(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,767 posts
  • 1,049 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Oneironaut
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
Ironmaidenshipped (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_182738510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_165233504 (resized).jpg
20240407_164052@4 (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4950 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4947 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3432 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,767 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 316.
#6201 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

did you verify flipper power settings in service menu
I'm not up to speed on coil PNs

Yes, its on "hard"...

#6202 4 years ago

I dont understand the so much power difference between my stranger thing pinball (clearly too strong with a 5032 coil) and my maiden (clearly too weak with a 5020)...

Can i put a 5032 coil in my maiden ? Will this coil be more powerful ?

#6203 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

I dont understand the so much power difference between my stranger thing pinball (clearly too strong with a 5032 coil) and my maiden (clearly too weak with a 5020)...

Every maiden I have including mine has plenty of power at both flippers. If it was an issue of an underpowered coil everyone would be having this issue.

#6204 4 years ago

I guess from my automotive background I would swap coils side to side if problem follows it's the coil if it stays it's in the mech or solenoid elec control

#6205 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

I designed this mod for my Iron Maiden and wanted to get you guy’s feedback? I used green, but can do it in white, red, blue, and purple as well. Thanks and let me know good or bad.

Why would you design it to be the Illuminati pyramid? That doesn’t make any sense....

#6206 4 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Why would you design it to be the Illuminati pyramid? That doesn’t make any sense....

Is that what you think it is? Just wow. It is just a pyramid(as pyramids are a part of the theme) and I wanted something light could shine through. It is known as a hieroglyphics eye, not something sinister.

#6207 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Is that what you think it is? Just wow. It is just a pyramid(as pyramids are a part of the theme) and I wanted something light could shine through. It is known as a hieroglyphics eye, not something sinister.

Well, clearly this is something you found (not “designed”), as you don’t know what it is. See the “MDCCLXXVI” at the bottom? This is the pyramid depicted on the back of the US $1 bill, often referred to as the “Illuminati pyramid”.

#6208 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

I would find your actual problem rather than putting in stronger coils. Your left coil may just be bad, or you may have some other issue. Swapping the flipper coils side to side and seeing if the problem moves is a good start to finding the actual issue if you've already replaced the coil stops.

#6209 4 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

See the “MDCCLXXVI” at the bottom?

I was wondering wtf that was all about.

#6210 4 years ago

Got a few small jobs to do
Big shout out to Michael and the guys at AMD for a no fuss response to my query about the protector and some replacement head box rubber stops, no need for pics of the offending mylar area it was just YUP!!, and posted toot sweet express post
Anyone know how to access the rubber stops for the head box? still got the busted off tabs of rubber stuck in the holes.

DSC04862 (resized).JPGDSC04862 (resized).JPG
#6211 4 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Well, clearly this is something you found (not “designed”), as you don’t know what it is. See the “MDCCLXXVI” at the bottom? This is the pyramid depicted on the back of the US $1 bill, often referred to as the “Illuminati pyramid”.

You’re not a fan. Got it. Thanks.

#6212 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

I will say too, maybe make sure all of your connectors are seated properly.

I just had an issue arise where the notb and extra ball insert would flash at game startup, and would flicker away and go to normal with flipper taps. In one day before I got to it this progressed into severe issues with the attract mode lighting and several other flashing inserts at game startup. I seated every connector and it fixed it.
There were a couple connectors that were very slightly unseated.

The amazing thing about this issue coming up, is that my flipper power has gone up immensely. I had everything tuned perfectly but still just didn't have that snappiness. It does now! Though I could still make every shot and it wasn't as bad as what you describe. If think it's worth a shot first though

#6213 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

You’re not a fan. Got it. Thanks.

You posted your mod, which you 'designed', (PS finding some cheap tat off Amazon and sticking LEDs in it doesn't really count as designing something).

Someone asked why you 'designed' the Illuminati pyramid.

You didn't even know that's is what you 'designed' and came back with snarky comments.

When it was then pointed out again you come up with another snarky comment.

FWIW, as you asked for feedback 'good or bad' - I think the placement is completely wrong, it doesn't match the theme and looks cheap.

#6214 4 years ago

Problem solved for my weak flipper... i have replaced all the mechanism with a rebuild kit... wow... huge difference !!

Thanks for your reply !!

#6215 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

You posted your mod, which you 'designed', (PS finding some cheap tat off Amazon and sticking LEDs in it doesn't really count as designing something).
Someone asked why you 'designed' the Illuminati pyramid.
You didn't even know that's is what you 'designed' and came back with snarky comments.
When it was then pointed out again you come up with another snarky comment.
FWIW, as you asked for feedback 'good or bad' - I think the placement is completely wrong, it doesn't match the theme and looks cheap.

Ok. That is not what I did, but whatever. Post fixed now, and thanks for the feedback. Maybe we can all be friends again in the pinball universe? Not fueling a negative fire doesn’t constitute being snarky, FYI. Enjoy your day!

#6216 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Problem solved for my weak flipper... i have replaced all the mechanism with a rebuild kit... wow... huge difference !!
Thanks for your reply !!

Much better to find the actual problem than cover it up with a stronger coil. Glad everything's working right again!

#6217 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Ok. That is not what I did, but whatever. Post fixed now, and thanks for the feedback. Maybe we can all be friends again in the pinball universe? Not fueling a negative fire doesn’t constitute being snarky, FYI. Enjoy your day!

No clue why people act like such babies. I enjoy seeing new ideas - thanks for your original post!

#6218 4 years ago

Question about the shooter spring:

I have an early model, and on a full plunge, barely makes it to the top sometimes. Other maidens I have played, regardless of a pro, premium, Le, a full plunge sends the ball all the way around easily.

I bought the game from the original owner, no mods done. I have a green shooter rod spring. Game is not overly steep either, so I know that isn't the issue.

What do other owners have? I want to make it like other maidens, because it does make the super secret skill shot rather easy.

Anybody know what color shooter springs are stronger? There used to be a picture displaying the different strength springs, but I can't find it anymore.

#6219 4 years ago

I just waxed my PF I'm 2nd owner as well. half 3/4 plunge for me will make full loop up top and back to lower flippers.

before waxing ball was super erratic on plunge.

my pro has orange spring

#6220 4 years ago

I’m having issues with the ball falling off the left wireform near the bottom after the last little turn. Anyone else have this or have ideas what to use to block that?

#6221 4 years ago

Why doesn’t Stern send this modification to Europe (Germany distributor)?
I contact my distributor for 5-6 months ago and the distributor contact Stern.
No Feedback and from Stern.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#6222 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr-Worf:

No Feedback and from Stern.[quoted image]

Get a better distributor?

Other Europeans have managed to get it...

#6223 4 years ago

Must be your distributor who doesn't bother. I received mine in Belgium months ago, a few weeks after I asked my distributor about it.

#6224 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I’m having issues with the ball falling off the left wireform near the bottom after the last little turn. Anyone else have this or have ideas what to use to block that?

You may have a defective ramp.

Roll a ball with your hand and see if it catches on one of the crossovers.

This acts as a jump.

I got a replacement ramp as mine did this and it is a day 1 manufacturing fault.

#6225 4 years ago

Do all premium come with the comic book?

#6226 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr-Worf:

No Feedback and from Stern.[quoted image]

The UK got theirs as well.

#6227 4 years ago

I sent an email to stern, hope they can help me.

#6228 4 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Question about the shooter spring:
I have an early model, and on a full plunge, barely makes it to the top sometimes. Other maidens I have played, regardless of a pro, premium, Le, a full plunge sends the ball all the way around easily.
I bought the game from the original owner, no mods done. I have a green shooter rod spring. Game is not overly steep either, so I know that isn't the issue.
What do other owners have? I want to make it like other maidens, because it does make the super secret skill shot rather easy.
Anybody know what color shooter springs are stronger? There used to be a picture displaying the different strength springs, but I can't find it anymore.

Make sure the shooter rod is hitting the pinball in the center. If not you may need to loosen the screws on the plunger cover and adjust the position so it hits the ball in the center.

#6229 4 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Make sure the shooter rod is hitting the pinball in the center. If not you may need to loosen the screws on the plunger cover and adjust the position so it hits the ball in the center.

It's adjusted perfectly, thats not the problem. It's a weaker spring than any other Maiden I have ever played. It's an early pro, so was curious as to others spring tension. I've ordered a higher tension spring.

#6231 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Do all premium come with the comic book?

No - some comics and screenprints were dropped into random boxes last year.

#6232 4 years ago

WTF.... how’d this get in here..?
54653864-2C44-474A-BE09-21288B684800 (resized).jpeg54653864-2C44-474A-BE09-21288B684800 (resized).jpeg

#6233 4 years ago

So. I just noticed that JP is at 1.00 for the code. Does this mean that soonish we can be expecting a new code update for Iron Maiden.

And if we do get one. Will this be the last one? Or will there be one final polish after this one...

I know its all conjuncture. But, its fun to speculate. I mean the code for this game already is kinda amazing and I think really perfect for the layout and theme. So I don't know what could be changed or added.

#6234 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

So. I just noticed that JP is at 1.00 for the code. Does this mean that soonish we can be expecting a new code update for Iron Maiden.
And if we do get one. Will this be the last one? Or will there be one final polish after this one...
I know its all conjuncture. But, its fun to speculate. I mean the code for this game already is kinda amazing and I think really perfect for the layout and theme. So I don't know what could be changed or added.

It would be nice if they fixed the memory leak or whatever causes the machine to lockup within 24 hours left on so they could remove the Microsoft-inspired automatic reboots to work around it.

#6235 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

You can add a washer (or 2) between the post and the wireform loop where the ramp is secured at the bottom. This will slightly raise the level of the bottom of the ramp and make it less steep overall, which can keep the ball from flying off.

#6236 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It would be nice if they fixed the memory leak or whatever causes the machine to lockup within 24 hours left on so they could remove the Microsoft-inspired automatic reboots to work around it.

Ohhh... I'm not rich. I shut my machines off if I'm not playing. But, I can understand why this could be a pain in the butt for locations. Or for collectors who like to keep them on and just gaze at their machines.

#6237 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Ohhh... I'm not rich. I shut my machines off if I'm not playing. But, I can understand why this could be a pain in the butt for locations. Or for collectors who like to keep them on and just gaze at their machines.

Yeah I probably never would have seen the lockups or the kludge Microsoft-level workaround Stern put out to stop it if it wasn't one I was maintaining on location. But it's dumb to just have it reboot once a day and call it "fixed" while not actually fixing the problem (which I am guessing is a memory leak).

For the record Wizard of Oz does the same thing, still, even though the Linux kernel issue with the specific motherboard chipset in the first run of WoZ ECLEs that started in versions 6.xx was finally fixed last year after a 2 year wait. "Maintenance reboots" still happen daily.

#6238 4 years ago

Long time lurker, finally joined the club today with a nib premium. Now to get her dialed in

IMG_20200307_182101 (resized).jpgIMG_20200307_182101 (resized).jpgIMG_20200307_184939 (resized).jpgIMG_20200307_184939 (resized).jpg
#6239 4 years ago

Welcome, once I added the external sub to mine it's hard to keep me away.

#6240 4 years ago

A sub is definitely the first add on, right after I get this damn orb Newtown ball adjusted. Mine is way off center. And bending the bracket does not work. It's like the bracket was not mounted close enough to far right.

#6241 4 years ago

My premium has le code out the box. Does it make a difference?

Screenshot_20200308-201445 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200308-201445 (resized).png
#6242 4 years ago
Quoted from N8man:

My premium has le code out the box. Does it make a difference?

It's the same.

#6243 4 years ago
Quoted from N8man:

My premium has le code out the box. Does it make a difference?[quoted image]

Stern LEs are just Premiums with fancier clothes.

#6244 4 years ago

I had never noticed this replay score.

20200309_145852 (resized).jpg20200309_145852 (resized).jpg
#6245 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I had never noticed this replay score.[quoted image]

Damn you're good!

#6246 4 years ago

BIG ball 1! I still haven't reached NOTB though :/ Lit 3 cards so many times but I need to concentrate on finishing Mummy more often. I had a sweet 186mill superjack in 2mtm in this game.

IMG_20200310_001646 (resized).jpgIMG_20200310_001646 (resized).jpg
#6247 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

BIG ball 1! I still haven't reached NOTB though :/ Lit 3 cards so many times but I need to concentrate on finishing Mummy more often. I had a sweet 186mill superjack in 2mtm in this game.
[quoted image]

I know its cheating.
But, I'm going to one day set my game to 10 balls. I've been so close. I only gotten the mummy card 1 time. Its because my newton balls or whatever weren't working... And yes, I know I should see a doctor about that.

But, I learned its a simple adjustment. And now its working really dang good.

And what a real bummer was the one time I did get my Mummy Card. I failed to get my trooper card. Which is the easiest one.

I just have to alter my strats for this game, and focus on Mummy MB... I never have, because again. My balls issue.
And it became habit to ignore that mode. Now I have to retrain myself and I think and I hope I'll be able to get it...

Bare in mind though. I have extra balls set to 108, 250, 400, and I think 550 or 600. So, I kind of already cheat with the extra ball rewards. But, I like having those spaced out like that. As it gives me an incentive to play and reach those milestones. A nice reward for good balls and games.
My true 3 ball score is probably around 300 million. If I just counted first 3 balls. So I know not great. But, hey having fun.

#6248 4 years ago

This game is killing me, I love it. Had a killer 1st ball of 547 million, got mummy card and trooper card. Ball 2 and score was at 910 million, got cyborbg card and hit 3-4 jackpots during that. Gagged the rest of the way through. Pressure was to much I guess. Ended game at 1,008,323,410, did not even get to 2m2m. AAARRRGGGGHHHHH

#6249 4 years ago

That feeling of finally lighting all 4 cards and then dying in 2mtm. FECK!!

#6250 4 years ago

Just joined the club today! My distributor is delivering a NIB Premium next week! Traded a Munsters Premium in for it. Got bored with Munsters, wanted something to keep my interest. Now, to read thru all these posts.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 24.50
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

There are 15,767 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/125?hl=largemouthass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.