(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,653 posts
  • 1,042 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 314.
#5301 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

under the kickout at the top of the playfield (bottom if it's lifted). Find the switch that triggers there and look on the side of it for two small, long, thin screws. Often times, one comes loose and the switch swings away on the remaining screw's pivot point.

Just wanted to give a thanks to everyone who has helped me on pinside. I was able to fix my Iron Maiden. Simple fix. The screw fell off. I was able to find it and screw it back in.

Easy, simple fix. Thank you!

#5302 4 years ago

I love my Maiden and last night here in Chicago we got our faces melted off They were unreal.

20190822_210540 (resized).jpg20190822_210540 (resized).jpg20190822_213328 (resized).jpg20190822_213328 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1566586871266 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1566586871266 (resized).jpg
#5303 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I thought the right side was too crowded looking with both the arch and the plane on that side. I never tried moving the LERmods one to the other side but I see no reason why it wouldn't work there.
I ended up keeping the one from Rodsmods mostly because of the spinning props... not sure it is worth the price differential just for that but I was willing to pay extra for the coolness of it.

Where did you get the spinning propela one from! Do you have a link please

#5304 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I love my Maiden and last night here in Chicago we got our faces melted off They were unreal.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was floored when I saw that spitfire... Loved all the props that they had. Just amazing. The only thing... I wish Bruce would have worn different pants. The full Dickinson was on display.

#5305 4 years ago

I was there also. 36 years since Chicago Fest!

IMG_5151 (resized).jpgIMG_5151 (resized).jpg
#5306 4 years ago

I was there, too! Everything about the show was unreal. Nothing can top that. I don't know about you guys, but I flipped out when that Icarus sculpture moved.

#5307 4 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

I was there, too! Everything about the show was unreal. Nothing can top that. I don't know about you guys, but I flipped out when that Icarus sculpture moved.

Haha yes!! I was there too, lost my mind when that happened and started jumping around yelling & high fiving the random dude next to me (who was also losing his mind).

Incredible show! I've seen Maiden a ton, and this tour far exceeded my expectations.

#5308 4 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

Haha yes!! I was there too, lost my mind when that happened and started jumping around yelling & high fiving the random dude next to me (who was also losing his mind).
Incredible show! I've seen Maiden a ton, and this tour far exceeded my expectations.

All the props blew my mind. I purposely avoided setlists and when Revelations hit. I blew my top.
Just amazing. Great set for it to. The hanging chandeliers just a perfect set for an amazing song.
As I said earlier, I was a bit worried about the evil that men do not being played. But, ohhh man. I screamed and pumped my fist so hard when I heard the first notes of that song.

Each year I always think they can't top their previous tours. Somewhere back in time was awesome... This tour Iron Maiden went full Alice Cooper theatrical mode. And just all aces.

#5309 4 years ago

I just joined the club because I love the pin but not a huge fan of the music. I believe someone change the original tracks to classic rock, where would one find this?

#5310 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just joined the club because I love the pin but not a huge fan of the music. I believe someone change the original tracks to classic rock, where would one find this?

Give the music a chance, it's better then most people assume

#5311 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Give the music a chance, it's better then most people assume

Makes me cringe when people say they changed the music... I know its your pin, do what thou wilt... But, I was watching PAPA as I enjoy their videos and one of the players commented on how awesome Iron Maiden was with Ozzy era Black Sabbath for music...

Yeah... That's a huge insult to Maiden. Considering what Sharon Osborne did to them when they kicked Ozzy's ass when they did ozfest... Sorry... Its disrespectful and I'm not a fan of Ozzy. Does he have good songs... Sure... But, also his antics kind of set metal back and made it a clown show.
Which is what his tv show was.

#5312 4 years ago

Its MAIDEN DAY in Indy dudes!
Absolutely ENTHRALLED to finally hear "Where Eagles Dare" and "Revelations"!!!
Pregame begins NOW!
UP THEM IRONZZZ

#5313 4 years ago

Anyone have any ideas when new code will be dropping, hopeful by the end of the year!!!

#5314 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Pregame begins NOW!
UP THEM IRONZZZ

I've seen them a bunch of times. Never anything close to this. Enjoy!

#5315 4 years ago
Quoted from CHIEF1893:

Anyone have any ideas when new code will be dropping, hopeful by the end of the year!!!

Should be out by Expo.

#5316 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Pregame begins NOW!
UP THEM IRONZZZ

Revelations is perhaps my 2nd favorite Iron Maiden song. Only behind The Evil That Men Do... And I've only heard revelations 2 times live... So it really is special when you get to hear it... I think I've heard Eagles Dare the same amount. And I can't remember the Evil that men do... I know 3 times, but maybe 4 times total... I can't remember if Blaze sang it or not... That was like 96 or 97... So Over 20 years ago.

#5317 4 years ago

After a few shots of absolute... I managed this on 1st ball ... it was work..rookie numbers lol

C423BF31-FEE0-456C-A4C3-D381613C5B68 (resized).jpegC423BF31-FEE0-456C-A4C3-D381613C5B68 (resized).jpeg
#5318 4 years ago

For anyone who has mounted a Spitfire, where did you mount it and what did you use to mount it? Got a nice die cast replica and want to mount it on top of one of the rails and am looking for suggestions on how some did theirs. Thanks!

#5319 4 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Where did you get the spinning propela one from! Do you have a link please

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1162-rods-mods/01904-interactive-spitfire-mod-for-iron-maiden

Rod was very helpful when the original one I ordered from him had a wire that wasn't properly connected - he cross-shipped me a replacement right off the bat. Highly recommend this mod!

#5320 4 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

For anyone who has mounted a Spitfire, where did you mount it and what did you use to mount it? Got a nice die cast replica and want to mount it on top of one of the rails and am looking for suggestions on how some did theirs. Thanks!

Here's how I mounted mine.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-mod-thread/page/15#post-4880956

#5321 4 years ago

Thanks for the idea! I’m good at building/mounting/doing whatever. Just needed an idea. Appreciate it!

#5322 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

After a few shots of absolute... I managed this on 1st ball ... it was work..rookie numbers lol[quoted image]

Wowsers! What is your game levelled at? I seem to get uncontrollable drains out of the pops and off the slings.

Also, anyone else have an issue where the second ball that gets fed into the sarcophagus, just rolls off the side and over to the small flipper?

#5323 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Wowsers! What is your game levelled at? I seem to get uncontrollable drains out of the pops and off the slings.
Also, anyone else have an issue where the second ball that gets fed into the sarcophagus, just rolls off the side and over to the small flipper?

Only one ball locks in the sarcophagus at a time. If playing more than a one player game any additional locks will roll off the top of the sarcophagus and to the upper flipper.

#5324 4 years ago
Quoted from Brootull:

Only one ball locks in the sarcophagus at a time. If playing more than a one player game any additional locks will roll off the top of the sarcophagus and to the upper flipper.

I've had it happen during a single player game.

#5325 4 years ago

I've had it happen during a single player game.

It happens during a single player game as soon as you've locked a ball in it already. It can't lock more than one - the rest dribble over until you've played Mummy Multiball and cleared the lock, then the process starts over.

#5326 4 years ago

I was having the same troubles. I found increasing the pitch to help with drains out of pop bumpers. Mine is set with the bubble just crossing the line.
For the slings I increased the power output, and slings straight to the outlane have decreased significantly.

#5327 4 years ago

I have it perfectly leveled , bubble in the middle

#5328 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Flip up the playfield and look directly under the scoop
Switch on my machine actually fell off and was hanging by the wires - screws were down in the cabinet

Does anyone know what size tool or what type of tool I can use to screw in the screws that go into the micro switches.
They have little nuts on them... Not a big tool guy.

And I tried to reattach by hand... But, after a few hours it comes loose again... So I just need to tighten them a bit tighter and I'll need a tool for that.

Just wondering if any suggestions.
Thanks.

#5329 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Does anyone know what size tool or what type of tool I can use to screw in the screws that go into the micro switches.
They have little nuts on them... Not a big tool guy.
And I tried to reattach by hand... But, after a few hours it comes loose again... So I just need to tighten them a bit tighter and I'll need a tool for that.
Just wondering if any suggestions.
Thanks.

Pretty sure it uses a 3/16" driver. You probably just need a slightly bigger toolset that includes the smaller sizes.

#5330 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Pretty sure it uses a 3/16" driver. You probably just need a slightly bigger toolset that includes the smaller sizes.

Yeah, get a set of magnatized driver's, makes it much eaiser

#5331 4 years ago

So Keith just dropped some interesting info today.

1. Big code update coming
2. The shooter rod was accidental
3. There is a set screw along the back loop that can be tightened or loosen. If you loosen it, it will make the ball go around the big loops slower. Tighten it up and it makes go faster.

#5332 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

3. There is a set screw along the back loop that can be tightened or loosen. If you loosen it, it will make the ball go around the big loops slower. Tighten it up and it makes go faster.

Hopefully they finally close the memory leak so they don't have to reboot the machine once or more every 24 hours to keep it from locking up. That's Microsoft-level bad coding.

I would hope the update is big because there are plenty of bugs still left on the bug list ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features ) that haven't been addressed or only fixed in a half-assed way, too.

What do you mean, the shooter rod was accidental?

#5333 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Did he give an interview? Post somewhere?

#5334 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Did he give an interview? Post somewhere?

On head2head podcast.

Shooter rod wasn’t intended to originally go around the loop, only hit the target skill shot.

#5335 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

On head2head podcast.
Shooter rod wasn’t intended to originally go around the loop, only hit the target skill shot.

Ah, well definitely a happy accident, then! I love that and the way it loads the balls for Trooper multiball that way.

#5336 4 years ago

More pics from Thursday.. Sign of the Cross was my highlight.

FB_IMG_1566586816434 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1566586816434 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1566586886550 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1566586886550 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1566586913900 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1566586913900 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1566586836081 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1566586836081 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1566586850250 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1566586850250 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1566586918728 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1566586918728 (resized).jpg
#5337 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hopefully they finally close the memory leak so they don't have to reboot the machine once or more every 24 hours to keep it from locking up. That's Microsoft-level bad coding.
I would hope the update is big because there are plenty of bugs still left on the bug list ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features ) that haven't been addressed or only fixed in a half-assed way, too.
What do you mean, the shooter rod was accidental?

Well, I also hope they fix the issue with mummy mb. When it doesn't register you shooting it out of the lock, and then you hit it, and it plunges 3 balls... Really shouldn't be that hard for the machine to know how many balls are in play or locked.

#5338 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well, I also hope they fix the issue with mummy mb. When it doesn't register you shooting it out of the lock, and then you hit it, and it plunges 3 balls... Really shouldn't be that hard for the machine to know how many balls are in play or locked.

I don't think I've had that issue. Are you sure your back switch just isn't intermittent or not registering so it doesn't know the ball has been hit out?

#5339 4 years ago

MN show tonight.
Up the Irons!
533B17A0-F0AF-498F-8264-D16A39EB870A (resized).jpeg533B17A0-F0AF-498F-8264-D16A39EB870A (resized).jpeg774D69DA-583F-49D5-8E28-7F3C1DF7156D (resized).jpeg774D69DA-583F-49D5-8E28-7F3C1DF7156D (resized).jpeg90BE13BC-AE78-4E11-B4C4-3C539299637E (resized).jpeg90BE13BC-AE78-4E11-B4C4-3C539299637E (resized).jpeg

#5340 4 years ago

I'm cross posting this from the IMDN Issues thread to see if I can get any thoughts from a larger group:

Two part issue on my premium... I'd say about 20% of the time I lock a ball in the sarcophagus it gets hung up on the end of the lock mech, past the last switch. Machine goes into ball search and even after it tilts down the ball won't roll from its position into the subway. When I go into the switch test neither 39 or 40 are lit up, the ball has rolled past them and is just stuck there. The ball just sits there... I thought the ball may be magnetized and was stuck against the captive ball but when the mech tilts back you can see separation. So it is just leaning up against the left side of the mech. I have to physically pick the game up and tilt it back to get it to dislodge, or take off the glass and poke it when the mech is tilting down.

I don't think it is a stiff switch issue like I've read others report, bit I'm not sure because that is part two's problem...

Part two is when I went to pull the mech I can't for the life of me get the post off the captive ball so I can get the whole mech out and have a closer look... is there something special you have to do to get that post off? I just can't get a grip on the ball from the top side... maybe I'm doing it wrong altogether though and that post isn't supposed to come off?

#5341 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

On head2head podcast.

Sounds like an excuse for a poor design. Why would there be a super skill shot for that particular shot?

#5342 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Sounds like an excuse for a poor design. Why would there be a super skill shot for that particular shot?

I don't know about that. When Keith developed Archer he came up with that target for the skill shot. As the game became Iron Maiden and more production thought was put into the game with more people on his team, things evolved as they do.

The way the up post comes up so the balls collect together for trooper multiball was a mistake in the programming. The up post was not supposed to come up at that point. Apparently the team at Stern thought the programmer did it on purpose. Everyone loved it so much they left it in the game and thus something great happened by accident. Additional skill shots were then also added.

#5343 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

The super skill shot was never part of the game. As the previous post mentioned, the plunger was there simply to aim at the single stand up target in the middle. Once they incorporated the auto-launch, which was sending the ball all the way around the loop, that was not intended by Keith. He didn't have that planned out in the design. So from there they ran with the idea of adding the super skill shot to allow you to plunge towards something else.

#5344 4 years ago

Got my protector today

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#5345 4 years ago

Finally joined the club on Friday with a NIB Pro. Manufacturing date June 12, 2019. Just wanted to check in and say that we absolutely love this machine and playing at home is so much better than at the show because you can hear it so much better. Also...wanted to report about the auto-launch issue. My coil is the 23-800 and it had enough power to make it around. My issue was that it clipped the end of the upper left flipper and wouldn’t make it around. I gently used a screwdriver to bend the lane assembly slightly downward. Sent 20balls through and 100% success. Just played a few games and it has held perfectly so far. I may have to shim it at some point but for me it was clearly an adjustment issue and not a coil issue. We will see what happens over time, but just wanted to report back.

#5346 4 years ago

A very good player pointed out to me that hitting the center shot with the right flipper seemed too easy on my Pro machine. He noticed that the right flipper was slightly higher when in the up position compared to the left flipper, but perfectly aligned when not raised. The problem was one of the coil stop bolt heads was sheared off causing the coil to be misaligned.

Now that the problem is fixed, hitting that center shot with the right flipper is MUCH harder.

Is this normal? Thanks!

#5347 4 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

A very good player pointed out to me that hitting the center shot with the right flipper seemed too easy on my Pro machine. He noticed that the right flipper was slightly higher when in the up position compared to the left flipper, but perfectly aligned when not raised. The problem was one of the coil stop bolt heads was sheared off causing the coil to be misaligned.
Now that the problem is fixed, hitting that center shot with the right flipper is MUCH harder.
Is this normal? Thanks!

I haven’t experienced hitting it without a properly working flipper, but so far for me it’s not what I would consider difficult. Much easier from the left for sure, but the right isn’t too bad. I think you just need to adjust timing and placement as People probably got used to and learned from muscle memory. Just an opinion.

#5348 4 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

Is this normal? Thanks!

Are the tips of the flippers lined up to the dots/small holes on the playfield? That is the correct position for each one and I find hitting the center shot on either flipper pretty easy.

#5349 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Are the tips of the flippers lined up to the dots/small holes on the playfield? That is the correct position for each one and I find hitting the center shot on either flipper pretty easy.

He's talking about the coil stop for the "up" position of the flipper, which on even a perfectly-aligned flipper at rest would be wrong when energized if the coil stop was too short/too long compared to the other side.

#5350 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yes, the tips are aligned perfectly when at rest. They align perfectly when in the up position after the fix too. The pitch is around 7.2 as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 26.50
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
There are 15,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 314.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/107?hl=atrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.