(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,641 posts
  • 1,039 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by Sorokyl
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8120 (resized).png
IMG_8121 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240325_110734_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_110223_Gmail (resized).jpg
20240322_134838 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 313.
#6351 3 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

I'd love to see some photos once it's in the machine and backlit! I'm doing a retheme as well and haven't pulled the trigger on a translite yet.

I’ll post some tonight

#6352 3 years ago

I think it turned out pretty nice.

32C585D1-0886-45EF-8AB1-6A9FC543C434 (resized).jpeg32C585D1-0886-45EF-8AB1-6A9FC543C434 (resized).jpeg41ACD6BF-555F-48CB-A6BB-791CB64F1A96 (resized).jpeg41ACD6BF-555F-48CB-A6BB-791CB64F1A96 (resized).jpegB27BD39C-A9A6-4F1A-A2E3-AFE6E93474E6 (resized).jpegB27BD39C-A9A6-4F1A-A2E3-AFE6E93474E6 (resized).jpeg
#6353 3 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

I think it turned out pretty nice.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

lol, that's pretty great. You got me thinking about changing the music on my maiden - do you by chance have a list of the stock songs used with their respective lengths?

And any tips or pointers for replacing music? I haven't looked into it. I'm just starting to look through the pinball browser thread on pinside.

#6354 3 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

lol, that's pretty great. You got me thinking about changing the music on my maiden - do you by chance have a list of the stock songs used with their respective lengths?
And any tips or pointers for replacing music? I haven't looked into it. I'm just starting to look through the pinball browser thread on pinside.

The replacement songs don’t have to be exactly the same length, however what mp3 file you do drop in has to be the same length. I have 26 songs loaded into my maiden, but that involved fading and mixing tracks to equal the length of the existing tracks.

For example, Rime of Ancient Mariner is like 12 minutes or something, I did a mashup of 4-5 songs to cover that entire track.

#6355 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinball-mix-your-music-in-your-machine

I used him. He does a great job and will incorporate any music that you want. The beauty of it is that it is put on an SD card and can be put back stock in 3 seconds. Different queen music is blended into the code just like stock. For example. When aces high begins, the music is “One vision”

#6356 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

The replacement songs don’t have to be exactly the same length, however what mp3 file you do drop in has to be the same length. I have 26 songs loaded into my maiden, but that involved fading and mixing tracks to equal the length of the existing tracks.
For example, Rime of Ancient Mariner is like 12 minutes or something, I did a mashup of 4-5 songs to cover that entire track.

Do you need pinsound for this to work, or can you do it with a stock IM?

#6357 3 years ago

Late to club and looking for the Delta9 topper. Long shot, but LMK if you may part with one.
Placed a WTB ad. Thx all

#6358 3 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Do you need pinsound for this to work, or can you do it with a stock IM?

Stock and it sounds great. On mine I even added a Polk 10” powered sub. Outstanding!

#6359 3 years ago

Just finished up installing pinwoofer kit in Iron Maiden Premium, man this sounds so clear. This is my third kit, can't recommend this upgrade enough. Removed the external sub on the first two games and the bass is so good with the powered sub inside the cabinet now.

#6360 3 years ago

Does anyone have experience here with the black Pinball that says “Eddie Lives” on it? Recommended or
No?

#6361 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Does anyone have experience here with the black Pinball that says “Eddie Lives” on it? Recommended or
No?

I have a hard enough time tracking the ball sometimes, let alone have a black one to try and see. Might look good on the sarcophagus.

#6362 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

No?

Are you talking about the black pearl balls from Back Alley? If so, I bought a few for a couple of games a number of years ago, and I'll never get them again. It was cool to look at for about a day, then I started realizing how hard they were to follow.

#6363 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Are you talking about the black pearl balls from Back Alley? If so, I bought a few for a couple of games a number of years ago, and I'll never get them again. It was cool to look at for about a day, then I started realizing how hard they were to follow.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-EDL

Yep pretty sure that’s the same one. I just bought one, maybe because I am bored.

#6364 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

No?

I have 3 of them. Neat look but they seem to be just a tad lighter and play differently. I did keep 1 in just to mix it up

#6365 3 years ago

I got mine from cointaker. They have several designs

#6366 3 years ago

Very happy to say I joined the club today. It's one of the most fun pins I've played. I love it.

IM front shot (resized).jpgIM front shot (resized).jpg
#6367 3 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Very happy to say I joined the club today. It's one of the most fun pins I've played. I love it.[quoted image]

Score! Here’s to keeping the economy going!

#6368 3 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Very happy to say I joined the club today. It's one of the most fun pins I've played. I love it.[quoted image]

Congrats. It's an all timer. 1 suggestion, get spots to light the center play field. Easier to see the ball and can appreciate the awesome artwork.

#6369 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Score! Here’s to keeping the economy going!

Haha, right. Doing our best.

#6370 3 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Congrats. It's an all timer. 1 suggestion, get spots to light the center play field. Easier to see the ball and can appreciate the awesome artwork.

Yeah, there's a bit of a deadzone in the middle. Spot light would be ideal solution. Considered pinstadium, but I hate the banding.

#6371 3 years ago

I have spotlights in mine and the pics are just up there if you want a reference.

#6372 3 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Yeah, there's a bit of a deadzone in the middle. Spot light would be ideal solution. Considered pinstadium, but I hate the banding.

Dont worry about banding if u get tha diffuser w tha set... awesomeness

#6373 3 years ago

Installed PinWoofer last night. I turned it up and whoooaaa, it packs a punch! Checked outside to make certain it wasn't too loud; it was. There's a feel to the Beast's voice now and the end-game bonus provides a nice, sharp, bang, bang, bang, bang. It's pretty neat.

The factory sound was garbled at the beginning of Flight of Icarus. I hoped PinWoofer would eliminate it. It might be better, but it's still there. I wonder if it has to do with the +/- gain settings (for every (+) there needs to be a (-) to prevent distortion). I dunno'.

The full speaker system and settings with 2 amps produces highs and lows missing from the factory setup. The sound boost is much more alive and the bass is sharp. I think every music pin should have something like this; it's really nice.

#6374 3 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

I have spotlights in mine and the pics are just up there if you want a reference.

Yours is really loaded! Are you happy with all of your mods? Any one or two you'd recommend most? The Orb mod seems like a safe bet.

#6375 3 years ago

Loving maiden! Cure for the lockdown blues!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6376 3 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Yours is really loaded! Are you happy with all of your mods? Any one or two you'd recommend most? The Orb mod seems like a safe bet.

I honestly love them all. The archway, , sarcophagus, and orb mod are great, and I am partial to the pyramid I made as well. On my machine it breaks up the feel since most of my mods are on the right.

#6377 3 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I just finished putting my Pinwoofer Super kit in my Premium. Added some torch mods, and a sarcophagus mod. Got my 3D Anubis from PinMonk but I need to paint it first. It'll go in when I get the flasher mods / color brackets from him next week. I traded my munsters premium in on my IMDN premium a couple weeks ago and couldn't be happier. Definitely was a smart move. It's sitting next to my AC/DC Premium Vault, and my Stern Jurassic Park Premium.[quoted image]

Has it given you any issues yet?

#6378 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Has it given you any issues yet?

Nope, no issues.

#6379 3 years ago

Best game yet amazing ball 1 for me then fizzled out ended at 577mil.
both pics at end of ball 1 going into extra ball 1

I struggle to hit left and right ramp consistently

20200408_153635 (resized).jpg20200408_153635 (resized).jpg20200408_153640 (resized).jpg20200408_153640 (resized).jpg
#6380 3 years ago

Nice one. Only had it 2 days, but my best is 273 mil. The ramps are my biggest challenge too. Flight of Brickerus indeed.

#6381 3 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Nice one. Only had it 2 days, but my best is 273 mil. The ramps are my biggest challenge too. Flight of Brickerus indeed.

got that right, I am the brick

#6382 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

The factory sound was garbled at the beginning of Flight of Icarus.

RockfordReplay - can you post a video or audio clip of what you're hearing? Thanks!

#6383 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

rockfordreplay - can you post a video or audio clip of what you're hearing? Thanks!

10-4. Will do.

#6384 3 years ago

The link should play at 4:30 (where Flight of Icarus starts). It's tough to hear; when the mode starts, the sound is 'static-y' for a few seconds then it snaps clear. I felt this was due to the pin's amp not able to keep up. Perhaps it's the recording.

#6385 3 years ago

The link should play at 4:30 (where Flight of Icarus starts). It's tough to hear; when the mode starts, the sound is 'static-y' for a few seconds then it snaps clear. I felt this was due to the pin's amp not able to keep up. Perhaps it's the recording.

It sounds like some kind of software limiting. The on-board amp is pretty wimpy, maybe they have something in the software to protect it. What revision is your CPU board? I know they route the cabinet speaker and have a sub out on some revisions that other CPU boards don't have. Maybe the revision is why some people can clearly hear it while others can't.

If people report their CPU board revision (screened on the bottom edge of the board below the heat sink), it might shed some light on the root cause.

The board revisions I know about are:
199-7031-00X
X can be A, B or D

OR

199-7031-00C and 520-7031-01E which are the revisions with the extra pin for woofer out

#6386 3 years ago

I got my auto launch almost perfect, haven’t had a missed loop yet! I bought the higher coil and it doesn’t need it. All I did on my game, was to not tighten the hex bolt at the end of the guide rail to the playfield. It was left just a little loose to not tweak the rails natural position when otherwise tightened to the playfield changes it just a little. Worked for me.

#6387 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It sounds like some kind of software limiting... ...If people report their CPU board revision (screened on the bottom edge of the board below the heat sink), it might shed some light on the root cause.

My IMDN is 199-7031-00C

#6388 3 years ago

In the menu check feature adjustments option #171 (rev V1.06.0) and report back on what "Music Attenuation" is set to. If you are less than the default of "0" (less than zero meaning negative attenuation or boost) the music may be overdriving the preamp in the audio section at times. (In earlier versions this setting was "Music Volume" #47 in the adjustments menu.) It's a long shot but worth looking at.

Also, I assume that you've got the bbox bass frequency set to 250Hz and the backbox bass level set to -6dB.

Just something to check.

Thanks

#6389 3 years ago

Just read through 500 posts to catch up in here. Feel like I should get an Eddie card for that.

#6390 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

...check feature adjustments option #171 (rev V1.06.0) and report back on what "Music Attenuation" is set to...

Music Attenuation is 0 and v1.06.0 is installed. The Bbox Bass Frequency is 250Hz and the Bbox Bass Level is -6.75.

The latest test (used in the video sample):
Bbox; 250Hz,-6.75dB,8Khz,+6.75dB
Cab; 250Hz,+1.125dB,4Khz,-1.125dB

#6391 3 years ago

Music Attenuation is 0 and v1.06.0 is installed. The Bbox Bass Frequency is 250Hz and the Bbox Bass Level is -6.75.
The latest test (used in the video sample):
Bbox; 250Hz,-6.75dB,8Khz,+6.75dB
Cab; 250Hz,+1.125dB,4Khz,-1.125dB

I've noticed that my music level is quieter in realative terms compared to some of the sound effects, which are blaring. It may sound counterintuitive but you might try reducing the music attenuation to -1 or -2 so that the music becomes more prominent compared to the effects which will allow you to reduce the menu volume and perhaps that takes the edge off. I'll try the same thing when I get a moment.

#6392 3 years ago

Do you have an IMDN premium or LE? Wanna kick some ass in a tournament?

Hey guys, I'm trying to set up an online tournament for next Friday (April 17th), and I'm trying to recruit participants that have one of the games I have. I'm going to be posting this in each of the forums for the games I own, so I apologize in advance if you get this more than once.

The tournament would be on a single game and take place over zoom. It sounds like it could be a hell of a good time.

Please head over here for info: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/online-tournament-over-zoom-#post-5587755

#6393 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

...might try reducing the music attenuation to -1 or -2 so that the music becomes more prominent compared to the effects which will allow you to reduce the menu volume and perhaps that takes the edge off.

I played around with the sound settings and have not found a setting that betters or worsens the issue.

I'm confident the sound issue is tied to the factory 'game-play' track;
-Base Machine Volume (game-play): 12 (default)
-Music Attenuation (raised or lowers from BaseMV): 0 (default)
-Speech Attenuation (raised or lowers from BaseMV): 0 (default)

#6394 3 years ago

I've read someone in this thread about different colored plunger springs where one is more powerful than the other . Which are they?

#6395 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I've read someone in this thread about different colored plunger springs where one is more powerful than the other . Which are they?

https://ty-ffasi.com/shooter-spring-cross-reference/

#6396 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

My issue is the plunger shafts are not long enough. Mine is about 1/4" before touching the ball. Need to get a longer one than the stock stern shafts. The aftermarket ones I have put on Metallica and Iron Man have so much more kick, I actually had to tone them down some.

#6397 3 years ago

Exact same here, specially Flight of Icarus.

If you set all to the default it will be better.

It isn’t software, I tried a pinball pro sub and kept doing it. Then connected it to external sub direct and now sounds perfect!

#6398 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Exact same here, specially Flight of Icarus.
If you set all to the default it will be better.
It isn’t software, I tried a pinball pro sub and kept doing it. Then connected it to external sub direct and now sounds perfect!

I haven't experienced this in mine either stock or with the current Pinwoofer speaker upgrade. I wonder if it is the way the speaker wires routed that you are picking up electrical noise which is audible during more quiet periods.

#6399 3 years ago

There are at least 3 soundtracks for this machine (base game-play, music and voice). I'm certain the odd sound is isolated to the game-play track.

I suspect they placed a sound overlay. It's a symbol-like noise at the beginning of Flight of Icarus that sounds like distortion.

#6400 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

[quoted image]
In the far back middle loop to the left of the up post, see video in post before this...

Anyone have the part number for this plate?
The one that replaces worn mylar on rear loop/orbit under sarcophagus.
Sent an email to stern and got an immediate response and a warranty order number. I will update if it has a part number.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 39.00
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/128?hl=red-line and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.