(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,827 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png
IMG_6818 (resized).png
IMG_6737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6730 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6733 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 317.
#6251 4 years ago

A tip for the underworld mylar:

I pulled mine when fixing pooling and made a template for the mylar and then split the template in two. This means I'll only have to replace the thin piece every year or so when it wears from the ramp hammering it. The two pieces fit together flush, unlike the pic

IMG_20190923_194626 (resized).jpgIMG_20190923_194626 (resized).jpg:

#6252 4 years ago

Hey did anyone adjust their slingshot power? Mine have always seemed over the top strong. Feature adjustment #62 factory default is 32. Did anyone adjust lower? Thanks and hope you all are hanging in.

#6253 4 years ago

I lowered my slingshots to 25 and like the way it plays. It’s your own preference of course, so play around with it.

#6254 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I lowered my slingshots to 25 and like the way it plays. It’s your own preference of course, so play around with it.

Ok. That’s what I was thinking. Will mess around with it. Thanks!

Nice bang for your buck collection collection you got there also

#6255 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Just joined the club today! My distributor is delivering a NIB Premium next week! Traded a Munsters Premium in for it. Got bored with Munsters, wanted something to keep my interest. Now, to read thru all these posts.....

Congrats and good trade!

#6256 4 years ago
A6E5552E-8781-410A-96A5-77B70E0AE00D (resized).jpegA6E5552E-8781-410A-96A5-77B70E0AE00D (resized).jpeg
#6257 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

[quoted image]

Lol I bought those Funkos for the same reason.

#6258 4 years ago

Digging my newly added Aces High topper! Highly interactive and recommended accordingly!

20200315_181943 (resized).jpg20200315_181943 (resized).jpg

#6259 4 years ago

Just got a new pro running 1.05. Definitely update to 1.06?

#6260 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Digging my newly added Aces High topper! Highly interactive and recommended accordingly!
[quoted image]

Looking good! I really like mine.

#6261 4 years ago

Some scores to shoot for, or shoot down 3balls, extra balls on.

*EDIT* I got NOTB today, but failed miserably

#6262 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Just got a new pro running 1.05. Definitely update to 1.06?

Yes, 1.05 has problems

1.07 + should be released any day now hopefully.

#6263 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yes, 1.05 has problems
1.07 + should be released any day now hopefully.

Thanks. It's taking me forever to get through all this. I think I'm up to page 63. Then I saw the 1.06 bug thread, and that's a few pages long.

#6264 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Thanks. It's taking me forever to get through all this. I think I'm up to page 63. Then I saw the 1.06 bug thread, and that's a few pages long.

Pretty sure the bug thread is from launch and the title has just been updated with each code update. The thread should not be about 1.06 exclusively if memory serves.
You want 1.06 though.

#6265 4 years ago

Got it. Having a blast.

#6266 4 years ago

Finally got to NOTB and actually defeated him Drained soon after that. Ended up with 1.592 billion score. Almost never get to 2M2M let alone the beast. God I love this game

#6267 4 years ago

I mistakenly purchased the Neca 8" figures for my IMDN.

7" may have been more suitable.

I kneecapped both of them and ended up happy with the results.

20200320_151405 (resized).jpg20200320_151405 (resized).jpg20200320_153255 (resized).jpg20200320_153255 (resized).jpg20200320_153259 (resized).jpg20200320_153259 (resized).jpg20200320_160324 (resized).jpg20200320_160324 (resized).jpg
#6268 4 years ago

Maiden down under tour canned !

mdn (resized).JPGmdn (resized).JPG
#6269 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Maiden down under tour canned

Yeah had tickets to this too but at least it's postponed not completely canceled, hopefully will be on again sometime later this year. I was pretty keen to see Killswitch also, never had the opportunity to see them live although i do prefer Howard as the man up front. BTW if you get into HJ's stuff check out his band Light The Torch

#6270 4 years ago

Guys. My machine is playing great but with one issue and its really cheesing me off.

So lately when I go to start my mummy mb. I hit the newton ball it pops the ball out into play. But, it won't trigger the start of multiball.
So then I hit it again. This time it reads that no ball is in the sarcophagus lock and so it launches a new ball into play.

Then when I drain out of mummy mb. Even if I have 2 balls left in play still, mb ends. Once the 2nd ball drains it registers as end of ball, even though I still have one ball left in play.

What really stinks though is. Any other multiball gets messed up. So if I start trooper afterwards. It'll kick an extra ball into play. Or aces high or rime.
The only good thing is. Once I drain out of MB for this mode. I'll still have 2 balls in play. But, now when the last ball drains. My ball doesn't end. It'll let me finish the other ball that's still in play.

Its a really weird glitch and it has killed some really good balls of mine. I'd like to fix it. The newton ball actually registers pretty dang well right now. So I don't think its an issue with it not reading me hitting that.
I'd like to fix this as this is my only outstanding issue on this pin and it get it back up to like 99%.

#6271 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Guys. My machine is playing great but with one issue and its really cheesing me off.
So lately when I go to start my mummy mb. I hit the newton ball it pops the ball out into play. But, it won't trigger the start of multiball.
So then I hit it again. This time it reads that no ball is in the sarcophagus lock and so it launches a new ball into play.
Then when I drain out of mummy mb. Even if I have 2 balls left in play still, mb ends. Once the 2nd ball drains it registers as end of ball, even though I still have one ball left in play.
What really stinks though is. Any other multiball gets messed up. So if I start trooper afterwards. It'll kick an extra ball into play. Or aces high or rime.
The only good thing is. Once I drain out of MB for this mode. I'll still have 2 balls in play. But, now when the last ball drains. My ball doesn't end. It'll let me finish the other ball that's still in play.
Its a really weird glitch and it has killed some really good balls of mine. I'd like to fix it. The newton ball actually registers pretty dang well right now. So I don't think its an issue with it not reading me hitting that.
I'd like to fix this as this is my only outstanding issue on this pin and it get it back up to like 99%.

I'd start by checking your ball trough. Sounds like a flaky opto in the trough because of a loose connection on the board that has the 2 prong connector. Widen the prongs a bit, reconnect. Very common on Sterns.

#6272 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd start by checking your ball trough. Sounds like a flaky opto in the trough because of a loose connection on the board that has the 2 prong connector. Widen the prongs a bit, reconnect. Very common on Sterns.

Widen the prongs?
So I'm going to have to solder them?

Any examples?
And you think its a flacky opto in the front ball trough or does the sarcophagus lock have its own ball trough? Again... I don't mean to be STUPID. I just am.
Just want to make certain before I do anything I understand what and how I am doing and why.

#6273 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Widen the prongs?
So I'm going to have to solder them?
Any examples?
And you think its a flacky opto in the front ball trough or does the sarcophagus lock have its own ball trough? Again... I don't mean to be STUPID. I just am.
Just want to make certain before I do anything I understand what and how I am doing and why.

The fact that it's serving you too many balls points to the ball trough.

You don't have to solder anything unless you eventually narrow it down to a cold/cracked solder joint (possible, but unlikely in this case).

If you look at the circuit boards on the ball trough (one on each side), one connector has three prongs and one has two prongs on the other side. It's the one with two prongs that's usually the issue. You just need to slide the plastic connector off, widen the prongs a little so they have more grab and then slide the connector back on.

#6274 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You don't have to solder anything unless you eventually narrow it down to a cold/cracked solder joint (possible, but unlikely in this case).
If you look at the circuit boards on the ball trough (one on each side), one connector has three prongs and one has two prongs on the other side. It's the one with two prongs that's usually the issue. You just need to slide the plastic connector off, widen the prongs a little so they have more grab and then slide the connector back on.

Okay. I'll look into that tomorrow. Thanks.

#6275 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Vic is onto it. Remove connector ball trough, have long nose pliers handy and carefully twist silver pins 45 this will help make better contact and most likely fix the problem.

#6276 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Also, check the switches for both the sarcophagus lock and the Newton ball. If the ball is coming out of the sarcophagus and not starting multiball, it would seem that the issues are there and not necessarily in the out trough. The premium/LE games can be tricky to adjust in this area. Go into test mode and use a ball, not a finger.

#6277 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I had this exact issue. It was making me crazy. I'll try to describe how I fixed it.

At first I thought it was the typical Newton ball issues, so I dialed that in. However, the Newton ball clearly works, because when you hit it a second the time, the mummy mb "starts". What it ended up being for me (and I'm betting it's the same for you) was the rollover switch at the back of the mummy trough area. I believe (and I'm sure someone here will correct me, if I'm mistaken) the rollover at the back is what actually starts the mb. The rollover on my machine wasnt sticking out vertically far enough to be triggered by the ball.

What I did was pull the glass off, and trigger the mummy ball lock area to do a ball search, and then when the ball search has the ball lock as high as it will go, turn the machine off. From that angle, you can get a small screwdriver in there to bend the rollover up. I did that, and have had zero issues with mummy mb since.

#6278 4 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

I had this exact issue. It was making me crazy. I'll try to describe how I fixed it.
At first I thought it was the typical Newton ball issues, so I dialed that in. However, the Newton ball clearly works, because when you hit it a second the time, the mummy mb "starts". What it ended up being for me (and I'm betting it's the same for you) was the rollover switch at the back of the mummy trough area. I believe (and I'm sure someone here will correct me, if I'm mistaken) the rollover at the back is what actually starts the mb. The rollover on my machine wasnt sticking out vertically far enough to be triggered by the ball.
What I did was pull the glass off, and trigger the mummy ball lock area to do a ball search, and then when the ball search has the ball lock as high as it will go, turn the machine off. From that angle, you can get a small screwdriver in there to bend the rollover up. I did that, and have had zero issues with mummy mb since.

What you said is interesting. I had a look at all the stuff suggested.
Well you can move the lock up and down in diagnostic mode. So I'll look into your idea.

But, I ran a switch test and it does appear to be firing when it gets knocked far enough back. And the ball trough seems to work fine until this little hickup in the game.
I did look into fixing the pins in the ball trough, But I don't understand what people are saying to do.
I was thinking that it could be the switch in the mummy lock still. Even though it seemed to register for me. It might not be registering as consistent as it needs to and that might be what is leading to the issues. I'm not certain.

All I am certain on is I took the time to wax my playfield since the glass was off and my game is playing fast and furious again. Such a wicked fast game. Super fun and brutal.

#6279 4 years ago

Check every roller switch in the mummy assy. I had a wire break off one of the sarco position switches, so the game saw it intermittently and caused similar problems to yours. The break was hidden by the heatshrink tubing which kept the connection good most of the time...

If the trough was bad you'd see problems in Trooper, Madness, Cyborg, etc.

#6280 4 years ago

I got a new Maiden last week (my first time owning a pin). We noticed that the machine needed to be leveled better. Now it is level, but the right side flippers are making a noise. The left side flipper sounds the same. The right side sounds the same when pressed but makes a kind of hollow clunking noise when it returns back to the down position. Is this something I should care about? I can't imaging why leveling the machine would introduce a new noise.

#6281 4 years ago
Quoted from pingrrrl:

I got a new Maiden last week (my first time owning a pin). We noticed that the machine needed to be leveled better. Now it is level, but the right side flippers are making a noise. The left side flipper sounds the same. The right side sounds the same when pressed but makes a kind of hollow clunking noise when it returns back to the down position. Is this something I should care about? I can't imaging why leveling the machine would introduce a new noise.

It's the upper right flipper. Very common on Maiden. The flipper bracket is too close to the cabinet, so it's echoing. You can put some car stereo noise-dampening material on the backside of the bracket to dull/stop the sound if it bothers you. It seems to come and go in intensity.

#6282 4 years ago

Thank you!

I'm thinking about getting a shaker motor. worth it?

For anyone in the future reading these threads wondering about buying the machine... I played the machine in a bar and loved it, but never really listened to Iron Maiden music. I bought it with the intention of changing the music with pinbrowser. I'm reluctant to mess with the music because I don't want to damage my new toy and after several games, we all discovered that we like the music.

#6283 4 years ago
Quoted from pingrrrl:

Thank you!
I'm thinking about getting a shaker motor. worth it?
For anyone in the future reading these threads wondering about buying the machine... I played the machine in a bar and loved it, but never really listened to Iron Maiden music. I bought it with the intention of changing the music with pinbrowser. I'm reluctant to mess with the music because I don't want to damage my new toy and after several games, we all discovered that we like the music.

Shaker motor is great on this machine IMO.

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

Also, the Stern art blades really finish the look.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-iron-maiden-art-blades.html

And yes the Maiden music is very well integrated into the modes. One of the best features of the game.

#6284 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Shaker motor is great on this machine IMO.
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html
Also, the Stern art blades really finish the look.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-iron-maiden-art-blades.html
And yes the Maiden music is very well integrated into the modes. One of the best features of the game.

^^What he said about shaker and art blades.^^
Also....
There is also a guy on here named Pinmonk
He sells a quiet fan kit and some great lenses to change the colour of your insert lighting.
I recommend the fireball loop and I cant even look at a Maiden anymore without the mode tree colours. Not only are they stylish but they help to check what modes are left or next, etc. without as much actual looking down at them during play. Each mode is lit their respective colours based on the Eddie inserts in each mode.
Also some Titans are nice.
Oh, and the Pharoah light diffuser for the target and eyes.
20200326_212253(0) (resized).jpg20200326_212253(0) (resized).jpg20200326_212301 (resized).jpg20200326_212301 (resized).jpg20200326_212306 (resized).jpg20200326_212306 (resized).jpg20200326_212331 (resized).jpg20200326_212331 (resized).jpg

#6285 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

^^What he said about shaker and art blades.^^
Also....
There is also a guy on here named Pinmonk. He sells a quiet fan kit and some great lenses to change the colour of your insert lighting.
I recommend the fireball loop and I cant even look at a Maiden anymore without the mode tree colours. Not only are they stylish but they help to check what modes are left or next, etc. without as much actual looking down at them during play. Each mode is lit their respective colours based on the Eddie inserts in each mode.
Also some Titans are nice.
Oh, and the Pharoah light diffuser for the target and eyes.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the recommendations.

#6286 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for the recommendations.

Clearly I meant the other guy lol.
It's a good product, man (thumbs up)

#6287 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's the upper right flipper. Very common on Maiden. The flipper bracket is too close to the cabinet, so it's echoing. You can put some car stereo noise-dampening material on the backside of the bracket to dull/stop the sound if it bothers you. It seems to come and go in intensity.

I've been meaning to revisit this thread in hopes that someone came up with a good solution to this. I think I tried some target foam months ago with little no success. This sound absolutely drives me crazy. Has anyone reduced it significantly?

#6288 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I've been meaning to revisit this thread in hopes that someone came up with a good solution to this. I think I tried some target foam months ago with little no success. This sound absolutely drives me crazy. Has anyone reduced it significantly?

Post No #4493, Page 90
It did make a difference, still think about 20-25% reduction.

#6289 4 years ago

Try lifting the playfield, shoving it as far to the left as you can, lower it back into the hooks and give another left shove just to be sure.

The playfield just sits on the mounts and has room to move. If the sound comes and goes, especially after adjusting the game, it may be the playfield is resting against the right side of the cab and transferring vibration directly... pushing it away will reduce that.

FWIW I don't hear anything odd on my IMPre. JPPro has much clunkier flipper sounds.

#6290 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Post No #4493, Page 90
It did make a difference, still think about 20-25% reduction.

Thanks. Any idea how to get a small amount of the sound deadening stuff? Everything I see on Amazon is like $30.

#6291 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Thanks. Any idea how to get a small amount of the sound deadening stuff? Everything I see on Amazon is like $30.

Call a stereo installer locally. They might even give you the scraps you need for such a small project. 3" square should be plenty, or a couple scraps you can cobble together.

Ebay has a good-sized piece of car sound deadening material for $8.45 with free shipping:
ebay.com link: Car Insulation Strong Sound Deadener Heat Killer Mat Self Sticker 20 x39 230mil

#6292 4 years ago

Am I too late to the party? Joined today! I’m unboxing now doing my part to support the economy.

01E1AA7B-E162-4EB5-BB46-6E8D8310FEAF (resized).jpeg01E1AA7B-E162-4EB5-BB46-6E8D8310FEAF (resized).jpegD9A37A20-11D6-47CC-A1A3-24CD2C410F85 (resized).jpegD9A37A20-11D6-47CC-A1A3-24CD2C410F85 (resized).jpeg
#6293 4 years ago

Welcome to the club!!

#6294 4 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Am I too late to the party? Joined today! I’m unboxing now doing my part to support the economy.[quoted image][quoted image]

Stern's including a maintenance nymph with each machine now? I feel robbed...

#6295 4 years ago

So I got my IMDN premium all set up and recently ordered a shaker motor from Pinball life. I got it installed and plugged it in to the correct spot that says shaker motor on the board and the machine doesn’t even recognize it? Is it possible I have a bad motor? I checked the connections everything looks good other than that the game plays fantastic. Any ideas, just for giggles I ordered a new one to see if that’s it. I installed the exact same one on my Star Wars comic Pro so I’m pretty sure I know what I’m doing just not sure if it’s the game or the motor?

#6296 4 years ago

You need to go into settings, it may be turned off

#6297 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

You need to go into settings, it may be turned off

I did that and Star Wars recognized the shaker right away. It acts like it’s not even there. Settings were set to max on shaker menu

#6298 4 years ago

make sure the screws for the opaque milky white cover are not hitting weights on shaker. that happened on my munsters prem. It actually smoked cabinet node 1

#6299 4 years ago

you can power the shaker with 12v dc from a car battery, to verify. did your kit have the anti slam capacitor? perhaps that connection got flipped and shaker is on wrong terminals

#6300 4 years ago

oops

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/126?hl=joncbrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.