(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 317.
#451 6 years ago

I played several Pros at Zapcon and was confused when the full plunge generally wouldn't go all the way around. Then I read up on the skill shots. Your game must have a really nice spring!

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I played several Pros at Zapcon and was confused when the full plunge generally wouldn't go all the way around. Then I read up on the skill shots. Your game must have a really nice spring!

interesting, curious to hear from other owners what theirs does. I thought it wasn't supposed to feed the upper left flipper the ball on a full plunge as that would make that super skill shot too easy if all you had to do was full plunge and it was there for the flipper to hit everytime. As my game plays now you have to get it just right to hard and it over shots that flipper to little and it comes rolling back out of the orbit.

#453 6 years ago

If this photo loads, here it is...courtesy of TWIP

Untitled_Artwork (resized).pngUntitled_Artwork (resized).png

#454 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

on a full plunge it will go all the way around, you have to do less then a full plunge to make the super skill shot to feed the upper left flipper happen.

My full plunge doesn't go all the way around, the ball is also not resting on shooter rod tip in the shooter lane. The autoplunge works perfect though.

#455 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

My full plunge doesn't go all the way around, the ball is also not resting on shooter rod tip in the shooter lane. The autoplunge works perfect though.

If I recall this correctly, the auto plunge is designed to go all the way around.

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

buy - wait or beg for music replacement - solved

I love the default music, but even I will eventually swap a few of my fave songs in. So yes, there will absolutely be music replacements available

#457 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Quoted from Billy16:

If I recall this correctly, the auto plunge is designed to go all the way around.

What’s your pitch set at? Perhaps mine is to shallow or maybe mine got the wrong spring put on at the factory

#458 6 years ago

FWIW: I played with a lot of pitch settings.
+ At 6.5 deg (Stern recommended) a full manual plunge and auto plunge goes all the way around to upper right flipper.
+ at 6.8'ish deg a full manual plunge can sometimes go all the way around to the upper right flipper and sometimes back to the upper left flipper. Auto plunge will go all the way around to upper right flipper.
+ At 6.9-7 deg (This is what I have my game at) - a full manual plunge can, but hardly ever, go to the upper right flipper; but sometimes it'll give a slow return to the upper left flipper which will timeout the super skill shot, so you gotta do a hair below full plunge to get enough time for the super skill shot. Auto plunge goes all the way around to upper flipper.
+ Anything over 7.1-7.2 deg, neither manual plunge or auto plunge will make it around to the upper right flipper. this irritated me for auto plunges.

#459 6 years ago

I wonder if this appears anywhere on the pin in true Maiden style!!!

26910b1f5b9170ae7e48a897a377521d (resized).png26910b1f5b9170ae7e48a897a377521d (resized).png

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

I wonder if this appears anywhere on the pin in true Maiden style!!!

Nope. That is Derek Riggs logo/sig. He didn’t do this art.

#461 6 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Nope. That is Derek Riggs logo/sig. He didn’t do this art.

Yeah, I know...but as a homage??? Would be cool!!

#462 6 years ago

This is one game where it’s ok to leave the game sitting waiting for plunge because the music is so good hahaha. Just joined the club, ordered yesterday and picked up today. Overnight pinball delivery? Yeah baby! OC Pinballs rocks <3

07837083-35BC-4BD0-82AB-C90D4E9AAB39 (resized).jpeg07837083-35BC-4BD0-82AB-C90D4E9AAB39 (resized).jpeg

#463 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

FWIW: I played with a lot of pitch settings.
+ At 6.5 deg (Stern recommended) a full manual plunge and auto plunge goes all the way around to upper right flipper.
+ at 6.8'ish deg a full manual plunge can sometimes go all the way around to the upper right flipper and sometimes back to the upper left flipper. Auto plunge will go all the way around to upper right flipper.
+ At 6.9-7 deg (This is what I have my game at) - a full manual plunge can, but hardly ever, go to the upper right flipper; but sometimes it'll give a slow return to the upper left flipper which will timeout the super skill shot, so you gotta do a hair below full plunge to get enough time for the super skill shot. Auto plunge goes all the way around to upper flipper.
+ Anything over 7.1-7.2 deg, neither manual plunge or auto plunge will make it around to the upper right flipper. this irritated me for auto plunges.

I thought it might be s pitch issue, I might bump it up to 7 and see where it gets me.

#464 6 years ago

Hi everybody. For the interested ones I made some Toppers in stainless steel and yes, they are beautiful.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a%C2%80%C2%8Btopper-pinball-iron-maiden-

40824409135_8693b30496_k.jpg40824409135_8693b30496_k.jpg

#465 6 years ago

Joined the club last night...

B84BE8D3-5C66-4194-9CFA-B62EAE7EAA45 (resized).jpegB84BE8D3-5C66-4194-9CFA-B62EAE7EAA45 (resized).jpeg

#466 6 years ago

I’ll probably be accused of not being a true fan, but what is “Up the Irons” why do people in the forum keep writing it?

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I’ll probably be accused of not being a true fan, but what is “Up the Irons” why do people in the forum keep writing it?

Don’t worry. You’re not alone. I’m a fan of maiden (obviously not hardcore, I only own about 5 albums) and a fan of soccer, but never heard the term up the irons either. I may be wrong with some of this; but I guess it comes from a soccer slogan where Steve Harris is from (westham, England) where the slogan is up the hammers - used for Fan support to support their team. Steve And the band used the slogan in tribute for Iron Maiden and is their calling for fans support of the band.

EDIT: I guess the band, especially Steve, are big soccer fans which is awesome as I play in a weekly league and grew up around soccer. Yes I’m calling it soccer as to not confuse other Americans but would be awesome if Iron Maiden the pin wins out the World Cup of Pinball tribute ‘fun’ poll I did 4 years ago and plan to do again this summer for World Cup on pinside.

#468 5 years ago

Has anyone noticed if anything special happens with their game at 11:58 PM?

#469 5 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Midnight Madness two minutes early would be very cool.

#470 5 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

I don't THINK so. Pretty sure both late night I've played around midnight

#471 5 years ago

Law not sure if you heard but Maiden is kinda a big deal in Mexican speaking countries.
31417116_10155272779312051_3566381537332335427_n (resized).jpg31417116_10155272779312051_3566381537332335427_n (resized).jpg
Maiden fb pic o the day where they speak the Norway (couple fans there too I reckon).

#472 5 years ago

Anybody find any hidden live tracks yet? Yeah wishful thinking got me where I am today.

#473 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Law not sure if you heard but Maiden is kinda a big deal in Mexican speaking countries.

Whhhhhaaaaa? Why am I just hearing aboot this now?!?

#475 5 years ago

Maybe I'll get some Mexican beer to drink whilst I play.

#476 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Joined the club last night...

Great! now start making some cool mods.... you are allowed to play a little first

#477 5 years ago

Is this a safe place where folks don’t make a dozen posts about how they don’t like the band or the music and what they might change it to??

If so - thank you!!!!

IMDN pro owner here and didn’t really know the music but love it. Great Pin playing music! Having fun digging in with friends. Having a good size group over tonight to try it out.

#478 5 years ago

Been a fan since the early eighties. Rocked a bunch of Eddie t-shirts so yeah I am a fam of the theme. Although i just returned to hobby I somehow scored a LE days after they went on sale. Dream theme and hopefully a long time keeper. So excited for Keith Elwins first game.

#479 5 years ago

I'm not a big fan of Maiden, but I do recognize that they are great musicians and have written some classic hard rock tunes. They got so lucky to have Elwin's game fall into their lap--Keith's pin could have just as easily been Star Wars. Gonna sell a ship-load of these, and make some new fans in the process. I didn't buy Metallica, Kiss, AC/DC or Aerosmith (three of them are really fun to play)--but Maiden is so good I immediately ordered one after playing it a lot last weekend. Best new design in years, imo.

#480 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Is this a safe place where folks don’t make a dozen posts about how they don’t like the band or the music and what they might change it to??
If so - thank you!!!!

Well we own the machine so it isn't a prerequisite to like the music
Welcome to the Club!

#481 5 years ago

Joined the club yesterday in my opinion best nib stern game in a long time..

15248783498335909893399763007467 (resized).jpg15248783498335909893399763007467 (resized).jpg

#482 5 years ago

For anyone who’s not sure if the game is awesome enough, the solution is to turn up the volume Going to hookup the external sub next!

#483 5 years ago

How's everyones Friday night maiden going!?! I feel like a freakin crack addict made it to 2MTM and had 3 of the 4 Eddies lit! Still haven't gotten the mummy SJP/Mummy Eddie yet once in the 200 games ive played lol. Maybe its time to focus on that.

#484 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

How's everyones Friday night maiden going!?!

I had some good ones but had to switch over to SW for some more speed

#485 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Fear of The Dark - LCD animation - the Guy with the beard walking ahead of the spirit or whatever it is, sure looks like the game designer...

Haha that is hilarious and i didnt even catch that when i was playing the game. They better leave that in the game or I'll be pissed!

#486 5 years ago

Got my game set up last night. Quality out of the box was perfect, not a single adjustment needed, playfield clear seems pretty thick. Very very happy to see the service rails back as well as a handle in the back to help lower the play field. Stern does listen!

artwork is fantastic.

As for game play, it’s a home run. It has a feel like Metallica, but seems like there is a lot more going on in the game, doesn’t feel linear at all, but have to admit I don’t really know what im doing on it yet. The ramps seem secondary and I like the shot through the pops. Lots of targets to hit. The upper right flipper shot feels like tron or ST, the shot shot up the middle is going to take a beating, wonder how the backboard target is going to hold up. Love the woman’s voice directing shots, reminds me of TNA.

I’m not a fan of the band, but I can definitely see the music growing on me. I wasn’t a fan of Metallica either, but like them now too (at least the songs in the game). Hooked to an external sub, sounds great.

Not sure what the premium will add, but gameplay on the pro is very good. Like it much better than Star Wars. There are a lot more call outs directing shots, unlike Star Wars.

This is going to sell very well, finallly getting away from the cookie cutter layouts.

#487 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my game set up last night. Quality out of the box was perfect, not a single adjustment needed, playfield clear seems pretty thick. Very very happy to see the service rails back as well as a handle in the back to help lower the play field. Stern does listen!
artwork is fantastic.
As for game play, it’s a home run. It has a feel like Metallica, but seems like there is a lot more going on in the game, doesn’t feel linear at all, but have to admit I don’t really know what im doing on it yet. The ramps seem secondary and I like the shot through the pops. Lots of targets to hit. The upper right flipper shot feels like tron or ST, the shot shot up the middle is going to take a beating, wonder how the backboard target is going to hold up. Love the woman’s voice directing shots, reminds me of TNA.
I’m not a fan of the band, but I can definitely see the music growing on me. I wasn’t a fan of Metallica either, but like them now too (at least the songs in the game). Hooked to an external sub, sounds great.
Not sure what the premium will add, but gameplay on the pro is very good. Like it much better than Star Wars. There are a lot more call outs directing shots, unlike Star Wars.
This is going to sell very well, finallly getting away from the cookie cutter layouts.

I had no plans of buying this game but i swear i think im going to have to get one. I never expected it to be this freaking good. Stern has seriously knocked it out of the park with Maiden big time.

#488 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I had no plans of buying this game but i swear i think im going to have to get one. I never expected it to be this freaking good. Stern has seriously knocked it out of the park with Maiden big time.

Get one. You won't be disappointed.

Then after that hang in there for Munsters and Elvira.

#489 5 years ago

You guys need to stop giving this game so much love!!! You're seriously making it hard for me to resist the temptation!

#490 5 years ago

Ordered my Maiden Pro on March 27th in the AM with Nitro Amusements. (about 15 minutes after the very first Pro reveal)

From the beginning, I kept being told it would be 'a week or two' for shipping. A few days ago that suddenly changed and I was told that I won't get it for another month - late May.

Lots of Maidens are showing up in Canada, so did those people all order before me, or am I getting jerked around?

#491 5 years ago
Quoted from defonze88:

Joined the club yesterday in my opinion best nib stern game in a long time..

Way to go fonze!

IMG_0232.GIFIMG_0232.GIF
IMG_0233.GIFIMG_0233.GIF

#492 5 years ago

Well, I decided to change a few things with my premium order... Decided to get it shipped to me and get the white glove service. Got into a really car accident a few weeks back when I tried to go to the MGC and I was thinking, what if I had the maiden pinball machine. No insurance would cover that, and its a big big big purchase... Also since I did that I went ahead and got a shaker for the machine too. I was going to install it myself, but they're going to do it at no cost. Which just saves me the hassle of breaking out my tools and freaking out about where I should mount it.

#493 5 years ago

Maybe this is covered somewhere else, but with all the Iron Maiden threads these days it hards to keep track.
Anybody started adding mods to their machine yet?
Seems like there are a lot of possibilities and things you could do with this thing.
Especially so with all the models, McFarlane toys etc that have come out over the years.

#494 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Maiden fb pic o the day where they speak the Norway (couple fans there too I reckon).

My business partner is from Santiago Chile.
When I told him I was getting this machine he got all excited.
He said that when Maiden was doing the Number of the Beast tour in South America the Catholic Church tried to ban them.
This resulted in the youth only wanted to go see them even more.
Maiden is huge in Latin America.

#495 5 years ago

En Vivo was recorded in Santiago. They have a lot of stellar live albums, but I really like that one. The crowd is BONKERS.
I thought Maiden WAS their religion.

#496 5 years ago

Joined the club last night, it's my first in home pin. Couldn't be happier with my purchase so far! Picture is from last night. GC score is now 431 million. Not exactly sure what a "good" score on this one is yet. Got a huge jackpot in cyborg multiball for around 100m, no idea how but I know I had the 3x multiplier going. I haven't watched or read a full breakdown of the rules yet so I'm just kinda winging it at this point. One game I was one mode away from 2 Minutes To Midnight, and I've only had two Eddies lit one time for Number of the Beast so it's gonna be a while before I get to that one I'd bet.

20180428_135638 (resized).jpg20180428_135638 (resized).jpg

#497 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

artwork is fantastic.

Please do not tell me it is like the GEM shot in Tron. It is the sole reason i no longer own that game. I do not want easy but brick fest shots i will do without.

#498 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Please do not tell me it is like the GEM shot in Tron. It is the sole reason i no longer own that game. I do not want easy but brick fest shots i will do without.

The super jp and mini loop shots are by far the hardest shots in the game, but nowhere near as hard as the GEM shot. They are makable, but they are tough. I'll go a full game without making either then the next game I'll hit it like 10 times. Fun fact, the way the angle of the super jp shot is, you can actually make it from the bottom left flipper; I sometimes do this during trooper mb.

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Ordered my Maiden Pro on March 27th in the AM with Nitro Amusements. (about 15 minutes after the very first Pro reveal)
From the beginning, I kept being told it would be 'a week or two' for shipping. A few days ago that suddenly changed and I was told that I won't get it for another month - late May.
Lots of Maidens are showing up in Canada, so did those people all order before me, or am I getting jerked around?

Sure doesn't sound right to me at all.

#500 5 years ago

Took me a month to get mine. I ordered the day it was announced, received Thursday.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.50
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/10?hl=6point5degrees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.