(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,775 posts
  • 1,049 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Sorokyl
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
Ironmaidenshipped (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_182738510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_165233504 (resized).jpg
20240407_164052@4 (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4950 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4947 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 316.
#6701 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Maiden! Still unsure if this is a long term keeper or not as the theme just doesn't resonate with me ...

Apparently not (for you anyway). Was it the green powdercoat that tilted the scales?

Good luck with your sale!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/97777

#6702 3 years ago

Depends which sells first maiden or Alice wasn’t expecting turtles LE to go on the line so soon!

#6703 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

Maiden feels way easy compared to JP! No doubt.

As always, dependent on setup. My maiden is maximum angle and waxed. It is the destroyer in my collection, far more than my cranked up IM.

#6704 3 years ago

Finally picked my Maiden today (great deal at $4750, and it looks like new)! I also got a chance to try stranger things premium (the pin i originally intended to buy, in pro form). All I can say is that as i was playing stranger things, all i kept thinking was "damn, id rather be playing Maiden". Stranger was so slow and boring, I just could never get into it! And i did thd upside down, multiball and even killed the demogorgon! And yet, that boring repetitive song and slow gameplay coukd not win me! But Maiden, oh Maiden, i want to marry my maiden!

#6705 3 years ago

Greetings

IMDN Pro owner since Feb. No need to opine about how great this game is to this crowd. About 1k games logged, top score 615M and I can now routinely score 250M-500M. But I'm struggling to find a good opening strategy to get to next level. Things I've tried:
1) shoot middle for first two modes
2) shoot revive until lit (super satisfying to rip squarely enough on first shot to light, but too unreliable given my suck factor)
3) shoot captive ball and drops to attempt early mode stacks (solid theory but also low reliability...can't count how often I have everything set and then brick the mode-starting pharoah shot into the captive ball to start mummy without mode stack)

Seeking input on other good openers.
Thanks as always to such a supportive community.

#6706 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Greetings
IMDN Pro owner since Feb. No need to opine about how great this game is to this crowd. About 1k games logged, top score 615M and I can now routinely score 250M-500M. But I'm struggling to find a good opening strategy to get to next level. Things I've tried:
1) shoot middle for first two modes
2) shoot revive until lit (super satisfying to rip squarely enough on first shot to light, but too unreliable given my suck factor)
3) shoot captive ball and drops to attempt early mode stacks (solid theory but also low reliability...can't count how often I have everything set and then brick the mode-starting pharoah shot into the captive ball to start mummy without mode stack)
Seeking input on other good openers.
Thanks as always to such a supportive community.

My first flip with the left flipper is typically always going for sweeping the drops to light locks. Then, depending on what mode is lit - I’ll lock 2 balls, start a mode, start trooper.

On the flip side, as i setup a mode + mb stack; I start getting mummy mb ready As well. Fear of the Dark has good synergy with mummy, So sometimes I’ll push for a mummy mb before troooper mb depending on what mode is ready.

#6707 3 years ago

You guys are missing the fastest way to get big points. Get at least 2x going and rip loop jackpots. I've earned over 400 million in just one session of jackpots. I've also earned over a billion in loop related points in a single game. Plus you'll earn an extra ball after 50.

Trooper mb is shit points, even with a multiplier. Use the multi balls to score more loops instead of going for jackpots.

You can also tie in modes that benefit from loops, like fear of the dark and rhyme.

#6708 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

you'll earn an extra ball after 50.

Lol. Ok Keith.
Still haven't got my loops past about 30.

#6709 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Lol. Ok Keith.
Still haven't got my loops past about 30.

yeah, I think my loop champion is like 35

#6710 3 years ago

Thanks. I like the sweep idea for first left flip. Loops are enticing but, like FOI, is essentially a guaranteed drain for me eventually. Though I haven't played many games where I focused on loops so maybe I'll try. Agree trooper MB is not great points without PFx. The most useful aspect of a good trooper is completing power features. I try to treat trooper like a mode where the goal is to get an extra ball and it often works. I also like running trooper with HBTN because that usually results in a quick completion of the mode and a soul shard.

Maybe my first strategy should be to suck less and miss fewer shots. I suspect almost half of my total drains result from bricked right ramp shot. It's bizarre to me looking at the layout that somehow the left ramp is easier for me to shoot reliably.

#6711 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My first flip with the left flipper is typically always going for sweeping the drops to light locks. Then, depending on what mode is lit - I’ll lock 2 balls, start a mode, start trooper.
On the flip side, as i setup a mode + mb stack; I start getting mummy mb ready As well. Fear of the Dark has good synergy with mummy, So sometimes I’ll push for a mummy mb before troooper mb depending on what mode is ready.

I typically start by concentrating on the ramps until the ball save expires. The ramps can get a little tedious and this allows me to pick off the ramps AND qualify a mode. Where I go from there depends on the mode I qualified. If it's one of the multiballs, you can work on a lot of things in AH or ROTAM, except qualifying the locks, and builds your progress towards Cyborg.

If it's one of the non-multiball modes, I'll qualify my locks (which one depends on where I am in regards to progress from just shooting around), start the mode and then bring whichever multiball I qualified in.

#6712 3 years ago

Wonder what the 'surprise' is in the new code update regarding death blows

#6713 3 years ago

I’d like to see better progress indicators in new code. Show my EDDIE status all the time please. Where am I in the mode and what do I still need to do? I wouldn’t mind if they settled on one name for the main target in Pro version either. Is it the sacophagus? Pharaoh’s tomb? The cannon? What? Just call it the ramp target for all I care, and the tell what it does. “Shoot the ramp target to fire the cannon, open the tomb...”. whatever it is would be fine. I could also live with a prominent indicator on the lcd of what shot to hit when there’s a callout telling me to collect some bonus. I think these things might help me score better and for sure would make it more accessible for casual players. Not complaining. It’s an awesome game. Just some things I think of after a few months and a few hundred plays.

#6714 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

I’d like to see better progress indicators in new code. Show my EDDIE status all the time please. Where am I in the mode and what do I still need to do? I wouldn’t mind if they settled on one name for the main target in Pro version either. Is it the sacophagus? Pharaoh’s tomb? The cannon? What? Just call it the ramp target for all I care, and the tell what it does. “Shoot the ramp target to fire the cannon, open the tomb...”. whatever it is would be fine. I could also live with a prominent indicator on the lcd of what shot to hit when there’s a callout telling me to collect some bonus. I think these things might help me score better and for sure would make it more accessible for casual players. Not complaining. It’s an awesome game. Just some things I think of after a few months and a few hundred plays.

I like firing the cannon, shoo(t)ing the bird and climbing over the wall. It is never referred to as the sarcophagus. That's the mummy captive ball. Pretty sure when its referred to as the tomb its only when it says to hit the target to collect Pharoah tomb treasure.
I agree id like to see a more present power feature count and Eddie collection but i see no need to mess with the centre ramp callouts. The callouts are only confusing if you dont bother to look at the brightly lit, color coded arrows showing you where to shoot.

#6715 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

It is never referred to as the sarcophagus.

Thanks for that. Shows how lost I still am! Lol.

The callout to shoot the sarcophagus lock seems like a vestige of versions that actually have the mech. Other times it says spell mummy, or shoot the captive ball. I think I could live with just the latter in pro code. “Shoot the captive ball to spell mummy, open pharaoh’s tomb...” whatever. Just my opinion.

#6716 3 years ago

Joining the party bringing her home In the AM!!!! Yeah buddy’s I’m so happy!!!!!!!

05AB8103-2BAF-4D9C-BFB2-EA2BF740822B (resized).jpeg05AB8103-2BAF-4D9C-BFB2-EA2BF740822B (resized).jpeg0C1447F8-8E03-403D-91D9-08AE13D445A3 (resized).png0C1447F8-8E03-403D-91D9-08AE13D445A3 (resized).png99064CFF-AA8B-41F5-8B91-02EAD47A949E (resized).png99064CFF-AA8B-41F5-8B91-02EAD47A949E (resized).pngD0ED170A-AE71-476E-B081-B2AB62F0F8AB (resized).jpegD0ED170A-AE71-476E-B081-B2AB62F0F8AB (resized).jpegEB0E42BE-463B-4C54-8697-20B01845C00F (resized).pngEB0E42BE-463B-4C54-8697-20B01845C00F (resized).png
#6717 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wonder what the 'surprise' is in the new code update regarding death blows

Hoping its the implementation of a second ball lock in the Mummy for premiums/LE! You can see in the below drawings on the left that at some stage in development they were looking at it. Not sure if the switches installed support this though..
ball lock (resized).jpgball lock (resized).jpg

#6718 3 years ago

I do miss the underworld and the lock mech, but am definitely enjoying an always working orb shot. Everybody that plays my pins agree IMDN is the best.

#6719 3 years ago
Quoted from Flex_in_Aus:

Hoping its the implementation of a second ball lock in the Mummy for premiums/LE! You can see in the below drawings on the left that at some stage in development they were looking at it. Not sure if the switches installed support this though..
[quoted image]

From my recollection when I had to replace the cruddy switches on my LE soon after taking possession of it there are only two switches on the mummy lock, one at the front and one at the back. So no way to detect a second ball stored behind the first one unless they could "derive" it from it passing over the back switch. Seems like an unlikely change a this point though.

#6720 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

From my recollection when I had to replace the cruddy switches on my LE soon after taking possession of it there are only two switches on the mummy lock, one at the front and one at the back. So no way to detect a second ball stored behind the first one unless they could "derive" it from it passing over the back switch. Seems like an unlikely change a this point though.

This is how EHOH deals with Trunk Multiball. It's triggered by the left opto on the ramp or the opto beneath the trunk if it sneaks in from the playfield.

#6721 3 years ago

Just brought her home my 12 year old got it in house with me now I have to stare at it until a friend gets home I have a winding staircase no need to push it now !!!!Officialy a member !!!! Feels like Christmas

091A688C-3CEC-4FE4-9A71-DEEC93B56953 (resized).jpeg091A688C-3CEC-4FE4-9A71-DEEC93B56953 (resized).jpegAD98AF9E-B7D2-4434-8089-6BEA5CA41593 (resized).jpegAD98AF9E-B7D2-4434-8089-6BEA5CA41593 (resized).jpeg
#6722 3 years ago

Joined the club \m/

20200625_202643 (resized).jpg20200625_202643 (resized).jpg
#6723 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Joined the club \m/[quoted image]

I put that up on 1 ball. . Did you give up JP for this, or just add another game to the wife’s home office, lol?

Edit - JP is to the right

#6724 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I put that up on 1 ball. . Did you give up JP for this, or just add another game to the wife’s home office, lol?
Edit - JP is to the right

Future all Elwin collection here I come!

Score isn't great but that was already set from when it was at the Railroad. Now that's it's home I'm going to give it the business. 1b+ coming soon.

#6725 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Future all Elwin collection here I come!
Score isn't great but that was already set from when it was at the Railroad. Now that's it's home I'm going to give it the business. 1b+ coming soon.

2 years later, I’m still trying to defeat the Beast. Heck, I’ve only got to battle him once and that was about a month ago. Still our most played game. Approaching 3000 plays.

#6726 3 years ago

Premium arrived yesterday, not setup yet.

I’d love to know how far off the next code release is!

#6727 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Premium arrived yesterday, not setup yet.is!

Welcome to the club!

Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I’d love to know how far off the next code release is!

Welcome to the club!

#6728 3 years ago

Hit 2M2M for the first time today. I assumed it was going to be a multiball, but still cool seeing something new after a year and a half of owning it.

#6729 3 years ago

Anyone looking to sell? Open to pro or premium.

2-3 miles drive from DC ideal but might travel further for the right deal.

#6730 3 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:Anyone looking to sell? Open to pro or premium.

Nothing says "road trip" like a good 2-3 mile drive.

#6731 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Pfft, just take your dolly with you and walk it

#6732 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

The battery doesn’t last long when you’re hauling.

2FE7C645-21E2-4621-AE54-31879D9361C8 (resized).png2FE7C645-21E2-4621-AE54-31879D9361C8 (resized).png
#6733 3 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Driving a powerwheels? They do have a limited battery life.
Good luck finding almost ANY pin in that search radius.
My distributor is an hr drive away. I drove 500k for a High Speed and about 1000k for a Donkey Kong. Maiden is worth a whole day of driving imo. You clearly dont want one that badly lol

#6734 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Maiden is worth a whole day of driving

I drove up hill both ways to get mine!

#6735 3 years ago

Any idea when this machine will stop being produced? I’m getting TMNT in the next few weeks and will then likely get a Deadpool by the end of the year, with IMDN next year.

However, that order might change if there’s a chance of IMDN being vaulted in the near future.

#6736 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Any idea when this machine will stop being produced? IMDN being vaulted in the near future.

I dont see them stopping Maiden runs for another year at least. If you are hloding out for a vault of a game still in production yiu might want to check out the tron or lotr vault rumour threads. Stern doesnt vault what the publics demands. They vault what is convenient

#6737 3 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Now that you guys have had some fun with my simple mistake, any grown ups in the group that are looking to sell a pro or premium 2-3 hour DRIVE from DC.

#6738 3 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Now that you guys have had some fun with my simple mistake, any grown ups in the group that are looking to sell a pro or premium 2-3 hour DRIVE from DC.

Nothing says "grown up road trip" like a 2-3 hour DRIVE.

#6739 3 years ago

I can’t believe how fun this pin is!! It’s only my second just started hobby in April .Been working a lot I want 2-3 more .Was thinking about pin woofer was wondering what you thought and what package to get .The guy I bought from installed 2 comet spots on slings for mid playfield and mode lens I won’t touch lighting at all it’s perfect to me. I’ve been taking my boys to a pincade in Ft Wayne IN they have 90 pins there we’ve been really hitting them all and from what I’ve played nothing is close to this!!!Thanks n as always “up there irons”!!!

A8F6F7F6-5273-46D1-BD23-44C4CEE35C0F (resized).jpegA8F6F7F6-5273-46D1-BD23-44C4CEE35C0F (resized).jpeg
#6740 3 years ago

Can anyone let me know how to reset the high scores the prev owner has some unacievable scores for us as of now .Not being lazy .I just don’t have time to dive in manual I literally get a couple hours every evening To myself and you know damn well how I’m spending them lmao.

#6742 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Can anyone let me know how to reset the high scores the prev owner has some unacievable scores for us as of now .Not being lazy .I just don’t have time to dive in manual I literally get a couple hours every evening To myself and you know damn well how I’m spending them lmao.

Service menu. There’s one called Resets.

#6743 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Service menu. There’s one called Resets.

Thanks buddy !! Right now I’m in play mode when home .Cant complain about working so much as it has paid for my first 2.I’m highly motivated for my new hobby !! I’ll chill out when I have 4 lmao

#6744 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks buddy !! Right now I’m in play mode when home .Cant complain about working so much as it has paid for my first 2.I’m highly motivated for my new hobby !! I’ll chill out when I have 4 lmao

WOZ and IMDN are 2 extremely sweet pins for a 2 pin lineup! I’m working dad and husband; while we don’t always have time to play our games, it’s comforting to know they are in the house, ready to be played at a moment’s notice. Cheers

#6745 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

WOZ and IMDN are 2 extremely sweet pins for a 2 pin lineup! I’m working dad and husband; while we don’t always have time to play our games, it’s comforting to know they are in the house, ready to be played at a moment’s notice. Cheers

Agree 100 percent! I have the same pins! Started with Star Wars which was an uneducated impulse buy but moved on to MMRLE, IMDN and WOZ in a very short timeframe.

#6746 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks .We’re enjoying the shit outta these .Boys want FG n DP as they’re picks .WOZ was the wife.Can anyone help me I was in the middle of a full blown acid trip when ramp got stuck in the up position (also knocked comet light on sling out of socket it was spinning like a top all over the playfield then settled in out lane )I quickly took off glass,grabbed ball and tried to fix ,game ended on first ball while I tried to check connections, n I don’t care it was soooooo much fun !!!! Is there something I’m missing or do I just order coil(I think that’s a coil).thabks for the help

78F90028-1FD2-4924-BEF2-434B2C29D291 (resized).jpeg78F90028-1FD2-4924-BEF2-434B2C29D291 (resized).jpegE60F9A40-04A0-44FA-8D71-F8ADCD0D9B96 (resized).jpegE60F9A40-04A0-44FA-8D71-F8ADCD0D9B96 (resized).jpegF2DF1265-3738-4ADD-A47D-4ABB75861685 (resized).jpegF2DF1265-3738-4ADD-A47D-4ABB75861685 (resized).jpeg
#6747 3 years ago

Would this be the part I need ? I’d appreciate any help thanks !

E480E4BC-A298-40DC-84D8-AFA10CC8F4DD (resized).pngE480E4BC-A298-40DC-84D8-AFA10CC8F4DD (resized).png
#6748 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Would this be the part I need ? I’d appreciate any help thanks !
[quoted image]

The coil is rarely the issue, they don't go bad that often. It's more likely something mechanical or a broken wire.

#6749 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

The coil is rarely the issue, they don't go bad that often. It's more likely something mechanical or a broken wire.

Thanks I’ll have to dive in more tonight before I order that .

#6750 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks I’ll have to dive in more tonight before I order that .

Unfortunately I don't have a Pre/Le so I don't have that specific part to investigate more. I would actuate things by hand and see if it's binding anywhere, after that check all wires are still connected and plugs are secure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/135 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.