(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5,459 posts
  • 525 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by mollyspub
  • Topic is favorited by 229 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,344 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

62D5DFC0-5CA5-4A8D-89D0-D311243A7CAA.jpeg
0CBD095E-7EDC-4202-BF43-4223F1240A8C.jpeg
0A741F1F-F2B5-44B1-B488-9C1D1DA06ABD.jpeg
Screenshot_20190913-165807 (resized).png
IMG_20190913_105921 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190913_111259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190913_105907 (resized).jpg
20190912_115711 (resized).jpg
20190911_180825 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190911-172648_Gallery (resized).jpg
20190910_212149 (resized).jpg
20190910_213949 (resized).jpg
20190910_214009 (resized).jpg
20190911_073416 (resized).jpg
20190911_073359 (resized).jpg
20190911_073348 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5459 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 110.
#5401 7 days ago

Have several requests to post recommended menu audio settings for the PinWoofer Super Kit. This is most definitely one of the hardest rocking titles out there - play it loud, and tape your glass! Hope the below helps.

Thanks - https://PinWoofer.com

#5402 7 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I can get to 2M2M more easily, so definitely need a new strategy.

Damn, I almost never make it to 2m2m. Maybe 4 times. I have often made it through all the modes but game over before collecting eddie again. (Those last few times spelling eddie are a lot of ramps) I really need to nail down the revive spinner still.

#5403 7 days ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Almost got 1.5 B. Crushed Cyborg Multiball. Had 3x play field going. WOOOOHOOOO [quoted image][quoted image]

A 'Normal' Cyborg is around 80mil for me, a good one is over 200mil, this was over 3 times my previous best.
Had 9 Super JPs and took in 3 times playfield as well.
Such a great game I haven't come close to getting bored of after over a year over owning it.

15490549277248536580465588096755 (resized).jpg
#5404 6 days ago

Added this mod the other day!! So glad!! Fits perfectly in an open spot and love the propella spinning!!

Slow mo video:

69825476_1975857145848922_8317095299872980992_n (resized).jpg70505781_1975857345848902_998191163125006336_n (resized).jpg
#5405 6 days ago
Quoted from jardine:

Added this mod the other day!! So glad!! Fits perfectly in an open spot and love the propella spinning!!
Slow mo video: [quoted image][quoted image]

What art blades do you have? I have the Stern ones which are very similar to yours but no tanks or jetpacks. Pre battle art blades? Here is a poor picture of mine at a similar angle.
20190911_000848 (resized).jpg

#5406 6 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

What art blades do you have? I have the Stern ones which are very similar to yours but no tanks or jetpacks. Pre battle art blades? Here is a poor picture of mine at a similar angle.
[quoted image]

That's the LE art blades to match the battle motif.

#5407 6 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

[quoted image]

Can you post a pic of the blades from an angle where most of it can be seen.

Was thinking to order a set.

#5408 6 days ago

art_blades_prem.jpg
#5409 6 days ago

Here is what they look like on the game.

20190911_073348 (resized).jpg20190911_073359 (resized).jpg20190911_073416 (resized).jpg
#5410 6 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Here is what they look like on the game.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet, thanks brother!

#5411 6 days ago

Installed Cliffys last night, but that protector under the ramp was impossible to get on.

I unscrewed the scoop mech to give myself some room, but I could not get it under the metal guides.

I tried working it in gingerly as per Supernova's video, but ended up bending the crap out of it and tossed it in the garbage.

Anyone have any luck getting this installed without taking out the ball guides?

Thinking I might just put some mylar down to cover the edges.

#5412 6 days ago

Anyone have any luck getting this installed without taking out the ball guides?

It was a little tricky to get in and took some extra patience for sure but i managed mine. I followed the same vid guide i believe.

#5413 6 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

It was a little tricky to get in and took some extra patience for sure but i managed mine. I followed the same vid guide i believe.

How the heck did you get it under the guides that stick out and direct the ball to the hole?

They are pretty much flush to the pf.

#5414 6 days ago

How the heck did you get it under the guides that stick out and direct the ball to the hole?

They are pretty much flush to the pf.

Think i backed off the screws to the guides a little bit from memory, not all of them, just the couple that are at the back. This definitely helped but it still took me a while to pop the protector in there. This being my first NIB i was being super bloody careful not to scratch the PF with the edges of the Cliffy.

#5415 6 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Think i backed off the screws to the guides a little bit from memory, not all of them, just the couple that are at the back. This definitely helped but it still took me a while to pop the protector in there. This being my first NIB i was being super bloody careful not to scratch the PF with the edges of the Cliffy.

I couldn't find the where the guides we're bolted into. Way too much going on under there.

Anyone have a photo showing what to remove to get the guides up a bit?

#5416 6 days ago

Not mine, but I helped a friend set up his first pin yesterday! I'm planning on ordering a pro within the next couple of weeks.

20190910_212149 (resized).jpg20190910_213949 (resized).jpg20190910_214009 (resized).jpg
#5417 6 days ago

Had a weird thing happen. Had the pf raised up, and when I put it back down and started game, the left flipper would not fire. The upper left however, did.

I raise the pf up slightly, and the lower left flipper starts working.

Any idea what this might be?

#5418 6 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

What art blades do you have? I have the Stern ones which are very similar to yours but no tanks or jetpacks. Pre battle art blades?

Yep, as mentioned I have the LE so those are the blades that came with.

#5419 6 days ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Not mine, but I helped a friend set up his first pin yesterday! I'm planning on ordering a pro within the next couple of weeks.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Better get the premium. You'll be jealous...

#5420 5 days ago

Had a weird thing happen. Had the pf raised up, and when I put it back down and started game, the left flipper would not fire. The upper left however, did.
I raise the pf up slightly, and the lower left flipper starts working.
Any idea what this might be?

Loose connection? Something resting on the flipper button? Does the flipper button register when pressed with the PF down in switch test mode? If so, that eliminates the flipper switch as a potential problem. I'd check that first.

#5421 5 days ago

I recently ordered the art blades from pinballlife which had a picture of the non-battle scene blades, but what I received was the battle scene blades. What's your guys opinion on using these on a PRO model? Would you exchange them or use them? BTW, they are not installed yet. Thanks!

Screenshot_20190911-172648_Gallery (resized).jpg
#5422 5 days ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

I recently ordered the art blades from pinballlife which had a picture of the non-battle scene blades, but what I received was the battle scene blades. What's your guys opinion on using these on a PRO model? Would you exchange them or use them? BTW, they are not installed yet. Thanks![quoted image]

Those look like LE blades you somehow received by mistake. You can't buy those. You could probably sell them for $300-400 and buy a set of "regular" blades for less than $100 shipped and make enough to buy a bunch of nice mods.

What does the other blade look like?

#5423 5 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

What does the other blade look like?

20190911_180825 (resized).jpg
#5424 5 days ago

Get the premium. You’ll wish you spent the little bit extra. No regrets. Only live once!

Quoted from atrainn:

Not mine, but I helped a friend set up his first pin yesterday! I'm planning on ordering a pro within the next couple of weeks.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#5425 5 days ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

[quoted image]

Yeah, those are definitely LE blades. I'm pretty sure you can get $300-$400 for them because they are un-buyable AFAIK.

#5426 5 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Yeah, those are definitely LE blades. I'm pretty sure you can get $300-$400 for them because they are un-buyable AFAIK.

Thanks for the heads up @vireland!

BTW, I highly recommend to fellow Pinsiders the Pin Monk gel inserts, got them on my IMDN, DP and MET.

If anyone has any interest to purchase these blades, PM me with a offer.

#5427 5 days ago

Is there an adjustment for the slings? About half the time the ball is hitting them it goes right to a out lane. If possible I think this needs powered down.
Thanks in advance!

#5428 5 days ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Get the premium. You’ll wish you spent the little bit extra. No regrets. Only live once!

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Better get the premium. You'll be jealous...

haha, we'll see. I've played both versions extensively and really enjoy them both. At the moment I'm planning on going for a pro but maybe I'll change my mind by the time I'm ready to order in a couple weeks

#5429 5 days ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

BTW, I highly recommend to fellow Pinsiders the Pin Monk gel inserts, got them on my IMDN, DP and MET.

If you don't get any offers by next week, hit me up and we can make a deal. But I'm pretty sure you'll have them sold by the weekend. If you're not getting visibility, put them in the store as new Iron Maiden LE art blades.

#5430 5 days ago

Contacted Stern on monday, received the orbit protector today! Wow, that's really fast!

20190912_115711 (resized).jpg
#5431 5 days ago
Quoted from bolluh:

Contacted Stern on monday, received the orbit protector today! Wow, that's really fast![quoted image]

How do you have contacted stern ? I have asked on the stern website... No answer

With facebook messenger... No answer....

Thanks,

Yannick

#5432 5 days ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

How do you have contacted stern ? I have asked on the stern website... No answer
Thanks,
Yannick

Quoted from pickleric:

Email parts.service@sternpinball.com with your serial number.
The protector to protect the orbit drop off from the center ramp is part number: 502-7087-00
It works well. Easy to install.

#5433 5 days ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Thanks,
Yannick

Try a phone. Geez.
708 345 7700
^^from the website^^
I googled Stern customer service. Took 20 seconds.

#5434 5 days ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

Pm sent

#5435 5 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Is there an adjustment for the slings? About half the time the ball is hitting them it goes right to a out lane. If possible I think this needs powered down.
Thanks in advance!

Yes there is. #50something. Turning power up worked better for me than down.

#5436 5 days ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Thanks,
Yannick

Yup, sent an e-mail with my serial to: parts.service@sternpinball.com

#5437 5 days ago

I would call, I sent an email a couple weeks ago and they told me they will send it out. After not receiving it, I wrote again to see what happened. Monday I got an email asking for my address again, so I sent it to them. Wednesday I get the same email asking for my address? Not sure if it's a problem on my end, but I hope to get this peice sometime.

#5438 5 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Loose connection? Something resting on the flipper button? Does the flipper button register when pressed with the PF down in switch test mode? If so, that eliminates the flipper switch as a potential problem. I'd check that first.

Looks fine in the switch test (goes on and off when pressed and released).

However, during my game today (as I was climbing to me GC!!!) the left flipper junk crapped out. I hit the cabinet/button hard, and it seemed to flip but a standard press did not work.

Any idea what this could be?

#5439 5 days ago

Looks fine in the switch test (goes on and off when pressed and released).
However, during my game today (as I was climbing to me GC!!!) the left flipper junk crapped out. I hit the cabinet/button hard, and it seemed to flip but a standard press did not work.
Any idea what this could be?

How are the switch blades gapped? Too far away? Twisted a little so the contact isn't good?

I'd also tug a little on the connectors to the flipper coil and see if there isn't an intermittent connection there (or almost break).

#5440 4 days ago

I am cleaning my game after only about 200 plays since it was last cleaned and it is absolutely filthy with black rubber. Could Stern have used any cheaper rubbers than they did on this game? I have got to get these off of the game fast!

#5441 4 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am cleaning my game after only about 200 plays since it was last cleaned and it is absolutely filthy with black rubber. Could Stern have used any cheaper rubbers than they did on this game? I have got to get these off of the game fast!

What...are you crazy!? If Stern could have found cheaper rubber of course they would have used it...

#5442 4 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Titans before my first game was played. I had my Metallica for 6mo before switching over and now I order titans before a new game even gets in my home.

#5443 4 days ago

Here's a short video of the flipper issue I'm having.

Also checked gap on all switches, and everything looks fine.

Strange how I lift the pf and it works. Then sometimes when I lower it, it doesn't.

Checked to see if anything is being touched or pressed when the pf is lowered, but couldn't find anything.

Also, here are some pics.

Couple questions:

On second photo, what is that screw hole for, and in the upper right flipper I noticed some brown marks (burn?) on the lugs.

Thanks!

IMG_20190913_105907 (resized).jpgIMG_20190913_105921 (resized).jpgIMG_20190913_111259 (resized).jpg
#5444 4 days ago

On second photo, what is that screw hole for[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It should have a washer and small screw to prevent the button collar from backing off.

#5445 4 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

It should have a washer and small screw to prevent the button collar from backing off.

Any chance you could take a pic for me?

#5446 4 days ago

Here's a short video of the flipper issue I'm having.
Also checked gap on all switches, and everything looks fine.
Strange how I lift the pf and it works. Then sometimes when I lower it, it doesn't.

Checked to see if anything is being touched or pressed when the pf is lowered, but couldn't find anything.
Also, here are some pics.
Couple questions:
On second photo, what is that screw hole for, and in the upper right flipper I noticed some brown marks (burn?) on the lugs.
Thanks![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Almost looks like that coil is touching something when the playfield is lowered down in the cabinet.

#5447 4 days ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Almost looks like that coil is touching something when the playfield is lowered down in the cabinet.

Yeah, it looks like the insulation is rubbed off on the control line.

When the PF is down, can you look inside from the coin door and make sure nothing is touching the coil lugs?

Also, when the PF is up, try hitting the flipper button while wiggling the wires coming off the flipper switch to see if there's a wire break inside the insulation.

#5448 4 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Yeah, it looks like the insulation is rubbed off on the control line.

What do you mean by that? Can you explain a bit more?

Also, this is the upper right flipper. Do the lugs look ok? And could this be impacting the left lower flipper? I did hear this top right flipper making a slightly louder sound when flipping it, but it has gone away.

And finally, I took the under-ramp scoop out when trying to install the cliffy. Could something have come lose on that while it was dangling under the pf that would affect the flippers?

As far as I can recall I was not having flipper issues prior to this.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20190913-165807 (resized).png
#5449 4 days ago

Also, this is the upper right flipper. Do the lugs look ok? And could this be impacting the left lower flipper? I did hear this top right flipper making a slightly louder sound when flipping it, but it has gone away.
And finally, I took the under-ramp scoop out when trying to install the cliffy. Could something have come lose on that while it was dangling under the pf that would affect the flippers?
Thanks![quoted image]

Those solder joints don't look good. I personally would redo them. They look as old as the ones on my EBD. How many plays are on yours?

#5450 4 days ago

Thanks![quoted image]

Upper right flipper is the coil stop echoing off the cabinet. Common. You can dampen or eliminate the sound with car stereo dampening tape on the back of the coil stop, but hardly worth the effort.

The control line (gray orange) just looks rubbed, but it may have just been a bad factory strip job when they were removing the insulation on that wire. It's a terrible solder job on the control side, though. Maybe you want to re-do that anyway...an intermittent control connection would make the flipper crap out on and off.

Left flipper is controlled by Node 8, which is the rectangular board opposite the ball trough (left to right) under the playfield, nowhere near the ramp at the other end of the playfield. Are all the connectors on Node8 securely connected?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
There are 5459 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 110.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside