(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,827 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 minutes ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6818 (resized).png
IMG_6737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6730 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6733 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 317.
#6301 4 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I did that and Star Wars recognized the shaker right away. It acts like it’s not even there. Settings were set to max on shaker menu

I'm only going off memory but I feel like there are separate settings for on/off and intensity. I'd check through the menus just to see that you in fact have it set to on AND at max. All I have for you at the moment. The shaker is amazing in this game. Good luck

#6302 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm only going off memory but I feel like there are separate settings for on/off and intensity. I'd check through the menus just to see that you in fact have it set to on AND at max. All I have for you at the moment. The shaker is amazing in this game. Good luck

Adjustment (#1, game-specific options) choices are:
NONE
Minimal
Moderate
Long Use
Maximal

#6303 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Adjustment (#1, game-specific options) choices are:
NONE
Minimal
Moderate
Long Use
Maximal

Yep I have been there done that have it set to max but shaker still coming up as optional it might be just a bad motor so I ordered another one hopefully that’s the issue otherwise I’m at a loss.

#6304 4 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Yep I have been there done that have it set to max but shaker still coming up as optional it might be just a bad motor so I ordered another one hopefully that’s the issue otherwise I’m at a loss.

It says optional even once you select a setting. That's normal.

#6305 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It says optional even once you select a setting. That's normal.

Well now I am at a loss I’m pretty sure my Star Wars Pin says “installed” once it’s actually hooked up but I could be wrong maybe iron maiden is different I think I’ll have to try the 12 V battery route just to verify.

#6306 4 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Well now I am at a loss I’m pretty sure my Star Wars Pin says “installed” once it’s actually hooked up but I could be wrong maybe iron maiden is different I think I’ll have to try the 12 V battery route just to verify.

It blinks "installed" briefly when you change a setting and confirm it (it's talking about the SETTING choice being installed and is old-school Stern. It's not talking about HARDWARE being installed), but that doesn't get rid of the "optional" on the name of the adjustment.

#6307 4 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I did that and Star Wars recognized the shaker right away. It acts like it’s not even there. Settings were set to max on shaker menu

Are all the CN2 pins lined up correctly with the connector (not shifted one pin)? Red wire loop on the left and blue loop on the right when plugged in?

Do you have a picture of it plugged into the board with the CN2 connector?

#6308 4 years ago

So im deeply in love with my IMDN pro, I also have a ST Premium and have owned a Munsters Premium.

What games to you guys have that keep you coming back for more like IMDN

#6309 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

So im deeply in love with my IMDN pro, I also have a ST Premium and have owned a Munsters Premium.

AC/DC BiBLE
Highly addictive with audio and light show that will make your head explode !

#6310 4 years ago

Ac/dc pro was on location at my favorite watering hole. loved the game but partially because I could be aggressive with it. I felt the ball physics were off. same issue with another one on location near me, felt like the ball was a super ball

Also not trying to derail this thread just looking for input from like minded owners.

#6311 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Ac/dc pro was on location at my favorite watering hole. loved the game but partially because I could be aggressive with it. I felt the ball physics were off. same issue with another one on location near me, felt like the ball was a super ball
Also not trying to derail this thread just looking for input from like minded owners.

AC/DC Pro is brutal and not much fun, I would suggest a premium at a minimum

#6312 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are all the CN2 pins lined up correctly with the connector (not shifted one pin)? Red wire loop on the left and blue loop on the right when plugged in?
Do you have a picture of it plugged into the board with the CN2 connector?

Yes everything was set exactly
like SW and no pins bent, I pulled the shaker out for now so don’t have a pic. I was thinking the connector may not have pierced the wires enough to make it through wire insulation on the orange connector. I’m about to hook it up to a battery to see if she spins at all.

#6313 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

AC/DC BiBLE
Highly addictive with audio and light show that will make your head explode !

I just finished putting my Pinwoofer Super kit in my Premium. Added some torch mods, and a sarcophagus mod. Got my 3D Anubis from PinMonk but I need to paint it first. It'll go in when I get the flasher mods / color brackets from him next week. I traded my munsters premium in on my IMDN premium a couple weeks ago and couldn't be happier. Definitely was a smart move. It's sitting next to my AC/DC Premium Vault, and my Stern Jurassic Park Premium.

20200329_122710 (resized).jpg20200329_122710 (resized).jpg
#6314 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I just finished putting my Pinwoofer Super kit in my Premium. Added some torch mods, and a sarcophagus mod. Got my 3D Anubis from PinMonk but I need to paint it first. It'll go in when I get the flasher mods / color brackets from him next week. I traded my munsters premium in on my IMDN premium a couple weeks ago and couldn't be happier. Definitely was a smart move. It's sitting next to my AC/DC Premium Vault, and my Stern Jurassic Park Premium.[quoted image]

Doesn't that sarcophagus interfere with letting the ball roll off the top when there's already a ball locked?

#6315 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Deadpool
Game of Thrones
Star Wars

#6316 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Doesn't that sarcophagus interfere with letting the ball roll off the top when there's already a ball locked?

I haven't had any issues I recognize yet. I had to remove this piece which seems like it would interfere.

20200329_123114 (resized).jpg20200329_123114 (resized).jpg
#6317 4 years ago

But then again, I just got it and haven't played much. Been working A LOT! Maybe there's something Im missing...... @vireland.

#6318 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I haven't had any issues I recognize yet. I had to remove this piece which seems like it would interfere.[quoted image]

Yeah, that's the piece that guides the ball to the left and down to the mini-flipper when the captive ball is already full. I don't know if that will work right with the sarcophagus head in the way now.

#6319 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, that's the piece that guides the ball to the left and down to the mini-flipper when the captive ball is already full. I don't know if that will work right with the sarcophagus head in the way now.

Hmmmm. Well, Hell, I should just relocate it. But it looked good there. Much better than the stacked plastics. Damn! Well that's a buzz kill. It's only double back taped so it can be moved.

#6320 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Hmmmm. Well, Hell, I should just relocate it. But it looked good there. Much better than the stacked plastics. Damn! Well that's a buzz kill. It's only double back taped so it can be moved.

If someone designed a smaller one that integrated the ball guides, it could still look great, but it would require much more than off-the-shelf work. Pretty sure that's why it hasn't been done yet.

#6321 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If someone designed a smaller one that integrated the ball guides, it could still look great, but it would require much more than off-the-shelf work. Pretty sure that's why it hasn't been done yet.

Eh' em. If there ever was a man to accomplish this task; it is the genius of Pinmonk.

#6322 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Eh' em. If there ever was a man to accomplish this task; it is the genius of Pinmonk.

Thanks, but you might be overstating the reality a wee bit.

My unfinished projects are stacking up across multiple machines. First 80% is the easy part. Last 20% SUCKS.

#6323 4 years ago

Yep. I understand. I have a great respect for what you do.

#6324 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Deadpool

#6325 4 years ago

Anyone kno... i had someone do a custom soundtrack on an sd card... if new code drops, do i need to put the original sd card in the game and forget about the custom soundtrack? Or is ok to keep the custom sd card in and perform an update?

#6326 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Anyone kno... i had someone do a custom soundtrack on an sd card... if new code drops, do i need to put the original sd card in the game and forget about the custom soundtrack? Or is ok to keep the custom sd card in and perform an update?

The update will wipe everything out. Once the update is done, you will need the person who made your custom music bed to redo it.

#6327 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks, but you might be overstating the reality a wee bit.
My unfinished projects are stacking up across multiple machines. First 80% is the easy part. Last 20% SUCKS.

That's well put and applies to most projects in my life.

#6328 4 years ago

Well poop.

#6329 4 years ago

Have you guys seen these?
Finally someone made the Egypt theme from Powerslave

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/?s=iron+maiden&post_type=product

iron-maiden-powerslave-alternate-pinball-translite-backglass-flipper-display (resized).jpgiron-maiden-powerslave-alternate-pinball-translite-backglass-flipper-display (resized).jpg

iron-maiden-killers-alternate-pinball-translite-backglass-flipper-display (resized).jpgiron-maiden-killers-alternate-pinball-translite-backglass-flipper-display (resized).jpg

#6330 4 years ago

Aw man, I just did a double take. Stern released new code for Iron Man. I got excited for a fraction of a second as i thought it said Iron Maiden.

#6331 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Aw man, I just did a double take. Stern released new code for Iron Man. I got excited for a fraction of a second as i thought it said Iron Maiden.

Iron Man code is bigger news than you think

#6332 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Iron Man code is bigger news than you think

Didnt say it wasnt big news. I dont own an Iron Man though.

#6333 4 years ago

Unfortunately there does not seem to be any real urgency for completing our code update.

#6334 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Unfortunately there does not seem to be any real urgency for completing our code update.

Umm, we are in the middle of a pandemic. Stern sent everyone home. I'm sure there is some limitations to what Keith can do while working from home verus in the office. Plus, my guess is since he is working on game 4 already, he's probably putting more efforts into the future of Stern, versus the past. With the factory shut down, they are going to need to come out of this pandemic with a grand slam title, so maybe his efforts are focus on that more than IMDN.

Does this game need an update? Absolutely and it's in the works. But the game will still rock on without that update. Patience is a virtue.

#6335 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Pretty sure real life has intruded. I'm fine with Keith and Co taking care of themselves and their families over pushing out code.

But I will be very happy when it comes.

#6336 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Umm, we are in the middle of a pandemic. Stern sent everyone home. I'm sure there is some limitations to what Keith can do while working from home verus in the office. Plus, my guess is since he is working on game 4 already, he's probably putting more efforts into the future of Stern, versus the past. With the factory shut down, they are going to need to come out of this pandemic with a grand slam title, so maybe his efforts are focus on that more than IMDN.
Does this game need an update? Absolutely and it's in the works. But the game will still rock on without that update. Patience is a virtue.

game 4!?!?

#6337 4 years ago

Yeah, Elwin's 3rd game is done and he's working on the 4th.

#6338 4 years ago

I was under the impression that Rick Naegele and crew handled maiden code.
Guessing he's been too busy with JP and KME's game 3 perhaps ?

#6339 4 years ago

Getting my Maiden by the end of the week hopefully. Is this a good game to get a shaker motor for? I imagine not every game benefits that much from one.

#6340 4 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Getting my Maiden by the end of the week hopefully. Is this a good game to get a shaker motor for? I imagine not every game benefits that much from one.

I personally really like it with a shaker motor. Integration is good.

Pinball life has them for $79. We put out a lot of Sterns on a route. We used one Stern shaker, one cointaker Red tremor shaker (NEVER get this, terrible), and all the rest were pinball life ones.

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

#6341 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I personally really like it with a shaker motor. Integration is good

I'm yet to be convinced that having a shaker motor is beneficial in the long term. I've played a few machines with them and do agree it adds to the experience but i guess i'm more concerned that over time it's going to loosen screws, vibrate parts, etc. Is there any evidence out there that suggests one way or the other from long term use?

#6342 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I'm yet to be convinced that having a shaker motor is beneficial in the long term. I've played a few machines with them and do agree it adds to the experience but i guess i'm more concerned that over time it's going to loosen screws, vibrate parts, etc. Is there any evidence out there that suggests one way or the other from long term use?

Stuff comes loose (screws, etc) under the playfield, but that can happen from flipper vibration, too.

I helped an operator with all his route pins for about 5 years (up until just a couple months ago) and all of them had shaker motors. The machines were well-maintained (by me), but we never had a shaker-related problem with any of them, and they got a LOT more shaking on location than one will ever get in a home environment.

#6343 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Good point,

Although, my factory one is at max and shakes the shit out the machine and all is well
No loose screws apart from me

I am finally getting opportunity to put on some games on my LE.
The code for shaker on Maiden is primitive-basic............ it's all or none, Such a shame as the game is so amazing.

Here's hoping coders have time/resources to take shaker code to next level. A great deal of cool shaker effects could enhance gameplay.

Speaking of code I'm super happy that audio was refined, Jerry did a fantastic job and the team that sorted out the software mixing issues did very well.

Now............ If we could have Jukebox please , please, please !

Really looking forward to next update

#6344 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Plenty of good Last Action Hero and DE Jurassic Park still rumbling around collections and arcades 25yrs later. Most of which would have been in arenas, arcades, bowling alleys or pizza joints for the first half of their lives. Get a shaker. Its worth the gamble imo

#6345 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stuff comes loose (screws, etc) under the playfield, but that can happen from flipper vibration, too.
I helped an operator with all his route pins for about 5 years (up until just a couple months ago) and all of them had shaker motors. The machines were well-maintained (by me), but we never had a shaker-related problem with any of them, and they got a LOT more shaking on location than one will ever get in a home environment.

I was finally able to get my shaker working. Had to get a new shaker though. Much better experience on top of an already amazing pin! Yes I did add the cover to the shaker .

867329DA-EA9F-481F-B097-7AD44DE34B38 (resized).jpeg867329DA-EA9F-481F-B097-7AD44DE34B38 (resized).jpegF31A7DDD-2B3A-47CA-91FB-FC05405A6C4B (resized).jpegF31A7DDD-2B3A-47CA-91FB-FC05405A6C4B (resized).jpeg
#6346 4 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I was finally able to get my shaker working. Had to get a new shaker though. Much better experience on top of an already amazing pin! Yes I did add the cover to the shaker .[quoted image][quoted image]

So the first shaker was just defective?

#6347 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So the first shaker was just defective?

Yep! Drove me nuts! Thought I was doing something wrong

#6348 4 years ago

Changed my Pro’s music to Queen a while back. So figured I’d make an alternate Translite. gameongrafix.com did an awesome job and got it to me in just about 5 days including shipping.

F89B167B-2B98-4880-8792-A2EBAFBB5854 (resized).jpegF89B167B-2B98-4880-8792-A2EBAFBB5854 (resized).jpeg
#6349 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Changed my Pro’s music to Queen a while back. So figured I’d make an alternate Translite. gameongrafix.com did an awesome job and got it to me in just about 5 days including shipping.[quoted image]

I'd love to see some photos once it's in the machine and backlit! I'm doing a retheme as well and haven't pulled the trigger on a translite yet.

#6350 4 years ago

I decided to just put it off until the new code gets released but I'm.itchi g to swap out Can I play with madness (I have a pro) for "Dont stop me now". The 2 songs are only 1 second apart in length. (Id also swap out "wasted years" but its tied into cyborg mb. Other than that I'm good. I loved Maiden already before I owned the game so I'm a very happy guy as is.
Better than Metallica where my favorite album is kill em all and the game had one track from it. Met is so heavily bogged down with Black album garbage for mass appeal. Kill em all, ride the lightning, master of puppets. No need to keep going after that imo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/127?hl=cthomas1998 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.