(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,767 posts
  • 1,049 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Oneironaut
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
Ironmaidenshipped (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_182738510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_165233504 (resized).jpg
20240407_164052@4 (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4950 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4947 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3432 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,767 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 316.
#5801 4 years ago

Hi guys. Were there other Iron Maiden machines? My friend said he played one in the 80's! (by Stern!) He said there were more than one Iron Maiden machines. Is this true? Thanks!

#5802 4 years ago

There is another but it doesnt have to do with the band.
Click on machines at the top and search.

#5803 4 years ago
Screenshot_20191224-140039 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191224-140039 (resized).png
#5804 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Doesn't sound like his norm. He's usually amazing with communication and customer service.

Glad to hear that it's not normal. And yet, I still have non-functional art blades and no communication. It's weird.

#5805 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

There is another but it doesnt have to do with the band.

Thanks! The other 2 machines were one offs.

#5806 4 years ago
Quoted from quickstop:

Thought I would give a great customer service shoutout to Pingraffix. I recently ordered standard pinblades through them for my Maiden and one of the blades arrived with some damage. I contacted Joe and he said he would send a replacement. To my surprise he sent the power bladez as a replacement.[quoted image]

So glad you like them and you are happy.. Enjoy them to the fullest.

Quoted from PinMonk:

At least you got awesome customer service. He won't reply to my emails trying to get a replacement for an AfM powerbladez inverter that died. I got one response in October when I initially emailed him where he asked for a picture of the one that failed, which I sent immediately. Nothing for every followup I've sent since then. Crazy.

PM sent

#5807 4 years ago

Got a Modfather Anubis statue for Xmas from a relative who doesn't know pinball very well, which is designed for the Sarcophagus ball lock on the Pro. I have the Premium, which has a vastly different piece there. After a tiny bit of looking around there's a great alternate spot for it, which works with the screwhole tab under the Anubis as well. Back left on top of the ramp guard, using a screw in the back.

IMG_20191228_200616.jpgIMG_20191228_200616.jpg

Just putting this here FYI. Now to swap out that cheapo looking plastic Anubis on the back for vireland's nice 3D Anubis.

#5808 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Got a Modfather Anubis statue for Xmas from a relative who doesn't know pinball very well, which is designed for the Sarcophagus ball lock on the Pro. I have the Premium, which has a vastly different piece there. After a tiny bit of looking around there's a great alternate spot for it, which works with the screwhole tab under the Anubis as well. Back left on top of the ramp guard, using a screw in the back.
[quoted image]
Just putting this here FYI. Now to swap out that cheapo looking plastic Anubis on the back for vireland's nice 3D Anubis.

Thanks for the 3D Anubis compliment!

The matching columns/torch mod is almost ready to go. Getting the mounting right has been a bit of a nightmare. Been testing it for months, and I really dig the more complete look.

Anubis_Columns_with_Torches.gifAnubis_Columns_with_Torches.gif
#5809 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for the 3D Anubis compliment!

My pleasure, it's a great looking piece. Will be ordering it soon.

BTW, been meaning to ask you, are you Victor? If so, we've been bumping into each other for upwards of 25 years here and there, from various rec.games.video.* newsgroups through NeoGAF and whatever else. Back in the old usenet days I used to manage user-submitted high score lists for arcade and classic console games, which Walter Day *cough* "borrowed" to help get his Twin Galaxies running again in the '90s, but I digress. Great to see you around!

#5810 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

My pleasure, it's a great looking piece. Will be ordering it soon.
BTW, been meaning to ask you, are you Victor? If so, we've been bumping into each other for upwards of 25 years here and there, from various rec.games.video.* newsgroups through NeoGAF and whatever else. Back in the old usenet days I used to manage user-submitted high score lists for arcade and classic console games, which Walter Day *cough* "borrowed" to help get his Twin Galaxies running again in the '90s, but I digress. Great to see you around!

Yes. There's a lot of crossover between videogames and pinball, so it's not surprising. I was sidelined abruptly from the game stuff after surgery I had a couple years ago that really threw me for a loop, so I've had a few years to dabble more in pinball stuff until I'm up to doing more game stuff again.

#5811 4 years ago

So I just spent the last 30 minutes reading through every sarcophagus post I could find in this thread.

I am having an issue that I have not come across, wondering if anyone has any advice?

I have already done a switch test and the switch behind the moving wall is functioning perfect the two switches in the sarcophagus lock both active 100%, The to mb moves to all different levels properly without any issues.

So here's the problem...

Once I hit the captive ball and spell mummy, The left ramp back wall opens and the tomb raises to catch the ball.
I hit the ball through the switch activates the second door to let the ball out and the ball falls into the tomb. However, the tomb will then just move back down all the way to the bottom releasing the ball into the center lane VUK.

This means that I can never activate mummy.

I can't seem to figure this one out...

It's not a switch issue, it almost seems like a logic issue in the programming.

The weirdest part is, I have the updated code installed for months now, and this only started in the last week or so.

#5812 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

So I just spent the last 30 minutes reading through every sarcophagus post I could find in this thread.
I am having an issue that I have not come across, wondering if anyone has any advice?
I have already done a switch test and the switch behind the moving wall is functioning perfect the two switches in the sarcophagus lock both active 100%, The to mb moves to all different levels properly without any issues.
So here's the problem...
Once I hit the captive ball and spell mummy, The left ramp back wall opens and the tomb raises to catch the ball.
I hit the ball through the switch activates the second door to let the ball out and the ball falls into the tomb. However, the tomb will then just move back down all the way to the bottom releasing the ball into the center lane VUK.
This means that I can never activate mummy.
I can't seem to figure this one out...
It's not a switch issue, it almost seems like a logic issue in the programming.
The weirdest part is, I have the updated code installed for months now, and this only started in the last week or so.

It's a switch problem.

Get the game into switch test mode with the sarcophagus raised. While in switch mode, manually roll the ball into the sarcophagus (maybe recording the screen in slo-mo with an iphone or the like on a stand in case the switch activation sequence is too fast to discern in real time). You will likely have an unexpected switch activation there that makes the machine think it needs to unplug a jam. It may be the switch for the kickout at the underworld. Some combination of switches is causing the issue. Once you know which one(s), you can correct so it plays right.

#5813 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a switch problem.
Get the game into switch test mode with the sarcophagus raised. While in switch mode, manually roll the ball into the sarcophagus (maybe recording the screen in slo-mo with an iphone or the like on a stand in case the switch activation sequence is too fast to discern in real time). You will likely have an unexpected switch activation there that makes the machine think it needs to unplug a jam. It may be the switch for the kickout at the underworld. Some combination of switches is causing the issue. Once you know which one(s), you can correct so it plays right.

It's definitely before the underworld switch, as it decides to dump the ball before it ever gets there.

I was still able to collect tomb treasures so it's not the switch behind the backboard.

When I roll the ball, it seems to be normal. First switch on, and then off then second switch on as it rests there.

#5814 4 years ago

I’d say switch issue...Replace the switches in the lock mech with the recommended ones with the little rollers on them. Doug has them at PlayerOne. Start there.

#5815 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

It's definitely before the underworld switch, as it decides to dump the ball before it ever gets there.
I was still able to collect tomb treasures so it's not the switch behind the backboard.
When I roll the ball, it seems to be normal. First switch on, and then off then second switch on as it rests there.

Does the sarcophagus ever stop at the center position? Maybe the sensor for the center position of the mech is not working right so it can't sense when it's there and keeps going. What does test mode for that mech say?

#5816 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Does the sarcophagus ever stop at the center position? Maybe the sensor for the center position of the mech is not working right so it can't sense when it's there and keeps going. What does test mode for that mech say?

It doesn't stop (during gameplay)

Mech tests fine in all positions.

I will test switches tonight or tomorrow, haven't been in the basement since I posted

#5817 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

It doesn't stop (during gameplay)
Mech tests fine in all positions.
I will test switches tonight or tomorrow, haven't been in the basement since I posted

The fact that it stops in the middle in test mode means the mech position marks are working fine, that was my concern.

#5818 4 years ago

The switches tested fine in test mode for me... it is the blade on the switch that doesn’t work well in that mech, either getting caught under the edge of the metal on mech making it read closed or the ball rolls past the short arm on the switch making it read open when it isn’t.

#5819 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I’d say switch issue...Replace the switches in the lock mech with the recommended ones with the little rollers on them. Doug has them at PlayerOne. Start there.

This! This mech is basically a shallow ball trough and really needs the roller-switches for reliability.

#5820 4 years ago

Tested with ball using slow mo suggested by PinMonk

Switches fire in order:

1) captive ball switch (top switch)
2) top ball sense switch (captive ball switch) this seems odd to me
3) ball lock switch (lower switch inside tomb)

Once ball sits, only the ball lock switch (step 3) stays lit.

#5821 4 years ago

Update,

Played with the spoon of the captive ball, it solved the issue for a game or two, but now the issue is back.

This is horribly frustrating

#5822 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Update,
Played with the spoon of the captive ball, it solved the issue for a game or two, but now the issue is back.
This is horribly frustrating

Just replace the switches and your frustrations will go away.

#5823 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Just replace the switches and your frustrations will go away.

On the spoon?

#5824 4 years ago

Decided to pull apart the switch from the spoon, was hella dirty. Cleaned up and working again.

Let's hope it's better for good now.

It was never an issue for over a year

#5825 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Decided to pull apart the switch from the spoon, was hella dirty. Cleaned up and working again.
Let's hope it's better for good now.
It was never an issue for over a year

You seem really hesitant to replace the switches in the mech... is there a reason for that? I think I paid less than $20 for them and I never had a ball lock issue again. Cheap investment to cross that off the list of potential issues.

#5826 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

You seem really hesitant to replace the switches in the mech... is there a reason for that? I think I paid less than $20 for them and I never had a ball lock issue again. Cheap investment to cross that off the list of potential issues.

A few hesitations.

1) I never had an issue until now, so I feel like it's just dirty or maladjusted, and thus why not keep what works, just get it working again

2) I'm not a tech. Sure I can fix and repair issues, but I'm always hesitant to do it. Purely personal

3) can't get the switches as p1 is closed until the new year, and even then, I never have time off during the day to get there. So just getting the switches is actually the hardest part.

#5827 4 years ago

Also, seems like the problem is based on the mummy Newton ball, not the tomb switches

So I'm just not sure I want to year out the tomb switches if they aren't the cause (see point 1 above)

#5828 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Also, seems like the problem is based on the mummy Newton ball, not the tomb switches
So I'm just not sure I want to year out the tomb switches if they aren't the cause (see point 1 above)

Thanks for the thoughts @Meegis, gives me some idea where your head is at . The symptom reported with the ball dropping into the lock and then immediately being dumped into the subway and back into play really sounds trough related to me... the newton ball mech is a simple leaf switch, that, agreed, needs adjusting from time to time but if it were to fail would give you one of two behaviours, fewer ball hits than you're expecting or more ball hits than you're expecting. If it were more hits than expecting you'd here that audible callouts constantly going off while the ball was in play as it would just keep registering hits... assuming the switch wasn't completely/constantly in a closed state... this isn't uncommon to register phantom/ghost hits when it is adjusted too tightly as vibration can set it off...the other symptom of not enough ball hits wouldn't produce an outcome of the lock automatically dumping the ball back into play... so it doesn't feel like a newton ball issue to me...

I didn't know P1 was closed and I have the same issue getting out there during working hours, and shipping for 3 switches kind of sucks. Couple that with the fact that if you don't like doing more repairs than you need to, pulling that mech kind of sucks. You need to take out a number of screws and disassemble the newton ball mech entirely to get the ball lock mech out. Not the biggest of tasks but not a simple one either.

Hopefully the adjustments on your newton ball does the trick for you!

#5829 4 years ago

I just fixed a similar issue on my sarcophagus; it was sometimes dumping balls out immediately after a lock or occasionally later during gameplay. Problem was broken soder joint on one blade of switch 65 (sarcophagus flat position). Bigger problem was the fact the heatshrink sleeve they install over the solder joint kept the wire pressed against the tab from the switch, so the break was hidden from view and it worked *most* of the time.

Check for broken solder joints on the switches under the playfield that track the sarco position.

#5830 4 years ago

Long time listener, first time caller. My IMDN Pro ships today .... It joins a well-respected music Pin line up. Stoked to finally join the club!

#5831 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Long time listener, first time caller. My IMDN Pro ships today .... It joins a well-respected music Pin line up. Stoked to finally join the club!

Congratulations. You're going to love it. One of the best machines ever. I can't foresee mine leaving.

#5832 4 years ago

OK, it didn't happen if December--so let's hope our rumored code update does in fact drop this month--that would be a very nice present!

#5833 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

OK, it didn't happen if December--so let's hope our rumored code update does in fact drop this month--that would be a very nice present!

I've owned my Maiden for a year plus about 10 days. I havent updated code since unboxing day lol. It will be nice to see some kinks worked out but this game already plays so well. I'd like to see a jukebox mode and reset to attract mode.

#5834 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I've owned my Maiden for a year plus about 10 days. I havent updated code since unboxing day lol.

??? Why would you not update to the latest code? I don't understand.... Any time new code drops, I can't get installed fast enough.

#5835 4 years ago

Never gets old watching Keith run in Fear of the Dark mode

Classic.

#5836 4 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

??? Why would you not update to the latest code? I don't understand.... Any time new code drops, I can't get installed fast enough.

My point was that I installed the latest code over a year ago and there hasnt been an update since. I AM on current code. It's all I've played.

#5837 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

My point was that I installed the latest code over a year ago and there hasnt been an update since. I AM on current code. It's all I've played.

The last update was less than a year ago.... Hence the confusion.

#5838 4 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Keith said he expected a new release Dec/Jan, so we should be getting it any time.

(It hasn't been a year quite yet, actually)

#5839 4 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Now that you mention it I must have played a couple games on old code because i remember the missile silo tilt screen before the beast tilt animation.
(Just checked and last update was 01/10/19 so I had the game for 3 weeks.)
I just didnt know the game enough back then to remember any changes made in January.
I'm excited to see what Keith has tweaked or added.

#5840 4 years ago

I’m still on 1.05. I need to update to 1.06 but I was trying to understand all the rules before I updated.

#5841 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’m still on 1.05. I need to update to 1.06 but I was trying to understand all the rules before I updated.

Don't try and understand all the rules because things change with the new version. No need to waste time on the old version.

#5842 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Classic.

This came up on my game a couple days ago. I haven't seen it in ages (I'm on 1.06 code), was so cool.

#5843 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

This came up on my game a couple days ago. I haven't seen it in ages (I'm on 1.06 code), was so cool.

You can change how often you see it in the adjustments menu I think.

#5844 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Classic.

Funny i've never noticed. Maybe i'm not looking at the screen enough while playing?? Guess i'll have to pay more attention

#5845 4 years ago

So apparently Iron Maiden's next code update won't come until after JP hits 1.0. Shouldn't be long now since JP is at 0.96.

#5846 4 years ago

what else is there to add on maiden? seems pretty complete already

#5847 4 years ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

what else is there to add on maiden? seems pretty complete already

Not so much add as take care of the not-inconsequential list of bugs and niggly things still hanging around. I don't think they even fixed the memory leak that causes the game to crash hard that they "fixed" the Microsoft/JJP way by making the machine just reboot every 24 hours.

I hope they do add a bit more content (the whole animated intro from the mobile game they've borrowed from would add a LOT to the attract mode to explain the game scenario), but I really am happy with what's in there already overall.

Bug/wishlist thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features

#5848 4 years ago

I’m trying to update code from 1.05 to 1.06 and shortly after starting the update it stops and says failure to unpack file and there is also Spanish and English text prompts? Doesn’t seem right, should I be changing any of the dip switch setting before starting the update?

#5849 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’m trying to update code from 1.05 to 1.06 and shortly after starting the update it stops and says failure to unpack file and there is also Spanish and English text prompts? Doesn’t seem right, should I be changing any of the dip switch setting before starting the update?

No, I'd re-download the code update and try again

If that doesn't work, try a different USB thumbdrive

If you're still in the weeds, maybe the SD card is failing and you need to reimage on a new SD card.

#5850 4 years ago

I’ll try that. How do I re-image on a new SD card? Stern warranty thing?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 15,767 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/117?hl=atrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.