(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,827 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png
IMG_6818 (resized).png
IMG_6737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6730 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6733 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 317.
#5451 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

What do you mean by that? Can you explain a bit more?
Also, this is the upper right flipper. Do the lugs look ok? And could this be impacting the left lower flipper? I did hear this top right flipper making a slightly louder sound when flipping it, but it has gone away.
And finally, I took the under-ramp scoop out when trying to install the cliffy. Could something have come lose on that while it was dangling under the pf that would affect the flippers?
As far as I can recall I was not having flipper issues prior to this.
Thanks![quoted image]

My lugs (both) totally broke off from the right upper flipper solenoid. I soldered the wires to the nubs that were left on the solenoid. I was able to get a nice solder joint with what was left.

#5452 4 years ago

Pooling around posts on my premium. Can count approximately 6 posts that have pooling where they screw into the playfield. Bought NIB 2 months ago. How have others dealt with this? Contact stern directly or go thru distro? Has stern helped anyone out with this?

#5453 4 years ago

Some pics

62D5DFC0-5CA5-4A8D-89D0-D311243A7CAA.jpeg62D5DFC0-5CA5-4A8D-89D0-D311243A7CAA.jpeg0A741F1F-F2B5-44B1-B488-9C1D1DA06ABD.jpeg0A741F1F-F2B5-44B1-B488-9C1D1DA06ABD.jpeg0CBD095E-7EDC-4202-BF43-4223F1240A8C.jpeg0CBD095E-7EDC-4202-BF43-4223F1240A8C.jpeg
#5454 4 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Pooling around posts on my premium. Can count approximately 6 posts that have pooling where they screw into the playfield. Bought NIB 2 months ago. How have others dealt with this? Contact stern directly or go thru distro? Has stern helped anyone out with this?

We didn't get anything when I reported pooling direct to Stern on a maiden last year, but that was before the pooling recently became a chip.

I'd definitely get some mylar on there ASAP, though. You can make your own, or I have rings in the pinside pinmonk store.

#5455 4 years ago

Cool thanks for heads up. I know it is surfacing as a common issue. I also understand that it doesn’t effect game play, but when you spend $7,500 on a product you expect it to be pretty perfect. Heading away on vaca tomo so I’ll check things out on the store when I get home. Just wanted to see what others have done recently and what stern’s Reply has been. Thanks !

Quoted from PinMonk:

We didn't get anything when I reported pooling direct to Stern on a maiden last year, but that was before the pooling recently became a chip.
I'd definitely get some mylar on there ASAP, though. You can make your own, or I have rings in the pinside pinmonk store.

#5456 4 years ago

It's technically blistering, if you can show that the bubble can be pressed in and send that to Stern you might get somewhere otherwise Stern QC calls it Normal for a $$$$ game to look like crap.

#5457 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Have several requests to post recommended menu audio settings for the PinWoofer Super Kit. This is most definitely one of the hardest rocking titles out there - play it loud, and tape your glass! Hope the below helps.
Thanks - https://PinWoofer.com

That's not far off from what I had set mine to, however the backbox treble gain was a bit too high for my taste (to each their own!).

One thing I've noticed is the music level in the menu is different than the music level in game. I'll set the audio levels to how I want the music to sound but once I start playing the sound FX overpower the music, especially the bass. My goal is to have full music and voice (callbacks) but lower the sound FX (especially for things like the left "fireball" loop, that SFX just seems louder than the rest). I've tweaked the Music and Voice attenuation to -60 music, -20 voice and it gives me close to what I'm after. If only it was gain and not attenuation (as positive attenuation reduces the volume) or the option for SFX attenuation I'd be able to dial it in. 

#5458 4 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

[quoted image] (IMDN LE Art blades)

I got these same art blades from pinball life yesterday. Order now while supplies last!

#5459 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I got these same art blades from pinball life yesterday. Order now while supplies last!

Just checked their site. Don't see anything for Iron Maiden.

#5460 4 years ago

Should I remove the mylar prior to installing the orbit protector? Instructions say "if needed"

Is it needed here? It isn't deep and divoted like I have seen some folks have, but it does have some bumps.
I don't want to chance damage my pf removing it if I don't need to

IMG_20190917_194417.jpgIMG_20190917_194417.jpg
#5461 4 years ago

Just started really getting back into playing my maiden, have a rules question. After all 5 modes are complete, do you have to spell eddie again to start 2mtm? I had the best game of my life, not the best score, just progress, ive never played 2mtm. I had 3 eddie cards, and was on my last mode (fotd) and had 3 seconds left. Was i 3 seconds from hitting 2mtm or no? If i was im gunna be really pissed!!!

#5462 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Just started really getting back into playing my maiden, have a rules question. After all 5 modes are complete, do you have to spell eddie again to start 2mtm? I had the best game of my life, not the best score, just progress, ive never played 2mtm. I had 3 eddie cards, and was on my last mode (fotd) and had 3 seconds left. Was i 3 seconds from hitting 2mtm or no? If i was im gunna be really pissed!!!

You were 5 more ramps and the center ramp away. You have to collect Eddie all over again. I make it to this point a couple times a month but only have made it to 2m2m maybe 4 times.

#5463 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You were 5 more ramps and the center ramp away. You have to collect Eddie all over again. I make it to this point a couple times a month but only have made it to 2m2m maybe 4 times.

Ok. Im not quite as angry then! I went from only getting cyborg a couple of times to now i can get it about every 3rd game, so getting better. Im going to keep playing just maiden till i finally battle the beast!

#5464 4 years ago

My big piss off was having cyborg, mummy and trooper collected and being 2 shots from 2m2m. I never thought I would EVER battle the beast but now I know it is within my grasp.....eventually.

#5465 4 years ago
FB_IMG_1525379792235 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1525379792235 (resized).jpgreceived_885773725127688 (resized).jpegreceived_885773725127688 (resized).jpeg
#5466 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

You can change the settings so that after your 5th mode you have 2mtm ready to go at the ramp, rather than having to hit 5 ramps

#5467 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

You can change the settings so that after your 5th mode you have 2mtm ready to go at the ramp, rather than having to hit 5 ramps

But that's cheating

#5468 4 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I was told they quit making it in bottles!

#5469 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

Should I remove the mylar prior to installing the orbit protector? Instructions say "if needed"
Is it needed here? It isn't deep and divoted like I have seen some folks have, but it does have some bumps.
I don't want to chance damage my pf removing it if I don't need to[quoted image]

I removed the mylar on mine. It's pretty easy to do and there was no damage at all to the pf. Give it a good cleaning though, it left a lot of residue and the protector is more narrow than the mylar strip.

#5470 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I removed the mylar on mine. It's pretty easy to do and there was no damage at all to the pf. Give it a good cleaning though, it left a lot of residue and the protector is more narrow than the mylar strip.

Can you elaborate on this ? Did it just peel off or did you use freeze spray?

#5471 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I just peeled off mine...was pretty easy since its new mylar. I think you have to use freeze spray on really old mylar. And yes....I had to spend quite a bit of time with some cotton and alcohol to remove the sticky residue.

#5472 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I just peeled off mine...was pretty easy since its new mylar. I think you have to use freeze spray on really old mylar. And yes....I had to spend quite a bit of time with some cotton and alcohol to remove the sticky residue.

What was the condition of your mylar prior to removal? The pretty beat up condition of mine is what concerns me. Might just have to buck up and give it a go

#5473 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

What was the condition of your mylar prior to removal? The pretty beat up condition of mine is what concerns me. Might just have to buck up and give it a go

Um..yeah, about what yours looked like? I really wouldn't worry too much about the removal process...its not hard.

#5474 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

Mine was pretty beat up. Just peeled it off and used some goo gone and paper towel. Then used alcohol and microfiber. Easy peasy.

#5476 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

The new mylar on the Sterns is very easy to come off. Nothing like the old Williams games. Being that they place it over the clear coat, it comes up easily.

#5477 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Um..yeah, about what yours looked like? I really wouldn't worry too much about the removal process...its not hard.

Great. Thanks for the feedback. That stuff is coming off tonight!

#5478 4 years ago

After about 6 months of playing with Titans, I one day decided I was over the stickiness and bounciness. Ordered some rer rubbers and threw them on yesterday. Old loop record with Titans: 24. New loop record after two games with red rubber installed: 39. Scored 700m and 910m

I think this game plays exceptionally better without silicone bands.

#5479 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

After about 6 months of playing with Titans, I one day decided I was over the stickiness and bounciness. Ordered some rer rubbers and threw them on yesterday. Old loop record with Titans: 24. New loop record after two games with red rubber installed: 39. Scored 700m and 910m

I'm starting to agree with this, I don't mind the bounce but the stickiness screws me up sometimes.

#5480 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I'm starting to agree with this, I don't mind the bounce but the stickiness screws me up sometimes.

Yep. Much happier now. The stickiness causing the ball to climb the slings into the outlanes was brutal, as well as slowing on the transition to flipper.
That big loop shot is the kicker for me though. With Titans it was frustrating, now it's fun again!

#5481 4 years ago

I have my game set up so steep I’m lucky if I can hit two loops. I like my games as fast as possible

#5482 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I was told they quit making it in bottles!

Those are Triple 6 in the upper made only in bottles, the bottom cases are Light Brigade only in bottles. Trooper is only in cans now.

#5483 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

I love the look and durability of silicone bands but regular bands just play so much better and predictable!

#5484 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have my game set up so steep I’m lucky if I can hit two loops. I like my games as fast as possible

How steep? I keep my bubble just crossing the top line, so pretty steep. Been hitting 4 or so in a row now

#5485 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I love the look and durability of silicone bands but regular bands just play so much better and predictable!

Agreed. Silicone looks so nice and keeps cleaner, but man rubber sure does play truer.

#5486 4 years ago

How the hell do you get extra balls on this game? I can get one most games, but i have no idea what im doing to do it. Orb? And why can i only get 1? I have never gotten more than one.

#5487 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

How the hell do you get extra balls on this game? I can get one most games, but i have no idea what im doing to do it. Orb? And why can i only get 1? I have never gotten more than one.

3 ways -
Complete (no need to claim) 3 powers
5th tomb treasure
50 loops

#5488 4 years ago

Ok, im probably getting the 3 power one. I need to focus on loops. I have gotten 3 tomb treasures is the most ive done so far. Thanks!

#5489 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

Yeah, I don't get the crazy dedication to Titans. Marco white rubber is the gold standard.

#5490 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I don't get the crazy dedication to Titans. Marco white rubber is the gold standard.

Better than the reds? Might have to give them a try now.

Damn it I thought I had this figured out. Thanks a lot.

#5491 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

Better than the reds? Might have to give them a try now.
Damn it I thought I had this figured out. Thanks a lot.

Some people dislike white because it shows dirt, but it's not that bad and worth the ball action you get in trade. I've tried white rubber from everyone and Marco's white is magical. My favorite white rubber by far.

#5492 4 years ago

Iron Maiden in Blue... didn’t want tradionnal red or orange armor
14AC3A57-27DC-4162-BBB1-749F88955B49 (resized).jpeg14AC3A57-27DC-4162-BBB1-749F88955B49 (resized).jpeg25A07106-3246-4E3D-8722-6F7C3A19AC88 (resized).jpeg25A07106-3246-4E3D-8722-6F7C3A19AC88 (resized).jpegAD1385F2-F993-40D8-8FB9-D0996CFD5B51 (resized).jpegAD1385F2-F993-40D8-8FB9-D0996CFD5B51 (resized).jpegF335E893-C292-4991-A6E8-CD664CA63B02 (resized).jpegF335E893-C292-4991-A6E8-CD664CA63B02 (resized).jpeg

#5493 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

3 ways -
Complete (no need to claim) 3 powers
5th tomb treasure
50 loops

I play my games steep and fast, almost never nerf rules, and consider myself a pretty good player. That being said, I highly recommend lowering the loop count to 40 for extra ball. Seeing that your loop jackpots do not count as loops toward your total, 50 is more like 65, and 40 is more like 55. I still rarely get this extra ball, but it's at least an achievement I can keep in mind if the loops are flowing. At 50, I'd get that extra ball 1/100 games.

Also, this balances the difficulty for extra balls. The first extra ball (powers) is pretty easy (40% of games for me) and the second (loops at 40) is pretty tough (10% for me) and the last (treasures) is very difficult (1% for me).

Trust me, you'll like this. When loops are going relatively well (say you have 28 or something), you feel as if the extra ball is achievable and it can influence your approach. At 50, it rarely will.

#5494 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I play my games steep and fast, almost never nerf rules, and consider myself a pretty good player. That being said, I highly recommend lowering the loop count to 40 for extra ball. Seeing that your loop jackpots do not count as loops toward your total, 50 is more like 65, and 40 is more like 55. I still rarely get this extra ball, but it's at least an achievement I can keep in mind if the loops are flowing. At 50, I'd get that extra ball 1/100 games.
Also, this balances the difficulty for extra balls. The first extra ball (powers) is pretty easy (40% of games for me) and the second (loops at 40) is pretty tough (10% for me) and the last (treasures) is very difficult (1% for me).
Trust me, you'll like this. When loops are going relatively well (say you have 28 or something), you feel as if the extra ball is achievable and it can influence your approach. At 50, it rarely will.

I have definitely considered doing this, but I just really don't like to adjust my rule settings from default. I'm really hoping they change this in the next code update.

I didn't know that power loops don't count toward your extra ball! That really makes it tough.

I get one extra ball most games, and have gotten the fifth tomb treasure a dozen or so times, but I don't know that I've ever even gotten 40 loops. I'm just going to try and get better at them and hope for a code change

#5495 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Some people dislike white because it shows dirt, but it's not that bad and worth the ball action you get in trade. I've tried white rubber from everyone and Marco's white is magical. My favorite white rubber by far.

I'll give them a try when I order some new rubber from Marco, as my week old PBL reds are already starting to show wear and I have read that Marcos rubber is better all around

#5496 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

I'll give them a try when I order some new rubber from Marco, as my week old PBL reds are already starting to show wear and I have read that Marcos rubber is better all around

I didn’t see the standard 1-1/2 x 1/2 white rubber for flipper bats...I have to be missing something or I just screwed it up.

#5497 4 years ago

What are the various ways to collect tomb treasures? I usually get 2 or 3. I've never made it past 4.
-Collecting soul shards
-Collecting loop jackpot (does this apply to all loop jackpot completions or just the first one? Hard to keep track)
-Collecting Eddie cards? If so, also lvl 2 cards?

#5498 4 years ago

While I'm asking questions, what are the prerequisites for the add a ball in Mariner and Aces High? I know to hit the clairvoyant orb target for add a ball but I dont know when it's ready and sometimes waste my time shooting for a nothing shot.

#5499 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

What are the various ways to collect tomb treasures? I usually get 2 or 3. I've never made it past 4.
-Collecting soul shards
-Collecting loop jackpot (does this apply to all loop jackpot completions or just the first one? Hard to keep track)
-Collecting Eddie cards? If so, also lvl 2 cards?

Here are the ways to light a tomb treasure:

Fear of the Dark Soul Shard
Flight of Icarus Soul Shard
Aces High Soul Shard
Rime of the Ancient Mariner Soul Shard
Hallowed Be Thy Name Soul Shard
Collect a loop jackpot
Collect a 6-Way Combo
Mummy Super Jackpot
Trooper Super Jackpot
Complete Number of the Beast
Collect the “Level 2” versions of all 4 Eddie cards

#5500 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

While I'm asking questions, what are the prerequisites for the add a ball in Mariner and Aces High? I know to hit the clairvoyant orb target for add a ball but I dont know when it's ready and sometimes waste my time shooting for a nothing shot.

The orb needs to be lit for a mystery award in order for an add a ball to be collected. If the orb is not lit when you start the multi ball you will need to hit the drop targets when "Light Orb" is lit at the drops. It's the same for the Aces High multiball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/110?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.