(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,800 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Edster
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 316.
#6151 4 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

I was never much of an Iron Maiden fan, outside of a few select songs. I played the pin, really enjoyed it and purchased a premium version about a month a go. The music slowly grew on me, to the point where I am now listening to a lot more Iron Maiden and starting to appreciate it more and more.

interesting

#6152 4 years ago

Wasn't there another plastic piece Stern was providing to help prevent balls from getting stuck somewhere in the back of the playfield? I thought I read a post about that awhile ago - but I can't find it in this long thread.

I ask because I emailed Stern support asking for the metal piece and also the ball protector, and they said they only have record of the metal piece -- if there's a specific post, I can forward it to them and ask.

#6153 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Wasn't there another plastic piece Stern was providing to help prevent balls from getting stuck somewhere in the back of the playfield? I thought I read a post about that awhile ago - but I can't find it in this long thread.
I ask because I emailed Stern support asking for the metal piece and also the ball protector, and they said they only have record of the metal piece -- if there's a specific post, I can forward it to them and ask.

If you have the Pro, there's a kit to keep the ball from getting stuck on the left in the Piece of Mind asylum area by the far left bumper. But I've heard they've stopped giving this kit out for free. YMMV. Looks like this when installed (it's the raised piece of plastic):

eddie-piece-of-mind-mount (resized).jpgeddie-piece-of-mind-mount (resized).jpg

On the Premium, I made a standoff to keep the ball from getting stuck between the left side of the ramp and the moving Sarcophagus.
trapped-ball2 (resized).jpgtrapped-ball2 (resized).jpgstep-2-fix (resized).jpgstep-2-fix (resized).jpg

#6154 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

It's the larger piece in this kit: https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-upgrade-kit.html

#6155 4 years ago

If someone gets a chance, can you take a photo of the position of your upper flippers. Want to see if they're aligned with the toothpick hole, or slightly off.

Thanks in advance

#6156 4 years ago

will these do?

15826717538828610076908996962601 (resized).jpg15826717538828610076908996962601 (resized).jpg15826717835371365533080502664326 (resized).jpg15826717835371365533080502664326 (resized).jpg
#6157 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

will these do?[quoted image][quoted image]

Are the flippers aligned with the holes? Like the center of the flipper tip it lined up with the hole?

And was it like that from the factory?

#6158 4 years ago

I'd say they are centered over the holes. I am the second owner of this pin so I cant say for sure if they have been removed at any time.

#6159 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

does anyone know how late in the run stern replaced the mylar with the metal loop protector, I have an LE and just wondering if it would have already been installed.
cheers

Talk to Michael at AMD and he will post you one.

#6160 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I'd say they are centered over the holes. I am the second owner of this pin so I cant say for sure if they have been removed at any time.

Thanks for the pics on this

Can anyone else confirm?

#6161 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Thanks for the pics on this
Can anyone else confirm?

That's where mine came from factory. Tips right at the holes.

#6162 4 years ago

Is it just me or do these seem to be off?

IMG_20200226_000420 (resized).jpgIMG_20200226_000420 (resized).jpgIMG_20200226_000433 (resized).jpgIMG_20200226_000433 (resized).jpg
#6163 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

Tips right at the holes.

Childish chuckle

#6164 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I am thinking about giving this machine a whirl, but wanted to secure a different custom music mix someone has created first. If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Pinball Mix does a stellar job.

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Local-Business/Pinball-MIX-1841127499277944/

#6165 4 years ago

Number of the Beast reached!!!

Was so excited I called my wife to see (she's sweet, she actually pretended to care).

Unfortunately I think I made one shot and got 3 million for the mode! YIKES!!!

Although I didn't see much of it, I have to say it's a bit lackluster now that we see what Keith can do with JP.

Having single ball and a LOT of shots to hit makes it feel like a regular mode, not a final wizard.

Really hope sk8ball revisits this. I think he's made JP one of the greatest games ever, and probably the best wizard modes in all of pinball. Hoping he brings Maiden up to that level.

#6166 4 years ago

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-february-24th-2020/

Twice as much code in JP!

Of more interest is Keith's comments about mini-games.

Who knows, maybe IMDN will get a mini-game

#6167 4 years ago

I just created these apron cards for an IMLE owner, so I wanted to offer them to the group. Cost is $10 per set (includes US postage - $12 per set if outside US). The cards are printed on a 6 ink photo quality printer using OEM inks and heavy ultra high gloss OEM photo paper. I then coat them with a clear gloss vinyl laminate, cut to size, then color the edges so that the white of the paper does not show.

Please PM me if interested in purchasing (sorry, but I do not share my artwork/files).

IM1.jpgIM1.jpgIM2.jpgIM2.jpg
#6168 4 years ago

FYI....Listed my Maiden Pro for sale or trade.

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Bought NIB and am looking to upgrade to a premium. Game is perfect with zero issues. Around 650 plays total. No cab issues or PF issues. Would also entertain trades. Just PM wi...”
2020-02-27
Lambertville, MI
4,700 (OBO)
Archived after: 8 days
Viewed: 525 times

Updated with Pictures

#6169 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just created these apron cards for an IMLE owner, so I wanted to offer them to the group. Cost is $10 per set (includes US postage - $12 per set if outside US). The cards are printed on a 6 ink photo quality printer using OEM inks and heavy ultra high gloss OEM photo paper. I then coat them with a clear gloss vinyl laminate, cut to size, then color the edges so that the white of the paper does not show.
Please PM me if interested in purchasing (sorry, but I do not share my artwork/files).[quoted image][quoted image]

Are spelling mistakes included for free?

#6170 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Please PM me if interested in purchasing (sorry, but I do not share my artwork/files).[quoted image][quoted image]

You used the trooper beer label as a watermark? Because there isnt a ton of Iron Maiden art out there to work with?
Most people just share their homemade arts and crafts cards. Asking for money for junk art with bad fonts and at least 3 spelling errors? Don't quit your day job

#6171 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Eye'll give yoo ate dolars.

#6172 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Eye'll give yoo ate dolars.

That made my day.
Thank you

#6173 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You used the trooper beer label as a watermark? Because there isnt a ton of Iron Maiden art out there to work with?
Most people just share their homemade arts and crafts cards. Asking for money for junk art with bad fonts and at least 3 spelling errors? Don't quit your day job

You forgot the "Use Flippers to select soundtrack at game start" is wrong -- it's before every ball, much to my dismay (it USED to be settable at game start only.... Bring that back, Keith!).

#6174 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Number of the Beast reached!!!
Was so excited I called my wife to see (she's sweet, she actually pretended to care).
Unfortunately I think I made one shot and got 3 million for the mode! YIKES!!!
Although I didn't see much of it, I have to say it's a bit lackluster now that we see what Keith can do with JP.
Having single ball and a LOT of shots to hit makes it feel like a regular mode, not a final wizard.
Really hope sk8ball revisits this. I think he's made JP one of the greatest games ever, and probably the best wizard modes in all of pinball. Hoping he brings Maiden up to that level.

Congrats! It’s actually a really cool mode. I wish we had the option as a 1-ball mini mode battle for head to head multiplayer *cough* JP *cough*. But, I felt same way you did first couple times, I just didn’t understand what to do at first and would drain before I understood it. That said, I’ve battled the beast approx 5-6 times and the last time I did it I had an absolute blast and got him down to 3 HP, so close!

#6175 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Congrats! It’s actually a really cool mode. I wish we had the option as a 1-ball mini mode battle for head to head multiplayer *cough* JP *cough*. But, I felt same way you did first couple times, I just didn’t understand what to do at first and would drain before I understood it. That said, I’ve battled the beast approx 5-6 times and the last time I did it I had an absolute blast and got him down to 3 HP, so close!

I just wish it had more balls so the mode would last long enough to appreciate it, sort of like LMS in TWD. I'm not sure when I'll see NOTB again, so wish my memory of it was better.

Seeing what Keith did with JP, I could see myself wanting to play again to see it (although I know I can cheat it and hold both flippers to access it).

#6176 4 years ago

I've got myself too excited for a code update. I've been checking Sterns website at least daily now lol.
lm crossing my fingers that we will see an update in the next week or so. My logic being that there were about 2-3 weeks between each of the more recent JP3 updates. JP3 hit 1.0 on Feb.19th. Fingers crossed that means Maiden is in the next week or so.
Non gameplay related updates I'd like to see (there is a whole thread for gameplay updates and bug fixes)
-Another track or two?
-A Powerslave mode (one of their best albums and the theme embraced by this machine but no mode?)
-maybe a wizard mode cheat a la JP3?
-power pyramid stats shown before plunge
-soft reset to attract mode
-legacy of the beast video game intro in attract mode (it really gives you a bit of a story to the gameplay)

Come on sk8ball lets see it. You rock harder than Maiden

#6177 4 years ago

Isn't powerslave the mummy multiball? Same way trooper is trooper multiball and not an individual mode.

#6178 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

Isn't powerslave the mummy multiball? Same way trooper is trooper multiball and not an individual mode.

Fair enough. Hadn't considered that. So with mbs and modes, all songs are covered.....so lets get a new track or two to tie a mode to lol.
Trooper = trooper mb
Powerslave = mummy mb
Wasted years = cyborg mb
2m2m = 2m2m mini wizard
Number of the beast = wizard battle
Run to the hills = unattainable mini wizard lol
Cipwm = premium (only) multiball
Rotam, fotd, aces, hbtn, icarus = mode tree

#6179 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I've got myself too excited for a code update. I've been checking Sterns website at least daily now lol...

Last time I exchanged a message with KME it sounded like they had not even started to work on our update, so I've scaled my time expectations way back.

#6180 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Last time I exchanged a message with KME it sounded like they had not even started to work on our update, so I've scaled my time expectations way back.

Unofficial downvote for bumming me out lol

#6181 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Unofficial downvote for bumming me out lol

I hope I misunderstood, but that was what I got out of the brief message exchange. I thought we'd have it before now, but JP got in the way. Bummer.

#6182 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I too do not share my art for free, and I'll throw mine out there too at a more competitive price: $9.00 for the set free worldwide shipping and handling.

IMG_20200229_015432 (resized).pngIMG_20200229_015432 (resized).png
#6183 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I too do not share my art for free, and I'll throw mine out there too at a more competitive price: $9.00 for the set free worldwide shipping and handling.[quoted image]

I think this might be the BEST one yet

#6184 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I too do not share my art for free, and I'll throw mine out there too at a more competitive price: $9.00 for the set free worldwide shipping and handling.[quoted image]

That looks pretty cool, but you mis speled Legacey!

#6185 4 years ago

Ball 1, and then... DRAIN, DRAIN, DRAIN!
IMG_20200301_223632 (resized).jpgIMG_20200301_223632 (resized).jpg

#6186 4 years ago

I designed this mod for my Iron Maiden and wanted to get you guy’s feedback? I used green, but can do it in white, red, blue, and purple as well. Thanks and let me know good or bad.

0A0F7B47-9583-430C-9EF1-5DED5258D4D5 (resized).jpeg0A0F7B47-9583-430C-9EF1-5DED5258D4D5 (resized).jpeg16EAB146-52FB-4449-AE01-F6511EED5C72 (resized).jpeg16EAB146-52FB-4449-AE01-F6511EED5C72 (resized).jpeg8C17AA8B-0442-4788-8181-3772408E7417 (resized).jpeg8C17AA8B-0442-4788-8181-3772408E7417 (resized).jpegAE72086B-7350-419B-BC6D-97DC2DA2E3FF (resized).jpegAE72086B-7350-419B-BC6D-97DC2DA2E3FF (resized).jpeg
Added over 4 years ago:

Note.....Part of an existing 3d print that I changed a bit and added a light to that works of the Gi. My apologies as my use of the word “design” was open for interpretations not intended. My use of the word design was to reference that I haven’t seen a toy like this in an Iron Maiden machine. I should have used the word “made”. Hope this clarifies.

#6187 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

I designed this mod for my Iron Maiden and wanted to get you guy’s feedback? I used green, but can do it in white, red, blue, and purple as well. Thanks and let me know good or bad.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It's in a weird place. It matches cyborg multiball most closely, but it's on the opposite side of the machine from the cyborg, so it seems out of place.

#6188 4 years ago

Yeah I see that. It runs off the gi so it can be placed anywhere. I chose there because most of my mods are already on the right, and I thought it would be different nestled over the loop between the ramp and return.

#6189 4 years ago

I love the mod!! Can you tell me a bit more about it

#6190 4 years ago
Quoted from DanieB:

I love the mod!! Can you tell me a bit more about it

It is made out of gold colored material and has the eye open for the light to shine through. Connects to the Gi and was super easy to install. Thinking about making more if people are interested.

#6191 4 years ago

I definitely would be interested!! I see that you mentioned that it can be put anywhere. What are the dims and price

#6192 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

I designed this mod for my Iron Maiden and wanted to get you guy’s feedback? I used green, but can do it in white, red, blue, and purple as well. Thanks and let me know good or bad.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I've always disliked the tomb mod that is available. This would look much nicer on the mummy captive ball. Nice job. Maybe a red or yellow light would look best?

#6193 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

How did I forget that when I even have Powerslave Eddie holding the sign lol.

20200302_065650 (resized).jpg20200302_065650 (resized).jpg
#6194 4 years ago

Has anyone done any different speaker acrylics than the 666 or machine gun eddie?

#6195 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Has anyone done any different speaker acrylics than the 666 or machine gun eddie?

I have a pro but I've always been a bit surprised nobody had made some with pyramids or the eye of ra for the premium and LE models.

#6196 4 years ago

Someone should do another EDDIE face on a acrylic that’s not on the playfield. The first Iron Maiden album with young Eddie would look pretty sick! Do it speakerlightkits.com!

#6197 4 years ago

Hi all ;o)

My left flipper is too weak and impossible to reach the ramp... i have dismounted all the flipper assembly, verify the coil stop, verify the gap with the playfied, verify the EOS... all seems ok...

I think to replace the coil for a stronger. But with which coil ? Actually the reference is : 090-5020-30-ND

Thanks for your help.

Yannick

#6198 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Someone should do another EDDIE face on a acrylic that’s not on the playfield. The first Iron Maiden album with young Eddie would look pretty sick! Do it speakerlightkits.com!

But that album isnt Bruce. I'd be trying to stick to Bruce timelines if it were up to me.

#6199 4 years ago

Actually, you know what might work well? If someone copied the pharaoh template from the premium center ramp. Keep that going in the speakers. Not for me but I could def see it on a premium model.

#6200 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all ;o)
My left flipper is too weak and impossible to reach the ramp... i have dismounted all the flipper assembly, verify the coil stop, verify the gap with the playfied, verify the EOS... all seems ok...
I think to replace the coil for a stronger. But with which coil ? Actually the reference is : 090-5020-30-ND
Thanks for your help.
Yannick

did you verify flipper power settings in service menu

I'm not up to speed on coil PNs

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 15,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/124?hl=yfichelle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.