this very issue. I think if lock coil would engage a bit longer it wouldn't be an issue.

Thank you much appreciated .

#6754 3 years ago
Quoted from JHS71:

Lifting the ramp with plunger I felt some binding at full stroke. The ramp lock coil has a set engage/disengage timer and I think any hesitation of the ramp dropping it's going to catch at the circle washer part. I put some WL grease on the ramp plunger and some where the lock and circle washer meet. There is a post with pics on this very issue. I think if lock coil would engage a bit longer it wouldn't be an issue.

That makes sense cause when I pushed on ramp it had a lil resistance .

#6755 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

...and Doug’s customer service is second to none!
I was looking for something very specific and Doug spent the time discussing my options with me and ultimately found what I wanted.
I placed another order yesterday.

Awaiting my speakerlights kit from Doug to appear. Think it is hanging in customs. No worries though. My Iron Maiden is gonna be ordered in 2 weeks so it should be here before i get the machine. They will be installed before i start my first match when i set it up. Gonna enjoy the hell out of this machine.

#6756 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Unfortunately I don't have a Pre/Le so I don't have that specific part to investigate more. I would actuate things by hand and see if it's binding anywhere, after that check all wires are still connected and plugs are secure.

I’m getting at it now I ran coil test but not sure what this means .Return 3 power 1

396E69B3-FC92-4663-9AEA-556BE9F09F06 (resized).jpeg396E69B3-FC92-4663-9AEA-556BE9F09F06 (resized).jpeg
#6757 3 years ago

sk8ball how close are we to the mythical rumored code update!? really looking forward to it!

#6758 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m getting at it now I ran coil test but not sure what this means .Return 3 power 1
[quoted image]

Connector CN7. Pin 3 is return. Pin 1 is power.

These holdover screens from the DMD days are super ugly and often inscrutable. They need to re-do all of them to take advantage of the nice big screen Spike2 has now.

#6759 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

These holdover screens from the DMD days are super ugly and often inscrutable. They need to re-do all of them to take advantage of the nice big screen Spike2 has now.

Is that CN7 a wire harness ?

#6760 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Hey man take out the 3 screws in the ramp and check to see if the metal piece (it's called a pivot plate) that holds the ramp is broken. This just happened to me and I had a broken pivot plate and had to order a new one and replace it.

Also, there is a thread for IMDN problems...https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues

#6761 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I’m sorr if being a PIA but that part where my finger is real loose but the screw behind it all is tightened .

2668F342-CF59-45F5-991B-732B3A3E6926 (resized).jpeg2668F342-CF59-45F5-991B-732B3A3E6926 (resized).jpeg
#6762 3 years ago

I took the yellow brown harness off for now

#6763 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m sorr if being a PIA but that part where my finger is real loose but the screw behind it all is tightened .
[quoted image]

The coil is a little loose because it's suspended between two points. Are you saying that's what's loose?

#6764 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

CN means connector. So it's connector 7 on Node Board 9 that goes to that coil.

Does the coil actually work in the coil test?

#6765 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

CN means connector. So it's connector 7 on Node Board 9 that goes to that coil.
Does the coil actually work in the coil test?

Yeah that’s what’s loose all the rest I checked are snug ...no ramp does not go down in test ...I thought it was the contact on side not being engaged in these pics ...it opens then I think that coil doesn’t engage n let it back up to lower ramp if I’m making any sense lmso

6561D344-5702-47C9-8BFC-0F3EE8B10313 (resized).jpeg6561D344-5702-47C9-8BFC-0F3EE8B10313 (resized).jpeg37CA77D4-2BAD-47A4-8E1C-D43C5E2A20F2 (resized).jpeg37CA77D4-2BAD-47A4-8E1C-D43C5E2A20F2 (resized).jpeg
#6766 3 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

Hey man take out the 3 screws in the ramp and check to see if the metal piece (it's called a pivot plate) that holds the ramp is broken. This just happened to me and I had a broken pivot plate and had to order a new one and replace it.
Also, there is a thread for IMDN problems...https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues

Thank you I will but if I push with my finger it will go down when on ...I have it off now but I will check that in a bit

#6767 3 years ago

It just seems this plate where my finger is at is not engaging to let ramp down ..please excuse I’m a noob trying lmao the will is there the brains not so much yet .

23F6C642-7BB7-4BB4-9018-54B10B9EE32A (resized).jpeg23F6C642-7BB7-4BB4-9018-54B10B9EE32A (resized).jpeg
#6768 3 years ago

In test scroll a few more over to (up/down ramp release)

#6769 3 years ago
Quoted from JHS71:

In test scroll a few more over to (up/down ramp release)

Thanks I’ll try

#6770 3 years ago

Did ramp release it’s engaging

#6771 3 years ago

This is where it seems problem is the ramp coil and plate are spinning freely but I don’t see how to tighten it ...every single other one is snug

BF30621B-CFBE-46EE-9940-BE745D4BAE8F (resized).jpegBF30621B-CFBE-46EE-9940-BE745D4BAE8F (resized).jpeg
#6772 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

It just seems this plate where my finger is at is not engaging to let ramp down ..please excuse I’m a noob trying lmao the will is there the brains not so much yet .
[quoted image]

That little stubby coil is the one that releases the ramp to come down again.

Ramp release is test 20. Node board 9, CN8, pins 9 and 7.

The one with the yellow and gray wire is the ramp raise coil.

Check the left pop bumper, right pop bumper, right up post, left up post, and tomb lock gate. Do all those work?

It sounds like your ramp flap is just binding. They tend to shift and get caught on the guides. Take a good picture of your ramp in the up and down position and post.

#6773 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That little stubby coil is the one that releases the ramp to come down again.
Ramp release is test 20. Node board 9, CN8, pins 9 and 7.
The one with the yellow and gray wire is the ramp raise coil.
Check the left pop bumper, right pop bumper, right up post, left up post, and tomb lock gate. Do all those work?
It sounds like your ramp flap is just binding. They tend to shift and get caught on the guides. Take a good picture of your ramp in the up and down position and post.

I will I took apart underneath I’ll put back together

#6774 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I will I took apart underneath I’ll put back together

General rule of pinball is the same as medicine: First do no harm.

Measure twice and cut once also applies. Fun fact: The chain saw started as a 18th century device to cut open a woman's pelvis for childbirth. Without anesthesia.

I wouldn't have taken anything apart until there was a diagnostic outcome to support what you were going for. It's not even clear (at least on here) where your core problem is yet.

#6775 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

General rule of pinball is the same as medicine: First do no harm.
Measure twice and cut once also applies. Fun fact: The chain saw started as a 18th century device to cut open a woman's pelvis for childbirth. Without anesthesia.
I wouldn't have taken anything apart until there was a diagnostic outcome to support what you were going for. It's not even clear (at least on here) where your core problem is yet.

Lmfao that’s great !!!! I disconnected the 3 wire harnesses then pulled the 4 screws for the whole mechanism underneath ....didn’t do much of anything but when I put back together and ran those 2 tests it’s working now ...the only thing I can think of is the ramp seems centered now I think it was hung up to right side before I took it apart .Thanks to all for your help I greatly appreciate it .Time to get it on !!!!

#6776 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Lmfao that’s great !!!! I disconnected the 3 wire harnesses then pulled the 4 screws for the whole mechanism underneath ....didn’t do much of anything but when I put back together and ran those 2 tests it’s working now ...the only thing I can think of is the ramp seems centered now I think it was hung up to right side before I took it apart .Thanks to all for your help I greatly appreciate it .Time to get it on !!!!

It's not uncommon for those ramps to shift and then bind. Sounds like what may have happened to yours. At least you're back in business!

#6777 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's not uncommon for those ramps to shift and then bind. Sounds like what may have happened to yours. At least you're back in business!

My 2 young (11 12) boys send they’re thanks also !!! I’m doing my best to keep this great sport alive!!!!

#6778 3 years ago

The next generation I mean .

#6779 3 years ago

There was so much activity I thought for sure the code update dropped...

#6780 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

There was so much activity I thought for sure the code update dropped...

Lmfao no just the newbie!

#6781 3 years ago

Just a follow up I shut it down ,then noticed to right of ramp at bottom of post there’s a nut .I turned it a lil so point wasn’t near ramp so that the straight edge was ...Looks close enough to get caught up ,a guy earlier said if feels slightest resistance will hold it up ...hopefully this will cure future issues it made sense to do that .Ill take pic tomro time for bed .

#6782 3 years ago

Just had a killer ball 1. Will see what the rest of the game has in store for me

D23664DC-5867-4518-8B2B-921ED947F1E0.jpegD23664DC-5867-4518-8B2B-921ED947F1E0.jpeg
#6783 3 years ago

Pingraffixs shooter rod

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#6784 3 years ago

Up the irons! Maiden in the final four.

78AB0E93-2770-4964-8F4A-D594A7AB70DE (resized).jpeg78AB0E93-2770-4964-8F4A-D594A7AB70DE (resized).jpeg
#6785 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Up the irons! Maiden in the final four.
[quoted image]

Wow, Jurassic Park and Deadpool got stuck in tough brackets. They should be higher.

#6786 3 years ago

I didn't get every bracket right, but I picked Maiden vs Metallica for the final. JP people seem to be pretty butt-hurt over Metallica winning. I haven't played JP yet, but it's hard to compare a brand new game to a game that has held up well for years. I hope it's really as good as people say. AC/DC and LOTR aren't even close in my opinion. I give a slight edge to Maiden.

#6787 3 years ago

I'd go Maiden out of that group. I only have MET and IMDN Pros right now - IMDN is superior IMO.

#6788 3 years ago

IMDN smokes MET by a long long shot IMO. But, I also owned Deadpool and ACDC which Maiden is up against and I’d pick Deadpool in an instant over the 3. ACDC vs IMDN is too close to call; I’d probably give ACDC a slight edge tonight, and IMDN tomorrow lol, can I do that?

#6789 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Pingraffixs shooter rod [quoted image]

His lip supposed to be that way? Looks like it’s chipped? Sorry don’t mean to be a Debbie downer...

Also, maiden vs Metallica final round

#6790 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

His lip supposed to be that way? Looks like it’s chipped? Sorry don’t mean to be a Debbie downer...
Also, maiden vs Metallica final round

#6791 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I didn't get every bracket right, but I picked Maiden vs Metallica for the final. JP people seem to be pretty butt-hurt over Metallica winning. I haven't played JP yet, but it's hard to compare a brand new game to a game that has held up well for years. I hope it's really as good as people say. AC/DC and LOTR aren't even close in my opinion. I give a slight edge to Maiden.

The Poll for Met Vs JP was shared to a massive facebook Metallica fan page. Non pinball people voted for MET and have never even seen or played the game.

#6792 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

The Poll for Met Vs JP was shared to a massive facebook Metallica fan page. Non pinball people voted for MET and have never even seen or played the game.

It should have had random questions about the game to enter.

#6793 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It should have had random questions about the game to enter.

That’ll stop em.

#6794 3 years ago

Well i finally pulled the trigger. Order my NIB Iron Maiden Premium. Gonna pick it up in Germany at Pinball Universe next week. No risks taken. Playfield protecter installed straight out of the box. Guess i am the newest member of this fine establishment.

#6795 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Well i finally pulled the trigger. Order my NIB Iron Maiden Premium. Gonna pick it up in Germany at Pinball Universe next week. No risks taken. Playfield protecter installed straight out of the box. Guess i am the newest member of this fine establishment.

Welcome!!! Your in for a real treat !!

#6796 3 years ago

Now that I have maiden and Metallica in my line up. The only other band that I want that has a chance to be made is Ozzy crazy train over the mountain shot in the dark. So many tunes

#6797 3 years ago

Story of my Life....

Amazing ball one, three cards and five modes complete.

Decent rest of the game, but still never battled the beast.

Grrrrrr

IMG_20200704_094043 (resized).jpgIMG_20200704_094043 (resized).jpgIMG_20200704_094054 (resized).jpgIMG_20200704_094054 (resized).jpgIMG_20200704_094634 (resized).jpgIMG_20200704_094634 (resized).jpg

#6798 3 years ago

Preach on. My top is around 680M, finished with three cards a fair number of times, but never more. My barrier is never yet getting EB#2 as fifth tomb treasure. Got 4 tomb treasures handful of times. Mode completion is not yet reliable enough. And several times in an otherwise promising run, I bricked the soul shard target shot. Grr

#6799 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Preach on. My top is around 680M, finished with three cards a fair number of times, but never more. My barrier is never yet getting EB#2 as fifth tomb treasure. Got 4 tomb treasures handful of times. Mode completion is not yet reliable enough. And several times in an otherwise promising run, I bricked the soul shard target shot. Grr

Before the last update my gc was 1.8bil, still no beast.

#6800 3 years ago

The 50 loops EB seems like a mythical beast to me. I guess timing out the loop jps would help, but that's seems equally crazy. Gotta cash those in. The struggle is real.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/136?hl=meri-cah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.