(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,839 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 317.
#5251 4 years ago

Just sent Stern an email for the protector.

#5252 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im going to have to look but im pretty sure that i don't have that on my game..is it easy to install?

Very easy to install. You peel part of the backing off, align it to the up post and press down. Pull the rest of the backing off and stick the rest of it down. Took about 1 minute.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How does that protector get installed? Is this for all models pro and premium?

I have a pro, but would assume this is for all models. Chas @ Stern can let you know for sure if you email them.

#5253 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Very easy to install. You peel part of the backing off, align it to the up post and press down. Pull the rest of the backing off and stick the rest of it down. Took about 1 minute.

I have a pro, but would assume this is for all models. Chas @ Stern can let you know for sure if you email them.

Should all be the same, as I'm getting a protector sent for my premium.

For the Pharaoh protector though, what is involved in that installation?

#5254 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Should i peel up the mylar in that orbit first? I think its starting to bubble like other peoples games on here?

#5255 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Should i peel up the mylar in that orbit first? I think its starting to bubble like other peoples games on here?

The instructions that come with the protector say to remove the mylar if damaged. I left mine on as it wasn’t bad.

If you tip a can of air duster upside down and spray the mylar to freeze it, it should peel up very easily.

#5256 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

The instructions that come with the protector say to remove the mylar if damaged. I left mine on as it wasn’t bad.
If you tip a can of air duster upside down and spray the mylar to freeze it, it should peel up very easily.

Thanks for the help. It looks like the ball will ride on the metal piece and not the playfield. Im going to have to call Stern and have them send me that piece.

#5257 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

For the Pharaoh protector though, what is involved in that installation?

As long as you have a variety of screwdriver lengths it is easy. Remove the screws on the Pharoah. There are a couple hard to get to ones. (unless you want to start taking more of the machine apart).
Put the protector on and put the screws back in. Maybe 15min of work because of the awkward screws.

#5258 4 years ago

Just had a pretty good game where I got to Cyborb MB and 2 Minutes To Midnight. Had no idea what to do when I got there. Is that the mini-wizard?

Also, how is the shaker in this game? Worth getting one?

#5259 4 years ago

Just had a pretty good game where I got to Cyborb MB and 2 Minutes To Midnight. Had no idea what to do when I got there. Is that the mini-wizard?
Also, how is the shaker in this game? Worth getting one?

Cyborg MB
You need to complete the pyramid by making one each of ramp, orbit, spinner, target and pops. Once that is done hit the Jackpot (mystery) target. This will add a ball and give you another ballsaver the first 2/3 times you do so.
To complete Cyborg Eddie and get the Lv2 card you need to collect 5 Jackpot.

2Minutes to Madness
After completing the 5 standard modes you play 2mtM.
5 Shots are lit (lower spinner, leftr ramp, centre/left orbit, right ramp and right orbit. Each is attributed a percentage of the value of the mode when you completed it.
You start with a short ballsave. You have 2 minutes to play this mode, but can be extended by hitting the standup targets normally used for playfield multiplier.
Once you make all 5 shots, they relight and the Super Jackpot is lit at the upper deadend lane.
To complete the Eddie and collect the Lv2 card, you need to collect all 5 shots, then collect them again, then (and only then) collect the Super.

I'd say that Defeat the Beast (lit by collecting all 4 Eddies) is the mini wizard mode. That would make Cyborg and 2mtM micro wizard modes?

#5260 4 years ago

Finally set my game up last night, already has the metal protector in the orbit. Built May of 2019. Didn't get much play on it, had to be quiet setting it up so the wife doesn't figure out there is a new game in the basement.

#5261 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Cyborg MB
You need to complete the pyramid by making one each of ramp, orbit, spinner, target and pops. Once that is done hit the Jackpot (mystery) target. This will add a ball and give you another ballsaver the first 2/3 times you do so.
To complete Cyborg Eddie and get the Lv2 card you need to collect 5 Jackpot.
2Minutes to Madness
After completing the 5 standard modes you play 2mtM.
5 Shots are lit (lower spinner, leftr ramp, centre/left orbit, right ramp and right orbit. Each is attributed a percentage of the value of the mode when you completed it.
You start with a short ballsave. You have 2 minutes to play this mode, but can be extended by hitting the standup targets normally used for playfield multiplier.
Once you make all 5 shots, they relight and the Super Jackpot is lit at the upper deadend lane.
To complete the Eddie and collect the Lv2 card, you need to collect all 5 shots, then collect them again, then (and only then) collect the Super.
I'd say that Defeat the Beast (lit by collecting all 4 Eddies) is the mini wizard mode. That would make Cyborg and 2mtM micro wizard modes?

Oh wow! I think I'm going to have to spend some time reading the game rules.

I'll say this though... Now that I've had a taste of Maiden, not sure I'm going to need this Metallica!

#5262 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks for the help. It looks like the ball will ride on the metal piece and not the playfield. Im going to have to call Stern and have them send me that piece.

Spoke with Chaz . One protector on the way!

#5263 4 years ago

I installed my protector behind the jump ramp last night. Easy install. The instructions say to remove the mylar first. Mine was bubbled/beat up so it needed to go.

#5264 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Should i peel up the mylar in that orbit first?

Yes, if you want it to stick good and stay put.

#5265 4 years ago

My orbit protector is on its way!! Thanks Pablo!!

#5266 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Spoke with Chaz . One protector on the way!

Definitely will be calling to get me one soon also.

#5267 4 years ago

How damaged does it have to be for them to send one? Not sure mine will make the cut

#5268 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

How damaged does it have to be for them to send one? Not sure mine will make the cut

You dont need any damage at all. If your game didnt come with one they will send you one.

#5269 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You dont need any damage at all. If your game didnt come with one they will send you one.

They asked me to send pics of the area. I assumed they would say it was fine.

#5270 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I figured that it was something that they started putting on games after the initial first run games and that they would send early buyers one for free. Its kind of a little too late once the playfield is damaged isnt it? I thought that was the whole point, to keep damage from occurring.

#5271 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Courious who you talked to.

#5272 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Courious who you talked to.

I got an email back from Pablo.
I sent a pic, they might just want to verify I dont have the metal part yet.

#5273 4 years ago

With a sudden run on them I’m not surprised they want to make sure these are ending up in the right hands. I could see people sending in serials of machines on route to get a free part they can flip for cash.

#5274 4 years ago

Yep just a verification I sent my pic and he asked for my shipping info and boom done I have no damage just a couple dimples so you should be all good.

#5275 4 years ago

Do we have to be the original owner to get the protector from Stern?

#5276 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I installed my protector behind the jump ramp last night. Easy install. The instructions say to remove the mylar first. Mine was bubbled/beat up so it needed to go.

Mine is bubbled and wrinkled
How hard is it to remove ?
Im worried about the art coming off with it?
Not that it really matters, you can't see that spot anyway

#5277 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

It's not a problem until it goes to the wood there. Better safe than sorry.

#5278 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

If you get one from AMD, let me know please as may need to enquire about one myself.

#5279 4 years ago

Anyone know what build date they started adding the protector?

#5280 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Anyone know what build date they started adding the protector?

Mine is built Dec. 2018 and doesnt have one.

#5281 4 years ago

Fuck this game is awesome!!!!!!

Why do I even need these other pinball machines anymore?!?!

#5282 4 years ago

Mine was built May of 2019 and does have the protector installed.

#5283 4 years ago

Fuck this game is awesome!!!!!!
Why do I even need these other pinball machines anymore?!?!

Thats why I sold most of mine!

#5284 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Super easy. Peals right up on a game this new. Nice quick job and works great once the new one is on.

#5285 4 years ago

Hey guys...thoughts on a couple mods? Looking to get the Spitfire mod. Which would you go...this: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1162-rods-mods/01904-interactive-spitfire-mod-for-iron-maiden

Or the one that sits on the left side by mezelmods? https://mezelmods.com/collections/iron-maiden-legacy/products/iron-maiden-pinball-illuminated-war-plane

I like the firs one as it would sit alone and not be cramped with the Somewhere in Time model I have on my LE. That, and the propella mod looks cool, just wondering build quality compared to Mezel I guess??

Also, anyone know where I can get the dome cover mod for flasher that sits in the top RHC of the LE's? It has like hieroglyphics over it!??!

#5286 4 years ago

I think we're good...

IMG_20190822_214450 (resized).jpgIMG_20190822_214450 (resized).jpg
#5287 4 years ago

Just got over a billion for the first time. 1.1 billion and 365 million on Cyborg multiball. God I love this game.

#5288 4 years ago

Just received the upgrade kit from Pinball Life:

https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-upgrade-kit.html

For those who have installed it - where did you put those 2 opto pieces? There's two of the loop opto units (and then two individual optos on each one of them), did you put one of the opto pieces on each loop opto unit or did you put both of them on just one of the loop opto units?

If you put one on each, did you put them on the outer or inner opto?

Basically I've got 2 pieces and 4 possible places to put them, just wondering what places were the most optimal to install them.

#5289 4 years ago

Just got home from the Tinley Park Iron Maiden concert. This was the 6th time I've seen Maiden and it really was by far the best show I've ever seen them do. Bruce's voice is in very fine form and I think this is the best singing he's done in like the last ten years. By far I think this was their best stage show ever.... At least best one I've seen.
The playlist is really top notch as well... There were 3 songs that I personally wouldn't have put in. And, I was worried that they once again wouldn't play the Evil That Men Do... But, they DID!!!!! That made me soooo happy. I can't wait for them to release the concert DVD of this tour. Instant buy for me.

#5290 4 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

For those who have installed it - where did you put those 2 opto pieces? There's two of the loop opto units (and then two individual optos on each one of them), did you put one of the opto pieces on each loop opto unit or did you put both of them on just one of the loop opto units?
Basically I've got 2 pieces and 4 possible places to put them, just wondering what places were the most optimal to install them.

A piece of black tape over the bottom half of the optos seems to work best btw.
Either way you are looking to cover one of the optos for each set (the ones with 3 wires)

#5291 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

A piece of black tape over the bottom half of the optos seems to work best btw.
Either way you are looking to cover one of the optos for each set (the ones with 3 wires)

Do you have a pic of what you did? I would like to try it.

#5292 4 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Hey guys...thoughts on a couple mods? Looking to get the Spitfire mod. Which would you go...this: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1162-rods-mods/01904-interactive-spitfire-mod-for-iron-maiden
Or the one that sits on the left side by mezelmods? https://mezelmods.com/collections/iron-maiden-legacy/products/iron-maiden-pinball-illuminated-war-plane
I like the firs one as it would sit alone and not be cramped with the Somewhere in Time model I have on my LE. That, and the propella mod looks cool, just wondering build quality compared to Mezel I guess??
Also, anyone know where I can get the dome cover mod for flasher that sits in the top RHC of the LE's? It has like hieroglyphics over it!??!

I tried both of the 2 Spitfire mods. I ended up keeping the Rods Mods one, since I think it looks cooler to have the spinning props, plus the place it mounts is far better if you have the Mezel arch installed (which I do).

I actually still have the Mezel spitfire and would sell it for half of what I paid.

I thought I got the flasher cover from Mezel also, not realizing it would be mostly a waste on my Pro, since that flasher rarely goes off on the pro. Looks really cool when it does, though, and would look REALLY cool on an LE/Premium where it goes off a lot more.

#5293 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I tried both of the 2 Spitfire mods. I ended up keeping the Rods Mods one, since I think it looks cooler to have the spinning props, plus the place it mounts is far better if you have the Mezel arch installed (which I do).
I actually still have the Mezel spitfire and would sell it for half of what I paid.
I thought I got the flasher cover from Mezel also, not realizing it would be mostly a waste on my Pro, since that flasher rarely goes off on the pro. Looks really cool when it does, though, and would look REALLY cool on an LE/Premium where it goes off a lot more.

Well...have I got the mod for you then! Check it out ->

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-mod-thread/page/13#post-4814369

#5294 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Does the plane interfere at all with the arch when there both installed? I've been wanting the lighted arch, and possibly a plane also. Not sure if i want or need both. Just that the from Rods is more expensive. But that was my thought like you did, get the one from Rods which mounts in the left corner, then the arch is free and clear and no clutter

#5295 4 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Does the plane interfere at all with the arch when there both installed? I've been wanting the lighted arch, and possibly a plane also. Not sure if i want or need both. Just that the from Rods is more expensive. But that was my thought like you did, get the one from Rods which mounts in the left corner, then the arch is free and clear and no clutter

Just to clarify, our plane can be mounted over any playfield screw mount, it does not just have to be over the right ramp. It’s ideal over the right ramp as it glows from underneath and illuminates the play field, but it can go back right or back left and the underglow lights can be disabled by not hooking them up if you choose.

#5296 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Just to clarify, our plane can be mounted over any playfield screw mount, it does not just have to be over the right ramp. It’s ideal over the right ramp as it glows from underneath and illuminates the play field, but it can go back right or back left and the underglow lights can be disabled by not hooking them up if you choose.

So, if it was to be mounted in the back left, it can still be interactive if desired correct?

#5297 4 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

So, if it was to be mounted in the back left, it can still be interactive if desired correct?

Yes, the wires are long enough to reach any flasher connector.

#5298 4 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I thought the right side was too crowded looking with both the arch and the plane on that side. I never tried moving the LERmods one to the other side but I see no reason why it wouldn't work there.

I ended up keeping the one from Rodsmods mostly because of the spinning props... not sure it is worth the price differential just for that but I was willing to pay extra for the coolness of it.

#5299 4 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Just did mine the other day, They work well.
1 for each loop, place on the side with green wire.

20190821_162002 (resized).jpg20190821_162002 (resized).jpg
#5300 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

If you get one from AMD, let me know please as may need to enquire about one myself.

Will do mate

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/106?hl=pinballmix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.