(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,767 posts
  • 1,049 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Oneironaut
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
Ironmaidenshipped (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_182738510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_165233504 (resized).jpg
20240407_164052@4 (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4950 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4947 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3432 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,767 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 316.
#5601 4 years ago

Right spinner has been getting stuck upside down more frequently, causing some orbit shots to not register and locks to register when it flips back to normal position. Any suggestions? I have read of people bending the spinner wire slightly but am not sure where to start. I have tried lubricating with zoom spout which doesn't help much. Wondering if I need to adjust the switch perhaps?

It doesnt spin as fast or seemingly as smoothly as the left spinner, and not nearly as fast as the premium I played a couple weeks ago. I'd love to get this thing ripping like others I have played. Thanks for any help

#5602 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

My game has started registering points every time I hit a flipper button. Any thoughts appreciated!

Is it only with the left flippers? I recently had the same issue and it turned out to be faulty left orbit optos. Try going into switch test mode and see if opto 36/9-sw-22 triggers when you press the left flipper. If it triggers that’s your problem.

#5603 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

Right spinner has been getting stuck upside down more frequently, causing some orbit shots to not register and locks to register when it flips back to normal position. Any suggestions? I have read of people bending the spinner wire slightly but am not sure where to start. I have tried lubricating with zoom spout which doesn't help much. Wondering if I need to adjust the switch perhaps?
It doesnt spin as fast or seemingly as smoothly as the left spinner, and not nearly as fast as the premium I played a couple weeks ago. I'd love to get this thing ripping like others I have played. Thanks for any help

There should be two small screws holding the switch in place. I had one of mine come lose and fall out causing the problem you’re experiencing. Make sure both screws are tight and see if that helps.

#5604 4 years ago

Not sure if it’s just me but left flipper seems a bit weak , anyone else have this

Is there a way to boost power ?

#5605 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Not sure if it’s just me but left flipper seems a bit weak , anyone else have this
Is there a way to boost power ?

you can adjust the flipper power in the settings but worth getting the glass off and having a look, Stern have had coil stop problems and also I've found sleeves are what they once where.

#5606 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

you can adjust the flipper power in the settings but worth getting the glass off and having a look, Stern have had coil stop problems and also I've found sleeves are what they once where.

Thanks for the tip
Will take a closer look first

#5607 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Most likely is the coil stops, had to replace mine after very few plays due to loss of power.
Check the cabinet, if it is the coil stops, you'll have brass dust/shavings under the flippers

#5608 4 years ago

Latest addition

20191021_201414 (resized).jpg20191021_201414 (resized).jpg20191021_201447 (resized).jpg20191021_201447 (resized).jpg
#5609 4 years ago
Quoted from Vinnie:

There should be two small screws holding the switch in place. I had one of mine come lose and fall out causing the problem you’re experiencing. Make sure both screws are tight and see if that helps.

Thanks, I have not checked those and will do so tonight!

#5610 4 years ago

Has there be any whispers for when the next code update is coming?? Seemed to be some stirring a while back but nothing happened

#5611 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Has there be any whispers for when the next code update is coming?? Seemed to be some stirring a while back but nothing happened

They were hoping in time for Expo, didn’t happen with JP taking priority.

#5612 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I'd have thought it wouldn't be updated until the tour dates uploaded on last update had expired, but that would be logical

#5613 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I'd have thought it wouldn't be updated until the tour dates uploaded on last update had expired, but that would be logical

Another (final?) pass coming supposedly Dec/Jan.

#5614 4 years ago

I would like if they could add the Handygame Trailer as an tutorial animation to the game along with a text about the backstory, so that people that don't know about the comics or the handygame could understand what's happening. Why do you have to collect the soul gems?^^ This pinball machine is an adventure in a world inspired by iron maiden music. the player is on a Quest. It's not like other music pinball games.
They could advertise the handygame and the comics and it could help to create more of a world under glass.

#5615 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I would like if they could add the Handygame Trailer as an tutorial animation to the game along with a text about the backstory, so that people that don't know about the comics or the handygame could understand what's happening. Why do you have to collect the soul gems?^^ This pinball machine is an adventure in a world inspired by iron maiden music. the player is on a Quest. It's not like other music pinball games.
They could advertise the handygame and the comics and it could help to create more of a world under glass.

Maybe Stern doesn't have the rights to use that. But it would be a great bit to put in the attract mode rotation. Explains a lot more about what's going on...

#5616 4 years ago
Quoted from Vinnie:

These screws are tight.. my right spinner feels like it grinds more and just doesn't seem as smooth as the left at the contact points. Got to be bent somehow I'm thinking. Or there is some fault in the bracket or spinner that had gotten worse with time. Considering just buying a new assembly :/

#5617 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

These screws are tight.. my right spinner feels like it grinds more and just doesn't seem as smooth as the left at the contact points. Got to be bent somehow I'm thinking. Or there is some fault in the bracket or spinner that had gotten worse with time. Considering just buying a new assembly :/

Sorry that's not the problem. You can try putting a little bit of oil on the spinner and see if that helps? If it's dragging that much maybe a new assembly is the answer. Hopefully it is pretty cheap.

#5618 4 years ago

Finally ordered my Premium! Should be playable by the weekend.

#5619 4 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

Finally ordered my Premium! Should be playable by the weekend.

Congratulations you’re going to have a blast.

#5620 4 years ago
Quoted from Vinnie:

Sorry that's not the problem. You can try putting a little bit of oil on the spinner and see if that helps? If it's dragging that much maybe a new assembly is the answer. Hopefully it is pretty cheap.

No worries, the advice is appreciated nonetheless. Oil helps somewhat for a short amount of time. Left spinner has never been oiled and seems perfect. Assembly looks to be around twenty bucks or so, so not bad if I go that route. Before I do that though I think I'll remove it and see if I can file the holes a little smoother.

#5621 4 years ago

Got it in one day as fast as Amazon. This one won’t leave.

5E3EB6C0-45A4-4273-8758-1F7A6C008835 (resized).jpeg5E3EB6C0-45A4-4273-8758-1F7A6C008835 (resized).jpeg
#5622 4 years ago

If anyone is selling their factory piece of mind Eddie , please let me know .
The ones that Stern have sent Pinball life are molded incorrectly.

#5623 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

If anyone is selling their factory piece of mind Eddie , please let me know .
The ones that Stern have sent Pinball life are molded incorrectly.

How so? Mine seems to look the same.

#5624 4 years ago

Every once in awhile I need to restart my IM after turning it on, because not all the Playfield lights come on the first time.

Is that normal for newer Sterns?

#5625 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Every once in awhile I need to restart my IM after turning it on, because not all the Playfield lights come on the first time.
Is that normal for newer Sterns?

Normal. Happens every now and then on every spike we've had in for the route, although Ghostbusters Prem seemed to happen more often than others.

#5626 4 years ago

Thanks!
I'll be buying some of your products soon FYI

#5627 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Thanks!
I'll be buying some of your products soon FYI

Not required for assistance, but appreciated!

#5628 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

How so? Mine seems to look the same.

Eddie is leaning over too far.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).pngimage (resized).pngimage (resized).png
#5629 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Eddie is leaning over too far.[quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa...is that a picture of a "correct" one or one that is leaning over too far?

Look at mine….leaning way farther over. The back "foot" where the black plastic pad is located, is flat against the plastic so its leaning due to the shape of the mold...->

20191025_100656 (resized).jpg20191025_100656 (resized).jpg

20191025_100555 (resized).jpg20191025_100555 (resized).jpg

I just noticed it....but a pinball will actually slightly hit his face when going down the habittrail!

#5630 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Look at mine….leaning way farther over. The back "foot" where the black plastic pad is located, is flat against the plastic so its leaning due to the shape of the mold...->

Nothing a heat gun can't fix....

#5631 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Whoa...is that a picture of a "correct" one or one that is leaning over too far?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I just noticed it....but a pinball will actually slightly hit his face when going down the habittrail!

The pic is the incorrect mold. Yours looks worse than mine! Where did you get yours ?

#5632 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Interesting.... here are a few shots of mine. It is also from pinballlife. I attached mine w/ a small dab of hot glue under one of the feet. It’s been rock solid since I put it on 6 months back or so. I’m not sure those are any different than mine, rather mines moved up much further.
0FBA6AD2-2E54-45CC-82F0-380BE36FA35F (resized).jpeg0FBA6AD2-2E54-45CC-82F0-380BE36FA35F (resized).jpeg22954292-055A-464D-9F35-724149C5A96D (resized).jpeg22954292-055A-464D-9F35-724149C5A96D (resized).jpegF2B969DD-F1AF-4498-AD39-1679A9A2B8D7 (resized).jpegF2B969DD-F1AF-4498-AD39-1679A9A2B8D7 (resized).jpeg

#5633 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

The pic is the incorrect mold. Yours looks worse than mine! Where did you get yours ?

Ok...so….I'm away from home now but will look at it again tomorrow...but it looks like mine has just sagged over time. A lot.

I bought mine exactly a year ago direct from stern. As I'm looking back in my picture history...I can see last year it looked just fine. Here is a pic where I was showing my clairvoyant mod ->

eddie2 (resized).jpgeddie2 (resized).jpg

#5634 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Ok...so….I'm away from home now but will look at it again tomorrow...but it looks like mine has just sagged over time. A lot.
I bought mine exactly a year ago direct from stern. As I'm looking back in my picture history...I can see last year it looked just fine. Here is a pic where I was showing my clairvoyant mod ->
[quoted image]

It looks like yours just fell over. The feet are in the wrong placement now. If you fix the feet placement, it should be close to right.

#5635 4 years ago

Get one of the NECA figures, looks better IMO.

#5636 4 years ago

So I finally got to put some time into my Maiden and am noticing some pretty distinct speaker crackling. It doesn't seem to happen on the music, only on the SFX and things that use a lot of bass. I've seen some references to people putting in a dedicated amp for crackling at high volume, but I'm only playing at around volume 9... Is an amp the solution here or is there something else that could be causing this?

#5637 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It looks like yours just fell over. The feet are in the wrong placement now. If you fix the feet placement, it should be close to right.

No...the back foot is screwed into the plastic. The front foot was never "attached" to the plastic. The front foot in the wrong spot right now because the back leg is now at a lower angle...

#5638 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

No...the back foot is screwed into the plastic. The front foot was never "attached" to the plastic. The front foot in the wrong spot right now because the back leg is now at a lower angle...

The factory attachment on the Premiums for that back foot is a zip tie, not a screw, at least for the initial run.

IMG_5956 (resized).JPGIMG_5956 (resized).JPG
#5639 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Too much beer...

#5640 4 years ago

I have put these figures on mine... Just awesome :

20190523_205553 (resized).jpg20190523_205553 (resized).jpg20190523_205609 (resized).jpg20190523_205609 (resized).jpg20190523_205619 (resized).jpg20190523_205619 (resized).jpg
#5641 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

I have put these figures on mine... Just awesome :[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah..I also have the neca trooper figure.....and love the macfarlane piece of mind and cyborg figures but they are just too expensive for me to justify.

Ok I went ahead and hot glued the front foot to the plastic. If it doesn't hold (there is pressure on the figure now since the plastic is being "bent back" to its original position), then I'll contact Stern and see if I can get a replacement.

My guess...is that since the back foot was the only thing attached to the plastic, that over time, there is just too much weight of the figure to be supported only by the back leg, so it slowly got bent. I probably should have taken the advice of another user and just hot glued both feet to the plastic originally. Then the weight of the figure would have been supported by two feet.

20191026_153309 (resized).jpg20191026_153309 (resized).jpg

#5642 4 years ago

and this is how my Eddie looks like inside the machine

892DC623-F739-4B58-90F1-F98B2E672437 (resized).jpeg892DC623-F739-4B58-90F1-F98B2E672437 (resized).jpegA82C04DC-4962-49E7-BEE6-2BD5B0E25BBF (resized).jpegA82C04DC-4962-49E7-BEE6-2BD5B0E25BBF (resized).jpeg
#5643 4 years ago
Quoted from Oxidus:

and this is how my Eddie looks like inside the machine [quoted image][quoted image]

Thematically, that doesn't make sense. The sanatorium area of the pin is where the factory piece of mind figure is for a reason. It's why the pop bumper caps had quilted pillow graphics on them. Where yours is is in the Flight of Icarus/Powerslave/Fireball loop area which makes no sense thematically. If you don't care about theme, it still looks cool, and being YOUR pin, that's all that matters. It's just not in harmony with the game.

#5644 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thematically, that doesn't make sense...If you don't care about theme, it still looks cool, and being YOUR pin, that's all that matters. It's just not in harmony with the game.

I fully agree, but it fits in there very well and looks cool. Unfortunately, Eddie is too big for the sanatorium area and for that reason I decided to place him in the upper area.
I don‘t really care about the correct position.

#5645 4 years ago
Quoted from Oxidus:

Unfortunately, Eddie is too big for the sanatorium area

He sure is!!! had to place mine in a similar area

#5646 4 years ago
Quoted from Oxidus:

I fully agree, but it fits in there very well and looks cool. Unfortunately, Eddie is too big for the sanatorium area and for that reason I decided to place him in the upper area.
I don‘t really care about the correct position.

Quoted from Mancave:

He sure is!!! had to place mine in a similar area

I fit mine in the pop area. Plus I like how the ball goes through him and the chains as it comes down the ramp.

IMG_0141 (resized).jpgIMG_0141 (resized).jpgIMG_0143 (resized).jpgIMG_0143 (resized).jpg
#5647 4 years ago

Only played 5 games this weekend because I'm still in my honeymoon phase with Elvira 3, but one of the things that made me happy was I finally heard my favorite game start callout: "Welcome to my world underglass!". I thought they took this callout out with the latest update, as I haven't heard it since in like the hundreds of games that I played. Sure... I might not have noticed it a few time, but I always seemed to get stuff like the Hangman is waiting. So that kind of made my day to know that the callout is in fact still in the game.
Love this game so much. Its just super fun to play.
And while playing it, one of the things I like is how unique each of the modes are to themselves. Elvira 3 I really do enjoy the early code(its not complete, but its still fun and the bones are there), but the modes themselves... While there are differences to them, they are not as unique as Maiden.
Aces High 2 ball mb that can have one add a ball with all main shots lit for jackpots at start. Collect a certain amount lights the ramps. hit the ramp and that lights the shooting of the ace. Hit the ace twice and now you lit the shooting of the bomber. Just so cool.
Its so much different than Rime's MB.
And of course Icuras is ramps mode.
Fear of course makes excellent use of not only making combos. Ramp to ramp, but also ramp to orbit to get the rip on the spinner. Such a fun mode to play.
And I guess the closest feeling mode to any of Elvira 3's modes would be Hallowed be thy name. As that you basically have to hit all the shots in the game, along with the newton ball and the drops.
But, I also think the Mummy MB is cooler than junk in the trunk. And I think the rules for the drops lighting locks while being a much safer shot than Elvira 3, does stink that you have to cycle through the x bonus, and mummy rewards. But, again that is due to the drops being a relatively safe shot. Elvira 3's drop target for ball lock can be a very dangerous shot.

As I said before I am really enjoying Elvira 3. But, man there is really something special about Iron Maiden. Such an amazing game in both layout and code. Not to mention there is just a great energy I get when I play this game. Love the music, love the callouts.

I would like some of Elvira 3's modes to stand out a bit more. But, I don't think that is the intent with the code. Which is fine.
Anyway. Sorry for the ramble. But, I really was just too jazzed to hear that callout when my game began.

#5648 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Only played 5 games this weekend because I'm still in my honeymoon phase with Elvira 3, but one of the things that made me happy was I finally heard my favorite game start callout: "Welcome to my world underglass!". I thought they took this callout out with the latest update, as I haven't heard it since in like the hundreds of games that I played. Sure... I might not have noticed it a few time, but I always seemed to get stuff like the Hangman is waiting. So that kind of made my day to know that the callout is in fact still in the game.
Love this game so much. Its just super fun to play.
And while playing it, one of the things I like is how unique each of the modes are to themselves. Elvira 3 I really do enjoy the early code(its not complete, but its still fun and the bones are there), but the modes themselves... While there are differences to them, they are not as unique as Maiden.
Aces High 2 ball mb that can have one add a ball with all main shots lit for jackpots at start. Collect a certain amount lights the ramps. hit the ramp and that lights the shooting of the ace. Hit the ace twice and now you lit the shooting of the bomber. Just so cool.
Its so much different than Rime's MB.
And of course Icuras is ramps mode.
Fear of course makes excellent use of not only making combos. Ramp to ramp, but also ramp to orbit to get the rip on the spinner. Such a fun mode to play.
And I guess the closest feeling mode to any of Elvira 3's modes would be Hallowed be thy name. As that you basically have to hit all the shots in the game, along with the newton ball and the drops.
But, I also think the Mummy MB is cooler than junk in the trunk. And I think the rules for the drops lighting locks while being a much safer shot than Elvira 3, does stink that you have to cycle through the x bonus, and mummy rewards. But, again that is due to the drops being a relatively safe shot. Elvira 3's drop target for ball lock can be a very dangerous shot.
As I said before I am really enjoying Elvira 3. But, man there is really something special about Iron Maiden. Such an amazing game in both layout and code. Not to mention there is just a great energy I get when I play this game. Love the music, love the callouts.
I would like some of Elvira 3's modes to stand out a bit more. But, I don't think that is the intent with the code. Which is fine.
Anyway. Sorry for the ramble. But, I really was just too jazzed to hear that callout when my game began.

I was getting mine ready for going in location earlier today. I’ve really been dragging my feet on this since getting it a few weeks ago. It’s such a great, well rounded game.

#5649 4 years ago

Looking for some guidance. Going to list my IMLE/HUO/Cliffy’s/light usage/perfect condition. Any sense of the market value and/or level of interest for this? Thanks.

Harvey- Redwood City, CA

#5650 4 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

Looking for some guidance. Going to list my IMLE/HUO/Cliffy’s/light usage/perfect condition. Any sense of the market value and/or level of interest for this? Thanks.
Harvey- Redwood City, CA

I would say somewhere around 7600-7800. Will probably bump up a bit once the next code update drops in Dec/Jan if it takes care of most of the bugs/issues and adds a little. Love the art package on those LEs...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

There are 15,767 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/113?hl=gogdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.