(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 317.
#601 5 years ago

Surprised the family with an Allentown pickup. Family loves it.
IMG_9229 (resized).JPGIMG_9229 (resized).JPG

IMG_9228 (resized).JPGIMG_9228 (resized).JPG

#602 5 years ago
Quoted from defonze88:

Has anyone noticed there left pop bumper not lighting up. You can check in test menu there is a top and right but no left. Programming issue I'm guessing yes the bulbs good and that's as far as I got didn't really feel like pulling playfield up.

Its a flasher. Test it by testing flashers.

#603 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Its a flasher. Test it by testing flashers.

I think it's supposed to be that way. Dead Flip mentioned that in the 2nd reveal at the Stern factory. I think it lights up only when the ball hits it. I dont know why its like that though. He talks about it in the very beginning of the video. Its the video where they are revealing the LE model.

#604 5 years ago

Deadflip said it was a flasher.

My thought was that there is no flasher insert on the playfield between the pops like on so many other pins so this is their solution for IMDN.

#605 5 years ago

Thought pop bulb was out or loose on transit at first.
Contacted Stern and received this photo back..
26F2C52F-5F4F-4012-B292-FFBDC7830DD4 (resized).jpeg26F2C52F-5F4F-4012-B292-FFBDC7830DD4 (resized).jpeg

#606 5 years ago

Joining the club tomorrow! Picking up a pro. Went with mirrors - just love how they reflect everything and make the game seem bigger. Shaker of course too. I will be putting together a pinbrowser mix as well (Ozzy will be in for sure) if anyone is interested. Will post here.

#607 5 years ago

Should have my LE today !!! May have to leave work early!!!

#608 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Joining the club tomorrow! Picking up a pro. Went with mirrors - just love how they reflect everything and make the game seem bigger. Shaker of course too. I will be putting together a pinbrowser mix as well (Ozzy will be in for sure).

Dam was about to give you a thumbs up til I read your last sentence. Can I come over and piss on your game too

#609 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dam was about to give you a thumbs up til I read your last sentence. Can I come over and piss on your game too

damn harsh! haha - just sharing in the event anyone else is interested and can be of assistance. If it makes you feel better, I will prob keep 1 or 2 songs in there. Fear of the dark being one....

#610 5 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Any bets on when someone releases a mod for the metal ball returns from the ramps? Something to stop balls from jumping the rail and going down the drain would be awesome Seems to happen less than 20% here, and mostly on the left side, but it’s brutal right after a hit in Flight of Icarus!

Mine was doing this on the right side only. I just got an L bracket and riveted it to a heat bent piece of lexan in the shape of a hood and mounted to top of rt sling shot plastic. The game got a ton of play yesterday in my arcade and no one reported a ball flying off the ramp.

#611 5 years ago

I got my Maiden set up last night! Wow! What a game!!

I'm having some inconsistencies with the auto plunger, though. Sometimes it goes around the big loop as intended. Other times it bricks off the post just under the loop entrance. Other times still it'll get caught on the tip of the upper-left flipper. I have the game set at 6.5 degrees and the autoplunger strength maxed out (255?). What should I monkey with?

#612 5 years ago

How tough is it to reach the main wizard mode in this game compared to something like Valinor?

#613 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

How tough is it to reach the main wizard mode in this game compared to something like Valinor?

There are only 2 programmed so far and there not to tough to get to.
Cyborg multiball and 2 minutes 2 midnight.
There should be 2 more coming.
Number of the beast and another I can’t remember.

#614 5 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

There are only 2 programmed so far and there not to tough to get to.
Cyborg multiball and 2 minutes 2 midnight.
There should be 2 more coming.
Number of the beast and another I can’t remember.

I have reached Cyborg, but do not know how I reached it. Same with 2 minutes 2 midnight.

What are the requirements for each?

Marcus

#615 5 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I have reached Cyborg, but do not know how I reached it. Same with 2 minutes 2 midnight.
Marcus

I did too. I think it’s by starting all main modes.

#616 5 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Marcus

Cyborg is started by completing all of the Power Features (Power Pops, Ramps, etc), then hit the canter ramp shot. 2 Minutes to Midnight is started after lighting all of the modes, spelling Eddie one last time, then hitting the center ramp shot.

#617 5 years ago

Cyborg is started by completing the power pyramid and 2 mins is from modes

#618 5 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Marcus

2 min 2 midnight is the last mode.
For cyborg you need to complete enough of each type of shot, completing the yellow triangles on the playfield to reach the question mark. The display tells how many shots are needed for each.

#619 5 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

For cyborg you need to complete enough of each type of shot, completing the yellow triangles on the playfield to reach the question mark. The display tells how many shots are needed for each.

I thought Number of the Beast was the final Wizard Mode, no? I assume you get to that after finishing all four achievement inserts.

#620 5 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Cyborg is started by completing all of the Power Features (Power Pops, Ramps, etc), then hit the canter ramp shot. 2 Minutes to Midnight is started after lighting all of the modes, spelling Eddie one last time, then hitting the center ramp shot.

Quoted from BOBCADE:

Cyborg is started by completing the power pyramid and 2 mins is from modes

Quoted from RVH:

Thanks guys! That helps a great deal!

Marcus

#621 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

I thought Number of the Beast was the final Wizard Mode, no? I assume you get to that after finishing all four achievement inserts.

i think number of the beast is not programmed yet.

#622 5 years ago

Also run to the hills is not programmed

#623 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Joining the club tomorrow! Picking up a pro. Went with mirrors - just love how they reflect everything and make the game seem bigger. Shaker of course too. I will be putting together a pinbrowser mix as well (Ozzy will be in for sure) if anyone is interested. Will post here.

Ozzy... Really... What an over rated singer. And also him and his wife are complete jag offs... Maiden played on an oz fest tour. Blew Ozzy away, so to get revenge Sharon gave people eggs to throw at Maiden and cut out their PA system. Classy people the Osbournes... Also, Ozzy never wrote anything. Geezer wrote the songs in Sabbath, and when he went solo the trend continued. I'm grateful for him putting Sabbath on the map, so that Dio could join it... And that elevated Dio to the next level after being kicked out of Rainbow, and then when he got kicked out of Sabbath he released one of the greatest Heavy Metal Albums EVER!
Oh... And Ozzy thinks there was only one singer for Sabbath... Yeah... Heaven and Hell is one of the most important albums in metal history. Just as important as Sabbaths early stuff. Because, it directly set the table and laid the core sonic principals for what heavy metal would be in the 80s. Same is true to a lesser extent with Mob Rules. The title track was thrash metal before thrash metal, and it probably heavily influenced Megadeth, Slayer, Testament, and Anthrax.

It's your ears... And while I love Crazy Train... I just can't abide Ozzy...

#624 5 years ago

What do the red and yellow lights above the left ramp signify?

#625 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Ozzy... Really... What an over rated singer. And also him and his wife are complete jag offs... Maiden played on an oz fest tour. Blew Ozzy away, so to get revenge Sharon gave people eggs to throw at Maiden and cut out their PA system. Classy people the Osbournes... Also, Ozzy never wrote anything. Geezer wrote the songs in Sabbath, and when he went solo the trend continued. I'm grateful for him putting Sabbath on the map, so that Dio could join it... And that elevated Dio to the next level after being kicked out of Rainbow, and then when he got kicked out of Sabbath he released one of the greatest Heavy Metal Albums EVER!
Oh... And Ozzy thinks there was only one singer for Sabbath... Yeah... Heaven and Hell is one of the most important albums in metal history. Just as important as Sabbaths early stuff. Because, it directly set the table and laid the core sonic principals for what heavy metal would be in the 80s. Same is true to a lesser extent with Mob Rules. The title track was thrash metal before thrash metal, and it probably heavily influenced Megadeth, Slayer, Testament, and Anthrax.
It's your ears... And while I love Crazy Train... I just can't abide Ozzy...

yeah I don't have any history or comments - not a huge diehard fan either but cmon now - Iron Man or Crazy Train in this game (especially the latter)? Yes please!

#626 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

There is a "secret" second tier to Number of the Beast wizard mode that is called Run to the Hills wizard mode. NOTB is partially coded. RTTH is not coded yet.

#627 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

What do the red and yellow lights above the left ramp signify?

Yellow is power ramps and red is lit when A Pharoahs tomb treasure is available.

#628 5 years ago

Ordered heavy duty leg bolt plates from Marco and bought some #10 1/2” pan head screws and L bracket kits. Took about 15 minutes per side. I’ve only down the front on Maiden so far. You really need to remove the playfield, IMO, to do the rear properly.

Now that I’m done with IM I’m going to do the others.

1BB58FF3-B6D8-41E0-9462-14260034BD6E (resized).jpeg1BB58FF3-B6D8-41E0-9462-14260034BD6E (resized).jpeg

7CE3CF12-774F-4A02-A53D-80D71296547A (resized).jpeg7CE3CF12-774F-4A02-A53D-80D71296547A (resized).jpeg

99E795FE-464C-425B-8AEB-AD36E905178B (resized).jpeg99E795FE-464C-425B-8AEB-AD36E905178B (resized).jpeg

EFAEDD93-2EE5-418A-80B5-518F9FBCA1EC (resized).jpegEFAEDD93-2EE5-418A-80B5-518F9FBCA1EC (resized).jpeg

D31D91FC-6A0E-4D89-944B-B5C49C43E387 (resized).jpegD31D91FC-6A0E-4D89-944B-B5C49C43E387 (resized).jpeg

C222E2B8-631F-4C89-9E2E-BA125F91C23E (resized).jpegC222E2B8-631F-4C89-9E2E-BA125F91C23E (resized).jpeg

#629 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Ordered heavy duty leg bolt plates from Marco and bought some #10 1/2” pan head screws and L bracket kits. Took about 15 minutes per side. I’ve only down the front on Maiden so far. You really need to remove the playfield, IMO, to do the rear properly.

Is that a slight crack already on the Left front side by the Shaker motor?

#630 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Where did you get the top brackets from?

#631 5 years ago

Two questions

1. Should the auto plunge make the loop? Mine seems to hit the end of the little flipper. When I manually plunge it, no issues.

2. How are y'all hitting the super skill? I hold the left flipper. You have to then hit the shot with the little flipper? How do you feed that shot to that flipper in time?

#632 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Has no one ever been to Home Depot before??lolol. Those L brackets are in the hardware aisle with a ton of other shaped brackets

#633 5 years ago

Hold the left flipper. The design is that a full plunge will feed the upper left flipper top hit the shot. On mine I need to let off a full plunge slightly or it will go all the way around. Any other switch hits remove the ability to get the shot I believe.

My auto plunger will occasionally hit low of the target loop. I assume maybe I need to center it on a ball in the shooter lane?

#634 5 years ago

Why did you get sheet metal screws to screw into wood?

#635 5 years ago

I’m officially in the club now! What an awesome game. Very happy with it and enjoying the heck out of it!

#636 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Dude, you’re right. It’s no where to be found but listed on the Stern comparison chart “New CPU mounted line-out audio connector for external amplification”. I hadn’t noticed because I installed a Pinovaters sub-out asap after unboxing. Dang.
Anyone find it ?

Looks like external audio is on CN5. I've been digging around for info on how the headphone adapter is wired since it looks like 2 parts and a cable. What's strange about these pinouts is there are no pins for audio ground. Anyone know where the headphone adapter gets it from? Cabinet ground via the coin door?

Spike2_Audio_connectors (resized).PNGSpike2_Audio_connectors (resized).PNG

#637 5 years ago

LE #28 has arrived and is fantastic! The cabinet art has to be seen in person so cool! VERY happy can't wait to dig in tonight after work.

Maiden (1) (resized).jpegMaiden (1) (resized).jpeg

Maiden (3) (resized).jpegMaiden (3) (resized).jpeg

Maiden (2) (resized).jpegMaiden (2) (resized).jpeg

#638 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

Is that a slight crack already on the Left front side by the Shaker motor?

Haha, no it's not but you had me double check. It's a paint run.

Quoted from mollyspub:

Local hardware store. Came in a pack of 4 with 8 screws. There are many different sizes available. I looked for the type Stern put on Star Wars but couldn't find them (the triangle type that prevents flex)

Btw, I was able to add the rear leg bolt brackets without pulling the playfield because of the awesome new rails under the playfield. While back there added two L brackets to both sides. (sorry, no pictures).

#639 5 years ago

Anyone know what “Soul shards collected” in the ball bonus is for ?

D0F21C3E-F211-4262-AB7F-FEE5E6AEFD87 (resized).jpegD0F21C3E-F211-4262-AB7F-FEE5E6AEFD87 (resized).jpeg

#640 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

When you successfully complete a mode you have a chance to make a shot and collect a soul shard.

#641 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

http://tiltforums.com/t/iron-maiden-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3787

#642 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

LE #28 has arrived and is fantastic! The cabinet art has to be seen in person so cool! VERY happy can't wait to dig in tonight after work.

Wawawewa ! Gorgeous

#643 5 years ago

Does anyone protect the powder-coated legs from the bolts with clear plastic washers? Thought I saw that somewhere...

#644 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Were nylon spacers included with your game? Yours are the first LE pics I've seen without them installed on the leg bolts, and I'd like to order some if they're not included.

#645 5 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Were nylon spacers included with your game? Yours are the first LE pics I've seen without them installed on the leg bolts, and I'd like to order some if they're not included.

Nope they did not come with any and I didn't see any in the bag, but will double check.

#646 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Nope they did not come with any and I didn't see any in the bag, but will double check.

I believe they are in the same bag with the B/W leg plates...

#647 5 years ago

Congrats Mummite, looks awesome@!

#648 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I believe they are in the same bag with the B/W leg plates...

ok I will check tonight, it was a quick set up with limited time. . . . so quick unbox and back to work.

#649 5 years ago

Sub really wakes the beast

0508182020 (resized).jpg0508182020 (resized).jpg

#650 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Haha, no it's not but you had me double check. It's a paint run.

Local hardware store. Came in a pack of 4 with 8 screws. There are many different sizes available. I looked for the type Stern put on Star Wars but couldn't find them (the triangle type that prevents flex)
Btw, I was able to add the rear leg bolt brackets without pulling the playfield because of the awesome new rails under the playfield. While back there added two L brackets to both sides. (sorry, no pictures).

The triangle type that prevents flex are available at Home Depo. They look much beefier .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.50
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 16.00
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.