(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,827 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png
IMG_6818 (resized).png
IMG_6737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6730 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6733 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 317.
#5501 4 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

Iron Maiden in Blue... didn’t want tradionnal red or orange armor
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks very nice with the complementary blue, but something needs to be done with the black T-moulding now.

#5502 4 years ago

Great time at the Dallas show last night! Up the Irons!

20190921_210458 (resized).jpg20190921_210458 (resized).jpg20190921_221126 (resized).jpg20190921_221126 (resized).jpg20190921_224434 (resized).jpg20190921_224434 (resized).jpg20190921_213614 (resized).jpg20190921_213614 (resized).jpg20190921_221321 (resized).jpg20190921_221321 (resized).jpg20190921_223113 (resized).jpg20190921_223113 (resized).jpg
#5503 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks very nice with the complementary blue, but something needs to be done with the black T-moulding now.

thank's, I really like iy

#5504 4 years ago

Had some time today to add a few nice mods to my Pro:

First off, switched 4 of the white GI bulbs in the slings/Outlanes to red. It’s what the premium has and the code for the light shows are nearly identical, so happy with how this turned out.

The other thing I did was a song change. Changed Can I Play with Madness to Where Eagles Dare, and dang was that a sweet idea. Definitely recommend

D0F10FEF-07BF-4124-AC02-DB3440115F5D (resized).jpegD0F10FEF-07BF-4124-AC02-DB3440115F5D (resized).jpeg
#5505 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Had some time today to add a few nice mods to my Pro:
First off, switched 4 of the white GI bulbs in the slings/Outlanes to red. It’s what the premium has and the code for the light shows are nearly identical, so happy with how this turned out.
The other thing I did was a song change. Changed Can I Play with Madness to Where Eagles Dare, and dang was that a sweet idea. Definitely recommend[quoted image]

I've been thinking of swapping out can I play with madness and wasted years for something silly. I dont particularly like those songs and unlike my Metallica, they arent tied into a bunch of other modes or anything. I'm leaning toward some classic video game music. So far I'm thinking Ken's theme from Street Fighter and Greenhill zone from Sonic. Those 2 would only fill one slot so I'd have other options but i like old game music so at least a little bit.

#5506 4 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Great time at the Dallas show last night! Up the Irons![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Saw them in Sacramento on the 9th, what a show! Funny story: I was literally one person away from grabbing a drum head Nicko signed and threw to the crowd before a short intermission. Mentioned it to this dude standing next to me and he said, "yeah I saw it coming and just backed out of the way, don't need it Nicko's my dad" (something like that anyway) He introduced himself again to my brother and told us to enjoy the show before disappearing, we thought it was pretty cool.

#5507 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I've been thinking of swapping out can I play with madness and wasted years for something silly. I dont particularly like those songs and unlike my Metallica, they arent tied into a bunch of other modes or anything. I'm leaning toward some classic video game music. So far I'm thinking Ken's theme from Street Fighter and Greenhill zone from Sonic. Those 2 would only fill one slot so I'd have other options but i like old game music so at least a little bit.

The only one I hate is can I play with your penis. It's tied to a treasure on the LE

#5508 4 years ago

I played maiden so much last night it froze up on me! Eddie was fully lit, and stuck on the screen, but battle wasnt lit, mummy wasnt lit, and neither registered a hit. It was odd. Restarted it and it worked just fine, but i was having a hell of a game!

#5509 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The only one I hate is can I play with your penis. It's tied to a treasure on the LE

Uhm.... Huh? That's a really odd autocorrect!

#5510 4 years ago

Talking of the loop shot earlier... I heard that Keith said there is a screw at the loop that can be adjusted to slow the speed down.

Can anyone confirm if it's the one placed on the metal ramp right at the edge, just before it drops behind the sarcophagus?!

#5511 4 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Talking of the loop shot earlier... I heard that Keith said there is a screw at the loop that can be adjusted to slow the speed down.
Can anyone confirm if it's the one placed on the metal ramp right at the edge, just before it drops behind the sarcophagus?!

See Topic Key Post #5363 Loop speed set screw location picture.

#5512 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The only one I hate is can I play with madness. It's tied to a treasure on the LE

You can switch the tomb award #3 to the pro version of Increase Power Jackpot 15 mil if you want. It’s a setting

#5513 4 years ago

Having an issue with my auto-launch not making the full loop.

Half the time, the ball goes off the post, or hits the little upper left flipper.

Any suggestions on how to get it making the full loop consistently?

#5514 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Half the time, the ball goes off the post, or hits the little upper left flipper.

Did you do the coil upgrade?

#5515 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

See Topic Key Post #5363 Loop speed set screw location picture.

Yep, that's the screw...now what do you do with it? Does it lower the ramp to make it slower or faster?

Has anyone done this at all?

#5516 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you do the coil upgrade?

What is the coil upgrade? I searched and found someone trying different coils for auto launch, but no report if it helped out.

Thanks

#5517 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

What is the coil upgrade? I searched and found someone trying different coils for auto launch, but no report if it helped out.
Thanks

Curious to know as well.

when I first brought the game home and set it up it was making the shot almost 100% of the time. then I had to move it and cannot seem to find that sweet spot again. Now half of the launches bounce off the post or the flipper.

#5518 4 years ago

For me it took three things to get it working reliably:
1. The coil upgrade (see earlier post).
2. Added a flat washer and lock washer to the adjustment screw at the end of the ball guide. I haven't seen much discussion of this on here but before I did this it would work for a few days then loosen up and stop working again.
3. Adjust the angle at end of the launcher ball guide and/or mess with the launcher coil strength in settings until it is working well (both manual and auto plunge). Tighten the screw.

#5519 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Wasted Years is one of the coolest intro songs to a wizard mode ever in pinball! I couldn’t imagine anything replacing it.

Can I play with madness. Fully agree that song can go. May have to try where eagles dare too. That could be a nice pinball soundtrack bonus.

#5520 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wasted Years is one of the coolest intro songs to a wizard mode ever in pinball! I couldn’t imagine anything replacing it.
Can I play with madness. Fully agree that song can go. May have to try where eagles dare too. That could be a nice pinball soundtrack bonus.

Which wizard mode uses Wasted years? I assumed battle the beast was number of the beast and run to the hills was, well, run to the hills.

#5521 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Which wizard mode uses Wasted years? I assumed battle the beast was number of the beast and run to the hills was, well, run to the hills.

Cyborg Multiball is Wasted Years. And I agree with Eskaybee that a different song just wouldn't sound right with that intro.

#5522 4 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

For me it took three things to get it working reliably:
1. The coil upgrade (see earlier post).
2. Added a flat washer and lock washer to the adjustment screw at the end of the ball guide. I haven't seen much discussion of this on here but before I did this it would work for a few days then loosen up and stop working again.
3. Adjust the angle at end of the launcher ball guide and/or mess with the launcher coil strength in settings until it is working well (both manual and auto plunge). Tighten the screw.

Can't find the coil upgrade post. Anyone have a link?

I'm assuming cool upgrade is stronger?!?!

#5523 4 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Yep, that's the screw...now what do you do with it? Does it lower the ramp to make it slower or faster?
Has anyone done this at all?

There is a set screw along the back loop that can be tightened or loosen. If you loosen it, it will make the ball go around the big loops slower. Tighten it up and it makes go faster.

#5524 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Cyborg Multiball is Wasted Years. And I agree with Eskaybee that a different song just wouldn't sound right with that intro.

Crap, you are right. Good catch. I dont want to take anything out that is tied into gameplay so....
This is why I dont change my Metallica even though I cant stand half of the tracks they chose to use. They are heavily tied into the game. Samples are taken from almost all songs.

#5525 4 years ago

Can't find the coil upgrade post. Anyone have a link?
I'm assuming cool upgrade is stronger?!?!

Look at the key post index at the top of any page in this thread. It's linked there.

#5526 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Look at the key post index at the top of any page in this thread. It's linked there.

Looked at those posts first, didn't see any mention of coil change.

Annotation 2019-09-24 150210 (resized).pngAnnotation 2019-09-24 150210 (resized).png
#5527 4 years ago

I was playing a few nights ago and noticed that I completed all the pyramid objectives and I finished all the orbits, but it was flashing on the screen like I had completed them but the center ramp never raised to hit the shot to start cyborg multiball. I got orbits from both sides multiple times The one thing I did notice was after I drained the ball the ramp went up and I checked off the orbits. But only after the ball drained. Bug?

#5528 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Looked at those posts first, didn't see any mention of coil change.[quoted image]

its in the iron maiden issues thread.

#5529 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Looked at those posts first, didn't see any mention of coil change.[quoted image]

Haha, wrong thread. I didn't realize we weren't in the Iron Maiden Issues thread...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/35#post-4806866

#5530 4 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I was playing a few nights ago and noticed that I completed all the pyramid objectives and I finished all the orbits, but it was flashing on the screen like I had completed them but the center ramp never raised to hit the shot to start cyborg multiball. I got orbits from both sides multiple times The one thing I did notice was after I drained the ball the ramp went up and I checked off the orbits. But only after the ball drained. Bug?

You need to hit the orb to claim the power jackpots for cyborg to to start, unlike lighting extra ball. They claim automatically upon draining but award no points.
I find it very frustrating to hear cyborg called out after I drain!

#5531 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haha, wrong thread. I didn't realize we weren't in the Iron Maiden Issues thread...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/35#post-4806866

Thanks, thought I was just missing something simple.

#5532 4 years ago

This has finally got this working for me, how long it lasts, don't know. I loosened the screw behind this black rubber post just at the end of the metal guide where the ball 1st enters the PF. Just loosened it and left it. Then set the auto plunge to 240. Setting 67 I believe. Have had no issues since.

20190924_151606 (resized).jpg20190924_151606 (resized).jpg
#5533 4 years ago

Okay... This is a bit of a lateral move, but if you follow my logic you will see that it isn't really off topic. Last week Friday Michael Schenker Fest's 2nd album Revelation was released and I figured to post here to let some of you maiden fans know... In case you didn't already know...
Every single Maiden show for maybe the past 20 years have opened with UFO's "Doctor Doctor". Schenker was the guitar wunderkind on those albums, and UFO is very much the blueprint for Iron Maiden. I call Iron Maiden UFO on steroids(and with macabre themes).

Schenker is no longer a young man and perhaps the album isn't as ambitious or groundbreaking as his early UFO work, his early MSG work, or even as experimental as his very awesome but sadly very underrated 90s era MSG(Unforgiven with Kelly Keeling singing is my all time favorite MSG album). But, trust me this album Rocks. I think all in all its even better than their debut album as I feel his solos are some of his best for the last 3-4 albums. At an early glance I think he has a better solo ratio than his last album. And really after 50 years making music, the fact that he can still put out good riffs, and amazing lead riffs is a testament to how he views life, music, and the guitar. All of which he made the focus of his life and I think it shows, because I think you'll be hard pressed to find a guitarist of his caliber with as much of a varied and extensive back catalog. The guy is approaching 50 studio albums. Not to mention his various live albums which all are unique and bear a listen or two. Of course "Strangers in The Night" is his best live album ever... But, I also love Rock Will Never Die, as I think the title track is the best version of the song he's recorded.

Back to his new album. It really does rock out. And really besides Helloween not many people are doing what he does. Multiple singers of his past era all have individual songs, and they team up to sing 3 songs together. And as I said before, I think that is a little groundbreaking in its own right. Really cool to have multiple singers on the songs. When it works, it just is magic pure and simple. And as for the songs, I don't think there is a single bad song on the album. Crazy Days is perhaps my least favorite and I didn't really like the Rock Steady song the first time I heard it. But, that is a song that is meant to be played loud and I know if I heard it at a concert it be amazing, as its a song that is meant to be played and heard live.

Anyway... I know that's a lot of text... But, I love Heavy Metal. I love Iron Maiden, and I LOVE Michael Schenker. So when I talk/type about such things I really just get so excited...

Here's a youtube link to one of his new videos for the album. I think its one of the better songs on the album. I didn't link to Rock Steady... Which as I said has grown on me... But, I like this one better.

#5534 4 years ago

Update on my bitching about not making the left ramp .. as I get harassed to do so lol .. I got it nailed , ball shoots from underworld .. bang .. left ramp done .. must be the speed or spin like pool .. idk

#5535 4 years ago

For the geeks .. a hidden message on “Somewhere In Time” ...

0C3CE15C-ED3E-46B9-A602-8CD740C6DB27 (resized).jpeg0C3CE15C-ED3E-46B9-A602-8CD740C6DB27 (resized).jpeg
#5536 4 years ago

I have a dumb question. Searched for this one and could not find it. I am having a issue with the ball getting stuck in the Pharos Tomb ramp loop behind the back panel of playfield. It seams to get stuck when it’s a solid hit up the left ramp into the tomb loop. Ball search happens but does nothing. Usually have to shake the crap out of the game or send another ball in to free it up. I check the micro switch blade in back seamed ok. What is causing this.
Thanks

#5537 4 years ago

I dont know if this is common knowledge but I didnt know until tonight.
If you are going for the super skill shot and you hit the mini loop prior to hitting the target, it will light 3x playfield multiplier instead of 2x.

#5538 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I dont know if this is common knowledge but I didnt know until tonight.
If you are going for the super skill shot and you hit the mini loop prior to hitting the target, it will light 3x playfield multiplier instead of 2x.

You should try hitting the loop twice then hitting the target

#5539 4 years ago

Joined the club over the weekend and now have to travel all this week for work. By the time I get home my kids will have high scores I will likely never beat. I should have left the legs off until I got home. Still happy to be in the club!

#5540 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

Joined the club over the weekend and now have to travel all this week for work. By the time I get home my kids will have high scores I will likely never beat. I should have left the legs off until I got home. Still happy to be in the club!

Pull the fuses lol

#5541 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

I have a dumb question. Searched for this one and could not find it. I am having a issue with the ball getting stuck in the Pharos Tomb ramp loop behind the back panel of playfield. It seams to get stuck when it’s a solid hit up the left ramp into the tomb loop. Ball search happens but does nothing. Usually have to shake the crap out of the game or send another ball in to free it up. I check the micro switch blade in back seamed ok. What is causing this.
Thanks

I had the same issue on my LE. The ball was getting hung up on the micro switch. Had to remove the plastic mini passage from behind the backboard and adjust the switch. I can’t imagine what else it would be on yours, check the passage for ball obstructions and adjust the switch blade I’d necessary. The game progression really suffers when just one switch like that isn’t functioning correctly.

#5542 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I had the same issue on my LE. The ball was getting hung up on the micro switch. Had to remove the plastic mini passage from behind the backboard and adjust the switch. I can’t imagine what else it would be on yours, check the passage for ball obstructions and adjust the switch blade I’d necessary. The game progression really suffers when just one switch like that isn’t functioning correctly.

Thank you. I will check it out and report back.

#5543 4 years ago

I would love if the next code update implemented a mode lock (thinking TFTC)
Hitting the spinner until you collect Eddie changes modes. It would be cool to be able to lock a mode in somehow though if it's a mode you are after. It would add another (small) layer to the strategy of the game. Maybe hitting the orb or even the tournament button could.lock/unlock a mode. Idk, I've just been enjoying TFTC lately and could see that aspect working for Maiden as well.

#5544 4 years ago

Can someone answer the following questions please?

Does this shaker work in the game? I've heard guys having issues with the shaker activating the slam tilt. Is that still an issue?
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

What mirror blades work for this game? Will these work even thought they say they are for Stern DMD?
https://cointaker.com/products/stern-mirror-blades

#5545 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Does this shaker work in the game? I've heard guys having issues with the shaker activating the slam tilt. Is that still an issue?
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html
What mirror blades work for this game? Will these work even thought they say they are for Stern DMD?

My game came with a shaker installed when I bought it (from the original owner). I'm not sure who makes the motor.

I have the Cointaker mirror blades installed and they look great!

#5546 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I've installed a Stern shaker in Metallica (SAM)
and Iron Maiden (Spike2).
The Spike2 kit came with an extra bit to install to prevent the issue you are referring to.
I've never had a problem with either.

Correction. My first one in my Metallica squeaked horribly from day one. My distributor gave me a new one and it's been perfect.

#5547 4 years ago

The shaker you posted works fine in my game! no problems as of yet.

#5548 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Check out the new Pinshakers! You get maximum and ultimate control over the shaker.

https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1657-pinshakers

Scratch that, not ready for IMDN yet.

#5549 4 years ago

Stern.. It's chipping out. What I have noticed is this art and clear is extremely thick 1.5 mm, no that's not mils.

20191009_201145 (resized).jpg20191009_201145 (resized).jpg20191009_201200 (resized).jpg20191009_201200 (resized).jpg
#5550 4 years ago

That sucks. How many plays on that?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/111?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.