(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5,702 posts
  • 533 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by WizardsCastle
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,415 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Annotation 2019-11-12 130813 (resized).png
IMG_20191111_232128 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191111_233915 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191111_233814 (resized).jpg
20191111_113347 (resized).jpg
20191111_113157 (resized).jpg
20191111_113117 (resized).jpg
20191111_112959 (resized).jpg
20191024_160034 (resized).jpg
FC8A2A87-2160-41F2-B299-8AA95437554B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191111_014208 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191109-224300 (resized).jpg
IM-Premium-Detail-06a (resized).jpg
51523E30-95F9-4F98-A4BA-60C9641A1F62 (resized).jpeg
DB9323E1-084E-4FC6-B714-D154DC3C6E26 (resized).jpeg
A3C5C5BE-EB4A-4D09-B4C4-DF22B6C46AF1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5702 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 115.
#5551 33 days ago

Can someone explain to me how the drop targets work in this game???

#5552 33 days ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

That sucks. How many plays on that?

Just over 300

#5553 33 days ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Just over 300

Christ, that's about what i have on mine, and mine looks nothing like that. That really is shame.

#5554 33 days ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone explain to me how the drop targets work in this game???

Drop Targets: A 3-bank of drop targets that can be made off of almost any flipper. When completed, they award the following (in this order): “Bonus X” (up to 50x), “Lite Orb” (plus advancing the Mystery level by 1), and “Lite Lock” (for Trooper Multiball, all 3 Locks the first time and just 1 Lock every time after. Can’t be collected during a Multiball round.)

Complete the drop targets to collect the flashing award. Sweep all three drop targets to collect two times the drop target value (increased by hitting the Orb) and two awards at once. The awards in order are Advance Bonus X (maxes out at 50x), Light Orb, and Light Trooper Locks. The game starts with Light Orb lit as the first award, but competition settings will start with Advance BonusX as the first award.

#5555 33 days ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Just over 300

Whats the build date? Does anybody know if stern switched PF providers during their build run?

#5556 33 days ago

For those of you with shakers installed:

I'm about to install one in my Maiden Pro. There are no holes in the bottom of the cab, so I'll just drill them. Are you installing these shakers on the left or the right side of the coin box (when looking at the machine).

#5557 33 days ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

For those of you with shakers installed:
I'm about to install one in my Maiden Pro. There are no holes in the bottom of the cab, so I'll just drill them. Are you installing these shakers on the left or the right side of the coin box (when looking at the machine).

There should be t-nuts already on the inside-left front of the cabinet. You don't need to drill holes.

#5558 33 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

There should be t-nuts already on the inside-left front of the cabinet. You don't need to drill holes.

I'll have to double check tonight. I looked in there and never saw them, which I thought was really odd.

#5559 33 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Right side install

Quoted from NightTrain:

I'll have to double check tonight. I looked in there and never saw them, which I thought was really odd.

#5561 33 days ago

I've had my Pro since March, and have put on about 300 plays. NO IDEA why I just thought about it now, and then went and checked, but I don't have any attract mode? Looked under settings and didn't find any. What am I missing?

#5562 33 days ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I've had my Pro since March, and have put on about 300 plays. NO IDEA why I just thought about it now, and then went and checked, but I don't have any attract mode? Looked under settings and didn't find any. What am I missing?

??
So what does it do when you arent playing it?

#5563 33 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

??
So what does it do when you arent playing it?

Nothing. It will say something if I hit a flipper, otherwise, all the lights are on etc. But no sound whatsoever

#5564 33 days ago

There isnt sound in attract mode (unless you push a button). It shows you how to play, some clips of someone playing a supreme, tour dates and high scores. You dont get these?

#5565 33 days ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Nothing. It will say something if I hit a flipper, otherwise, all the lights are on etc. But no sound whatsoever

There's a setting for sound in attract mode.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just buzzed through the settings and I guess Iron Maiden doesn't have an attract mode sound option.

#5566 33 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

There isnt sound in attract mode (u less you push a button). It shows you how to play, some clips of someone playing a supreme, tour dates and high scores. You dont get these?

#5567 33 days ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Have you tried reinstalling the new code?

#5568 33 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

There isnt sound in attract mode (unless you push a button). It shows you how to play, some clips of someone playing a supreme, tour dates and high scores. You dont get these?

I get all of these. Just no sound unless I press a button. Believe I'm on 1.06 code?

#5569 33 days ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I get all of these. Just no sound unless I press a button. Believe I'm on 1.06 code?

That's normal for Iron Maiden.

#5570 31 days ago

I have a very early Maiden and have a few questions. My plunger won’t make it around the loop, but the autoplunger will. I think I remember KME saying that the manual plunger wasn’t supposed to, but want to say that later Maidens shipped with a stronger spring to be able to make the loop. What’s the common thing? I don’t mind the way mine is because I can hit all of the skill shots, but still curious.

Also, the ball will come off the left ramp every now and then and go straight into the left outlane. Was/is anything done to prevent this?

#5571 31 days ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I have a very early Maiden and have a few questions. My plunger won’t make it around the loop, but the autoplunger will. I think I remember KME saying that the manual plunger wasn’t supposed to, but want to say that later Maidens shipped with a stronger spring to be able to make the loop. What’s the common thing? I don’t mind the way mine is because I can hit all of the skill shots, but still curious.
Also, the ball will come off the left ramp every now and then and go straight into the left outlane. Was/is anything done to prevent this?

1. It's fine. If you put on a stronger spring so you can make it around the orbit manually, it messes up the super skill shot, making it a lot harder.

2. Film it in slo-mo with your phone and review to see where it's going bad. It's probably just a misshapen guide rail or a cross weld that's sticking up a little into the ball path, throwing it off kilter. Once you know the issue, you can either bend the rail or fil down the piece that's messing with the ball path.

#5572 31 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

1. It's fine. If you put on a stronger spring so you can make it around the orbit manually, it messes up the super skill shot, making it a lot harder.
2. Film it in slo-mo with your phone and review to see where it's going bad. It's probably just a misshapen guide rail or a cross weld that's sticking up a little into the ball path, throwing it off kilter. Once you know the issue, you can either bend the rail or fil down the piece that's messing with the ball path.

And make sure that the manual plunger is hitting the ball right in the center.

#5573 31 days ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Whats the build date? Does anybody know if stern switched PF providers during their build run?

March 2018

#5574 31 days ago

I should be joining the club next week! Really excited

#5575 31 days ago

My maiden had its first birthday today! You will love it! mine is perfect so far with 211 plays on it and not a blemish!

#5576 30 days ago

I played a Maiden at my distributor this past week, and now I feel like there is something off on my game.

Hit the target (off ramp) on the fly is pretty much impossible. Trapping the all and hitting it from the left flipper works, but rarely from the right.

The Pro model I played felt way snappier, and I felt like I could make that ramp more easily.

Any suggestions?

#5577 30 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I played a Maiden at my distributor this past week, and now I feel like there is something off on my game.
Hit the target (off ramp) on the fly is pretty much impossible. Trapping the all and hitting it from the left flipper works, but rarely from the right.
The Pro model I played felt way snappier, and I felt like I could make that ramp more easily.
Any suggestions?

Not sure what you're saying? Which target? Which ramp?

What's your machine pitch set to? That's the most common reason for crappy shooting Maiden.

#5578 30 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Not sure what you're saying? Which target? Which ramp?
What's your machine pitch set to? That's the most common reason for crappy shooting Maiden.

I believe he is referring to the center ramp and target. There are no other ramps with targets.

Any suggestions?

I would make sure your flippers have adequate gap from the bushings. Use an actual flipper gap tool. Also make sure they are aligned properly (holes in play field as a guide). Lastly, check the EOS switches and make sure they aren’t getting activated too early. They should open at the end of the flipper stroke.

That center ramp is also a bit easier from the key flipper on my machine, but I can still make it all day from a cradle on the right flipper.

#5579 30 days ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I believe he is referring to the center ramp and target. There are no other ramps with targets.

I would make sure your flippers have adequate gap from the bushings. Use an actual flipper gap tool. Also make sure they are aligned properly (holes in play field as a guide). Lastly, check the EOS switches and make sure they aren’t getting activated too early. They should open at the end of the flipper stroke.
That center ramp is also a bit easier from the key flipper on my machine, but I can still make it all day from a cradle on the right flipper.

Yup, center ramp.

So there should be a little play up and down on the flipper?

Also, should the switch open at the very end up the stroke, and would this apply to upper flippers as well? Don't want to mess it up so that I can stage the flippers.

Thanks!

#5580 30 days ago

Yup, center ramp.
So there should be a little play up and down on the flipper?
Also, should the switch open at the very end up the stroke, and would this apply to upper flippers as well? Don't want to mess it up so that I can stage the flippers.
Thanks!

What's your playfield pitch at?

#5581 30 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

What's your playfield pitch at?

6.5 with a digital level in the middle of the pf, but bubble is just above top line on the factory level.

#5582 30 days ago
Quoted from Pinmasher:

My maiden had its first birthday today! You will love it! mine is perfect so far with 211 plays on it and not a blemish!

wonder how many plays mine has... Haven't played mine for 3 weeks. Need to wax it before I play it again... And I'm lazy.
And mine turned a year about 4-5 months ago. I got mine I think around May last year.
What a great game it is. Really pleased that Maiden got lucky to have such a great designed game.

#5583 27 days ago

I made one more adjustment to my shooting guide today that made a big difference, so I thought I'd pass it along. I have made all the normal adjustments and installed the more powerful coil, which has helped. After time my percentage of accurate auto launches was decreasing so I thought I'd take another look at it. Stern had sent me the new and "improved" metal shooting lane guide. I tried to install it and found the adjustment mounting tab was in the wrong place--and I didn't want to drill another hole in the playfield. Both guides are very similar, except the new one does not have the threaded rod riveted onto the guide near the adjustment screw tab. So, I cut the one off of my original guide, filed down a small burr that was right at the end of the guide, polished the guide and put it back on. Oh, ho--a little more adjustment is available with that rod gone! I had to lower the tip of the upper right flipper to make use of that adjustment, but now auto launch is at 100%--and it has never been that good. The only neg to dropping the flipper a smidge is that the ball will not loop all the way around to the lower right flipper, but I can live with that. Another plus is the loop shot is way easier to hit with this new alignment--so I like that a lot.

#5584 27 days ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I made one more adjustment to my shooting guide today that made a big difference, so I thought I'd pass it along. I have made all the normal adjustments and installed the more powerful coil, which has helped. After time my percentage of accurate auto launches was decreasing so I thought I'd take another look at it. Stern had sent me the new and "improved" metal shooting lane guide. I tried to install it and found the adjustment mounting tab was in the wrong place--and I didn't want to drill another hole in the playfield. Both guides are very similar, except the new one does not have the threaded rod riveted onto the guide near the adjustment screw tab. So, I cut the one off of my original guide, filed down a small burr that was right at the end of the guide, polished the guide and put it back on. Oh, ho--a little more adjustment is available with that rod gone! I had to lower the tip of the upper right flipper to make use of that adjustment, but now auto launch is at 100%--and it has never been that good. The only neg to dropping the flipper a smidge is that the ball will not loop all the way around to the lower right flipper, but I can live with that. Another plus is the loop shot is way easier to hit with this new alignment--so I like that a lot.

Sorry..could you take a pic of what the new lane looks like? And did you need a rivet tool to install the new guide?

#5585 27 days ago

Sorry about that, I had no idea if this was gonna work so I did not take photos. I tossed the new guide as I was pissed it didn't work, but it is almost identical to the original one--minus the threaded rod. The rod is as soft as butter, I just used dykes to cut it and finished with a file. Took one minute. The rivet is under the ball path, so I left it rather than drill it out. Would be easy to drill it out if that was how you wanted to remove the rod, tho.

#5586 26 days ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Are you using a washer and/or lock washer on the adjustment screw? Every time I adjusted mine it would work perfectly for a day or two then work itself loose again. Super frustrating. Finally added a flat washer and lock washer to that screw and haven't had a problem since.

Sounds like you have it dialed in but if it stops working again I'd recommend trying the washers.

#5587 26 days ago
Quoted from mikeking:

Are you using a washer and/or lock washer on the adjustment screw? Every time I adjusted mine it would work perfectly for a day or two then work itself loose again. Super frustrating. Finally added a flat washer and lock washer to that screw and haven't had a problem since.
Sounds like you have it dialed in but if it stops working again I'd recommend trying the washers.

Cool, thanks for that tip.

#5588 25 days ago

Does anyone have Iron Maiden Prem/LE 1.05 code that they could make available for me to download? I'm having a problem with my interlock (opening the coin door no longer disables high voltage and interlock related standard adjustments such as "COIN DOOR DISABLE TILT" are gone). I believe this happened as soon as I installed 1.06, so I'd like to go back to 1.05 to see if my interlock comes back to life, but my machine came with 1.05 installed so I never downloaded it and it's no longer on Stern's website. Thanks!

#5589 25 days ago

Why doesnt my game have an interlock? 2018 run pro. It seems weird and less safe.

#5590 25 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Why doesnt my game have an interlock? 2018 run pro. It seems weird and less safe.

They took them out (cost savings?) then put them back in later runs because it was a DUMB THING TO CUT. Try testing your shooter lane switch with the coils always energized. DUMB. At least they put them back.

#5591 25 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

They took them out (cost savings?) then put them back in later runs because it was a DUMB THING TO CUT. Try testing your shooter lane switch with the coils always energized. DUMB. At least they put them back.

When did they put them back in? My 2019 premium built in May doesn't have one.

#5592 25 days ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Probably just after that? Not sure if Maidens have them back yet, but other machines do. The newer rom releases have been adjusted to support them again. It was the dumbest removal ever.

#5593 25 days ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

My Maiden Pro built in June 2019 has interlock.

#5594 24 days ago

Just got a new Premium

Any reason why there are metal washers under the slingshot posts ?

Have never seen that before on any pin

4F091365-7A37-4766-ABD8-076A3B2F31F7 (resized).jpeg2850449B-92A1-414F-A23C-EB4EEA93AF6F (resized).jpeg
#5595 24 days ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Just got a new Premium
Have never seen that before on any pin[quoted image][quoted image]

Stern has done this in hopes of preventing pooling/chipping around the sling posts. Based on what has happened with the Jurassic Park playfields it does not appear to help with the issue.

#5596 24 days ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Just got a new Premium
Have never seen that before on any pin[quoted image][quoted image]

It's the wrong fix for the recent problems with pooling/chipping of the playfield at posts. Mylar is what you need there (at least until Stern/JJP/Mirco figure out the real answer to the root problem).

#5597 24 days ago
Quoted from Vinnie:

My Maiden Pro built in June 2019 has interlock.

Guessing it isn't that hard to add one back on. Would like to see how they are wired, assuming they go into the cabinet node board.

edit - looks like it is tied back into the power distribution box in the head of the game.

#5598 24 days ago

Finally joined the club last night. Build date is 5/21/2018, interestingly there is some pooling on some of the mini posts (not the star posts). I'll probably pull them all off and put neoprene washers under them like I did with my TNA and DP.
20191018_235409 (resized).jpg20191019_000008 (resized).jpg

#5599 23 days ago

My game has started registering points every time I hit a flipper button. Any thoughts appreciated!

#5600 23 days ago
Quoted from adamross:

My game has started registering points every time I hit a flipper button. Any thoughts appreciated!

Glass off, power on. Go into switch test mode. Ball in shooter lane. Smack playfield firmly with an open palm in various places around the playfield and see which switches are activated on the screen. Adjust those switches. Likely one or both newton balls. It's common.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Mateo, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 74.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Emerald Hills, CA
$ 26.50
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5702 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 115.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside