(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,834 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 minutes ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,650 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DEE5A412-E437-4CED-A093-C1BF8B087FA9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200704_094634 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200704_094054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200704_094043 (resized).jpg
78AB0E93-2770-4964-8F4A-D594A7AB70DE (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
D23664DC-5867-4518-8B2B-921ED947F1E0.jpeg
BF30621B-CFBE-46EE-9940-BE745D4BAE8F (resized).jpeg
23F6C642-7BB7-4BB4-9018-54B10B9EE32A (resized).jpeg
37CA77D4-2BAD-47A4-8E1C-D43C5E2A20F2 (resized).jpeg
6561D344-5702-47C9-8BFC-0F3EE8B10313 (resized).jpeg
2668F342-CF59-45F5-991B-732B3A3E6926 (resized).jpeg
396E69B3-FC92-4663-9AEA-556BE9F09F06 (resized).jpeg
E480E4BC-A298-40DC-84D8-AFA10CC8F4DD (resized).png
E60F9A40-04A0-44FA-8D71-F8ADCD0D9B96 (resized).jpeg
78F90028-1FD2-4924-BEF2-434B2C29D291 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6834 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 137.
#6451 82 days ago

Huh...mine came with two lockdown buttons. Must be a prototype, or something...

#6452 82 days ago
Quoted from Billy16:

dang

#6453 82 days ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

In the states and my pro does not have the lockdown button either. Don't know what it would be used for on this game.

Launches the ball, enters high scores. Great for location where people have become conditioned to using the button for such things.

#6454 82 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Launches the ball, enters high scores. Great for location where people have become conditioned to using the button for such things.

That and shooting tie fighters in video mode. How many have gotten to video mode on IMDN?

#6455 82 days ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

That and shooting tie fighters in video mode. How many have gotten to video mode on IMDN?

Elwin will be pissed you let that video mode secret for 1.10 out of the bag.

#6456 82 days ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Same, but they're on the sides of the cabinet. Though I'm missing flipper buttons.

#6457 82 days ago

It's not April 1st guys....

#6458 82 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

I thought you were kidding, but now I'm thinking maybe you really did the mod and do have that button...

#6459 82 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Wait, your Iron Maiden doesn't have a lockdown button? Canada, always getting the short end of the stick...
[quoted image]

See what you've started?

#6460 82 days ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I thought you were kidding, but now I'm thinking maybe you really did the mod and do have that button...

Oh, that button is there and it really works. That's a legit picture of the machine, no photoshop. All the Stern parts are available to make it happen and it is coded already to launch the ball, and enter letters on high score screens. I think it can be set to start the game, too, but I haven't tried it.

The whole thing started when I got to wondering why there was a lockdown bar button test in the diagnostics for a machine with no lockdown bar button...

#6461 82 days ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I think your pin looks awesome and I personally want to thank you for taking the time to post the video here and on Youtube. Well edited and we need more pinball videos from the community like this, regardless if you like the mods or not. Keep up the good work!

Indypin, thanks a lot for the feedback man! It was my very first video, it took so many hours. But reading messages from guys like you encourages me to keep pushing!

Maybe on wednesday the second IM´s video will be online, with a different content of the first one but with the same idea of short edited videos. I will let you guys know when its ready.

Thanks again!

#6462 77 days ago

Whats up guys! As promised, today second IRON MAIDEN video is online. It´s a FAST TUTORIAL about the base machine ruleset in relatively short videos (these one has 4:59min) #RULES4FUN
If you are in front of a new machine at a arcade or friend´s gameroom, and need to know the basis fast, that´s the video!
I didn´t subtitled this one cause next wednesday, if everything goes ok, there will be a full English Version of it!
I will keep you guys informed.
Hope you enjoy the content.
Seeya!

PINBALL MODS BRASIL

#6463 77 days ago

Curiosity struck me..I can get soul shards for HBTN, FOD pretty regularly. FOI only now and then because I get greedy and drain, or go into a brick fest and can't hit anything. But I've never finished ROTM or AH and am curious what happens if you get the soul shard. Does the mode stop but you still have multiple balls in play, or does the mode continue with more opportunities to get jackpots? Thanks.

#6464 77 days ago
Quoted from jlock:

Curiosity struck me..I can get soul shards for HBTN, FOD pretty regularly. FOI only now and then because I get greedy and drain, or go into a brick fest and can't hit anything. But I've never finished ROTM or AH and am curious what happens if you get the soul shard. Does the mode stop but you still have multiple balls in play, or does the mode continue with more opportunities to get jackpots? Thanks.

If you get all the shots in ROTM or AH, you start the shot sequence over again until you drain to 1 ball left, then you go for the soul shard.

#6465 77 days ago

Got it, thanks. Creates interesting risk/reward situation if you are really aiming to maximize soul shards for game progress. Once you qualify for the shard it would not be ridiculous to cradle a ball in the left flipper and play out the rest with the right with little concern about their fate. I don't know how many times in trooper MB I'll be all excited about keeping 3 or 4 balls in play for a good while and then five second later I drain them all.

#6466 76 days ago

We have had our Maiden for about 2 month now. We probably play it at least a few times per day. The right side flipper is starting to do something randomly. It's subtle. The best way I can describe it is; if I push the right flipper button and then push it again quickly, it doesn't always respond. Any thoughts?

#6467 76 days ago
Quoted from pingrrrl:

We have had our Maiden for about 2 month now. We probably play it at least a few times per day. The right side flipper is starting to do something randomly. It's subtle. The best way I can describe it is; if I push the right flipper button and then push it again quickly, it doesn't always respond. Any thoughts?

Flipper switch leaves bending away from each other, or maybe a broken coil stop. Do you have gold dust on the floor of the cabinet below one or both flipper coils?

#6468 75 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Flipper switch leaves bending away from each other, or maybe a broken coil stop. Do you have gold dust on the floor of the cabinet below one or both flipper coils?

Keep in mind the many different looks of goldust.

ebe3988f42c6b2ca70a11dbe6a84ff95 (resized).jpg
#6469 75 days ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Keep in mind the many different looks of goldust.[quoted image]

If that was in my cabinet, I would hope he'd be earning his keep by maintaining stuff under the PF on the fly...

#6470 71 days ago

Two years later its still changing and getting better!

IMG_1407 2 (resized).jpgIMG_1408 (resized).jpgIMG_1410 (resized).jpg
#6471 71 days ago

Look it’s leg less Eddie! Why do you guys cut the legs off? I have the same figure and I have him positioned on his knees leaning over the ramp wire form.

#6472 71 days ago

Eds got his legs, camera angle. Who's cutting off the poor fellas legs?

#6473 71 days ago

My bad, that camera angle looks like he has no legs. I have seen some leg less ones tho. The lit up eyes look awesome!

#6474 71 days ago

bigduke6 , did you do the lit set up to Eddie's eyes? That looks awesome! I've been looking at this mod to do to my Premium. Is this the 7" Neca version of Eddie? And would you share how you did the lighted eyes?
Thanks,
Chris

#6475 71 days ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

bigduke6 , did you do the lit set up to Eddie's eyes? That looks awesome! I've been looking at this mod to do to my Premium. Is this the 7" Neca version of Eddie? And would you share how you did the lighted eyes?
Thanks,
Chris

In case he doesn't respond, I did something very similar with Attack from mars alien eyes here ->
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/162#post-5406613

I assume with the eddie eyes, that he is using something larger than pico leds, maybe nano ( 0603 ) or micro ( 0805 ) Leds. I would assume he isn't using larger 6V 3mm leds like here ->

https://lighthouseleds.com/pre-wired-leds-1/6-volt-v-pre-wired-leds/6v-3mm-pre-wired-leds.html

I could be wrong though.

And probably he is drilling through the eyes of the head (the AFMr aliens are soft rubber).

The leds would be much easier to plug into on IMDN than AFMr, because you can just alligator clip the leds to any GI.

Oh...and I previously bought all my LEDs at lighthouseleds…...but recently learned they are all available at aliexpress. Exact same products. Much cheaper because you are buying direct from China. You just have to be willing to wait 5-6 weeks for your order.

#6476 70 days ago

Goddog is spot on. I think I used the nanos. Drilled thru back of the head and hid the wires down the back. Not my idea, got it from someone smarter than me on here.

#6477 70 days ago

I love this pin and I'm really happy to have one in my home, but I feel like I'm hitting a score wall. Can you guys give me any simple pointers to improve my score? I'm still learning the basics of it, but I'm not sure where to focus my efforts. I'm a crappy player and drain pretty easy, but I'll have the occasional long ball time where I'm hitting most of my shots and it feels like I'm doing well, but then I'll drain and look up at my score to see I've only gained 20 million. My best score is 389 million so far and I'm not sure how I got that much.

#6478 70 days ago
Quoted from snappahead:

I love this pin and I'm really happy to have one in my home, but I feel like I'm hitting a score wall. Can you guys give me any simple pointers to improve my score? I'm still learning the basics of it, but I'm not sure where to focus my efforts. I'm a crappy player and drain pretty easy, but I'll have the occasional long ball time where I'm hitting most of my shots and it feels like I'm doing well, but then I'll drain and look up at my score to see I've only gained 20 million. My best score is 389 million so far and I'm not sure how I got that much.

You can collect the mummy card pretty easily by spamming the upper right spinner, then hitting the captive ball, rinse, repeat. Makes it really easy to collect that card.

#6479 70 days ago

Whats up Guys IM Fans!!!

As promised, Pinball Mods Brasil #Rules4Fun Iron Maiden FAST TUTORIAL in 5 minutes, in English!

Please forgive my accent and some language mistakes. The goal is just that you guys understand what I´m talking aboutl.. lol

This offcial video launch will be done on LIVE CATCH PINBALL in some minutes, starting at 8 o´clock NY time. www.twitch.tv/livecatchpinball

If you enjoy the content, support this new channel with your Like , comments and subscribing.

Thank you!!

PINBALL MODS BRASIL

#6480 70 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

You can collect the mummy card pretty easily by spamming the upper right spinner, then hitting the captive ball, rinse, repeat. Makes it really easy to collect that card.

How do the cards work? Do they just build toward a wizard mode or do they have a lot of points attached. I haven't made it to 2 Minutes to Midnight yet. I've come close, but the ramps are a killer for me. Especially the right one.

#6481 70 days ago
Quoted from snappahead:

How do the cards work? Do they just build toward a wizard mode or do they have a lot of points attached. I haven't made it to 2 Minutes to Midnight yet. I've come close, but the ramps are a killer for me. Especially the right one.

Here you go ->

http://tiltforums.com/t/iron-maiden-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3787

#6482 70 days ago

Somehow, when I first got this game, I put up a billion pt game right away...even before I knew any rules. (I don't play very often) Finally got to 2m2m tonight but couldn't find my shots. Ended with just over 700mill but seeing a new mode rekindles the fun in a game.

#6483 70 days ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Shoot for flashing orange Xs to qualify playfield multipliers. As soon as you get a mode or multiball going, shoot a ramp to feed the inlane to start the multiplier. Learn the mode rules so you can complete the objectives, then be ready to shoot the bullseye to collect the soulshard as soon as the mode ends.

#6485 70 days ago
Quoted from metallik:

Shoot for flashing orange Xs to qualify playfield multipliers. As soon as you get a mode or multiball going, shoot a ramp to feed the inlane to start the multiplier. Learn the mode rules so you can complete the objectives, then be ready to shoot the bullseye to collect the soulshard as soon as the mode ends.

Ah, that's helpful, thanks. I didn't know that about the soul shards.

#6486 70 days ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Not that I'm much of a player, but my standard strategy for the game is pretty basic - always time collecting Eddie letters and lighting locks to always start a single-ball mode having Mummy and Trooper ready to go and then immediately start the MB.
Standard mode stack with MB. Try to avoid ever starting either MB without a stack. There are big points in the modes and soul shards.

If you do start either MB without a stack, make sure you concentrate on getting at least one super jackpot to light that card. If you can get control and have the add-a-balls ready to go you can take jackpots or go for power feature shots, which for me usually means ramps.

Speaking of Mummy, I usually shoot for the captive ball from the upper left flipper at most opportunities to get it lit. I also like to deliberately make glancing hits on the captive ball from the lower right flipper, roll up into the orbit, where it will often stall and roll back down allowing an upper left flipper shot on the Mummy captive ball again - two hits for the risk of one really. If you have both Mummy and Trooper lit, that same glancing shot will start a 4 ball trooper instead of 3 too, leaving Mummy still lit for after. Alternately holding the upper left flipper up as a ball rolls down the upper loop to bounce it into the drop targets, with a nudge as necessary, is great way to work toward mysteries and Trooper.

When in Rime or Aces I'll go for their jackpots during ball save, with an eye toward ramps again. Also pay attention to having or lighting the mystery award before/during these modes, as you need those add-a-ball awards. Getting control and knocking out ramps with one ball will really move you toward Cyborg with less risk. Honestly I rarely make many points with either of those MBs directly, but progress toward other goals is worth something too.

Obviously try to juggle the multiplier light and only start 2x/3x to coincide with a mode/MB too.

I guess great players probably avoid shooting for loops generally, but when appropriate you can make some huge points with loop jackpots. You need to have hit a few loops back-to-back during the build-up to the loop jackpot though, if you haven't already do read how that loop value works. Plus nailing loops in a row is probably the greatest thing in pinball, LOL.

All in all though the key to this game is control. Work on your drop catches and dead bounces at the very least and avoid flailing. If you're struggling to break a few hundred million regularly you're almost assuredly playing too out of control and/or not shooting for the "correct" shots risk vs reward wise.

#6487 70 days ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Not that I'm much of a player, but my standard strategy for the game is pretty basic - always time collecting Eddie letters and lighting locks to always start a single-ball mode having Mummy and Trooper ready to go. Standard mode stack with MB. Try to avoid ever starting either MB without a stack.
If you do start either MB without a stack, make sure you concentrate on getting at least one super jackpot to light the card. If you can get control and have the add-a-balls ready to go you can take jackpots or go for power feature shots, which for me usually means ramps.
Speaking of Mummy, I usually shoot for the captive ball from the upper left flipper at most opportunities to get it lit. I also like to deliberately make glancing hits on the captive ball from the lower right flipper, roll up into the orbit, where it will often stall and roll back down allowing an upper left flipper shot on the Mummy captive ball again - two hits for the risk of one really. If you have both Mummy and Trooper lit, that same glancing shot will start a 4 ball trooper instead of 3 too, leaving Mummy still lit for after.
When in Rime or Aces I'll go for their jackpots during ball save, with an eye toward ramps again. Also pay attention to having or lighting the mystery award before/during these modes, as you need those add-a-ball awards. Getting control and knocking out ramps with one ball will really move you toward Cyborg with less risk. Honestly I rarely make many points with either of those MBs directly, but progress toward other goals is worth something too.
Obviously try to juggle the multiplier light and only start 2x/3x to coincide with a mode/MB too.
I guess great players probably avoid shooting for loops generally, but when appropriate you can make some huge points with loop jackpots. You need to have hit a few loops back-to-back during the build-up to the loop jackpot though, if you haven't already do read how that loop value works. Plus nailing loops in a row is probably the greatest thing in pinball, LOL.
All in all though the key to this game is control. Work on your drop catches and dead bounces at the very least and avoid flailing. If you're struggling to break a few hundred million regularly you're almost assuredly playing too out of control and/or not shooting for the "correct" shots risk vs reward wise.

This post shows me how little I know about this game. I don't know what you're talking about haha. I really need to study.

#6488 70 days ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Speaking of Mummy, I usually shoot for the captive ball from the upper left flipper at most opportunities to get it lit. I also like to deliberately make glancing hits on the captive ball from the lower right flipper, roll up into the orbit, where it will often stall and roll back down allowing an upper left flipper shot on the Mummy captive ball again - two hits for the risk of one really.

Yep, also- if the ball does make it around the upper arch, the feed to the UR flipper is slower and easier to start looping.

Snappa: really, every feature can score big, you just have to execute, always with multipliers. Watch some top player streams to get a feel of a good game.

#6489 70 days ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Practice loops. Whenever I want to play for points, I get PF X and shoot loops. My average game with going for loops is about 500 mil. plus there's an extra ball at 50. Otherwise, PF X with modes.

#6490 70 days ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

In case he doesn't respond, I did something very similar with Attack from mars alien eyes here ->
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/162#post-5406613
I assume with the eddie eyes, that he is using something larger than pico leds, maybe nano ( 0603 ) or micro ( 0805 ) Leds. I would assume he isn't using larger 6V 3mm leds like here ->
https://lighthouseleds.com/pre-wired-leds-1/6-volt-v-pre-wired-leds/6v-3mm-pre-wired-leds.html
I could be wrong though.
And probably he is drilling through the eyes of the head (the AFMr aliens are soft rubber).
The leds would be much easier to plug into on IMDN than AFMr, because you can just alligator clip the leds to any GI.
Oh...and I previously bought all my LEDs at lighthouseleds…...but recently learned they are all available at aliexpress. Exact same products. Much cheaper because you are buying direct from China. You just have to be willing to wait 5-6 weeks for your order.

Thank you very much!

#6491 70 days ago

Ok, all this talk about how to score points and what shots to hit is always helpful to a newer player and some of the veterans. Here's my question, what's the key to hitting the right orbit? It's my hardest shot to execute and don't know why. Had mine well over a year now and have about 600 plays on it, and a high score of about 600M. But goddam, i just have a hard time with that orbit shot. Got my ramps down great etc, but not that dam orbit

#6492 70 days ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

what's the key to hitting the right orbit?

Figure out whether you are missing it to the left or to the right and adjust your shot accordingly. I find the shot to be pretty late on the flip, so if Im struggling to make it, I'll try what feels "extra" late.

#6493 70 days ago
Quoted from shaub:

Figure out whether you are missing it to the left or to the right and adjust your shot accordingly. I find the shot to be pretty late on the flip, so if Im struggling to make it, I'll try what feels "extra" late.

I usually go very late on the flip, and typically it bounces off the upper right flipper or the guide, and if i go a bit earlier, i'll bounce it off the right ramp post. Can't find that fine line in between. Took me awhile to really get the ramp shots down, maybe it will just take lots more practice? May have to take a good look at it this weekend, maybe something in that right ramp, right upper flipper area is in need of a little adjustment

#6494 70 days ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

maybe it will just take lots more practice?

Yeah, I suppose it is a pretty tight shot so there isn't a lot of room to shoot early or late. Play a few games only going for that orbit and see if you can get a bit more consistency. That's how I dialed in my ramp shots, I'm still pretty inconsistent on the fly but when it comes to trapping up and shooting for Eddie letters, I'm doing a lot better.

#6495 70 days ago
Quoted from shaub:

Yeah, I suppose it is a pretty tight shot so there isn't a lot of room to shoot early or late. Play a few games only going for that orbit and see if you can get a bit more consistency. That's how I dialed in my ramp shots, I'm still pretty inconsistent on the fly but when it comes to trapping up and shooting for Eddie letters, I'm doing a lot better.

Also make sure your flippers are aligned with the flipper bat alignment holes. If they are slightly above the holes, it would make things like the right orbit shot much harder.

#6496 70 days ago
Quoted from shaub:

Play a few games only going for that orbit and see if you can get a bit more consistency.

I was thinking the same thing. That's how i also got better on the ramp shots

Quoted from Gogdog:

Also make sure your flippers are aligned with the flipper bat alignment holes. If they are slightly above the holes, it would make things like the right orbit shot much harder.

I will definitely check the flippers. Thanks for the tips..

#6497 70 days ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I was thinking the same thing. That's how i also got better on the ramp shots

I will definitely check the flippers. Thanks for the tips..

Shooting the right orbit on the fly is a bit tricky so try trapping up and take a good aimed shot. This game allows you to post pass pretty easily so use that to your advantage. Are you using the original black flipper rubber? If so sometimes the tips get worn a bit so you should rotate them to get a nice surface again.

#6498 70 days ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Shooting the right orbit on the fly is a bit tricky so try trapping up and take a good aimed shot. This game allows you to post pass pretty easily so use that to your advantage. Are you using the original black flipper rubber? If so sometimes the tips get worn a bit so you should rotate them to get a nice surface again.

I have perfect play rubber on there now from PBL. Just completely went through it a couple months ago. New rubber, balls, clean/wax etc. It is a tougher shot on the fly vs trapping. Even when i have the ball trapped i'm having some difficulty. And i usually attempt the shot more with a trapped ball than on the fly. That's why it's so frustrating

#6499 69 days ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I have perfect play rubber on there now from PBL. Just completely went through it a couple months ago. New rubber, balls, clean/wax etc. It is a tougher shot on the fly vs trapping. Even when i have the ball trapped i'm having some difficulty. And i usually attempt the shot more with a trapped ball than on the fly. That's why it's so frustrating

I had superband/perfectplay rubber on my pin and it just felt like it made the shots inconsistent so put the original black rubber on the flippers and it felt better... but that’s opinion. Maybe try the black rubber again and see if you can find that shot. I love how superbands/perfectplay look but on some games they make the shots a little off.

#6500 69 days ago

I’m in the club! Have had my nib Premium for a few days now. I’m in love. Still 158mil is my best. I’m not the best player but will get there. JP pro and IMDN premium is a fun combo of two pins. Def makes this quarantine more enjoyable especially since my company just announced another 30 days of furlough. Will I crack and buy a third pin. I think it would be a Metallic Pro led nib..... I’m losing my mind.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Wanted
There are 6834 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 137.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside