(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,827 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png
IMG_6818 (resized).png
IMG_6737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6730 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6733 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 317.
#6501 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Ok, all this talk about how to score points and what shots to hit is always helpful to a newer player and some of the veterans. Here's my question, what's the key to hitting the right orbit? It's my hardest shot to execute and don't know why. Had mine well over a year now and have about 600 plays on it, and a high score of about 600M. But goddam, i just have a hard time with that orbit shot. Got my ramps down great etc, but not that dam orbit

Make sure your left flipper is adjusted properly. If it's just a smidge too high at rest, that shot becomes a LOT harder.

#6502 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I had superband/perfectplay rubber on my pin and it just felt like it made the shots inconsistent so put the original black rubber on the flippers and it felt better... but that’s opinion. Maybe try the black rubber again and see if you can find that shot. I love how superbands/perfectplay look but on some games they make the shots a little off.

Titans ftw

#6503 3 years ago

Thanks for all of you guys that enjoyed the content and supported this new channel with your like, comments or subscribing.

More videos with different machines are coming. Subscribe and dont miss it

This channel was made with the main purpose of contributing with our hobby. NO MONEY is in the game and all the motivation to continue with other videos like this, comes from you.

So, Thanks a lot!

PINBALL MODS BRASIL

#6504 3 years ago

I swapped out my auto-launch coil for the stronger coil. Took my loop completion from about 5% to 90%. The auto-launch brick was driving me crazy.

Edit: I broke a billion for the first time on the day I replace the coil!

#6505 3 years ago

Has anyone brassed plated their Maiden maps and wire forms? Could look good. Could be too much.

#6506 3 years ago

Maybe this has been answered in the last 131 pages, kill me if so. Does anybody know what it means when the red or yellow lights on the playfield back are flashing?

8BCB0628-D487-4927-9108-7640613A2EBF (resized).png8BCB0628-D487-4927-9108-7640613A2EBF (resized).png

#6507 3 years ago

Yellow is super ramps. You might notice left pop is unlit and I think with super pops it's lit.

#6508 3 years ago
Quoted from pavelump:

Maybe this has been answered in the last 131 pages, kill me if so. Does anybody know what it means when the red or yellow lights on the playfield back are flashing?

Those lights are supposed to be torch fire. I know it doesn't read that way.

Anubis_Columns_with_Torches.gifAnubis_Columns_with_Torches.gif

#6509 3 years ago

That looks cool--you finally ready to cut these loose on the market?

#6510 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

That looks cool--you finally ready to cut these loose on the market?

I'm very close. Foam is being cut for the packaging, but I'm still working on the instructions. Got sidetracked with finishing up the Spike 300W and Spooky fan kits.

#6511 3 years ago

Thanks. So, no play significance then? Mine are off most of the time. Then sometimes the red flashes and other times sometimes the yellow flashes, but I don’t think I’ve seen them both at the same time or even alternating like in your gif. Although, the red is more of a flash and the yellow a pulse. Clearly, I’m on a pro machine.

#6512 3 years ago

Left torch flashing red signifies Tomb Award shot active on Premium/LE models.

#6513 3 years ago
Quoted from JHS71:

Yellow is super ramps. You might notice left pop is unlit and I think with super pops it's lit.

Correct. Verified just now on a PRO.

Yellow: super ramps
RED: Mummy lock ready
Left Pop pulsing: Super pops

Oh, and in case you didn't know, on the right side of the PF under the right habittrail, the domed flasher pulses when you have a current combo active.

Just about one of the only criticisms I have of the game, are these lights on the PF that have no indication what they are. However...to fix it....you would have to add a bunch of "text" plastics (like the mummy sign by the captive ball), which really detract from the artwork.

#6514 3 years ago

Speaking about the artwork. I have not owned a new Stern machine since The Walking Dead. Sterns artwork has always been kind of bland and cut and paste. I picked up an Iron Maiden and wow the artwork is just stunning. I can't believe the Drastic change in art from that time period to now

20200507_180129 (resized).jpg20200507_180129 (resized).jpg

#6515 3 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Speaking about the artwork. I have not owned a new Stern machine since The Walking Dead. Sterns artwork has always been kind of bland and cut and paste. I picked up an Iron Maiden and wow the artwork is just stunning. I can't believe the Drastic change in art from that time period to now
[quoted image]

There are still highs and lows. Depends on the artist chosen, usually. Maiden's is exceptionally good, though.

#6516 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There are still highs and lows. Depends on the artist chosen, usually. Maiden's is exceptionally good, though.

Yeah...plenty of new stern playfields suck. This one is so good because its from zombie yeti. He also did Ghostbusters and Deadpool, and I think magic girl. All of them awesome art. Wish they would pay him to do more of their PFs!

#6517 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Yeah...plenty of new stern playfields suck. This one is so good because its from zombie yeti. He also did Ghostbusters and Deadpool, and I think magic girl. All of them awesome art. Wish they would pay him to do more of their PFs!

Nice! Why doesn't stern use this zombie yeti guy for every playfield? What else has he done for stern?

#6518 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Deadpool and Iron Maiden are fantastic art packages (with fantasy figures). But, ZY's weakness is human faces. Ghostbusters human faces are not good likenesses. Poor representation of all of them to varying degrees and Sta-puft has wrong fingers.

#6519 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Deadpool and Iron Maiden are fantastic art packages (with fantasy figures). But, ZY's weakness is human faces. Ghostbusters human faces are not good likenesses. Poor representation of all of them to varying degrees and Sta-puft has wrong fingers.

To each his own...I really like the stylizing that he did on their faces.

#6520 3 years ago

Check out this guys tailgate on a shitty beat up work truck at home depot yesterday

20200507_112808.jpg20200507_112808.jpg
#6521 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Your shopping this out already?

#6522 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Your shopping this out already?

Yes complete shop job. It seems it was heavily routed for about a year and went into a home where it wasn't shopped for the next year. When I received it it look like someone took a bag of coil dust and dumped it over the whole machine. I mean black dust everywhere, in the cabinet even in the back box. I had to strip everything and completely clean the black dust off of everything. I actually thought it caught fire, LOL. I asked about it on pinside and apparently black rubbers cause this? Upon the teardown I noticed the Playfield was a defective one right from the factory and had a big wear spot right to the wood. But that is another issue. I did touch up the wear spot but you can clearly see it in the picture

#6523 3 years ago

That truck plate make me wonder; If May the 4th is Stars Wars Day, couldn't May the 10th be Iron Maiden Day.

Yes complete shop job. It seems it was heavily routed for about a year and went into a home where it wasn't shopped for the next year. When I received it it look like someone took a bag of coil dust and dumped it over the whole machine. I mean black dust everywhere, in the cabinet even in the back box. I had to strip everything and completely clean the black dust off of everything. I actually thought it caught fire, LOL. I asked about it on pinside and apparently black rubbers cause this? Upon the teardown I noticed the Playfield was a defective one right from the factory and had a big wear spot right to the wood. But that is another issue. I did touch up the wear spot but you can clearly see it in the picture

I swear there's a difference after cleaning the rubbers too. Makes 'em feel a bit more lively.

#6524 3 years ago

apparently black rubbers cause this?

Yea, as the black rubber oxidizes and breaks down it dusts. I hate black rubber.

#6525 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:That truck plate make me wonder; If May the 4th is Stars Wars Day, couldn't May the 10th be Iron Maiden Day.

The band was formed on December 25th. Christmas shmistmas

#6526 3 years ago

Didnt even have the playfield up but spotted all this gold. I'm rich!!!
Guess its about time for some stops. I.havent had any issues with gameplay...so far20200509_095252 (resized).jpg20200509_095252 (resized).jpg

20200509_095304 (resized).jpg20200509_095304 (resized).jpg20200509_095323 (resized).jpg20200509_095323 (resized).jpg

#6527 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Guess its about time for some stops. I.havent had any issues with gameplay...so far[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine mine was the same. Stern uses really cheap flipper mechs now

#6528 3 years ago

Picked up Pro last week and this was in it. What do I win? (and who are the dignitary signatories?)

721CC53F-B738-40B0-89B1-A6E3F5E22424 (resized).jpeg721CC53F-B738-40B0-89B1-A6E3F5E22424 (resized).jpeg
#6529 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

Picked up Pro last week and this was in it. What do I win? (and who are the dignitary signatories?)[quoted image]

One is Zombie Yeti. I'm assuming the other is Keith Elwin.

#6530 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Guess its about time for some stops. I.havent had any issues with gameplay...so far[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine either! First impression was that it was termites!! Got crazy. Afterwards I saw it wasn´t..

#6531 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Correct. Verified just now on a PRO.
Yellow: super ramps
RED: Mummy lock ready
Left Pop pulsing: Super pops
Oh, and in case you didn't know, on the right side of the PF under the right habittrail, the domed flasher pulses when you have a current combo active.
Just about one of the only criticisms I have of the game, are these lights on the PF that have no indication what they are. However...to fix it....you would have to add a bunch of "text" plastics (like the mummy sign by the captive ball), which really detract from the artwork.

Just to add, besides the red torch for Mummy lock ready, it also flashes for Mummy Tomb Treasure

#6532 3 years ago

My family thinks the outlanes are a little unforgiving, especially the left, so I moved the posts on both sides to the bottom hole. I don’t notice substantially fewer outlane drains. If anything, certain angles seem to go out easier on the right. Anyone else adjust their posts? What positions do you think reduces outlane drains the most?

#6533 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

My family thinks the outlanes are a little unforgiving, especially the left, so I moved the posts on both sides to the bottom hole. I don’t notice substantially fewer outlane drains. If anything, certain angles seem to go out easier on the right. Anyone else adjust their posts? What positions do you think reduces outlane drains the most?

I think all you guys can do now is try to learn the Revive shot. Try to keep them lit. I have games where revive saves 4 or 5 drains.

I can also sort of tell how the way the ball is headed to each side for a certain drain, a good nudge/shake gets it to bounce back out and stay in play.

#6534 3 years ago

Got this machine not too long ago and have a couple questions. How do you lite the revive? Also when I got the machine I went to update the code figuring that would be an update. Last update was over a year ago. I guess a year-and-a-half at this point. Do you think they will ever update the code again? Does it need anything? Or is it solid the way it is?

#6535 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

... Anyone else adjust their posts? What positions do you think reduces outlane drains the most?

Yes. Lowest positions.

...How do you lite the revive? ...

Shoot the lower spinner enough.

#6536 3 years ago

How do you lite the revive?

Shaker motor is great in this game.
20200510_111100 (resized).jpg20200510_111100 (resized).jpg

#6537 3 years ago

Do you recommend any changes in the settings? The only setting I changed so far as I put music to -5 so it is a bit louder. Everything else Factory so far. Any recommended changes to the settings?

#6538 3 years ago

Do you recommend any changes in the settings? The only setting I changed so far as I put music to -5 so it is a bit louder. Everything else Factory so far. Any recommended changes to the settings?

I think Shaker Motor is best on the minimal setting. If any higher, it will shake and score points before you even plunge. I think it shakes the newton balls....At least on my new premium.

#6539 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I think Shaker Motor is best on the minimal setting. If any higher, it will shake and score points before you even plunge. I think it shakes the newton balls....At least on my new premium.

Crank that shaker baby! All good on a pro or a properly adjusted premium (he is talking about the clairvoyant newton on the premium. It can be finicky to tweak properly)

#6540 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Crank that shaker baby! All good on a pro or a properly adjusted premium (he is talking about the clairvoyant newton on the premium. It can be finicky to tweak properly)

I have tweaked both and they score properly during gameplay, but it’s weird to see points going up just for hitting the flipper buttons. I guess I need to revisit the alignment of the leafs.

#6541 3 years ago

Just a quick shout out to Pinwoofer for the awesome sub and speaker kit with dedicated amplifiers. Best mod I've purchased for my Maiden!

I can hear so many sound effects that I couldn't before, the callouts sound clean and darker/scarier, and the MUSIC, oh man. Sub can really pump out bass. Game immersion is huge to me and the increase in sound quality really pulls me in.

Easy install and great support.

Put an external volume control w/ headphone jack from PBL on at the same time and man I'm happy.

#6542 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I have tweaked both and they score properly during gameplay, but it’s weird to see points going up just for hitting the flipper buttons. I guess I need to revisit the alignment of the leafs.

Yes. If you're getting points for vibration, you need to adjust your switches. Run the shaker on maximal!

#6543 3 years ago

Got this machine not too long ago and have a couple questions. How do you lite the revive? Also when I got the machine I went to update the code figuring that would be an update. Last update was over a year ago. I guess a year-and-a-half at this point. Do you think they will ever update the code again? Does it need anything? Or is it solid the way it is?

100% another update coming, just no idea when.

All I can remember is higher reward for loop shots with small upper flipper.

Hoping for a sweet update.

#6544 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Run the shaker on maximal!

Screenshot_20200510-180532_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200510-180532_Google (resized).jpg
#6545 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

100% another update coming, just no idea when.
All I can remember is higher reward for loop shots with small upper flipper.
Hoping for a sweet update.

Hope you are right. Would be great!

#6546 3 years ago

With my JP, i can reset the game quickly holding left flipper and start button. Is this not an option on Maiden? I can’t find this option in the menu...

#6547 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

With my JP, i can reset the game quickly holding left flipper and start button. Is this not an option on Maiden? I can’t find this option in the menu...

Nope, hopefully the next update will add this in though!

#6548 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

Nope, hopefully the next update will add this in though!

I sure hope so and I love how the audits keep track of the games that you reset quick. Anyone have any speculation on The next theme or where in the release calendar would be Keith’s next game? I wish he was on TMNT...

#6549 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I sure hope so and I love how the audits keep track of the games that you reset quick. Anyone have any speculation on The next theme or where in the release calendar would be Keith’s next game? I wish he was on TMNT...

No speculation on the theme, but Elwin is already working on game 4.

#6550 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

No speculation on the theme, but Elwin is already working on game 4.

I guess you are counting Archer as game 1?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/131 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.