(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,800 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Edster
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 316.
#6651 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

I'm not expecting it, as I know it would be a ton of extra work, but holy cow would it be cool if the code update included the co-op options TMNT2 has

i guess it depends if they're putting co-op and other stuff into the base OS or just TMNT's game code. If it’s the OS then any subsequent updates to IMDN might inherit that feature by proxy. I'd err on the side of caution though - i really don't think it's likely. Maybe for Jurassic Park, once you've finished paying off your topper, but less so for Maiden

#6652 3 years ago

Cthomas that orange powder coat looks nice. Good choice.

#6653 3 years ago

A crazy game. Love playing it!

564a0b9c88f8b3020284fb51abedc113f6edf91d (resized).jpg564a0b9c88f8b3020284fb51abedc113f6edf91d (resized).jpg

#6654 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

I'm not expecting it, as I know it would be a ton of extra work, but holy cow would it be cool if the code update included the co-op options TMNT2 has

The code update is so far behind when we were expecting it I'm just hoping it will happen. KME seems to have moved on.

#6655 3 years ago

re: jackpot newton ball fix.

this weekend I did the loctite fix. It didn't really help. I did discover the issue, and I'm not sure if everyone's newton ball is like this, or just mine.

As you spin the newton ball (which also spins the actuator), the actuator changes position so drastically that sometimes it's centered on the spoon, and sometimes it's not even IN the spoon. so at the moment my jackpot orb is mostly working. However, as pinballs hit the newton ball and slowly change it's position, it will stop working again.

Is this common to every IM? or was this a manufacturing defect on my specific newton ball?

#6656 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

The code update is so far behind when we were expecting it I'm just hoping it will happen. KME seems to have moved on.

In Keith we trust!

#6657 3 years ago

Thanks for the follow up. There is so much game play tied to it I don't see how you can have a good game without it functioning.

#6658 3 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

this weekend I did the loctite fix. It didn't really help. I did discover the issue, and I'm not sure if everyone's newton ball is like this, or just mine.
As you spin the newton ball (which also spins the actuator), the actuator changes position so drastically that sometimes it's centered on the spoon, and sometimes it's not even IN the spoon. so at the moment my jackpot orb is mostly working. However, as pinballs hit the newton ball and slowly change it's position, it will stop working again.
Is this common to every IM? or was this a manufacturing defect on my specific newton ball?

This happens on mine as well, have to twist it into a good position every now and then, happens more on the orb than on sarcophagus for me

#6659 3 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

One of the main components for the mech can be poorly machined, see post # 3333 in this thread.

Screenshot_20200609-082905_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200609-082905_Chrome (resized).jpg
#6660 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

One of the main components for the mech can be poorly machined, see post # 3333 in this thread. [quoted image]

Thanks for the info!

#6661 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

A crazy game. Love playing it!
[quoted image]

What is going on in your speaker grills? Is that a light mod, or just custom speakers? Links on where to get whatever that is?
THANKS

#6662 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

What is going on in your speaker grills? Is that a light mod, or just custom speakers? Links on where to get whatever that is?
THANKS

Those are the Deluxe 5.25" Spike 2 speaker lights from Speaker Light Kits:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-13.html

Very cool! The colors and patterns change. Here's one of a number of videos (not mine) on Youtube that shows them in action.

#6663 3 years ago

Thanks. They look really cool just plain red like in your picture.

#6664 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Thanks. They look really cool just plain red like in your picture.

7 static colors, 351 various flash, fade and chase light patterns. Adjustable brightness. Adjustable speed on the light transition patterns. Auto switching functionality through the entire list of 358 light / light transition patterns or to auto scroll through your favorite 8 patterns that you can select and save to your custom DIY list.........and selecting just plain red is an option also.

The lower cost 5.25" speaker plates that I am selling make this type of Speaker Light Kit / speaker upgrade (speakers sold separately...and not sold by me) in a Pro or Premium game a much more affordable option than it was previously.

Doug - (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#6665 3 years ago

Wish,...update with new song Only the good die young. Or not, Pin bolted.

#6666 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

7 static colors, 351 various flash, fade and chase light patterns. Adjustable brightness. Adjustable speed on the light transition patterns. Auto switching functionality through the entire list of 358 light / light transition patterns or to auto scroll through your favorite 8 patterns that you can select and save to your custom DIY list.........and selecting just plain red is an option also.
The lower cost 5.25" speaker plates that I am selling make this type of Speaker Light Kit / speaker upgrade (speakers sold separately...and not sold by me) in a Pro or Premium game a much more affordable option than it was previously.

IMDN is the last game waiting for the 5.25" speaker treatment. I installed on EHOH and BKSOR and they look fantastic. Another order coming your way!

#6667 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

IMDN is the last game waiting for the 5.25" speaker treatment. I installed on EHOH and BKSOR and they look fantastic. Another order coming your way!

What kind of speakers have you been buying?

#6668 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

What kind of speakers have you been buying?

Pyle and Rockford Fosgate. I like the Fosgates because they’re aesthetically nicer than the Pyles, but have similar sound. About $40 a pair on amazon.

#6669 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

...and Doug’s customer service is second to none!

I was looking for something very specific and Doug spent the time discussing my options with me and ultimately found what I wanted.

I placed another order yesterday.

#6670 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Pyle and Rockford Fosgate. I like the Fosgates because they’re aesthetically nicer than the Pyles, but have similar sound. About $40 a pair on amazon.

Like these ones?https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00BF6HX9E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_VCf4Eb4Q91EV0
I have an external sub but I've never swapped out the head speakers. Straight swap.or more involved?

#6671 3 years ago

Sorr I don’t belong here yet .Bought first Pin WOZRR in feb n I’m hooked like a catfish on stink bait!!!! Between MET n IM for second I’m ready to pop What say you about IM?

#6672 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Sorr I don’t belong here yet .Bought first Pin WOZRR in feb n I’m hooked like a catfish on stink bait!!!! Between MET n IM for second I’m ready to pop What say you about IM?

Huge Metallica fan. Dream theme. First nib. Told myself it was forever and modded the hell out of it.......sold it 18mo later. It gets old. My Maiden is now about 18mo old. It has more than 5x the plays on it my Metallica had and it will NEVER leave. One of the best games out there period. Go for Maiden. You will NOT be disappointed. 18mo later and im actually looking into upgrading the the backbox speakers as we speak. Grab a Maiden qnd a sub and never look back

#6673 3 years ago

I own both and they are both top 5 sterns ever. You can't go wrong either way. Play both and buy what you like better.

#6674 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Like these ones?amazon.com link »
I have an external sub but I've never swapped out the head speakers. Straight swap.or more involved?

Yes, that’s it.

You’ll need the speakers as well as the 5.25” kit and lights from Doug. Super easy, no crazy wiring.

To wire the new 5.25” speakers, you can solder or crimp. I had some extra connectors laying around so I used a crimp tool. Just snip the existing speakers and connect however you prefer to the new speakers.

#6675 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yes, that’s it.
You’ll need the speakers as well as the 5.25” kit and lights from Doug. Super easy, no crazy wiring.
To wire the new 5.25” speakers, you can solder or crimp. I had some extra connectors laying around so I used a crimp tool. Just snip the existing speakers and connect however you prefer to the new speakers.

So an Iron Madien Premium has 4" speakers as standard, is that correct?

Cheers.

#6676 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

So an Iron Madien Premium has 4" speakers as standard, is that correct?
Cheers.

Correct.

#6677 3 years ago

Decided to go with what was recommended by speakerlightkits themselves
$70cdn locally

20200610_151255 (resized).jpg20200610_151255 (resized).jpg
#6678 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I own both and they are both top 5 sterns ever. You can't go wrong either way. Play both and buy what you like better.

This is a hard choice I’m prolly going to buy both just look for best deal I’m thinking and get the other in the fall .Im more motivated making money for this hobby than ever before lmao.

#6679 3 years ago

I know I’m on the wrong tread I’ll be here soon enough but does anyone know if you can install the hammer on a pro MET.Thanks I can’t find the MET club

#6680 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

does anyone know if you can install the hammer on a pro MET.

no, you can't.

Just too many missing considerations... hole in playfield for magnet, coffin window, entire coffin ball mech underneath (it's huge!), etc.

If you want the hammer buy a Premium/LE.

#6681 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I know I’m on the wrong tread I’ll be here soon enough but does anyone know if you can install the hammer on a pro MET.Thanks I can’t find the MET club

What's the point? There's no place for the ball to go under the PF on a Pro. Metallica Pro blows compared to the Premium. We had both. The Prem is better. Just get that and be done with it.

#6682 3 years ago

Today I bought my first modern stearn, and went with a Maiden Pro! The battle started with a stranger things pro, but was quickly dissuaded by all the posts on issues and lacking gameplay.
Then i narrowed it down to tmnt, deadpool and maiden. Tmnt was a natural choice, but i was presented with some tasty discounts on pool and maiden (both used)... so me and my son went testing.
We loved deadpool (we are fans), but it felt like the pin was too easy (bonuses and multis just popped out of nowhere with little effort... like the pinball was just giving achievements away. we loved the flow and whimsical nature, but again, its longevity was questionable by lack of challenge.
then we tried maiden, and first thing my son says is... damn, this is too brutal.. too hard!... but we gave it a second run, and he then said... im liking the challenge... im liking this more than deadpool. I agreed, it felt lije things were not just poping by accident, but as a result of hard work... very rewarding!
Cant wait till i bring it home!

#6683 3 years ago
Quoted from ricard2798:

Today I bought my first modern stearn, and went with a Maiden Pro! The battle started with a stranger things pro, but was quickly dissuaded by all the posts on issues and lacking gameplay.
Then i narrowed it down to tmnt, deadpool and maiden. Tmnt was a natural choice, but i was presented with some tasty discounts on pool and maiden (both used)... so me and my son went testing.
We loved deadpool (we are fans), but it felt like the pin was too easy (bonuses and multis just popped out of nowhere with little effort... like the pinball was just giving achievements away. we loved the flow and whimsical nature, but again, its longevity was questionable by lack of challenge.
then we tried maiden, and first thing my son says is... damn, this is too brutal.. too hard!... but we gave it a second run, and he then said... im liking the challenge... im liking this more than deadpool. I agreed, it felt lije things were not just poping by accident, but as a result of hard work... very rewarding!
Cant wait till i bring it home!

Both machines are awesome, but Maiden definitely has the edge. You hit the nail on the head with the difficulty level - as someone who owns a Lord of the Rings, it's nice to have the Maiden to kick my ass and remind me I'm not that good at pinball.

#6684 3 years ago

My Pinnovators kit arrived today! Wow... if there was ever a game that needed a sub it was this one! The difference is amazing!!!

Looking at those plates to upgrade to 5.25" speakers next!

#6685 3 years ago
Quoted from ricard2798:

Great pick and your son is spot on.
Nice to see more people playing before paying and looking past theme alone to gameplay.
You both will be rewarded meeting the challenge in a home environment.

#6686 3 years ago

Took delivery yesterday so officially back in the club. Pro does seem very fast without the stoppages and I'm so glad to be able to hit the orb shot and have it register! Game is so much fun! I did swap to the premium translite and have the pro in the light up frame from Stern. That looks really cool. Side armor and art blades installed as well.

#6687 3 years ago

Elwin confirms new code is on the way.
Final round pinball pod around the 24:00 minute mark.

#6688 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

This + the potential AC/DC update Lyman mentioned last year = me extremely happy.

Just wish we had timeframes on either!

#6689 3 years ago

My thoughts were that new Maiden code may be done but is supposed to include new tour dates in attract mode. Maybe a previously made agreement. Uncertain tour dates could be one reason the code seems more than a little late from what we were hearing in the winter. Still an amazing game as is but now would be a perfect time for a code drop. Lots of time stuck at home.

#6690 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

My thoughts were that new Maiden code may be done but is supposed to include new tour dates in attract mode. Maybe a previously made agreement. Uncertain tour dates could be one reason the code seems more than a little late from what we were hearing in the winter. Still an amazing game as is but now would be a perfect time for a code drop. Lots of time stuck at home.

They could replace it with a throwback public information message, something like:

CORONA IS REAL
PROTECT YOURSELF

#6691 3 years ago

Maiden! Still unsure if this is a long term keeper or not as the theme just doesn't resonate with me, fun shooter though and great artwork!

IMG_2642 (resized).jpgIMG_2642 (resized).jpg
#6692 3 years ago

I would love to see the same co-op mode as TMNT.

#6693 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

They could replace it with a throwback public information message, something like:
CORONA IS REAL
PROTECT YOURSELF

Stick a mask on Eddie in the attract mode while they're at it.

#6694 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Maiden! Still unsure if this is a long term keeper or not as the theme just doesn't resonate with me, fun shooter though and great artwork![quoted image]

Never seen an LE with Green trim before. Not bad, actually! Suits the cabinet are better than stock Red does I think, but still quite a bit of Green overall...

#6695 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I would love to see the same co-op mode as TMNT.

That would be awesome as well as the versus feature. Might get more people to play with if it is a 2 v 1

#6696 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

later he says that maiden plays too easy, the balltimes were too long, so he squeezed JP. That's gotta be the first person I've heard say IM balltimes are too long.

#6697 3 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

later he says that maiden plays too easy, the balltimes were too long, so he squeezed JP. That's gotta be the first person I've heard say IM balltimes are too long.

It is multiball heavy and the ball times can be long. Honestly, it’s why I don’t play it more than I do and I love the game.

#6698 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

It is multiball heavy and the ball times can be long. Honestly, it’s why I don’t play it more than I do and I love the game.

Maiden feels way easy compared to JP! No doubt.

#6699 3 years ago

I have not played JP yet, interesting that KME tightened things up on that one. Makes me wonder if our code update will make things a little tougher. Hoping for a couple of new tunes!

#6700 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

IMO its balltimes are perfect. It sits next to a LOTR at my place, whose average balltimes are about the same as my longest balls on IM. As opposed to my getaway in the other corner, set up steep and fast. Maiden is the Goldilocks of my collection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

There are 15,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/134?hl=kkoss24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.