(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,827 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png
IMG_6818 (resized).png
IMG_6737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6730 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6733 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 317.
#5701 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I have that exact same issue on the upper right. I'll try to get it replaced this week and report back.

Pretty much all Iron Maiden have it, but it comes and goes. I chalked it up to just being too close to the cabinet, causing an echo, but now I'm thinking the pad being cheaped out on (which I didn't even realize) is the main reason.

#5702 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty much all Iron Maiden have it, but it comes and goes. I chalked it up to just being too close to the cabinet, causing an echo, but now I'm thinking the pad being cheaped out on (which I didn't even realize) is the main reason.

Comes and goes part is a bit strange, as if something is changing. If it is the pad, perhaps because it's not firmly in place, as it rotates, maybe the dampening changes. Just a thought.

But check under your game first. I checked with two friends (one with a Premium and one with a Pro) and both games had the proper, thicker pads.

I'm not sure why my game has the cheap ones, but I did have the best game I've ever had right after putting the news one in... Coincidence??? Who knows!

#5703 4 years ago

Added a few tasteful mods to Maiden LE today. Loving the new look, this game is an all-time keeper for sure. Still have a lot more mods to do on this holy grail game.
3B316D3C-128C-4018-B83D-8D3606DBF985 (resized).jpeg3B316D3C-128C-4018-B83D-8D3606DBF985 (resized).jpeg7FDF8CCA-6CC2-48FB-99A7-81FD4E7AF4D4 (resized).jpeg7FDF8CCA-6CC2-48FB-99A7-81FD4E7AF4D4 (resized).jpeg8D66DB48-AE18-46B5-B232-04A59E279ACB (resized).jpeg8D66DB48-AE18-46B5-B232-04A59E279ACB (resized).jpegB2E5C2EF-3996-41D6-A58F-D6F0E4B98001 (resized).jpegB2E5C2EF-3996-41D6-A58F-D6F0E4B98001 (resized).jpegB413E82B-92D0-49B1-ACE4-A1771BE84B28 (resized).jpegB413E82B-92D0-49B1-ACE4-A1771BE84B28 (resized).jpegCADDE0F3-6629-450B-9043-00BF821B4BDB (resized).jpegCADDE0F3-6629-450B-9043-00BF821B4BDB (resized).jpeg

#5704 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

They go on the flipper assembly, rubber stop for the linkage.

Would that not make the flipper sit a bit higher up though? as the linkage wouldn't be going back as far as the flat bump stops?

#5705 4 years ago

Replaced these flimsy pads that Stern put in, with proper cone shaped thicker ones, and on my first game I was right at Number of the Beast. Just had to time out the last 20 seconds of 2M2M!
Sooooooo close![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It is so frustrating how Stern keep cheaping out on parts that do actually matter.

Flipper feel is essential to pinball!

#5706 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Would that not make the flipper sit a bit higher up though? as the linkage wouldn't be going back as far as the flat bump stops?

It may change it a touch, I'll try to get to my game and see what is in it. I keep spare flipper brackets and rubber stops on hand for our games. I attached a picture of how thick the thicker rubber is against a new flipper bracket assembly.

IMG_5823 (resized).jpgIMG_5823 (resized).jpg
#5707 4 years ago

Well I did @vireland's external amp mod for Maiden, which resolved some speaker crackling issues I've had. After that I noticed how shitty the stock speakers are and decided to install some 4 inch Pyle speakers (Pyle PL42BL), wow what a huge difference! There are audio cues I didn't even know were in the game (like the slingshot audio). I also went ahead and installed the laziest LED speaker mod ever, but hey it looks good haha. One of these days I'll model a mount and print it. For now, this is fine with me .

20191112_231309 (resized).jpg20191112_231309 (resized).jpg20191112_231317 (resized).jpg20191112_231317 (resized).jpg
#5708 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

It may change it a touch, I'll try to get to my game and see what is in it. I keep spare flipper brackets and rubber stops on hand for our games. I attached a picture of how thick the thicker rubber is against a new flipper bracket assembly.[quoted image]

Did your game have the flat base (thinner, cheaper) pads, or the cone base?

Now I'm curious to know how many games got these cheap pads, since the two friends I checked with had the correct (cone) ones.

#5709 4 years ago

Did your game have the flat base (thinner, cheaper) pads, or the cone base?
Now I'm curious to know how many games got these cheap pads, since the two friends I checked with had the correct (cone) ones.

Not sure yet, will check when I get home tonight if I get time. Sad, I only have 2 games played so far on my premium.

#5710 4 years ago

Mine has cones. The flat one looks like the stop for my trough coil though. I'm thinking maybe yours was an error?

#5711 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Mine has cones. The flat one looks like the stop for my trough coil though. I'm thinking maybe yours was an error?

You might be right. Let's hear back from a few more people to determine.

Pretty crappy Stern error otherwise.

#5712 4 years ago

Just checked my pro and it has cones

#5713 4 years ago

I will check mine after work.

#5714 4 years ago

You might be right. Let's hear back from a few more people to determine.

Just checked my Premium and it has the flat ones.

#5715 4 years ago

My Pro build date June 2018 has cones.

#5716 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Just checked my Premium and it has the flat ones.

Interesting... So I'm not the only one (or crazy!).

Why Stern did this, we may never know, but I think switching to the cone pads is the way to go.

#5717 4 years ago

My IMDN had the flipper clunking a couple weeks into having it and I read somewhere that it was the length of a spring or something causing it. I stretched the out the spring by hand a little bit, the clunking stopped, then it started again, then it stopped without me doing anything and I haven't had the clunking since.

#5718 4 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

My IMDN had the flipper clunking a couple weeks into having it and I read somewhere that it was the length of a spring or something causing it. I stretched the out the spring by hand a little bit, the clunking stopped, then it started again, then it stopped without me doing anything and I haven't had the clunking since.

Same difference as increasing the rubber stop, essentially. You just slowed down the linkage return speed by stretching out the spring so it was weaker, which decreased the velocity as it came back to the thin rubber stop. With a thicker stop that may solve the problem without stretching the spring.

#5719 4 years ago

Thicker standard rubber on my premium built 5/19.

IMG_5828 (resized).jpgIMG_5828 (resized).jpg
#5720 4 years ago

I also have cones.
Build date 10-12-18

#5721 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Same difference as increasing the rubber stop, essentially. You just slowed down the linkage return speed by stretching out the spring so it was weaker, which decreased the velocity as it came back to the thin rubber stop. With a thicker stop that may solve the problem without stretching the spring.

That makes a lot of sense. I will hopefully get some time over the weekend to switch over the rubber pads on the upper flippers to see if it improves or cancels out the clunkiness.

I only had one game with the lower flippers changed over, and that was my GC and one shot away from NOTB!

#5722 4 years ago

Trying to beat my best ... 663 ... I need 666

E7208D41-7B9C-4559-A5AD-CB2CCF53B505 (resized).jpegE7208D41-7B9C-4559-A5AD-CB2CCF53B505 (resized).jpeg
#5723 4 years ago

Next week IM is going , and Star Wars will replace it ... some reason I know I will regret it

#5724 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

some reason I know I will regret it

YUP!!!!

#5725 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Next week IM is going , and Star Wars will replace it ... some reason I know I will regret it

Ummm...I am pretty sure you will absolutely regret that swap--sooner rather than later.

#5726 4 years ago

Does anyone have any pictures of the statues from the new remasters on their playfield? I’m wondering if they look better than the Mcfarlane and Neca figures?

#5727 4 years ago

Just realized ,“ ITS SHOWTIME” is a throwback to AF ... well goddammit

#5728 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Just realized ,“ ITS SHOWTIME” is a throwback to AF ... well goddammit

Also "Dirty pool"

#5729 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

The force is strong on the dark side but you should try to resist or you will live to regret it.

#5730 4 years ago

Took a break from Elvira today and I think I put up some respectable scores. Funny thing... It took me way too long to get dialed in on the center orbit. I think that is the easiest shot in the game to make(cept during Cyborg MB... Any MB really, but you need orbits in Cyborg).
I didn't put up any high scores on my unit today, but I did put up the Flight Of Icarus high score for that mode.
I had 2x playfield going and I had a 6 combo run on it. Time went out, but I got the last 6th combo right during the grace period... That might be my greatest moment ever playing pinball. It's going to be hard for me to top... Maybe when I reach and battle the beast.

My game is finally in good condition to where I can now finally get my mummy card. But, you really need so much to go right for you to battle the beast... Which is great. I only ever got close a few times.

#5731 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Took a break from Elvira today and I think I put up some respectable scores. Funny thing... It took me way too long to get dialed in on the center orbit. I think that is the easiest shot in the game to make(cept during Cyborg MB... Any MB really, but you need orbits in Cyborg).
I didn't put up any high scores on my unit today, but I did put up the Flight Of Icarus high score for that mode.
I had 2x playfield going and I had a 6 combo run on it. Time went out, but I got the last 6th combo right during the grace period... That might be my greatest moment ever playing pinball. It's going to be hard for me to top... Maybe when I reach and battle the beast.
My game is finally in good condition to where I can now finally get my mummy card. But, you really need so much to go right for you to battle the beast... Which is great. I only ever got close a few times.

I had a four combo rolling on Icarus tonight when the ball jumped the rail on the way back down the ramp and down the middle... frustrating! 6 @ 2X would give you a pretty nice score.

#5732 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I had a four combo rolling on Icarus tonight when the ball jumped the rail on the way back down the ramp and down the middle... frustrating! 6 @ 2X would give you a pretty nice score.

I think it was like 179 million total for that mode... Or something to that effect...

And it was on my 2nd ball. So that probably was one of my best 3 ball game scores ever... But, I have my game setup to reward extra balls at 108,250,400, and 600 million. I think I got cyborg in the natural 3 ball game. But, then flamed out on the rest of the balls. I like the eb rewards. But, sometimes its nice to just chart your progress with 3 ball games.

I'll post what the actual score from my Icarus mode was though tomorrow. I know I'll probably never beat that score again... At least not anytime soon. The stars aligned for me on today.

#5733 4 years ago

Got to spend some time on my Premium yesterday, changed out all of the GI for sunlight white and frosted red. No more blinding clear bulbs. Going to change the lights under the apron as well. My basement is pretty dark, so I am working on a DYI playfield lighting.

#5734 4 years ago

Has anybody bought the mezelmods/rock custom pinball interactive undercabinet lighting kit? I have extra RGB LED lighting strips so was going to connect it myself, but I want to know how they are actually connecting it to the pin. From their description it states ->

--------------
This kit is tailored to this machine to produce an interactive light show. Lights interact with the game (not remote or sound activated). This easy to install product is made with high quality super bright LEDs and connects via piggyback connection to the games boards, 100% plug and play.
--------------

They don't have instructions to do the connection on either of their sites so I can't see what they are actually doing and what board they are connecting to. Anybody have the instructions?

#5735 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Has anybody bought the mezelmods/rock custom pinball interactive undercabinet lighting kit? I have extra RGB LED lighting strips so was going to connect it myself, but I want to know how they are actually connecting it to the pin. From their description it states ->
--------------
This kit is tailored to this machine to produce an interactive light show. Lights interact with the game (not remote or sound activated). This easy to install product is made with high quality super bright LEDs and connects via piggyback connection to the games boards, 100% plug and play.
--------------
They don't have instructions to do the connection on either of their sites so I can't see what they are actually doing and what board they are connecting to. Anybody have the instructions?

Hey, I am all for guys making these things themselves if they have the know how or put in the effort to build it. Publicly asking how to copy a mod, come on man you are better than that, put in the work yourself. You will have a great sense of pride once you complete it. These take many many hours to develop which is why most people buy. I think most people view their time as worth more than a few bucks an hour.

You are playing with fire here, especially if you are asking this question. Just put alligator clips on the wires and attach to whatever light you want. Leave your boards alone, you can fry your machine or worse yet cause a fire.

The locations and plugs change, especially for Spike games. This can be done obviously. Do yourself a favor and have an electrical engineer friend help. For your customers sake, for your daughters sake. Buy a quality product from Mezelmods, Lermods, or Rock Custom Pinball.

#5736 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

--------------
--------------

I can't recommend Rock Custom Pinball enough. I have put his interactive undercabinet light kit on all of my modern Stern games. I just finished putting one on my Iron Maiden Pro. The undercabinet strips are RGB LED and interact with 4 different playfield flashers. Chris is also amazingly helpful and has repeatedly gone above and beyond helping me get them working when I had some of the connectors backward the first time I put them in place.

#5737 4 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Hey, I am all for guys making these things themselves if they have the know how or put in the effort to build it. Publicly asking how to copy a mod, come on man you are better than that, put in the work yourself. You will have a great sense of pride once you complete it. These take many many hours to develop which is why most people buy. I think most people view their time as worth more than a few bucks an hour.
You are playing with fire here, especially if you are asking this question. Just put alligator clips on the wires and attach to whatever light you want. Leave your boards alone, you can fry your machine or worse yet cause a fire.
The locations and plugs change, especially for Spike games. This can be done obviously. Do yourself a favor and have an electrical engineer friend help. For your customers sake, for your daughters sake. Buy a quality product from Mezelmods, Lermods, or Rock Custom Pinball.

Sorry, I didn't really know how "trivial" or not this mod is for IMDN. For example...for my AFMr LE...attaching a RGB LED strip is trivial since its just a simple wiring harness to split the RGB signal from the RGB speaker lights. For my LOTR...it already has interactive speaker lights, so all it takes is a RGB y-splitter that runs to a RGB led strip. For my DI...it just takes a simple wiring harness to connect it to one of the pop bumper flashers.

After reading a few more mod threads on interactive cabinet lights...yeah...I see how connecting directly to boards is more involved than I originally thought it might be. Sorry for stepping on anybody's toes.

#5738 4 years ago

Joined the Pro club today - bought a HUO Nov 2018 build with great looking clear coat. Looked at another one a month ago that was horrible, so I was worried I wouldn’t be able to find a decent one.

Loving the game so far (3 games in). Have a Pinball Life shaker motor and titan rings ready to install. Think I’m going to leave it pretty stock, other than hooking it up to my Polk sub. May research upgraded back box speakers - they are really crappy sounding.

#5739 4 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Joined the Pro club today - bought a HUO Nov 2018 build with great looking clear coat. Looked at another one a month ago that was horrible, so I was worried I wouldn’t be able to find a decent one.
Loving the game so far (3 games in). Have a Pinball Life shaker motor and titan rings ready to install. Think I’m going to leave it pretty stock, other than hooking it up to my Polk sub. May research upgraded back box speakers - they are really crappy sounding.

I'm not really into mods, but I did put the Pin Monk lens tree mod in mine, an absolute must have in my opinion. I see games on location without it and they just don't look right.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/02139-iron-maiden-lens-tree

#5740 4 years ago

Received my warranty replacement playfield yesterday. Hats off to Stern for sending it out so quick with the pooling I have on my new(er) premium. But a HUGE thumbs down for UPS. Ugh. Filed a claim. Some scuffs on the brand new playfield. I guess “Fragilè” must be Italian so they couldn’t read it.

511D84DC-3A00-489E-91E6-39A15A79F69C.jpeg511D84DC-3A00-489E-91E6-39A15A79F69C.jpegBD782730-92DB-4C22-B93E-D7922DFC3CC7.jpegBD782730-92DB-4C22-B93E-D7922DFC3CC7.jpeg
#5741 4 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Received my warranty replacement playfield yesterday. Hats off to Stern for sending it out so quick with the pooling I have on my new(er) premium. But a HUGE thumbs down for UPS. Ugh. Filed a claim. Some scuffs on the brand new playfield. I guess “Fragilè” must be Italian so they couldn’t read it.[quoted image][quoted image]

They replaced it with just pooling or has it chipped off?

#5742 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I'm not really into mods, but I did put the Pin Monk lens tree mod in mine, an absolute must have in my opinion. I see games on location without it and they just don't look right.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/02139-iron-maiden-lens-tree

That is actually really cool. I did something similar on my Metallica for the fuel gauge, although it was just colored gel filters taped under the playfield - this is much nicer, and totally makes sense.

Slippery slope, but I’m thinking this machine is going to be in my collection for awhile, so I don’t mind a few “small” mods. Famous last words...

#5743 4 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

That is actually really cool. I did something similar on my Metallica for the fuel gauge, although it was just colored gel filters taped under the playfield - this is much nicer, and totally makes sense.
Slippery slope, but I’m thinking this machine is going to be in my collection for awhile, so I don’t mind a few “small” mods. Famous last words...

That's all I did...I just taped colored gel filters to my maiden. $1.33 shipped from aliexpress and you can do all 3 sections (fire orbit, mode tree, mummy letters), though I didn't do mummy letters (I liked the white).

#5744 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Hey, thanks for the recommendation! The fireball loop and eddie cards brackets really help, too.

Probably my #1 recommendation, though, is to start with the quiet fan kit if it hasn't been done already in that machine. Those Stern fans are obnoxiously loud.

#5745 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hey, thanks for the recommendation! The fireball loop and eddie cards brackets really help, too.
Probably my #1 recommendation, though, is to start with the quiet fan kit if it hasn't been done already in that machine. Those Stern fans are obnoxiously loud.

I can't recommend those enough, great product and makes those inserts pop now.

#5746 4 years ago

this time last year i went out bought Iron maiden premium 2nd NIB it has been very reliable only thing gone wrong with machine broken ramp now there had been 6673 total plays on Iron Maiden

20191124_130127 (resized).jpg20191124_130127 (resized).jpg20191124_130314 (resized).jpg20191124_130314 (resized).jpg20191124_130422 (resized).jpg20191124_130422 (resized).jpg20191124_130456 (resized).jpg20191124_130456 (resized).jpg20191123_154323 (resized).jpg20191123_154323 (resized).jpg20191124_130447 (resized).jpg20191124_130447 (resized).jpg
#5747 4 years ago

I have the underworld scoop illumination mod for the premium or LE from Cointaker that I’m not using since I have the pro. $20 shipped. Thanks.

#5748 4 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

this time last year i went out bought Iron maiden premium 2nd NIB it has been very reliable only thing gone wrong with machine broken ramp now there had been 6673 total plays on Iron Maiden[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW!!!!
At a dollar per play you basically paid for your machine... So amazing that you have that many plays on it. I thought I play my pins a lot, but nowhere near what your level. Like the topper too.

I bought a topper myself. Not that one. Mine is the trooper eddie topper a guy here was selling. Having put it on yet. I'm thinking about getting the Stern Aces High eddie topper though.

#5749 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

WOW!!!!
At a dollar per play you basically paid for your machine... So amazing that you have that many plays on it. I thought I play my pins a lot, but nowhere near what your level. Like the topper too.
I bought a topper myself. Not that one. Mine is the trooper eddie topper a guy here was selling. Having put it on yet. I'm thinking about getting the Stern Aces High eddie topper though.

hey there
i have got 4 or 6 mates pop over every couple days play my pinball machine in new zealand cost about NZ$2 game NIB PRO cost $10,500 Premium $13,500 and LE $16,000 NZ dollar shit for import machines

#5750 4 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

hey there
i have got 4 or 6 mates pop over every couple days play my pinball machine in new zealand cost about NZ$2 game NIB PRO cost $10,500 Premium $13,500 and LE $16,000 NZ dollar shit for import machines

Alright. You got friends. No need to rub it in.

Just joking man... I think its great you and your friends hang out and pinball together. I'm always inviting my friends and sadly, they are always finding ways for life to stop them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/115 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.