(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,817 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 minutes ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,817 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 317.
#6551 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I guess you are counting Archer as game 1?

Archer into Iron Maiden - Game 1
Jurassic Park - Game 2
??? - Game 3, done
??? - Game 4, working on it, according to him.

#6552 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I guess you are counting Archer as game 1?

No. Game 4 at Stern.

#6553 3 years ago

Joined the club two weeks ago, and could not be happier! What a rush this game is. I am not a big poster, but I wanted to give a quick shout out to Pin Monk. I just received the Iron Maiden Lens Tree and the Eddie Card color bracket, and they are excellent. The game was immediately enhanced and more enjoyable.
Maybe someday I will actually light an Eddie card
I would also like to thank everyone who has posted useful information on this thread. You are all a great resource!
Thank you.

#6554 3 years ago
Quoted from minwick:

Joined the club two weeks ago, and could not be happier! What a rush this game is. I am not a big poster, but I wanted to give a quick shout out to Pin Monk. I just received the Iron Maiden Lens Tree and the Eddie Card color bracket, and they are excellent. The game was immediately enhanced and more enjoyable.
Maybe someday I will actually light an Eddie card
I would also like to thank everyone who has posted useful information on this thread. You are all a great resource!
Thank you.

Thanks for the nice shout out.

The easiest card to go for is the mummy. Start mummy multiball then keep hitting the lane next to the captive ball with the spinner. Couple of those shots, hit the captive ball. Repeat that a few times and you'll have the card.

#6555 3 years ago

Here’s a little something all you Maiden fans out there might want to add to your game room. I haven’t received mine yet,so fingers crossed that the colors are close to the pic.

https://www.uscoolprint.com/products/iron-maiden-area-rug-1?_pos=11&_sid=4701de6f3&_ss=r&variant=29327211986997

B5C4A59C-44EA-482C-93C7-BEF900C41FA0 (resized).jpegB5C4A59C-44EA-482C-93C7-BEF900C41FA0 (resized).jpeg

#6556 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The easiest card to go for is the mummy. Start mummy multiball then keep hitting the lane next to the captive ball with the spinner. Couple of those shots, hit the captive ball. Repeat that a few times and you'll have the card.

Do you have a website or a link to a website?

#6557 3 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Do you have a website or a link to a website?

The pinside shop is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk

But no international there. So, for international, the website version is here:

www.pinmonk.com

#6558 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

Here’s a little something all you Maiden fans out there might want to add to your game room. I haven’t received mine yet,so fingers crossed that the colors are close to the pic.
https://www.uscoolprint.com/products/iron-maiden-area-rug-1?_pos=11&_sid=4701de6f3&_ss=r&variant=29327211986997
[quoted image]

Forget Big Lebowski. The pinball rug bar has been reset!

EDIT: Maybe not. It's just dye sublimation print on a thick velour. Not really a rug, per se. Boo.

#6559 3 years ago

Keith stated that his 3rd game was complete and he was working toward #4. His #3 has yet to made public.

#6560 3 years ago

Back in the club with my original game that i previously sold. It was then on location for a while and got beat up a bit. Cosmetics are mostly fine, but coin door is kicked in a bit and several minor playfield parts were broken. Luckily I have all the spare parts I need to fix everything. Ironically I sold IMDN to get a DILE, but IMDN is back and DILE is leaving later this week (along with ACDC).

Rob

#6561 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Back in the club with my original game that i previously sold. It was then on location for a while and got beat up a bit. Cosmetics are mostly fine, but coin door is kicked in a bit and several minor playfield parts were broken. Luckily I have all the spare parts I need to fix everything. Ironically I sold IMDN to get a DILE, but IMDN is back and DILE is leaving later this week (along with ACDC).
Rob

Good choice. Iron Maiden is much better than Dialed In.

#6562 3 years ago

The consensus is that another update is coming? I kind of thought one was being worked on when the 'making of Jurassic Park' video had a clip with a whiteboard and some updated rule notes.

Rob

#6563 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The consensus is that another update is coming? I kind of thought one was being worked on when the 'making of Jurassic Park' video had a clip with a whiteboard and some updated rule notes.
Rob

Yes, there is at least one more big update on the way.

#6564 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I can’t light the mummy card to save my life. There’s a mental block there, I think. The last game I had, I lit 3 out of 4 cards and played mummy 3 times. Couldn’t do it!

#6565 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I can’t light the mummy card to save my life. There’s a mental block there, I think. The last game I had, I lit 3 out of 4 cards and played mummy 3 times. Couldn’t do it!

Just concentrate on that upper spinner ONLY. It's one of the easier shots in the game. Couple spinner rips, captive ball hit, couple spinner rips, captive ball hit. You'll have the ball in less than a minute. Once you get the card, hit each ramp once to get an add a ball.

#6566 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Good choice. Iron Maiden is much better than Dialed In.

I have them both and love them both for different reasons. DI and IMDN are apples to oranges. Lawlor's design is more loose and classic, while Keith's design is more furious and requires control. Depends on my mood. I love he driving metal and Satan in IMDN, but I also love the goofiness of DI and the amazing animations.

#6567 3 years ago

Anyone within 2-3 hours of Washington DC looking to sell their IM pro at a reasonable price?

#6568 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I have them both and love them both for different reasons. DI and IMDN are apples to oranges. Lawlor's design is more loose and classic, while Keith's design is more furious and requires control. Depends on my mood. I love he driving metal and Satan in IMDN, but I also love the goofiness of DI and the amazing animations.

Dialed In made a great first impression, but overstayed its welcome pretty quickly and was gone within a year if I remember right. It's not a terrible game, but it goes in the "miss" column for JJP on my list. I'd take jjpPirates or WoZ over it any day.

#6569 3 years ago

I feel like I am always dusting the glass on my games so I figured I would find a beach towel to place on the glass when not playing. I found, kind of customized, picked color of border, orientation of image, etc. I think this will look good on premium. Not dirt cheap but $35 may save me all the dust I am cleaning off. They have tons of Maiden images you can use and now going back to the site to find one for my JP. Figured I would share if anyone wants the same.

22C93DB5-1CD1-4781-8FC7-91750869DD48 (resized).png22C93DB5-1CD1-4781-8FC7-91750869DD48 (resized).png8E5390BB-B8D9-4E63-AD5E-8F52942B09B0 (resized).png8E5390BB-B8D9-4E63-AD5E-8F52942B09B0 (resized).pngDB93CF21-2FA4-40DD-AE2D-6840A6C7BCE7 (resized).pngDB93CF21-2FA4-40DD-AE2D-6840A6C7BCE7 (resized).png
#6570 3 years ago
20190105_095359 (resized).jpg20190105_095359 (resized).jpg
#6571 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dialed In made a great first impression, but overstayed its welcome pretty quickly and was gone within a year if I remember right. It's not a terrible game, but it goes in the "miss" column for JJP on my list. I'd take jjpPirates or WoZ over it any day.

Different strokes. The only JJP I would want in my house would be Dialed in, and I wouldn't take WoZ or Pirates if they were free.

#6572 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

With my JP, i can reset the game quickly holding left flipper and start button. Is this not an option on Maiden? I can’t find this option in the menu...

Once on ball 2, holding the Start button down for about 5 seconds resets the game with mine. Same as my last run MET Pro. I don't recall that being an adjustment setting.

#6573 3 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

[quoted image][quoted image]

that trooper towel is hard to get. Looks nice!b

#6574 3 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Once on ball 2, holding the Start button down for about 5 seconds resets the game with mine. Same as my last run MET Pro. I don't recall that being an adjustment setting.

That just resets to a new game. He is talking about resetting into attract mode again.

#6575 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

That just resets to a new game. He is talking about resetting into attract mode again.

Let’s agree to agree

#6576 3 years ago

I bought a bunch of little red switches that fit perfectly into the slam tilt connector. If I need to reset, I just open the coin door and press the button.

#6577 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I bought a bunch of little red switches that fit perfectly into the slam tilt connector. If I need to reset, I just open the coin door and press the button.

That's interesting....do you mind taking a pic?

#6578 3 years ago

Added the LE figures to my Iron Maiden

20200514_215654 (resized).jpg20200514_215654 (resized).jpg
20200514_215700 (resized).jpg20200514_215700 (resized).jpg
20200514_215648 (resized).jpg20200514_215648 (resized).jpg

#6579 3 years ago

So I asked everybody on this thread what are the best mods to get for Iron Maiden. Most people said a subwoofer and a shaker. The subwoofer is huge add on for this! Thank you guys for recommending the sub. However the Shaker is useless. I bought the spike shaker from Stern and it barely shakes. I have it on maximal use and I can barely notice it. Beside a game like my iron man that has a red Tremor and is constantly going through the whole game, Iron Maiden seems to only go if you hit a jackpot. It barely shakes at all even when you do hit a jackpot it's a couple small turns. Very disappointed with the Shaker use in Iron Maiden. Hopefully they update that with a new update

#6580 3 years ago

So I asked everybody on this thread what are the best mods to get for Iron Maiden. Most people said a subwoofer and a shaker. The subwoofer is huge add on for this! Thank you guys for recommending the sub. However the Shaker is useless. I bought the spike shaker from Stern and it barely shakes. I have it on maximal use and I can barely notice it. Beside a game like my iron man that has a red Tremor and is constantly going through the whole game, Iron Maiden seems to only go if you hit a jackpot. It barely shakes at all even when you do hit a jackpot it's a couple small turns. Very disappointed with the Shaker use in Iron Maiden. Hopefully they update that with a new update

Something is wrong with your shaker.

#6581 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Or he's gotten used to the unpleasant jackhammer motion of a Red Tremor as "normal" (it isn't).

#6582 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

It's a pretty easy install four screws and you plug it into that board on the side. I did everything the instructions say. It just barely moves. Not as much as the Iron Man beside it. My Iron Man Shaker is always going. My Iron Maiden Shaker seems to only go when you hit certain shots or jackpot and then it still doesn't go that much ? My powered subwoofer shakes the machine more than the Shaker does. Do you think it matters what direction the Shaker was mounted in whether those bars on the side swing in or outwards?

#6583 3 years ago

Nevermind.

#6584 3 years ago

That's not right. I have the Stern shaker in my Maiden and my Metallica (same skater, different hookup) Shakes the pin so much it sometimes Moves around the floor. I considered adjust Metallica down. I HAVE had a defective shaker before that squeaked like crazy (my distributor replaced it). Something isnt right.
Red tremor is great if you want to feel like you are playing a 25 year old Data East game in a bar.

#6585 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

That's interesting....do you mind taking a pic?

NP. Here ya go:

IMG_20200514_233157 (resized).jpgIMG_20200514_233157 (resized).jpgIMG_20200514_233303 (resized).jpgIMG_20200514_233303 (resized).jpg

I just bend the leads outward and slide it into the plug so it's really tight. Stays put. Easy peasy. Works on my Iron Man as well, so it should work on most newish Sterns. It is a full reboot, so you have to wait a bit, but I still use it now and then.

#6586 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

NP. Here ya go:
[quoted image][quoted image]
I just bend the leads outward and slide it into the plug so it's really tight. Stays put. Easy peasy. Works on my Iron Man as well, so it should work on most newish Sterns. It is a full reboot, so you have to wait a bit, but I still use it now and then.

Sorry....full reboot..as in...its like turning the power off/on again?

#6587 3 years ago

Had my Maiden for about 2 months now and it's more fun now than it was when I got it. It's so damned good. I don't have anything to add. I just love it.

#6588 3 years ago

Does anyone know what the "? Master" award is? Default is S KEELER 3 hits.

#6589 3 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Had my Maiden for about 2 months now and it's more fun now than it was when I got it. It's so damned good. I don't have anything to add. I just love it.

I agree. It is like a fine wine. Love mine too. Finally got my first Eddie card last night, trooper.

#6590 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

Does anyone know what the "? Master" award is? Default is S KEELER 3 hits.

Its hits to the stand up target above the left inlane. Basically...hitting it by doing shatz passing.

#6591 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Its hits to the stand up target above the left inlane. Basically...hitting it by doing shatz passing.

Ah ok. I thought it had something to do with cyborg. I'm not a great shatzer so makes sense

#6592 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Sorry....full reboot..as in...its like turning the power off/on again?

Yeah, slam tilt is always a full reset, like powering off the machine. The switch is better on older machines. IM takes about 5 seconds to boot. Maiden is looooong. It's still useful to throw a cheap switch in it though, considering the power switch is in a crappy place.

#6593 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

. It's still useful to throw a cheap switch in it though, considering the power switch is in a crappy place.

This is a big reason I bought some wemo plugs. "Hey Google. Turn on Iron Maiden"

#6594 3 years ago

Well this is a first for me. The ball was going really fast, I flipped to hit the right ramp, as it was going so fast that when it made the slight left to be dropped at the inlane, it instead flew out of the wireframe, over the flippers and drained. And as appropriate, the callout was "oh, cheap drain."

#6595 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

it instead flew out of the wireframe, over the flippers and drained.

Had you recently cleaned or waxed the playfield? Mine did this a number of times right after I cleaned it last time. It is frustrating as it would only do it on a really clean fast shot up the ramp.

#6596 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Had you recently cleaned or waxed the playfield? Mine did this a number of times right after I cleaned it last time. It is frustrating as it would only do it on a really clean fast shot up the ramp.

No, it's been awhile since I cleaned it - but I know what you mean about it being impossibly fast after you wax the playfield. The ball just had a lot of speed coming to the flipper and instead of trying to trap it, I just hit it to make the ramp.

#6597 3 years ago

Got this machine not too long ago and have a couple questions. How do you lite the revive? Also when I got the machine I went to update the code figuring that would be an update. Last update was over a year ago. I guess a year-and-a-half at this point. Do you think they will ever update the code again? Does it need anything? Or is it solid the way it is?

Hey Quarter! Lighting Revive and other basic rules I just compiled in this under 5 minutes video. Hope it could help you. And UP THE IRONS!

#6598 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Well this is a first for me. The ball was going really fast, I flipped to hit the right ramp, as it was going so fast that when it made the slight left to be dropped at the inlane, it instead flew out of the wireframe, over the flippers and drained. And as appropriate, the callout was "oh, cheap drain."

I have a broken plastic from this. Happened in the first week of owning the machine. Can't buy individual plastics either...

#6599 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I have a broken plastic from this. Happened in the first week of owning the machine. Can't buy individual plastics either...

Goody bag should have you covered. Have you checked?

20200518_163408 (resized).jpg20200518_163408 (resized).jpg
#6600 3 years ago

Yeah I checked. Mine came loaded up.

20200518_163744 (resized).jpg20200518_163744 (resized).jpg20200518_163807 (resized).jpg20200518_163807 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 15,817 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/132?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.