(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,818 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 minutes ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 317.
#5751 4 years ago

I have a busted bottom left slingshot rod. It broke where the nut chiseled into the rod and sawed the thing in two. I have ordered, what i thought, were the right rod from both Marco and then Pinball Life, both to wide to screw into the playfield. Any ideas what the right size replacement is? I figure 2 inches is the correct length per my measurements of it but not sure the diameter.

#5752 4 years ago

Where can one buy that Anubis figure detailed exactly the way you have? Looks friggin awesome! Will that bolt right up to an LE?

Quoted from kimzone:

this time last year i went out bought Iron maiden premium 2nd NIB it has been very reliable only thing gone wrong with machine broken ramp now there had been 6673 total plays on Iron Maiden[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

6800B234-1E17-4913-81AA-6A7FF6F57C6A (resized).jpeg6800B234-1E17-4913-81AA-6A7FF6F57C6A (resized).jpeg
#5753 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Where can one buy that Anubis figure detailed exactly the way you have? Looks friggin awesome! Will that bolt right up to an LE?
[quoted image]

He painted that one himself using the 3D one I sell. There are a bunch of different ways people have painted and/or age-washed them to their personal taste in the main thread...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-anubis-3d-character-for-left-ramp/page/5#post-5063377

There are a bunch of cool ideas in that thread if you don't want to leave it with the stock sandstone/gold look.

I also almost have the 3D columns and torches done for that area:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-3d-columns-with-torches-to-go-with-3d-anubis

#5754 4 years ago

I thought that was yours Pin Monk. Looks really sweet detailed out by a skilled hand. I’ll be ordering one from you shortly. Those columns look promising as well, you do great work The colored insert lenses I bought from you are the cat’s meow

Quoted from PinMonk:

He painted that one himself using the 3D one I sell. There are a bunch of different ways people have painted and/or age-washed them to their personal taste in the main thread...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-anubis-3d-character-for-left-ramp/page/5#post-5063377
There are a bunch of cool ideas in that thread if you don't want to leave it with the stock sandstone/gold look.
I also almost have the 3D columns and torches done for that area:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-3d-columns-with-torches-to-go-with-3d-anubis

#5755 4 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

I have a busted bottom left slingshot rod. It broke where the nut chiseled into the rod and sawed the thing in two. I have ordered, what i thought, were the right rod from both Marco and then Pinball Life, both to wide to screw into the playfield. Any ideas what the right size replacement is? I figure 2 inches is the correct length per my measurements of it but not sure the diameter.

What do you mean by slingshot rod? Can you post a picture?

#5756 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

[quoted image]

hello there
i order it from VIRELAND he really does some awesome mods for machine i hand paint Anubis figure i look on pinside

#5757 4 years ago

I don't have my game yet my Premium is showing up this week but my daughter already painted the Anubis upgrade in anticipation for the arrival. I can't wait to install it in my new Iron Maiden Pinball

IMG_8775 (resized).jpgIMG_8775 (resized).jpg
#5758 4 years ago
Quoted from arkin:

I don't have my game yet my Premium is showing up this week but my daughter already painted the Anubis upgrade in anticipation for the arrival. I can't wait to install it in my new Iron Maiden Pinball [quoted image]

Wow, what a great job on the detailing! Super-clean lines! I love seeing what people do to customize theirs!

I'm not sure if she realized it, but there are 3 gems on a square area "weighting" the head dress on each side at the ends where it lays over the chest band.

#5759 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, what a great job on the detailing! Super-clean lines! I love seeing what people do to customize theirs!
I'm not sure if she realized it, but there are 3 gems on a square area "weighting" the head dress on each side at the ends where it lays over the chest band.

Didn't see those thanks so much Pin Monk! Keep up the amazing work, I am a huge fan of your work.

#5760 4 years ago
Quoted from arkin:

Didn't see those thanks so much Pin Monk! Keep up the amazing work, I am a huge fan of your work.

Thanks. The Maiden 3D columns and torches are FINALLY done and will go to a couple pinsiders for field testing before I sell them. Mounting was a total pain to get right and because of the way the Prem/LE Anubis moves and the columns mount, I'll have to have a discrete set for Pro and another for Prem/LE that will have slightly different mounting and a clipped left column base for the Prem/LE to allow Anubis movement.

It's been worth the effort, though. I've spent enough time with the 3D ones now that the plastic ones look wrong now.

#5761 4 years ago
Quoted from arkin:

I don't have my game yet my Premium is showing up this week but my daughter already painted the Anubis upgrade in anticipation for the arrival. I can't wait to install it in my new Iron Maiden Pinball [quoted image]

That’s great work! Great pin too, congrats!

#5762 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

What do you mean by slingshot rod? Can you post a picture?

Bottom one. By the 02

D06DFAF9-C9FA-4AE6-B41D-ECF13BAEAC89 (resized).jpegD06DFAF9-C9FA-4AE6-B41D-ECF13BAEAC89 (resized).jpeg
#5763 4 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Bottom one. By the 02[quoted image]

Dang, haven't broken one of those posts unless I was taking something apart. Of course the new manuals don't show the different posts used. Attached is a sheet from Metallica, shows all of the different sizes and part numbers. I believe this is the one you need, but double check your measurements. https://www.pinballlife.com/machine-poststud-530-5012-02.html

Posts.pdfPosts.pdf
#5764 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Dang, haven't broken one of those posts unless I was taking something apart. Of course the new manuals don't show the different posts used. Attached is a sheet from Metallica, shows all of the different sizes and part numbers. I believe this is the one you need, but double check your measurements. https://www.pinballlife.com/machine-poststud-530-5012-02.html[quoted image]

Great! Thanks. I’ll take a look and do some comparing. I broke it twisting the nut off. Or attempting to. For some reason it was stuck on the post and twisting the nut sliced the post in two with the nut still intact to the post after. Weird. I had removed it before and was careful to not put it back in too tight. Guess not

#5765 4 years ago

I wonder if someone with pinbrowser knowledge could help me out. I'm computer illiterate but I own a pro and I'd like to swap out Can I Play with Madness for Dont Stop Me Now by Queen. Both tracks are within a second or two of eachother. I dont really like Can I Play with Madness and I dont have a premium so it never gets played anyway. Would someone be willing to send me a file with the swap?

#5766 4 years ago

I installed the real Knocker from pinball life and the same options are not in the settings to make it work. Latest firmware. What am I missing?

#5767 4 years ago

In the past month I picked up both an Iron Maiden Pro and Jurassic Park Premium. I’ve spent a fair amount of time with both now and while they are both amazing games, I have to say I’m having more fun playing the IM. This really surprised me, and I’m trying to figure out why it is.

First of all, I’m not a very good player and JP is pretty brutal when you are missing shots. IM doesn’t seem to have as many tight shots as JP. I’ve gotten much better at hitting the left ramp on IM but the right ramp and both of the half loop ramps on JP still give me fits.

Secondly, I really love the sound package on IM. I am a big Maiden fan but it is more than that. The call outs are just head and shoulders above JP.

I think I also like the variety of modes on IM vs the paddock repetition on JP. There is lots more than that I know (control rooms, CHAOS, TRex, Raptor, pteranodon) but it still feels repetitive, likely because of my mediocre skills and not getting very deep into the game.

Anybody else feel the same way? I fully expect to love JP more as I get better at it, but as of right now I am more inclined to hit the start button on IM than JP.

#5768 4 years ago

While I don't have a JP, I've played it a bunch on location. I do own an IMDN pro. While I like the shots on the JP, I'm just ok with the artwork, music, and callouts. I understand that it suits JP, it's just kind of blah to me. I'm not a Iron Maiden fan, but I am a rock kind of guy. The music and callouts are great on IMDN. I love the Zombi Yeti artwork as well. IMDN seams to play faster for some reason. I could not see IMDN leaving any time soon, if ever.

#5769 4 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

In the past month I picked up both an Iron Maiden Pro and Jurassic Park Premium. I’ve spent a fair amount of time with both now and while they are both amazing games, I have to say I’m having more fun playing the IM. This really surprised me, and I’m trying to figure out why it is.
First of all, I’m not a very good player and JP is pretty brutal when you are missing shots. IM doesn’t seem to have as many tight shots as JP. I’ve gotten much better at hitting the left ramp on IM but the right ramp and both of the half loop ramps on JP still give me fits.
Secondly, I really love the sound package on IM. I am a big Maiden fan but it is more than that. The call outs are just head and shoulders above JP.
I think I also like the variety of modes on IM vs the paddock repetition on JP. There is lots more than that I know (control rooms, CHAOS, TRex, Raptor, pteranodon) but it still feels repetitive, likely because of my mediocre skills and not getting very deep into the game.
Anybody else feel the same way? I fully expect to love JP more as I get better at it, but as of right now I am more inclined to hit the start button on IM than JP.

Agree, the sound package on JP just isn't a classic. It is what it is though as the game itself is superb.

#5770 4 years ago

I agree iron maiden is superior to jurassic park. But both are excellent.

I would like to own both but I will be buying iron maiden first, myself.

#5771 4 years ago

I have a really good time playing Jurassic park. Much more than I anticipated. There is more coming I'm sure. Pinball is rocking right now.

#5772 4 years ago

Is there somewhere that lists what the effects of installing competition mode on the game are?

#5773 4 years ago

This too. Merry Christmas!

E40626BA-08DB-41ED-BC9F-293DE1292F55 (resized).jpegE40626BA-08DB-41ED-BC9F-293DE1292F55 (resized).jpeg
#5774 4 years ago

Joined the club tonight!! Question for you guys while I catch up on the thread: on the premium, should you be able to hit the target behind center ramp from the right flipper? I know you can on the pro, but I don't think I was able to hit it at all on my new premium in the handful of games I played tonight.
IMG_20191218_173453 (resized).jpgIMG_20191218_173453 (resized).jpg

#5775 4 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Joined the club tonight!! Question for you guys while I catch up on the thread: on the premium, should you be able to hit the target behind center ramp from the right flipper? I know you can on the pro, but I don't think I was able to hit it at all on my new premium in the handful of games I played tonight.
[quoted image]

That should be pretty much the same shot between the premium and pro. Check the flipper power settings and give the playfield a good waxing.

#5776 4 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Joined the club tonight!! Question for you guys while I catch up on the thread: on the premium, should you be able to hit the target behind center ramp from the right flipper? I know you can on the pro, but I don't think I was able to hit it at

I agree, on my pro was way easier, can be done on prem. But harder. I'm on full flipper strength and waxed regularly

#5777 4 years ago

Joining the club! Bought the prem because i love the egypt theme.

Now i must paint my 3D Anubis figure

#5778 4 years ago

Who here has the iron maiden stern topper?

#5779 4 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

That should be pretty much the same shot between the premium and pro. Check the flipper power settings and give the playfield a good waxing.

This was my first NIB machine, should I really be waxing it right out of the box?

#5780 4 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

This was my first NIB machine, should I really be waxing it right out of the box?

Yes. Clean it first before waxing...and replace the balls too.
Should you have to? No. But do it anyway.
Balls are cheap, but not as cheap as the ones Stern gives you.

#5781 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I wonder if someone with pinbrowser knowledge could help me out. I'm computer illiterate but I own a pro and I'd like to swap out Can I Play with Madness for Dont Stop Me Now by Queen. Both tracks are within a second or two of eachother. I dont really like Can I Play with Madness and I dont have a premium so it never gets played anyway. Would someone be willing to send me a file with the swap?

Just a bump on my question. Merry Christmas.

#5782 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Who here has the iron maiden stern topper?

I have the aces high topper...did you have a question about it? I have pictures here that show how I modded it a bit ->

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/87#post-4938527

#5783 4 years ago

Wasn't there supposed to be a new software update at the end of the year?

#5784 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

That's what I thought all this activity was about, hopefully we'll get our update soon.

#5785 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Keith said Dec or Jan.

#5786 4 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

My personal opinion, no...if it’s home use. Microfiber cloth wipe down while inspecting, then enjoy the NIB experience. Wax once a year after about the first 6 mos. and you should be more than good in home environment.

#5787 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My personal opinion, no...if it’s home use. Microfiber cloth wipe down while inspecting, then enjoy the NIB experience. Wax once a year after about the first 6 mos. and you should be more than good in home environment.

If it doesn't need to be waxed, then shouldn't the right flipper be able to hit the center target? Just trying to figure out what's wrong here.

#5788 4 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

If it doesn't need to be waxed, then shouldn't the right flipper be able to hit the center target? Just trying to figure out what's wrong here.

Start with checking the flipper coil power. Next, lift the PF and examine the entire flipper mechanism to make sure nothing is amiss.

#5789 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Start with checking the flipper coil power. Next, lift the PF and examine the entire flipper mechanism to make sure nothing is amiss.

Also need to check the flipper/PF gap. My flippers were too tight from factory.

#5790 4 years ago

I checked the flipper gap, it was fine. I checked the flipper mech and it appears ok, moving the mech by hand feels pretty smooth. I decreased the playfield pitch a bit. I changed feature adjustments 65+66 to hard, and I even tried soft - no discernible difference. I pulled the coil stop off and adjusted to try to get a smoother mechanism. No change, anytime you hit the ramp from the right it just dribbles over the edge. I guess I'll wax the playfield, but it seems like I should be able to hit the shot on a NIB without doing that.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm open to any other suggestions.

#5791 4 years ago

This is precisely why I waited a year to find a huo game rather than buying new and why I'm holding off ordering a jp. These kinds of issues on a nib game are unacceptable to me and unfortunately all too common place.

#5792 4 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

I checked the flipper gap, it was fine. I checked the flipper mech and it appears ok, moving the mech by hand feels pretty smooth. I decreased the playfield pitch a bit. I changed feature adjustments 65+66 to hard, and I even tried soft - no discernible difference. I pulled the coil stop off and adjusted to try to get a smoother mechanism. No change, anytime you hit the ramp from the right it just dribbles over the edge. I guess I'll wax the playfield, but it seems like I should be able to hit the shot on a NIB without doing that.
Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm open to any other suggestions.

NEVERMIND. I are dumb.

I used a credit card to check my spacing earlier. I just went ahead and removed the flipper and gave it a little more play. IT WORKS. THANKS!!

#5793 4 years ago

I have another question for you fine folks. My IM premium was made August 2019 and shipped with 1.05 LE code. I am going to update the code today, and am wondering why it shipped with LE code instead of premium, and if I should download the LE or the premium code. I imagine they are mostly the same.

I DO have a shaker installed, I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

#5794 4 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

I have another question for you fine folks. My IM premium was made August 2019 and shipped with 1.05 LE code. I am going to update the code today, and am wondering why it shipped with LE code instead of premium, and if I should download the LE or the premium code. I imagine they are mostly the same.
I DO have a shaker installed, I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

LE and Premium are same code.

#5795 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

LE and Premium are same code.

Sweet, thanks.

#5796 4 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I concur with all of the above.

JP2 has great shots and is fun enough to shoot, but the art package and callouts are not as well done or impactful/passionate as IMDN. IMDN is the complete package, JP2 is just a fun pinball.

Personally, I find the JP2 callouts grating and repetative after awhile.

#5797 4 years ago

Thought I would give a great customer service shoutout to Pingraffix. I recently ordered standard pinblades through them for my Maiden and one of the blades arrived with some damage. I contacted Joe and he said he would send a replacement. To my surprise he sent the power bladez as a replacement.

CD634BE5-33A4-4758-94DB-459125B728B4 (resized).jpegCD634BE5-33A4-4758-94DB-459125B728B4 (resized).jpeg
#5798 4 years ago
Quoted from quickstop:

Thought I would give a great customer service shoutout to Pingraffix. I recently ordered standard pinblades through them for my Maiden and one of the blades arrived with some damage. I contacted Joe and he said he would send a replacement. To my surprise he sent the power bladez as a replacement.[quoted image]

At least you got awesome customer service. He won't reply to my emails trying to get a replacement for an AfM powerbladez inverter that died. I got one response in October when I initially emailed him where he asked for a picture of the one that failed, which I sent immediately. Nothing for every followup I've sent since then. Crazy.

EDIT: Wanted to follow up. Joe came through and got the issue resolved in the end. AfM Powerbladez are animating again. Thanks, Joe.

#5799 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At least you got awesome customer service. He won't reply to my emails trying to get a replacement for an AfM powerbladez inverter that died. I got one response in October when I initially emailed him where he asked for a picture of the one that failed, which I sent immediately. Nothing for every followup I've sent since then. Crazy.

Doesn't sound like his norm. He's usually amazing with communication and customer service.

#5800 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I went through 3 units that all interfered with my Metaliica pro. In the end I sent all three back, kept the blades and got a partial refund. I wasnt too happy with the six months it took to end up with over priced art blades

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
There are 15,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/116?hl=djy2j and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.