(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 498 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 317.
#5951 4 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Should my big loop feed to the bottom right flipper? Right now it feeds to the top of the right sling. If so, I guess you just change the position of the top right flipper to adjust the feed?

You answered your own question, but I found if I change the angle of the upper RF just a little it makes the loop much easier to hit. Kind of a tradeoff there, as it won't come back around to the lower right flipper as yours is doing. You also have to be careful not to lower the upper RF angle too much or the auto-plunge will strike the tip.

#5952 4 years ago

Hi guys,

Finally joined the club recently!
Having an issue though, wondering if it's a software bug?

Settings: Extraball : 3; Replay awards extra ball.

If I get the replay, and then in the same ball a regular extra ball (by hitting the target), the extra ball is not awarded. Only getting one instead of 2.
Any idea is this is known or solved or whatever?

#5953 4 years ago

I like so much my maiden !! Thanks to the artist Marco Vinci to customize this wonderful pinball !

20200124_144142 (resized).jpg20200124_144142 (resized).jpg20200124_144150 (resized).jpg20200124_144150 (resized).jpg
#5954 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hi guys,
Finally joined the club recently!
Having an issue though, wondering if it's a software bug?
Settings: Extraball : 3; Replay awards extra ball.
If I get the replay, and then in the same ball a regular extra ball (by hitting the target), the extra ball is not awarded. Only getting one instead of 2.
Any idea is this is known or solved or whatever?

Another one:
Ball sometime gets stuck in the loop behind the jump.
I saw a solution exists (kind of a cliffy) but can't manage to find one.
Any link ?

#5955 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Another one:
Ball sometime gets stuck in the loop behind the jump.
I saw a solution exists (kind of a cliffy) but can't manage to find one.
Any link ?

You get it from your distributor. It's a free Stern part to fix the hangup from the mylar back there getting chewed up.

#5956 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You get it from your distributor. It's a free Stern part to fix the hangup from the mylar back there getting chewed up.

Or from Stern directly... you can email them and they will ship it out directly (email address to send to is in this thread somewhere I believe).

#5957 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Or from Stern directly... you can email them and they will ship it out directly (email address to send to is in this thread somewhere I believe).

To Europe? I thought Stern preferred to send these things through distributors for Europe...

#5958 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

To Europe? I thought Stern preferred to send these things through distributors for Europe...

Totally missed that part... my bad... they did send to Canada but EU is an entirely different kettle of fish

#5959 4 years ago

Thanks to both. Will try Stern, my distro is not the greatest for this kind of stuff

#5960 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Thanks to both. Will try Stern, my distro is not the greatest for this kind of stuff

In the meantime, removing the chewed up mylar back there will likely solve the problem until the protector comes in.

#5961 4 years ago

I'm in the club!

IMG_20200129_171039 (resized).jpgIMG_20200129_171039 (resized).jpg
#5962 4 years ago

Hi Guys,

Recently joined the club with an Iron Maiden LE and while modding I was just wondering if anyone managed to install a SARCOPHAGUS on the Ball Lock? Just feel like it would look so cool if it had something a bit better than the current plastic there.

Cheers!

#5963 4 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Hi Guys,
Recently joined the club with an Iron Maiden LE and while modding I was just wondering if anyone managed to install a SARCOPHAGUS on the Ball Lock? Just feel like it would look so cool if it had something a bit better than the current plastic there.
Cheers!

Mezel mods has a sarcophagus that replaces the plastic, lights up + flashes. Modfather has a more simple sarc. I'd bet there are others.

https://mezelmods.com/products/iron-maiden-pinball-mummy-coffin-ball-lock

#5964 4 years ago

Now that I look at it, those 2 mods must both be pro only. Wouldn't work with premium/LE

#5965 4 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Hi Guys,
Cheers!

It's not really do-able on the Premium or LE because that stack of plastic on top of the sarcophagus needs to be there to direct the ball if there's already a ball captured. You can do it on the pro because it doesn't function as a ball lock.

#5966 4 years ago

Got it setup today before work. Man this game is even more beautiful in person, Zombie killed it! I'm going to have to bring a game downstairs to keep it company though. I think TNA will look nice beside her
IMG_20200130_135026 (resized).jpgIMG_20200130_135026 (resized).jpgIMG_20200130_135030 (resized).jpgIMG_20200130_135030 (resized).jpgIMG_20200130_153838 (resized).jpgIMG_20200130_153838 (resized).jpgIMG_20200130_154128 (resized).jpgIMG_20200130_154128 (resized).jpg

maiden date (resized).jpgmaiden date (resized).jpg
#5967 4 years ago

I’ve got a pro and my orb target is tilted off to the side. Is the fix as simple as loosening a screw on the underside of the playfield, straightening the target, and tightening?

F2D17B91-F5D5-4081-8DC7-D4F41B1DCBF5 (resized).jpegF2D17B91-F5D5-4081-8DC7-D4F41B1DCBF5 (resized).jpeg
#5968 4 years ago
Quoted from truthdivides:

I’ve got a pro and my orb target is tilted off to the side. Is the fix as simple as loosening a screw on the underside of the playfield, straightening the target, and tightening?[quoted image]

It's actually easier than that. Just take a large flat screwdriver and put it on the left side of the target and carefully apply pressure towards the right until the target is centered again.

Then order the anti-lean bracket that stops this from happening again from pinball life:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

#5969 4 years ago

Well, looks like the Dec/Jan code update hasn't/isn't gonna happen, it is on the back burner to JP 1.0 as Vireland has noted. Bummer.

#5970 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's actually easier than that. Just take a large flat screwdriver and put it on the left side of the target and carefully apply pressure towards the right until the target is centered again.
Then order the anti-lean bracket that stops this from happening again from pinball life:

Thank you very much for your help!

#5971 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks Vic! Didn't know about that bracket. Finally fixing that orb target for good

#5972 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

Thanks Vic! Didn't know about that bracket. Finally fixing that orb target for good

Careful. You'll find I can spend your money like nobody's business. It's a slippery slope.

#5973 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Got it setup today before work. Man this game is even more beautiful in person, Zombie killed it! I'm going to have to bring a game downstairs to keep it company though. I think TNA will look nice beside her

Congrats, looks amazing. Excited, should be joining the club on Monday too, if all goes well. A nice minty fresh premium.

#5974 4 years ago

After a long long time trying I'm finally in the billion club in a way I least expected it. Always avoided icarus but I got over 800 million in it! Total fluke
20200131_213735.jpg20200131_213735.jpgIMG_7497(1).jpgIMG_7497(1).jpg

#5975 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

After a long long time trying I'm finally in the billion club in a way I least expected it. Always avoided icarus but I got over 800 million in it! Total fluke
[quoted image][quoted image]

I hate that mode, but if you can get in a left-right-left-right... flow on the ramps, it's an EXTREMELY lucrative mode.

#5976 4 years ago

Legacy update

#5977 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My LE looked great next to my TNA! Now I have a nice TRON in between them, one big happy family.

#5978 4 years ago

Had 3 eddie cards tonight, 2mtm lit, just had to shoot up the middle. Tried doing it with the right flipper, doesnt make it all the way and goes sdtm!!!!! I still havemt seen 2mtm! Now rules question since im getting close: i would have gotten the last card had i hit that shot, after the multi was over, would i have gone right to lighting the beast, or did i have to spell eddie again? Want to know how close i was to the beast!

#5979 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Had 3 eddie cards tonight, 2mtm lit, just had to shoot up the middle. Tried doing it with the right flipper, doesnt make it all the way and goes sdtm!!!!! I still havemt seen 2mtm! Now rules question since im getting close: i would have gotten the last card had i hit that shot, after the multi was over, would i have gone right to lighting the beast, or did i have to spell eddie again? Want to know how close i was to the beast!

Yes, after you finish 2m2m and all 4 cards light notb is started by a shot to either orbit.

#5980 4 years ago

I got a chance to to put a few games on it and managed to crack a billion today. I've played my buddies Pro probably 20 times sporadically, but now that I own it, I pretty much have all the rules figured out. I managed to get 2mtm in this game, think I got cyborg multi twice in the same game too.

I had 3 cards lit one game, and drained while 2mtm was lit...ouch.
IMG_20200201_222643 (resized).jpgIMG_20200201_222643 (resized).jpgIMG_20200201_223013 (resized).jpgIMG_20200201_223013 (resized).jpg

#5981 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

Yes, after you finish 2m2m and all 4 cards light notb is started by a shot to either orbit.

Thank you

#5982 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I got a chance to to put a few games on it and managed to crack a billion today. I've played my buddies Pro probably 20 times sporadically, but now that I own it, I pretty much have all the rules figured out. I managed to get 2mtm in this game, think I got cyborg multi twice in the same game too.
I had 3 cards lit one game, and drained while 2mtm was lit...ouch.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that’s a really impressive score for only 50ish plays. I’m stuck at 793 million but it took me a lot more plays than 50 to get it. Enjoy your new pinball.

#5983 4 years ago

Happy to post that my Iron Maiden Premium arrived today, born on January 22nd, 2020, looks amazing. The one unusual things is that it came with purple powder coated legs. Is this normal? The pictures I see on the Stern website, the legs look black...or has Stern changed the color of the legs in this latest run?

IMG_20200203_095250 (resized).jpgIMG_20200203_095250 (resized).jpg
#5984 4 years ago

Def not the normal legs, mine are black and same build date.

#5985 4 years ago

I've tried to find it in the thread already, but are there known bugs or issues with the left ramp tomb lock on the premium/LE? I've had a few instances, especially when there is alot going on during multiball where the game doesn't realize there is a ball sitting behind the tomb lock plastic waiting to be released. It will eventually release after a ball search or 3 after all the other balls drain.

#5986 4 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

Happy to post that my Iron Maiden Premium arrived today, born on January 22nd, 2020, looks amazing. The one unusual things is that it came with purple powder coated legs. Is this normal? The pictures I see on the Stern website, the legs look black...or has Stern changed the color of the legs in this latest run?[quoted image]

Those appear to be the Stranger Things LE legs.

#5987 4 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

Happy to post that my Iron Maiden Premium arrived today, born on January 22nd, 2020, looks amazing. The one unusual things is that it came with purple powder coated legs. Is this normal? The pictures I see on the Stern website, the legs look black...or has Stern changed the color of the legs in this latest run?[quoted image]

Yeah, someone put the wrong legs in that box.

#5988 4 years ago

They definitly look like Stranger Things LE legs. I'm not sure if I should keep them...or request the standard black legs from the distributor, any thoughts? They sort of look unique on the machine...I'm still kinda unsure although.

#5989 4 years ago

I'd ask them for the proper legs, my guess is they'll just let you keep those purple legs too.

#5990 4 years ago

Looks like this might be my answer possibly? Possibly it's getting stuck on that switch for a bit, and then rolling over to the plastic that stops it from leaving, which inturn confuses the game...

"Sounds like the ball is getting stuck on the switch behind the back panel. You may have to bend it down slightly to allow the ball to pass on a slow roll." - Keith

#5991 4 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

Yeah, you have a Stranger Iron Maiden Things hybrid.

#5992 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, you have a Stranger Iron Maiden Things hybrid.

Or possibly a Premium Iron Stranger Maiden Things, 1 of 1 never to be reproduced again super special limited collectors edition.....or something like that. Will definitely call the distributor and get my proper legs.

#5993 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Looks like this might be my answer possibly? Possibly it's getting stuck on that switch for a bit, and then rolling over to the plastic that stops it from leaving, which inturn confuses the game...
"Sounds like the ball is getting stuck on the switch behind the back panel. You may have to bend it down slightly to allow the ball to pass on a slow roll." - Keith

It's def that switch behind the backboard, it happens in single ball play now too. Will adjust.

#5994 4 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

They definitly look like Stranger Things LE legs. I'm not sure if I should keep them...or request the standard black legs from the distributor, any thoughts? They sort of look unique on the machine...I'm still kinda unsure although.

Those look terrible on that game! Request the black ones.

#5995 4 years ago

The correct answer is to have your lockdown. Bar and side armor powder coated to match the legs

#5996 4 years ago

Every time I turn on my IM premium, I get the same message. That the machine is searching for Node Board 10. Once I hit the start button, it appears to play a normal game.

I would appreciate any guidance. My apologies in advance if this is a dumb question. Thank you.

#5997 4 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Every time I turn on my IM premium, I get the same message. That the machine is searching for Node Board 10. Once I hit the start button, it appears to play a normal game.
I would appreciate any guidance. My apologies in advance if this is a dumb question. Thank you.

Node 10 is an SPI-only Node, whatever that means. It's the same one they use for topper control, so maybe it's handling the Anubis up/down. I'd check the connectors to/from the board (both the Ethernet ones and the 2 other 5 and 6 pin connectors) and see if reseating them eliminates the problem.

EDIT: Yeah, it looks like some kind of motor control board for the anubis.

#5998 4 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

Another question is why do you have those ugly and ridiculous so called protectors on there? It should have come with hidden stand offs.

#5999 4 years ago

Anyone know where I can get replacement screws for the center ramp.

Stern says they are #6X ½” Phillips pan head, but all my searches seem to come up with totally different screws.

#6000 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Another question is why do you have those ugly and ridiculous so called protectors on there? It should have come with hidden stand offs.

They came with the package...the local distributor added them as a "thank you" for your business gift along with sleeve of silver jet balls. They don't look that bad...at least I hope they don't

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/120?hl=pinmasher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.