(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 317.
#5201 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I’m in the club! Picked up an IMDN Premium tonight! Love it! It is in beautiful shape.

Congratulations, you're going to love it!

#5202 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I’m in the club! Picked up an IMDN Premium tonight! Love it! It is in beautiful shape.

That's the one that was for sale on PinballRev and was snatched up in 30 minutes. Helluva price too!

#5203 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

That's the one that was for sale on PinballRev and was snatched up in 30 minutes. Helluva price too!

Indeed it was... seller is awesome.

#5204 4 years ago

I'd be interested to know what strategies people use when playing where score, rather than progression is the target? i.e. in competition

I'm taking my Pro to use in a comp I'm running at Pinfest and have changed just 2 of the settings to shorten the ball times. Namely ball save on MBs is reduced, and Revive is harder (both in achieving and if you use Revive to save a ball down one outlane it turns the other outlane off as well). I Have also tightened the tilt and made the slingshots more sensitive. The left outlane post is fully closed, right outlane is fully open.

Previously I was all about going for the Tomb Treasures by completing modes and letting MBs happen. This had got me a few scores over 3bil, 8 TTs on numerous occasions and a few cracks at defeating The BEAST.

However with the ball being much more likely to drain I decided a change of strategy may be worth looking at. Loops all day long.

After half a dozen games I was getting scores over a billion by focusing on loops, hitting 40-50 on average, and just taking anything else that came along.

Then this happened.

The really annoying thing about it was that when I drained I had loop jackpots ready to go again, with a base value of 33.5mil AND 3x scoring ready to start. Rather than stick to my strategy I tried to hit the left ramp, trigger 3x playfield then go back to loops - obviously I ballsed it up and drained.
Had I got it started assuming I hit 3 big loops in a row followed by a small loop that would have given a score of 100+200+300+1200mil - 1.8 BILLION for just 4 shots.
LOOP (resized).jpgLOOP (resized).jpg

#5205 4 years ago

Almost defeat the beast

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5206 4 years ago

Coindropper
Thanks for the cards they look great
I usually like the one card to list the designer, coder, artist instead of being blank

#5207 4 years ago

What are all the possible ways to earn tomb treasures? Lately I seem to be getting at least one per game for reasons unknown to me. Thanks.

#5208 4 years ago

Was playing a great game last night, had revive lit, left outlane drain, game over.
Took the glass off to check it out. Damn switch issue. Worst timing I've had for a faulty switch. I'll open her up today.

#5209 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

What are all the possible ways to earn tomb treasures? Lately I seem to be getting at least one per game for reasons unknown to me. Thanks.

Tomb Treasures

Collecting Soul Shards and other tasks lights the Tomb (Pro: right loop, LE: left ramp) to collect a Tomb Treasure. There are 10 different awards to collect in a set order:

1. 15 Million

2. Super Slings (slingshots worth 250k + 1K increment for rest of ball)

3. Depends on which model you’re playing on:
a) Pro: Boost Power Jackpot 15M (adds additional 15M to current Power Jackpot)
b) Premium/LE: Can I Play With Madness (multiball; specifically makes use of the Underworld scoop; it is also possible in settings to disable this mode and award the +15M Power Jackpot award instead)

4. Super Combos (5x combos and deathblows for rest of ball)

5. Light Extra Ball

6. Light Revive

7. Collect 2X Bonus - This 2X is multiplied by the current PF multiplier AND your current bonus multiplier so very large collects are possible here!

8. +5x Power Jackpot multiplier

9. 50 Million + Random Level 2 Eddie card spotted

10. Run to the Hills (super-wizard mode)

There are exactly 11 different objectives that will light a tomb treasure and repeating the same objective twice will not light another treasure (so you’ll need to complete 10 goals to start Run to the Hills). Also note that if you’ve collected only three Level 2 Eddie cards prior to Tomb Treasure #9, that collecting #9 will then immediately qualify #10. Soul Shards can be collected also as level 3 mystery awards after playing 2 Minutes to Midnight.

Fear of the Dark Soul Shard
Flight of Icarus Soul Shard
Aces High Soul Shard
Rime of the Ancient Mariner Soul Shard
Hallowed Be Thy Name Soul Shard
Collect a loop jackpot
Collect a 6-Way Combo
Mummy Super Jackpot
Trooper Super Jackpot
Complete Number of the Beast
Collect the “Level 2” versions of all 4 Eddie cards

#5210 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I'd be interested to know what strategies people use when playing where score, rather than progression is the target? i.e. in competition
I'm taking my Pro to use in a comp I'm running at Pinfest and have changed just 2 of the settings to shorten the ball times. Namely ball save on MBs is reduced, and Revive is harder (both in achieving and if you use Revive to save a ball down one outlane it turns the other outlane off as well). I Have also tightened the tilt and made the slingshots more sensitive. The left outlane post is fully closed, right outlane is fully open.
Previously I was all about going for the Tomb Treasures by completing modes and letting MBs happen. This had got me a few scores over 3bil, 8 TTs on numerous occasions and a few cracks at defeating The BEAST.
However with the ball being much more likely to drain I decided a change of strategy may be worth looking at. Loops all day long.
After half a dozen games I was getting scores over a billion by focusing on loops, hitting 40-50 on average, and just taking anything else that came along.
Then this happened.
The really annoying thing about it was that when I drained I had loop jackpots ready to go again, with a base value of 33.5mil AND 3x scoring ready to start. Rather than stick to my strategy I tried to hit the left ramp, trigger 3x playfield then go back to loops - obviously I ballsed it up and drained.
Had I got it started assuming I hit 3 big loops in a row followed by a small loop that would have given a score of 100+200+300+1200mil - 1.8 BILLION for just 4 shots.
[quoted image]

For score, I go revive then loops. I do this every game. I still go for everything else in the game, but 3x loops amounts to INSANE points plus extra ball (non tournament). If all ball saves are off and posts are pulled, I'd go for drops, multiballs and modes... Basically everything but loops.

#5211 4 years ago

So as far as adjusting the switch in the secret passage so a ball does not remain in, I'm guessing I just bend a metal aramature.

But how easy is it to access? I probably need to get at it from behind the backboard, so is there any special trick to getting to it by yourself without the playfield being in an unstable / precarious position?
I don't want to do it stupid and have a playfield go falling one way or another.

Gonna try it today...

Thanks!

BobC

#5212 4 years ago

Got to see Iron Maiden live in Pittsburgh today for the first time was awesome to see they kicked ass.

#5213 4 years ago

Updated cards a bit. You’ll have to scroll down because I linked all of the original resolution so they’ll need to be resized when you print. A few new ones too and updated the font.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only#post-5153032

#5214 4 years ago

I probably have a defective / broken orb newton assembly or spring?

When I compared it's action to the sarcophagus newton by moving the hex pointer post around I noticed the sarcophagus post springs back / recenters with authority.
However, the orb newton isn't as snappy.
In fact, if I pull the post towards the front of the playfield the return strength is lacking and it doesn't always recenter.

Nuts, screws, switch stack, hex post...all seem tight.

In the morning I'll double check the assembly on the top side of the playfield.
I'm not sure I want to take it apart / out before talking to Stern...

#5215 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

I probably have a defective / broken orb newton assembly or spring?
When I compared it's action to the sarcophagus newton by moving the hex pointer post around I noticed the sarcophagus post springs back / recenters with authority.
However, the orb newton isn't as snappy.
In fact, if I pull the post towards the front of the playfield the return strength is lacking and it doesn't always recenter.
Nuts, screws, switch stack, hex post...all seem tight.
In the morning I'll double check the assembly on the top side of the playfield.
I'm not sure I want to take it apart / out before talking to Stern...

The spring collar needs to be unscrewed a little bit. Maybe try half a turn at a time until it centers well.

Part 8

8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg
#5216 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Updated cards a bit. You’ll have to scroll down because I linked all of the original resolution so they’ll need to be resized when you print. A few new ones too and updated the font.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only#post-5153032

Here's what I'm using

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#5217 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Here's what I'm using[quoted image]

I wanted to do the same thing but our tickets were on our phones. Everyone apparantly because i couldnt even find a stub on the ground

I mean, I could try to cram the drumstick I caught in there somewhere I guess lol. Damn you modern technology

#5218 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The spring collar needs to be unscrewed a little bit. Maybe try half a turn at a time until it centers well.
Part 8[quoted image]

Thanks!

#5219 4 years ago

"more like Flight of Brick-arus"

The detail in this game is incredible!

#5220 4 years ago

I had my first node board failure. Has anyone else had issues? I'm bummed with the new "take and toss" repair model.

#5221 4 years ago

Not on this game but I had an LED On an LED node board on my BM66 crap out. $200 for the board because one LED lost the red color.

#5222 4 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Not on this game but I had an LED On an LED node board on my BM66 crap out. $200 for the board because one LED lost the red color.

Before anyone pays that, check with Borygard here. He's been able to fix some node board problems.

#5223 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Before anyone pays that, check with Borygard here. He's been able to fix some node board problems.

Thanks, Vic!

#5224 4 years ago

I've played a bunch of times at friend's houses and location, but after picking up a beautiful Premium yesterday and playing it at home the way I like to set up my games, I'm blown away!

This game is F'ng awesome!!!

Maybe the most fun I've ever had playing a game on day one at home! Now I'm even more stoked to get my Jurassic! Elwin is the new king of pinball!

Quick question... What were the factory settings for the outlane posts? Right now mine is set in the middle for the left, and the top for the right.

#5225 4 years ago

My new pro is left middle, right top

#5226 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The LED parts for light boards should be available. It's just a matter of finding someone to do the surface repair work. A friend of mine bought a hot air station just for doing that and replaced the sound IC on his Metallica pro.

Rob

#5227 4 years ago

Protector questions...

Has anybody installed the big on the Pharaoh face protector to stave off damage from jump ramp shots?
I'm not sure I've ever seen damage in that area on any of the pins I played but I haven't really looked that closely

Also regarding putting mylar behind at jump ramp where balls falling chew up the wood...
I noticed my premium seems to have some metal down there on the playfield (looks like only about half the width of the lane for some reason?)
Is that a problem on the premiums or just a pro where the wood gets damaged from balls dropping there?

Thanks!

BobC

#5228 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Protector questions...
Has anybody installed the big on the Pharaoh face protector to stave off damage from jump ramp shots?
I'm not sure I've ever seen damage in that area on any of the pins I played but I haven't really looked that closely
Also regarding putting mylar behind at jump ramp where balls falling chew up the wood...
I noticed my premium seems to have some metal down there on the playfield (looks like only about half the width of the lane for some reason?)
Is that a problem on the premiums or just a pro where the wood gets damaged from balls dropping there?
Thanks!
BobC

That metal is a later run fix to stop the ball from hanging up when the mylar they were using there got chewed up.

#5229 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Awesome, is it possible to add credits to the blank card : designer, coder, art etc....

#5230 4 years ago

Is this something we can add to a pro? I only have 30 plays on mine and do not want it messed up as much as possible. Thanks!

#5231 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Protector questions...
Thanks!
BobC

I installed the Pharoah protector day one. I was already placing an order and the protector was $15 so why not? High impact area. Easy install. Not noticeable once installed. Cant hurt.

#5232 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I installed the Pharoah protector day one. I was already placing an order and the protector was $15 so why not? High impact area. Easy install. Not noticeable once installed. Cant hurt.

Where do you get the protector?

#5233 4 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

My new pro is left middle, right top

My LE was same
I set right middle same as left.
No problem with right outlane drain its fair
Left on the other hand is an absolute bitch, I have pitch and level set nice.
I want to put left on lower, but it's stuck solid on center does not want to budge its like im just gonna have to learn to nudge better or "Die with my balls gone"

#5234 4 years ago

Btw, if you have one of the iron maiden playfields with pooling around the posts, check carefully for chipping. I thought all we had was pooling, but the right sling has a clean chip to the wood by the bottom star post.

#5235 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Mezel. I also got the Pharoah blinders. Good product. Avoid the garbage "gels" they sell for the mode tree though. Get the Vireland mod instead

#5236 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Email [email protected] with your serial number.

The protector to protect the orbit drop off from the center ramp is part number: 502-7087-00

It works well. Easy to install.

#5237 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

The protector to protect the orbit drop off from the center ramp is part number: 502-7087-00

Are they sending them at their cost?

#5238 4 years ago

Thanks pickleric!

#5239 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Chas got back to me and said that part is the orbit protector?!?!

Is that the same thing?

#5240 4 years ago

The protector that your thinking of is from Mezel mods.

#5241 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinmasher:

The protector that your thinking of is from Mezel mods.

There are two separate conversations going on. One about the Pharoah protector from mezel, the other the metal orbit protector from more recent stern runs.

#5242 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

There are two separate conversations going on. One about the Pharoah protector from mezel, the other the metal orbit protector from more recent stern runs.

Thanks...didn't know about this recent metal orbit protector....I emailed stern and they are sending it to me without any fuss!

#5243 4 years ago

Can someone post a pic of the metal protector ?

#5244 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Can someone post a pic of the metal protector ?

Yeah i would like to know what a metal orbit protector is myself.....

#5245 4 years ago

Here is a pic. Only been in a for a few games so far, and it has already taken a beating.

I believe newer games come with this installed already.

Works great, no change in game play at all.

IMG-1879 (resized).JPGIMG-1879 (resized).JPG

#5246 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Here is a pic. Only been in a for a few games so far, and it has already taken a beating.
I believe newer games come with this installed already. Interesting design, but it works well. Game play is the same.
[quoted image]

What is it supposed to do though? Are you talking about the metal piece that is laying on the shooter lane? Sorry im just lost and im not around my game right now to look at it.

#5247 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Ok, so knowing that, I should probably get both?

#5248 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What is it supposed to do though? Are you talking about the metal piece that is laying on the shooter lane? Sorry im just lost and im not around my game right now to look at it.

The metal piece at the bottom of the center ramp.

When you shoot the ball at the center target and it falls onto the playfield it puts a lot of wear on the playfield.

There is mylar there, but for many people it gets all chewed up and can cause ball hangups.

On some games with a lot of plays, it has worn the playfield down to the wood.

This reinforces the area.

If you don’t have the protector, feel that area on your game and see how it feels.

#5249 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

The metal piece at the bottom of the center ramp.
When you shoot the ball at the center target and it falls onto the playfield it puts a lot of wear on the playfield.
There is mylar there, but for many people it gets all chewed up and can cause ball hangups.
On some games with a lot of plays, it has worn the playfield down to the wood.
This reinforces the area.
If you don’t have the protector, feel that area on your game and see how it feels.

Im going to have to look but im pretty sure that i don't have that on my game..is it easy to install?

#5250 4 years ago

How does that protector get installed? Is this for all models pro and premium?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/105?hl=atrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.