(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,815 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by nickrivers
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 317.
#5851 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’ll try that. How do I re-image on a new SD card? Stern warranty thing?

There's instructions on Stern's website here:

https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

Buy the card locally and image it to work on your iron maiden. Stern has pretty notoriously awful factory SD card reliability.

#5853 4 years ago

Swapped out the launch coil with a 22-600 and installed a different shooter rod. Not sure why Stern can't figure out that the shooter rods they make are just a bit too small. Tip should be close to the ball when in a resting position, not 1/4" behind. Game launches the ball so well now. Makes playing the game so great. I tweaked the ball guide by the launch as well. Really loving this game.

#5854 4 years ago

I uploaded the legacy of the beast comic to the flyer database if anyone wants to check it out here's a link:
https://nypinball.com/flyers/iron-maiden-comic/

Maybe someone can explain to me what it means

#5855 4 years ago

I received this picture with my new premium,normal or rare?

885F84ED-FC58-46FC-B7A3-16CA075105E0 (resized).jpeg885F84ED-FC58-46FC-B7A3-16CA075105E0 (resized).jpeg
#5856 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I received this picture with my new premium,normal or rare?[quoted image]

Theres probably about 100 of them.

#5857 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Theres probably about 100 of them.

Was wounding if all premiums came with a picture,I see this is only 100 pieces but maybe there are other versions?

#5858 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Was wounding if all premiums came with a picture,I see this is only 100 pieces but maybe there are other versions?

Last fall Stern mentioned that they'd be dropping them in randomly selected machines. Fairly certain they're leftovers from Comicon.

Congrats to the above poster, that's really cool!

#5859 4 years ago

Hey all. Seems that my ramp is stuck open, and doesn't even close during the test. Any tips / insight greatly appreciated!

#5860 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Hey all. Seems that my ramp is stuck open, and doesn't even close during the test. Any tips / insight greatly appreciated!

Check the right side of the ramp flap. If it gets tweaked cockeyed, it can "rest" on the right guide wall and it prevents it from going down.

If that's not it, check the linkage to the coil release to make sure it's opening and closing fully.

#5861 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the right side of the ramp flap. If it gets tweaked cockeyed, it can "rest" on the right guide wall and it prevents it from going down.
If that's not it, check the linkage to the coil release to make sure it's opening and closing fully.

I also had the same problem from factory. I had to loosen the three screws and let it sit naturally while down and adjusted it slightly and tightened the screws again and all good.

#5862 4 years ago

Ordered the LE speaker mounts and installed new Pyle speakers with the speaker light up kit. Looks so much nicer. Picture of one speaker done and the other original.

60013717168__CD22B853-FD28-40F1-8E34-94373A62C2A5 (resized).JPG60013717168__CD22B853-FD28-40F1-8E34-94373A62C2A5 (resized).JPG
#5863 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Ordered the LE speaker mounts and installed new Pyle speakers with the speaker light up kit. Looks so much nicer. Picture of one speaker done and the other original.[quoted image]

And the sound?

#5864 4 years ago

I put in speaker light kits and the 5 1/4 speaker lit from pinwoofer. Exc sound!!

#5865 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Quoted from arkin:

I also had the same problem from factory. I had to loosen the three screws and let it sit naturally while down and adjusted it slightly and tightened the screws again and all good.

Will check this out... much appreciate it!

#5866 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Ordered the LE speaker mounts and installed new Pyle speakers with the speaker light up kit. Looks so much nicer. Picture of one speaker done and the other original.[quoted image]

Let's see em' lit up!

I should have 5.25" speaker plates available soon(ish) for this type of upgrade. They will be lower cost than the ones that are available now and if purchased with a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit...they will be a significant lower price (less than half the price) than they are available for now.

I have been trying to get these done for months, but there have been unexpected issues that have slowed things down. I received a new prototype plate today and hope to do some test fitting this weekend. Early signs are looking good, so hopefully I can place my first order for them next week.

When I get the 5.25" speaker plates finished, I also plan on listing a variety of custom color acrylic surrounds on my website.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#5867 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Let's see em' lit up!
I should have 5.25" speaker plates available soon(ish) for this type of upgrade. They will be lower cost than the ones that are available now and if purchased with a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit...they will be a significant lower price (less than half the price) than they are available for now.
I have been trying to get these done for months, but there have been unexpected issues that have slowed things down. I received a new prototype plate today and hope to do some test fitting this weekend. Early signs are looking good, so hopefully I can place my first order for them next week.
When I get the 5.25" speaker plates finished, I also plan on listing a variety of custom color acrylic surrounds on my website.

Not Maiden but looks great on JP!
Picture doesn't do it justice, these look insanely cool, tons of color patterns.
Highly Recommended, Doug is great too!

20200108_220157 (resized).jpg20200108_220157 (resized).jpg
#5868 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

And the sound?

It does sound much better, will be installing a pinwoofer kit in the near future. I have them in AC/DC and Metallica and the improvement is phenomenal.

#5869 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Let's see em' lit up!

I'll take a video tonight, been trying to get all the games ready for Saturday's get together. Installing a shaker motor on the game as well.

#5870 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

It does sound much better, will be installing a pinwoofer kit in the near future. I have them in AC/DC and Metallica and the improvement is phenomenal.

Quoted from Kawydud:

I'll take a video tonight, been trying to get all the games ready for Saturday's get together. Installing a shaker motor on the game as well.

It's good to hear about the audio improvement and what you said sounds in line with what I have heard from others that did the 4" to 5.25" speaker upgrade. Adding the bigger 5.25" speakers enhances the sound and adding a powered amp for them improves that even more.

A couple of weeks ago I bough a pair of those 5.25" Pyle speakers from Amazon to test their fitting with my Speaker Light Kits. I heard PinWoofer was selling them with some of his audio enhancement kits and I figured I should check how those speakers and my light kits fit together. I was glad to see they fit fine and after testing my light kits with various other 5.25" speakers (JBL, Kenwood, Flipper Fidelity) I have yet to run into any issues with any 5.25" speakers mounting with them.

#5871 4 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

I checked the flipper gap, it was fine. I checked the flipper mech and it appears ok, moving the mech by hand feels pretty smooth. I decreased the playfield pitch a bit. I changed feature adjustments 65+66 to hard, and I even tried soft - no discernible difference. I pulled the coil stop off and adjusted to try to get a smoother mechanism. No change, anytime you hit the ramp from the right it just dribbles over the edge. I guess I'll wax the playfield, but it seems like I should be able to hit the shot on a NIB without doing that.
Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm open to any other suggestions.

Fresh out of the box, I couldn't hit the bullseye target from the right flipper. Couldn't seem to fix it. Then I noticed that the flipper would deflect downward while held up when a ball hit it, while the left flipper was rock solid. I decided to rebuild the flipper, and when I took it apart, I discovered that the coil stop was broken; the little nub of metal that is in the center of the plate had come off and was floating in the coil sleeve. I rebuilt the flipper with a new stop and new sleeve, and the flipper is now rock solid, and can hit the bullseye target.

#5872 4 years ago
Quoted from Daemin:

Fresh out of the box, I couldn't hit the bullseye target from the right flipper. Couldn't seem to fix it. Then I noticed that the flipper would deflect downward while held up when a ball hit it, while the left flipper was rock solid. I decided to rebuild the flipper, and when I took it apart, I discovered that the coil stop was broken; the little nub of metal that is in the center of the plate had come off and was floating in the coil sleeve. I rebuilt the flipper with a new stop and new sleeve, and the flipper is now rock solid, and can hit the bullseye target.

Stern has been having a ton of these fail recently. NIB games fail after a couple hundred plays.

#5873 4 years ago

I can't say enough great things about PinWoofer's systems ... It is one of the Mod's I am making to IMDN. I will likely add in Doug's Speaker lights as well, those look f'in sexy!

#5874 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I can't say enough great things about PinWoofer's systems ... It is one of the Mod's I am making to IMDN. I will likely add in Doug's Speaker lights as well, those look f'in sexy!

I have Doug's speaker lights on mine. It looks incredible! I consider his speaker lights a mandatory mod on any new game I get now.

Thinking seriously about the PinWoofer setup for the speakers on my IM Pro. I put Flipper Fidelity in my Metallica Pro, and while it made it sound better, it wasn't the radical difference I hoped for/expected.

#5875 4 years ago

Are the speaker light kits interactive with game or do you have to use the remote?

#5876 4 years ago

The lights can be set to be interactive if you choose that option, otherwise it is set with the remote. Here is a video I just took of them in standard mode.

#5877 4 years ago

I also installed the ramp decals from Tilt Graphics, make the ramps match the artwork of the premium.

IMG_6062 (resized).jpgIMG_6062 (resized).jpgIMG_6063 (resized).jpgIMG_6063 (resized).jpg
#5878 4 years ago

I've got the speaker lights set on interactive with the game. Works so good, if you talk loud ,speakers will pulse. Very cool setup

#5879 4 years ago

So I'm lost here... When I first got the game, I was getting the Trooper card nearly every game. The MB would start, and somehow I'd hit enough things to qualify it.

Now, it seems to be the one card I am always missing. I start Trooper MB, clear the drops, collect the SJP from the centre ramp shot, and then just try to hit a bunch of the blue shots. Do I have to get every single on of them?

#5880 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

So I'm lost here... When I first got the game, I was getting the Trooper card nearly every game. The MB would start, and somehow I'd hit enough things to qualify it.
Now, it seems to be the one card I am always missing. I start Trooper MB, clear the drops, collect the SJP from the centre ramp shot, and then just try to hit a bunch of the blue shots. Do I have to get every single on of them?

The cannon shot is the center ramp shot. That shot lights after you clear the drops, and the first one adds a ball, and it collects a random number of other lit jackpot shots.

The super jackpot shot can be collected after you hit a certain number of lit jackpot shots (I think its like 4 or something), and is the jackpot shot from the upper left flipper. That is what gets you the card.

Please see: http://tiltforums.com/t/iron-maiden-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3787

#5881 4 years ago

SJP is not the center bullseye. The center bullseye lights after knocking down all drop targets, and awards one two or three jackpots. It takes 3 or 4 completed jackpots to light SJP which is the upper shot from the upper left flipper. You can hit it both from the mini flipper as well as deflecting off of the captive ball or the right center ramp post. Hitting SJP will move all lit jackpots up one multiplier.

Gogdog was faster than I!

#5882 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

SJP is not the center bullseye. The center bullseye lights after knocking down all drop targets, and awards one two or three jackpots. It takes 3 or 4 completed jackpots to light SJP which is the upper shot from the upper left flipper. You can hit it both from the mini flipper as well as deflecting off of the captive ball or the right center ramp post. Hitting SJP will move all lit jackpots up one multiplier.
Gogdog was faster than I!

Yeah, I find it way more consistent to hit the super jackpot with the lower left flipper making a shot just wide of the center ramp that deflects in off the post, especially when it's hectic in multiball.

#5883 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I find it way more consistent to hit the super jackpot with the lower left flipper making a shot just wide of the center ramp that deflects in off the post, especially when it's hectic in multiball.

Agreed. Still a really good feeling shot to hit. I also really like hitting the right side of the captive ball from the right flipper, though find it less reliable than the post shot.

#5884 4 years ago

Beat it up tonight. Wife was upset she hardly got to play being player 2! Haha
809 million!

5DCF1580-2DF3-4DD0-AF7F-11478C41198D.jpeg5DCF1580-2DF3-4DD0-AF7F-11478C41198D.jpeg
#5885 4 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Beat it up tonight. Wife was upset she hardly got to play being player 2! Haha
809 million![quoted image]

Congratulations that’s a beast of a score. Your wife did awesome too!

#5886 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So the SJP is the loop with the deadend that you can hit from upper left flipper?

Funny how I was collecting this with ease until I started thinking about it!

#5887 4 years ago

So the SJP is the loop with the deadend that you can hit from upper left flipper?
Funny how I was collecting this with ease until I started thinking about it!

Yes. It's the next passage to the right of the center ramp.

#5888 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Stern has been having a ton of these fail recently. NIB games fail after a couple hundred plays.

And by "recently" it's been this way for years and years. I keep a supply of replacement coil stops from Pinball Life so I'm ready to swap out the stops on any newer Stern I pickup.

#5889 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. It's the next passage to the right of the center ramp.

Do you save your progress the same way Mummy MB works?

#5890 4 years ago

I don't think so, but I don't really know. I usually get it in the first Trooper multiball.

#5891 4 years ago

Yes. But like mummy, progress is only saved up to the completed SJP (jackpot in mummy).

ie. If you shoot 5 jackpots in trooper but don't get the SJP you will start over at the beginning the second time. If you get two (or however many) and a a couple jackpots, it will save progress up to the last completed SJP

Getting to the fourth or fifth SJP in trooper is where all the points are at. Not a high value mode until you get to level 2 card.

#5892 4 years ago

It's my Birthday on the 28th Keith. Maybe a code update for the weekend? I keep telling my friends I will have them over for an update party.

#5893 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

It's my Birthday on the 28th Keith. Maybe a code update for the weekend? I keep telling my friends I will have them over for an update party.

Keep watching JP. When it hits 1.00, you know the Iron Maiden update is close.

#5894 4 years ago

Don’t care about JP, our code is most likely just waiting to be posted—so let’s go!

#5895 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Don’t care about JP, our code is most likely just waiting to be posted—so let’s go!

All I'm saying is Keith said Iron Maiden code will not be up until JP hits 1.00, so that's your sign to look for.

#5896 4 years ago

No worries, I know that is the deal but I don’t see why we need to take a backseat to JP. I was hoping for mid December, now January is slipping away...

#5897 4 years ago

Oh ffs!!
What's the easiest card for me to get? Trooper. Like pretty much every single game.
What card have I only gotten a small handful of times? 2m2m.
So this bs just happened lol.
I was so close to the beast but I somehow didnt collect the trooper card in either of the 2 trooper mb. That's pinball

20200118_002307 (resized).jpg20200118_002307 (resized).jpg
#5898 4 years ago

Hi guys , I’m considering picking one of theses up probably a LE. My question is : is the game to easy ?
I’m a decent player and played the pin a total of 8-9 times and I’m on it for long periods of time. Just curious!
Thank you

#5899 4 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Hi guys , I’m considering picking one of theses up probably a LE. My question is : is the game to easy ?
I’m a decent player and played the pin a total of 8-9 times and I’m on it for long periods of time. Just curious!
Thank you

The machine you're playing probably is either pitched to shallow or doesn't have the outlanes wide open, or both. Pitched right with wide open outlanes it's not too easy.

#5900 4 years ago

Just want it to share

41C8CEAE-DDF3-487C-BBEC-D97177AB7442 (resized).jpeg41C8CEAE-DDF3-487C-BBEC-D97177AB7442 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.50
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/118?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.