(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,809 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 minutes ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,809 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 317.
#6051 4 years ago

Both have fantastic layouts and code.

For me the sound/call out package is really important for a game in the home.

Maybe put some youtube vids on and just listen to the sound packages.

Not a Maiden fan but the sound package is high intensity and works great for pinball.

JP, for me the call outs and music just don't get my adrenalin flowing and this is the reason I give the nod to Maiden.

#6052 4 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Hi Guys, having some issues with the back box speakers, there is lots of crackling noises, and wondering what volume settings everyone is using here and results?
I played around with settings to get better bass sound from sub, which I’m now happy with, but the back box speakers sound pretty bad.
I have an LE.
Cheers!

You are probably pushing too much bass through the backbox speakers. Does it happen at the beginning of Hallowed Be Thy Name?

I also have an LE and have the sound dialed in nicely (I'm also using a Polk 10" powered sub for lowend bass). I'll have a look and post my audio settings here in a bit for you to try on your game to see if it helps.

#6053 4 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Thanks for your input guys. I think I’m leaning more towards Iron Maiden at the moment.

Is used an option? You can save a good amount (at least 20%) and inspect the playfield before purchasing. I bought used and passed on the first one I looked at due to horrible planking and other playfield issues. Was fortunate enough to get an amazing one from a fellow pinsider at a great price.

Of course I have no idea what the supply of used IMDNs is in the UK.

#6054 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

My premium is new as of Jan 22. My playfield looks ok so far. But I have many of the same issues that needed to be fixed. Auto launch, upper loop not registering fast shots, phantom orb hits, left ramp switch behind backboard needed adjusting...
Game is awesome anyhow, and I knew what I was getting into. Only thing I was really worried about was playfield chipping/bulging and that seems ok so far but it's still pretty fresh....

Mine is also a Jan 22, 2020 and it also required adjustments. Both newton balls were not registering, had to adjust the switches and the underworld scoop mini trough wire gate was not attached causing the game to go into ball search whenever the ball was shot into the underworld (it would roll to the left off of the switch in the trough, wire gate holds the ball in place for the solenoid to kick it out)

Besides that all is working as it should...and looking good

#6055 4 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Is used an option? You can save a good amount (at least 20%) and inspect the playfield before purchasing. I bought used and passed on the first one I looked at due to horrible planking and other playfield issues. Was fortunate enough to get an amazing one from a fellow pinsider at a great price.
Of course I have no idea what the supply of used IMDNs is in the UK.

Used is always an option but newer Sterns aren’t too plentiful in the UK because of the huge cost of new games.

#6056 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

You are probably pushing too much bass through the backbox speakers. Does it happen at the beginning of Hallowed Be Thy Name?
I also have an LE and have the sound dialed in nicely (I'm also using a Polk 10" powered sub for lowend bass). I'll have a look and post my audio settings here in a bit for you to try on your game to see if it helps.

Here are my settings:

Service->Util->Volume

Master Vol: 21
Backbox Bass Gain: +3.75 DB
Backbox Treble Gain: +1.125 DB
Cabinet Bass Gain: +7.5 DB
Cabinet Treble Gain: 0 DB

Service->Adj->Game
Speech Attenuation: 5
Music Attenuation: -17

These just make the music louder/more present vs the callouts, personal preference.

As I noted before, I also have a powered 10" Polk subwoofer under the game that really helps to fill out the lowend bass.

#6057 4 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Used is always an option but newer Sterns aren’t too plentiful in the UK because of the huge cost of new games.

put a wanted on pinball windup^winfo

#6058 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

put a wanted on pinball windup^winfo

Will do when the two pinballs I’m selling are sold Neil.

#6059 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Here are my settings:
Service->Util->Volume
Master Vol: 21
Backbox Bass Gain: +3.75 DB
Backbox Treble Gain: +1.125 DB
Cabinet Bass Gain: +7.5 DB
Cabinet Treble Gain: 0 DB
Service->Adj->Game
Speech Attenuation: 5
Music Attenuation: -17
These just make the music louder/more present vs the callouts, personal preference.
As I noted before, I also have a powered 10" Polk subwoofer under the game that really helps to fill out the lowend bass.

Thanks for that mate! Will give this a shot and go from there. :

#6060 4 years ago

Finally have my IMDN pro. came from another local pinhead since mine was trashed in shipping.

been a while since I've played can someone confirm the order of flipper staging for left and right. seems off to me.

1581371020856_1764092044_4f8684fe_v1 (resized).jpg1581371020856_1764092044_4f8684fe_v1 (resized).jpg
#6061 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Finally have my IMDN pro. came from another local pinhead since mine was trashed in shipping.
been a while since I've played can someone confirm the order of flipper staging for left and right. seems off to me.[quoted image]

Proper staging isn't left to right...but down to up.

For example on left flipper button, first the lower flipper is activated, then the upper left flipper. Same with the right flipper button.

So you can cradle a lower flipper button without pushing in a button all the way, and then fully press to activate an upper flipper.

Now...when I got mine NIB from stern, there was no staging. I needed to separate the flipper switches a bit.

#6062 4 years ago

maybe the left right statement was confusing. my game has half push on L or Rbutton activates coresponding upper flipper full push in is lower flipper and upper. going to do some investigation I thought it was backward. either leafs out of adjustment or assembled wrong when last owner put in glow buttons

#6063 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

maybe the left right statement was confusing. my game has half push on L or Rbutton activates coresponding upper flipper full push in is lower flipper and upper. going to do some investigation I thought it was backward. either leafs out of adjustment or assembled wrong when last owner put in glow buttons

My NIB LE came that way too. Simple leaf adjustments corrected it so the lower fires first, then the upper.

#6064 4 years ago

Just finished adjusting them. all better now and can hit center ramp with right flipper now. thanks

#6065 4 years ago

On my Pro, I have noticed that I do not always get credit for lighting EDDIE letters when hitting the left orbit shot (to the left of the mummy captive ball). I haven't noticed any problems with getting credit for orbit shots though (still get spinner hits/orbits/ball lock etc. just sometimes no eddie letter). Is this a bug or is there something that needs adjusted on my game?

#6066 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

On my Pro, I have noticed that I do not always get credit for lighting EDDIE letters when hitting the left orbit shot (to the left of the mummy captive ball). I haven't noticed any problems with getting credit for orbit shots though (still get spinner hits/orbits/ball lock etc. just sometimes no eddie letter). Is this a bug or is there something that needs adjusted on my game?

Are you sure the arrow is flashing? After spelling Eddie 2 or 3 times, the shots required to light it reduce and I think that orbit is one of them

#6067 4 years ago

Yes the white insert is definitely lit for Eddie letter. This happens even from the start of a game when all Eddie shots are lit.

#6068 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

Yes the white insert is definitely lit for Eddie letter. This happens even from the start of a game when all Eddie shots are lit.

Switch not catching it, happens to my game once in awhile too, including missing the lock shot sometimes. Issue is probably the same or similar as the upper loop shots missing.

#6069 4 years ago

Is there a setting to disable the up-post that pops up when loop jackpot is lit? Nothing more annoying for me then getting in a groove hitting the big loop shot, then having that momentum killed.

#6070 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Switch not catching it, happens to my game once in awhile too, including missing the lock shot sometimes. Issue is probably the same or similar as the upper loop shots missing.

I have the same issue with the orbit and lock. Seems that the spinner and orbit opto work together to register orbit shots, and don't always sync? I've noticed if I shoot an orbit shot while the spinner is half spinning and doesn't get hit the shot doesnt register.
Hoping this is somehow fixed in code unless it's a physical issue I'm not aware of.

#6071 4 years ago

Probably the best first ball I've had yet. Not score-wise, but progress definitely.

Got Mummy card, one orbit shot away from Cyborg, and about to start fifth mode.

I had to go out, so I'll finish the game when I get back, but my main obstacle now is the Trooper card.

I'm pretty confident I will get 2M2M, so only card that stands between me and NOTB is Trooper.

How do you go about lighting it again the second time around? I collected the jackpot up the center ramp after clearing the stand ups the first time around. Is that progress saved if I start it again?

I have no idea why I struggle with this mode so much. I usually hit that center jackpot and then I hit all of the lit targets except for one or two.

There are other times I have played it and I seem to collect the card within about 10 to 15 seconds. I definitely don't think I am hitting all the shots in that time, so I'm really confused as to how I do this card.

MVIMG_20200216_151316 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200216_151316 (resized).jpg

#6072 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Probably the best first ball, I've had yet. No score-wise, but progress.
I had to go out, so I'll finish the game when I get back, but my main obstacle now isthe Trooper card.
I'm pretty confident I will get 2M2M, so only card that stands between me and NOTB is Trooper.
How do you go about lighting it again the second time around? I collected the jackpot up the center ramp after clearing the stand ups the first time around. Is that progress saved if I start it again?
I have no idea why I struggle with this mode so much. I usually hit that center jackpot and then I hit all of the lit targets except for one or two.
there are other times I have played it and I seem to collect the card within about 10 to 15 seconds. I definitely don't think I am hitting all the shots in that time. so I'm really confused as to how I do this card.

MVIMG_20200216_151316 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200216_151316 (resized).jpg
#6073 4 years ago

Probably the best first ball, I've had yet. No score-wise, but progress.
I had to go out, so I'll finish the game when I get back, but my main obstacle now isthe Trooper card.
there are other times I have played it and I seem to collect the card within about 10 to 15 seconds. I definitely don't think I am hitting all the shots in that time. so I'm really confused as to how I do this card.[quoted image]

All you need to do for Trooper card is hit the SUPER JACKPOT shot after a few regular jacks. The super jack is the little dead end shot with the upper left flipper. Or you can hit it with the lower left flipper too.

#6074 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

All you need to do for Trooper card is hit the SUPER JACKPOT shot after a few regular jacks. The super jack is the little dead end shot with the upper left flipper. Or you can hit it with the lower left flipper too.

How many jackpots before the colours change?

#6075 4 years ago

How many jackpots before the colours change?

http://tiltforums.com/t/iron-maiden-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3787

Collecting 3 Jackpots lights the first Super Jackpot at that dead end shot.

#6076 4 years ago

What the F!!!!!!

I felt like flipping the machine!

First ball, and end of game shown...

IMG_20200216_233025 (resized).jpgIMG_20200216_233025 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200216_151316 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200216_151316 (resized).jpg
#6077 4 years ago

1up at 1212am

IMG_20200217_001154 (resized).jpgIMG_20200217_001154 (resized).jpg
#6078 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

1up at 1212am [quoted image]

Holy shit! How do you get a score like that on ball 2?

#6079 4 years ago

Joined the club yesterday with a Iron Maiden premium (built May 2019). Great Pin! I do have noticed (till now) two things...... The upper right flipper is moving back to its position very slow... what to do?

The ball-lock-post, will sometime still "hold" the ball, after releasing it seems as if the post will not be taken all the way down into the playfield..... any ideas?

#6080 4 years ago
Quoted from drummerboy71:

Joined the club yesterday with a Iron Maiden premium (built May 2019). Great Pin! I do have noticed (till now) two things...... The upper right flipper is moving back to its position very slow... what to do?
The ball-lock-post, will sometime still "hold" the ball, after releasing it seems as if the post will not be taken all the way down into the playfield..... any ideas?

Congrats on the new game. I'd replace the coil stops and coil sleeves on both of those coils.

#6081 4 years ago

Holy shit! How do you get a score like that on ball 2?

That was my score after ball 1 Had a good cyborg at 378mill that game, got the level 2 card even.

#6082 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

That was my score after ball 1 Had a good cyborg at 378mill that game, got the level 2 card even.

Even with the cyborg, there's still like 600M points you picked up. What else were you doing to get that?

Did you get to NOTB? And what was your final score?

#6083 4 years ago

Even with the cyborg, there's still like 600M points you picked up. What else were you doing to get that?
Did you get to NOTB? And what was your final score?

I have not made it to NOTB yet, I've had 3 cards lit a bunch of times but choked

I don't have a ton of time on the game yet, but the key is alot of practice, full knowledge of the entire ruleset and for Maiden in particular I think being able to nail the left and right ramps consistently really helps you progress

Ended up with like 1.2bill and died with 2mtm open and ready. I did get Can I play with madness mode that game.

#6084 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I have not made it to NOTB yet, I've had 3 cards lit a bunch of times but choked
I don't have a ton of time on the game yet, but the key is alot of practice, full knowledge of the entire ruleset and for Maiden in particular I think being able to nail the left and right ramps consistently really helps you progress
Ended up with like 1.2bill and died with 2mtm open and ready. I did get Can I play with madness mode that game.

What's your GC? I had all cards lit recently, and just needed to time out 2M2M to start NOTB, and I drained with like 20 seconds to go.

But even there, my score was just over 900M.

#6085 4 years ago

What's your GC? I had all cards lit recently, and just needed to time out 2M2M to start NOTB, and I drained with like 20 seconds to go.
But even there, my score was just over 900M.

Gotta use your multipliers, and do good in the modes. Also I am not your average player, but I'm no Elwin or Ray or Bowen either...
26d96eda0cb88c021ebc8ead336a0c8c31676f03 (resized).jpg26d96eda0cb88c021ebc8ead336a0c8c31676f03 (resized).jpg

#6086 4 years ago

IMG_20200214_223427 (resized).jpgIMG_20200214_223427 (resized).jpg

She wants a Stern Jurassic Park to go beside it. How can I say no

#6087 4 years ago

Just had a quick game of this and realized that every time I play it I seem to appreciate it more. Not a lot of games feel that way.

As a guy who is a hardcore old school hip hop fan, it's amazing how much appreciation for this genre of music I got when I started playing this game. I've even been to an Iron Maiden concert! Haha

Now maybe if they one day made a Wu-Tang clan pinball machine, some of you would grow and appreciation for that genre

But this game is just amazing from every respect. Only other game that I feel brings this sort of adrenaline is the walking dead but then it falls short in so many areas that Iron Maiden does perfectly well!

Pinball is great!

#6088 4 years ago

Quick question - There is a red LED and a yellow LED at the back left of the playfield. What are they for? I see them lit occasionally but I don't know why.

#6089 4 years ago
Quoted from nano:

Quick question - There is a red LED and a yellow LED at the back left of the playfield. What are they for? I see them lit occasionally but I don't know why.

If I remember correctly, one is when tomb treasure is ready, the other for when power ramps are ready.

#6090 4 years ago
Quoted from drummerboy71:

Had the same issue with one of my up posts (nearest sarcophagus) The black sleeve would slide up and not return all the way.

Fortunately it’s easy to fix. When I talked to Stern they advised-
3 wood screws to remove the mech,

remove the rubber and wipe down the metal rod,

Optional to use some epoxy and slide it back on (if using epoxy let it dry before playing),

Reattach with 3 screws.

Has played great since

546EBFE7-9786-4985-AA5E-580864AA1563 (resized).jpeg546EBFE7-9786-4985-AA5E-580864AA1563 (resized).jpeg0170543D-0C73-4500-84F2-9D6AE5700791 (resized).jpeg0170543D-0C73-4500-84F2-9D6AE5700791 (resized).jpeg30A949DA-925A-4455-9A37-ED5A595DBFA0 (resized).jpeg30A949DA-925A-4455-9A37-ED5A595DBFA0 (resized).jpeg972292A5-32FB-4151-8D18-BC72FF4B949E (resized).jpeg972292A5-32FB-4151-8D18-BC72FF4B949E (resized).jpeg
#6091 4 years ago
Quoted from Erickong:

Optional to use some epoxy and slide it back on

I had the same problem. I used a little rubber cement to keep the sleeve from sliding up the rod. Has been good since.

#6092 4 years ago
Quoted from Erickong:

Had the same issue with one of my up posts (nearest sarcophagus) The black sleeve would slide up and not return all the way.
Fortunately it’s easy to fix. When I talked to Stern they advised-
3 wood screws to remove the mech,
Optional to use some epoxy and slide it back on (if using epoxy let it dry before playing),
Reattach with 3 screws.
Has played great since[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! I'll give it a try

#6093 4 years ago

I framed the 5x7 Stern card that came with Maiden, looks good.

IMG_20200219_113240 (resized).jpgIMG_20200219_113240 (resized).jpg
#6094 4 years ago

Woo hoo Jurassic Park 1.0 released today... does this mean a new IM code release is coming soon?

#6095 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Woo hoo Jurassic Park 1.0 released today... does this mean a new IM code release is coming soon?

It will be released before TPF.

#6096 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

That's what Keith said. Let's go, Stern!

#6097 4 years ago

Harder wizard mode to get to: IM or LOTR?

#6098 4 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

If we're talking Valinor vs Run to the Hills, I'm THINKING Valinor just due to how long it takes to GET there. It seems like RTTH is a little closer than Valinor. But both are very hard.

#6099 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Keith has made JP amazing with the latest 1.0.

Really hoping he gives us some nice surprises

Maybe tweak ROTAM as it isn't as much fun as the others?

#6100 4 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Rtth is significantly harder than Valinor -
Valinor is just about keeping the ball alive long enough as progress is saved throughout MBs and you don't have to complete modes.
Rtth has 'dead ends', meaning if you don't complete a mode and get the SS, to light the TT, you have to go all the way back through all of the modes, 2mtm and then play the mode again and complete it and collect the SS.

I completed Valinor numerous times in the 3 months I owned LotR, I've not got to Rtth in the 18months I've had IMdn. Best is 8 TTs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.50
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,809 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/122?hl=dpannell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.