(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,651 posts
  • 1,042 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by AssaultSuit
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8120 (resized).png
IMG_8121 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,651 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 314.
#6401 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Anyone have the part number for this plate?
The one that replaces worn mylar on rear loop/orbit under sarcophagus.
Sent an email to stern and got an immediate response and a warranty order number. I will update if it has a part number.

Mmm, I can't see part # ?

Document number is there

Maiden Protector (resized).jpgMaiden Protector (resized).jpg
#6402 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Anyone have the part number for this plate?
The one that replaces worn mylar on rear loop/orbit under sarcophagus.
Sent an email to stern and got an immediate response and a warranty order number. I will update if it has a part number.

All I sent them to get mine was the serial number and build date of my game. This was after I'd previously been given a full sheet of mylar, cut out for all areas of the playfield once before when the issue first started with the old mylar bubbling up in the loop.

#6403 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

All I sent them to get mine was the serial number and build date of my game. This was after I'd previously been given a full sheet of mylar, cut out for all areas of the playfield once before when the issue first started with the old mylar bubbling up in the loop.

I should be all set, stern said they would ship it out. That being said I never received the wireform and herman protector for my Munsters Prem

#6404 3 years ago

Please forgive my ignorance on this, but I've never changed lighting before. I'd like to add red leds to the GI of my Pro to look like the premium/le. What kind of leds do I need, which leds do you recommend and where should I get them?

#6405 3 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Please forgive my ignorance on this, but I've never changed lighting before. I'd like to add red leds to the GI of my Pro to look like the premium/le. What kind of leds do I need, which leds do you recommend and where should I get them?

They should be #44 bayonet sockets. I like the 2smd frosted ones from Comet. Personally, I changed them all to the frosted sunlight ones and it looks great.

#6406 3 years ago

I just airballed into the Mummy lock and got a "Dirty Pool" callout. Nice!

#6407 3 years ago

Had the Beast call out "Death Dive" with extended wicked laugh following, Was left outlane drain and I drain there the most, never heard that callout and extended laugh before, was after a rad ball and pretty cool ! New and varied callouts certainly are one of my favorite parts in modern Sterns dynamic code. I'm still struggling to get those elusive soul shards, Love the challenge

20200407_154308 (resized).jpg20200407_154308 (resized).jpg
#6408 3 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

They should be #44 bayonet sockets. I like the 2smd frosted ones from Comet. Personally, I changed them all to the frosted sunlight ones and it looks great.

Thank you for the reply. So, you replaced the default white GI with frosted leds? What does that do? I've heard of frosted bulbs, but I don't think I've seen them in person. Would you recommend frosted bulbs for the red ones?

#6409 3 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Thank you for the reply. So, you replaced the default white GI with frosted leds? What does that do? I've heard of frosted bulbs, but I don't think I've seen them in person. Would you recommend frosted bulbs for the red ones?

I did the same. The frosted are easier on the eyes, but still bring the brightness.

#6410 3 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Any GI bulb should be frosted in my opinion, not sure why the factory doesn't use them as the cost is the same. The clear lens bulbs irritate your view when they are not blocked by plastic or posts.

I used sunlight white to replace all the factory white in my Premium. Also swapped out the red for frosted red. The clear lens are fine to use for inserts.

#6411 3 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

As what was said earlier. The clear bulbs are like laser beams straight into your eyes unless they are blocked. The frosted also disperse the light all around it better in my opinion. The only bulb I didn't change was the one in the far back left under the plastic of the left orbit under the ramp. Didn't feel like tearing down the whole machine to get to it and they stapled the socket in instead of a screw. Can't really see it too much, so I just left it factory.

#6412 3 years ago

Whats up guys!

I am Paulo and just started a Pinball channel that will talk mainly about Pinballs full of cool MODs!

The first episode was made with an awesome Stern IRON MAIDEN Premium! Hope you enjoy it.

This video has English subtitles. But the next one I am planning to do a full english version.

If you enjoy the content, please help with your like and sharing with friends.

Thanks a lot!

#6413 3 years ago
Quoted from PStudart:

Whats up guys!
I am Paulo and just started a Pinball channel that will talk mainly about Pinballs full of cool MODs!
The first episode was made with an awesome Stern IRON MAIDEN Premium! Hope you enjoy it.
This video has English subtitles. But the next one I am planning to do a full english version.
If you enjoy the content, please help with your like and sharing with friends.
Thanks a lot!

Have I gone too far with 9 spot lights? Nah, make it an even 10.

#6414 3 years ago

Well, that video really answered the question, "Is too many mods, too much?" for me!

#6415 3 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

Well, that video really answered the question, "Is too many mods, too much?" for me!

Hi Tkaye! The number of mods and the way you install it is very subjective, imo. I really like a good GI in my machines. And one or two mods, as you can see.. lol. But the proposal is to show some mods, giving options to IM owners. Thx for the comment.

#6416 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Have I gone too far with 9 spot lights? Nah, make it an even 10.

Thats it, an even 10! =D

#6417 3 years ago
Quoted from PStudart:

Hi Tkaye! The number of mods and the way you install it is very subjective, imo. I really like a good GI in my machines. And one or two mods, as you can see.. lol. But the proposal is to show some mods, giving options to IM owners. Thx for the comment.

How does the sarcophagus work when there's already a ball in the captive lock? The factory plastic is supposed to guide the ball to the left flipper in that case. What happens with the sarcophagus there instead and no guide? Do you have video of that?

#6418 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

How does the sarcophagus work when there's already a ball in the captive lock? The factory plastic is supposed to guide the ball to the left flipper in that case. What happens with the sarcophagus there instead and no guide? Do you have video of that?

Hi Vireland! I shot the video , however as the plan was to make a short video, I do not put it in this one. But it will be on the next, maybe in 15 days it will be in the channel, with the same machine, but a different content. Will be 2 videos per pinball machine.

The ball falls through the sarcophagus, close to the drop targets area. There is no big change on the gameplay. For me, it was a fair trade, since the sarcophagus plastics was a really bad choice, imo.

#6419 3 years ago

Cheers fellas. I appreciate the help.

#6420 3 years ago
Quoted from PStudart:

Hi Vireland! I shot the video , however as the plan was to make a short video, I do not put it in this one. But it will be on the next, maybe in 15 days it will be in the channel, with the same machine, but a different content. Will be 2 videos per pinball machine.
The ball falls through the sarcophagus, close to the drop targets area. There is no big change on the gameplay. For me, it was a fair trade, since the sarcophagus plastics was a really bad choice, imo.

That's a HUGE change in gameplay. The ball is supposed to be directed to the upper left flipper.

#6421 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's a HUGE change in gameplay. The ball is supposed to be directed to the upper left flipper.

I agree I don’t think anybody has developed a legit mod for that area on the premiums and LE’s yet correct?

#6422 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I agree I don’t think anybody has developed a legit mod for that area on the premiums and LE’s yet correct?

It would have to be kinda like the 3D Anubis I did where it's thin so it sits low enough to have plexi over it, but I'm not sure how you'd integrate the ball guide part without ruining the look.

#6423 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Bmanpin, I don´t know any either. So I made mine =)

But its just what I made in my machine. I know that for some guys its not a option. For others, it is.

#6424 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It would have to be kinda like the 3D Anubis I did where it's thin so it sits low enough to have plexi over it, but I'm not sure how you'd integrate the ball guide part without ruining the look.

I have an idea for this... just haven't had time to model it yet. Maybe a project for this weekend.

#6425 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You are correct. The ball should always go to the left flipper.

However, when the ball goes there, I don´t remember any special shot besides the usual loop and Xs. I can be wrong and please correct me if I am.

So, for me, was not a difficult decision... lol

#6426 3 years ago

I really hate those plastics...

#6427 3 years ago

I INVITE you guys to see this machine playing live today.

Here in Brazil, we are trying to "upgrade" the hobby =)

So, today we gonna announce two new youtube channels and also other project. Besides this Iron Maiden gameplay.

Unfortunately, it will be in portuguese, but you still can see how this mod plays.

It´s called LIVE CATCH PINBALL. And will be live at 20:00 (NY/USA).

twitch.tv/livecatchpinball

Hope see you there soon

#6428 3 years ago
Quoted from PStudart:

You are correct. The ball should always go to the left flipper.
However, when the ball goes there, I don´t remember any special shot besides the usual loop and Xs. I can be wrong and please correct me if I am.
So, for me, was not a difficult decision... lol

You at the very least get a free, easy shot on the captive ball to advance M-U-M-M-Y, plus an X, small loop, or target shot, depending on what's going on. You get none of that if it dumps it into the lobby in front of the targets. No chance to direct the ball.

Essentially, you're changing the way the game plays. Not a mod I would do for that reason.

#6429 3 years ago

It certainly appears possible to make a better sarco cover for the premium/LE games.

See diagram. Basically, start with something like the Lermods Pro mummy, but needs to be redesigned with its left hand down to guide the ball properly. Imagine a 3D print that is mostly flat up top but with an extruded left arm (shown in orange) and raised right arm. Top part designed so ball can roll down. Left hand should be facing down; my diagram sucks, but I'm confident someone with a 3D printer and more artistic talent could easily make a workable replacement.

im (resized).jpgim (resized).jpg
#6430 3 years ago

Looks like a great start, but how about with his arms folded and the left arm raised in height as you suggest?

#6432 3 years ago

But neither of those are sarcophagus images. They're alive. None of them would make sense as sarcophagus toppers. If you cur the sarcophagus short and use the LID as the redirection, that would be the closest to working within the theme, but there would be space/proportion considerations.

#6433 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You at the very least get a free, easy shot on the captive ball to advance M-U-M-M-Y, plus an X, small loop, or target shot, depending on what's going on. You get none of that if it dumps it into the lobby in front of the targets. No chance to direct the ball.
Essentially, you're changing the way the game plays. Not a mod I would do for that reason.

I understand and respect your position, Vireland

As I said before, some guys will not bother with this change, others will. And it´s allright.

Hope you enjoyed some other mod and thank you for your feedback.

#6434 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

It certainly appears possible to make a better sarco cover for the premium/LE games.
See diagram. Basically, start with something like the Lermods Pro mummy, but needs to be redesigned with its left hand down to guide the ball properly. Imagine a 3D print that is mostly flat up top but with an extruded left arm (shown in orange) and raised right arm. Top part designed so ball can roll down. Left hand should be facing down; my diagram sucks, but I'm confident someone with a 3D printer and more artistic talent could easily make a workable replacement.[quoted image]

Very nice idea!

#6435 3 years ago
Quoted from PStudart:

I INVITE you guys to see this machine playing live today.
Here in Brazil, we are trying to "upgrade" the hobby =)
So, today we gonna announce two new youtube channels and also other project. Besides this Iron Maiden gameplay.
Unfortunately, it will be in portuguese, but you still can see how this mod plays.
It´s called LIVE CATCH PINBALL. And will be live at 20:00 (NY/USA).
twitch.tv/livecatchpinball
Hope see you there soon

And thank you guys so much for your presence in this live today!

It was awesome, we have so many foreign watchers today as never before!

Thanks for helping brazilian pinball to rise!

As soon as the second IM video is online, I let you know.

See ya

#6436 3 years ago

Newton ball orb help.

The mechanism when hit moves as intended (pin is the newer version) but doesn’t result in any movement of the white saucer/connection arm underneath the play field.

Ive tested the switches and when they connect they work as intended.

Tried adjusting the switch so close the shaker and bumpers would set it off but not the actual hit still.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
EricKong

#6437 3 years ago

Make sure the connection arm is actually connected to the ball. I can unscrew mine and tighten them. Make sure that it is screwed on tight to the ball, such that when the ball moves so does the connection arm..

#6438 3 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

Make sure the connection arm is actually connected to the ball. I can unscrew mine and tighten them. Make sure that it is screwed on tight to the ball, such that when the ball moves so does the connection arm..

It’s connected. Both the ball and spike can rotate still and when the ball is hit the spike moves to the outside of the white saucer- but that’s the end of the motion - the impact on the saucer isn’t enough to move the connection arm at all.

Ty for the help

#6439 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But neither of those are sarcophagus images. They're alive. None of them would make sense as sarcophagus toppers. If you cur the sarcophagus short and use the LID as the redirection, that would be the closest to working within the theme, but there would be space/proportion considerations.

Maybe one could do a sarcophagus lid, but have it look like it was busted, broken away or cracked in a way that would direct the ball to the left.

#6440 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I should be all set, stern said they would ship it out. That being said I never received the wireform and herman protector for my Munsters Prem

upper loop plate came yesterday.
Installation was a breeze, mylar peeled off in one piece just a bit of cleaning and dropped it in

#6441 3 years ago
Quoted from PStudart:

And thank you guys so much for your presence in this live today!
It was awesome, we have so many foreign watchers today as never before!
Thanks for helping brazilian pinball to rise!
As soon as the second IM video is online, I let you know.
See ya

I think your pin looks awesome and I personally want to thank you for taking the time to post the video here and on Youtube. Well edited and we need more pinball videos from the community like this, regardless if you like the mods or not. Keep up the good work!

#6442 3 years ago

When the post it note was making the rounds at Stern saying "update IM code", somebody should have been more specific. Nice to see Iron Man get an update but I'm stuck at home during quarantine and I would kill for a Maiden update right about now. If an extra track or two were added like Metallica that would be extra amazing. Maybe count my loop jackpots toward my loop extra ball? I still wouldnt get one at 50 loops but I would be a lot closer.

#6443 3 years ago

Id like a left flipper start button game kill like others have
Cant tell you how many times I bump the start button

#6444 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Are you drunk?

#6445 3 years ago

not all the time,

#6446 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Only happens to me on games with a lockdown button. I will lean in to read the playfield inserts/art and check out shots (on games I am unfamiliar with) and hit that button. (No I'm not fat lol)

#6447 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Only happens to me on games with a lockdown button. I will lean in to read the playfield inserts/art and check out shots (on games I am unfamiliar with) and hit that button. (No I'm not fat lol)

Wait, your Iron Maiden doesn't have a lockdown button? Canada, always getting the short end of the stick...
iron_maiden_lockdown-bar-button.jpgiron_maiden_lockdown-bar-button.jpg

#6448 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wait, your Iron Maiden doesn't have a lockdown button? Canada, always getting the short end of the stick...
[quoted image]

Canada didn't get lockdown button too bad for them.

#6449 3 years ago

My Canadian le doesn't have a lockdown button.

What is the point on this game anyway?

Also, it can be deactivated in menu settings can't it?

#6450 3 years ago

In the states and my pro does not have the lockdown button either. Don't know what it would be used for on this game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
There are 15,651 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 314.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/129?hl=bmanpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.