(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,778 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 minutes ago by Shrub_Light
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
Ironmaidenshipped (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_182738510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_165233504 (resized).jpg
20240407_164052@4 (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4950 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4947 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,778 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 316.
#5101 4 years ago

Damn, I was happy to get 300 million. You still on 3 balls with all factory settings and open left/right outlanes? That's just insane. The world champion got like 800 million on IM.

#5102 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Damn, I was happy to get 300 million. You still on 3 balls with all factory settings and open left/right outlanes? That's just insane. The world champion got like 800 million on IM.

I earned 3 extra balls(1 from finishing 2power pyramids, 1 from loops which I ended up with 91 total and 1 from tomb treasures)so technically it was a 6 ball game which helped a lot. The first thing I go for now is loops on every ball during ball save and multi ball especially since I get credit for all loops now. What a good game.

#5103 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

500-800 million games are pretty common for me on the premium. If you get the right combination of things lined up, blowing it up to over a billion isn't out of reach. Robert Gagno blew it up to 3.7 Billion earlier this year.

#5105 4 years ago

Okay... It seems the time has come for my first minor servicing for my Iron Maiden Prem. Right now I am having problems with the underworld scoop not registering every time. Some games it'll be like 4-5 in a row no issues and then I'll run into issues of it not registering 2-4 times in a row. And then it goes on so on and so forth.
I hope this is a simple fix, and just curious what I should be looking for.

I then have a second issue. Its more minor, but still annoying.
One of the LEDs the quarter million loop insert LED(the lowest level one) is not displaying right. One the pregame light show it shows as being out.
But, during the actual game it can be lit solid at times. And other times it can flash but its really weak. Hoping that is a simple fix as well and I'd just like to know what I should look for in that as well. I figure for that one, it might be a loose connection, and might just need to re-attach a wire or something... I hope I don't need to replace an entire LED board just to fix one minor and really unnecessary issue.

Help would be appreciated as I'm getting better fixing my machines, but still really suck at doing so.
Thanks in advance.

#5106 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay... It seems the time has come for my first minor servicing for my Iron Maiden Prem. Right now I am having problems with the underworld scoop not registering every time. Some games it'll be like 4-5 in a row no issues and then I'll run into issues of it not registering 2-4 times in a row. And then it goes on so on and so forth.
I then have a second issue. Its more minor, but still annoying.
One of the LEDs the quarter million loop insert LED(the lowest level one) is not displaying right. One the pregame light show it shows as being out.
But, during the actual game it can be lit solid at times. And other times it can flash but its really weak. Hoping that is a simple fix as well and I'd just like to know what I should look for in that as well. I figure for that one, it might be a loose connection, and might just need to re-attach a wire or something... I hope I don't need to replace an entire LED board just to fix one minor and really unnecessary issue.
Help would be appreciated as I'm getting better fixing my machines, but still really suck at doing so.
Thanks in advance.

The LED might be a loose connection, but it sounds like a bad LED. I'd try reflowing the solder first to see if that fixes it. If that DOESN'T, you can swap it with another LED board nearby and see if the problem travels. If it does, you know you have a bad board.

#5107 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The LED might be a loose connection, but it sounds like a bad LED. I'd try reflowing the solder first to see if that fixes it. If that DOESN'T, you can swap it with another LED board nearby and see if the problem travels. If it does, you know you have a bad board.

Never swapped out an LED board before... Is it simple or complex?

#5108 4 years ago

My goodness, PinballMix is pretty awesome. If you want to remove or freshen up your Maiden music(or any game for that matter), check out PinballMix. I’m just a new customer of his product, and me and my fiancé dig it!

#5109 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Never swapped out an LED board before... Is it simple or complex?

Super easy, barely an inconvenience.

These single LED boards just have a couple circuit board pads with wires soldered to them. Take pictures before unsoldering so you don't get the wire colors wrong when you put them back. As long as you know how to solder, you're good to go.
LED Board (resized).jpgLED Board (resized).jpg

#5110 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

These single LED boards just have a couple circuit board pads with wires soldered to them. Take pictures before unsoldering so you don't get the wire colors wrong when you put them back. As long as you know how to solder, you're good to go.
[quoted image]

Where do you get a replacement board at. Just curious. Just in case I need to buy one. But, yes. I know that is putting cart before the horse.

#5111 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Where do you get a replacement board at. Just curious. Just in case I need to buy one. But, yes. I know that is putting cart before the horse.

Marco has them.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5307-00

If you haven't had the machine a year, I'd see if Stern will send you one free first.

But I'd swap with a known good single LED board first (the white 2 wire ones only, not the RGB ones) to make sure it's the board that's bad.

#5112 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Marco has them.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5307-00
If you haven't had the machine a year, I'd see if Stern will send you one free first.
But I'd swap with a known good single LED board first (the white 2 wire ones only, not the RGB ones) to make sure it's the board that's bad.

Sadly I've had it for like 2-3 months over a year now. No big deal.
Especially since I want to order a gottlieb flipper repair kit and also some flipper coils. So I might order all at once to save on shipping.

#5113 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Sadly I've had it for like 2-3 months over a year now. No big deal.
Especially since I want to order a gottlieb flipper repair kit and also some flipper coils. So I might order all at once to save on shipping.

Well, at the very least, do the board swap first to verify it is the board that's the problem.

#5114 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, at the very least, do the board swap first to verify it is the board that's the problem.

yep. I will give that a go.

#5115 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Switching out led boards is tight!

#5116 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Cointaker also has them in stock, different colors as well. https://cointaker.com/products/stern-spike-led

#5117 4 years ago

Might be joining the club with a premium.

Wondering if any has powder coated, and could share a photo. I saw one on a bronze/gold that looked pretty cool.

Also thinking about installing the pyramid themed side blades, and was hoping to see a photo of that installed.

Cheers

#5118 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

My goodness, PinballMix is pretty awesome. If you want to remove or freshen up your Maiden music(or any game for that matter), check out PinballMix. I’m just a new customer of his product, and me and my fiancé dig it!

Wow, thanks for the kind words. For anyone waiting on me to get back on more info or orders, hang in there. Drove overnight 11 hours to get home from Replay, and now I am going to see Maiden in Montreal!!!!

I got super lucky and won FTTB on the fan club. Gonna be real close to the stage!

Up the Irons!!!!!!

#5119 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I had the screws holding the scoop switch come loose, pop the hood and check it out

#5120 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I had the screws holding the scoop switch come loose, pop the hood and check it out

where would that be located?
Any suggestions on how to proceed to check out that switch?

#5121 4 years ago

Am looking at ordering Titan rubbers, keen to see pics or hear suggestions of colours that would suit a Maiden Pro?

#5122 4 years ago

I'm debating adding a Flipper Fidelity or Pinball Pro sub kit to my IMDN Premium. Has anyone else already done this? Is it worth it?

#5123 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

under the kickout at the top of the playfield (bottom if it's lifted). Find the switch that triggers there and look on the side of it for two small, long, thin screws. Often times, one comes loose and the switch swings away on the remaining screw's pivot point.

#5124 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

under the kickout at the top of the playfield (bottom if it's lifted). Find the switch that triggers there and look on the side of it for two small, long, thin screws. Often times, one comes loose and the switch swings away on the remaining screw's pivot point.

I had this happen, 1 screw was missing and the coil movement broke the micro switch. I put blue lock tight on new screws and switch. All good now.

#5125 4 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Am looking at ordering Titan rubbers, keen to see pics or hear suggestions of colours that would suit a Maiden Pro?

I have all these titan and pinball life colored rings and nearly always end up going with the translucent. That goes for almost any location that has lights behind the ring. I really dig how it lets some additional light through. I did clears in a few key spots and put in comet warm white leds. I think it fits really well with the colors on the game.

#5126 4 years ago
Quoted from robm:

I did Dk. Blue from Titan. Forgot about the translucent or I might have done that for the slings. I like the dark blue though as it fit in with the play field. If you go to post 2971, I have pictures.

#5127 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I'm debating adding a Flipper Fidelity or Pinball Pro sub kit to my IMDN Premium. Has anyone else already done this? Is it worth it?

I installed the Flipper Fidelity 10" kit w/back box speakers. Sounded so good I ended up buying the kit for my Ghostbusters and Spiderman. Sounds way better. With the 10" sub, you can put in for a little more bass and not need a shaker as it will shake enough

#5128 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Flip up the playfield and look directly under the scoop
Switch on my machine actually fell off and was hanging by the wires - screws were down in the cabinet

#5129 4 years ago

Anyone replace the Mylar at the backside of the jump ramp? Mine's chewed to death. If so, how are you removing it? What about below the lifting ramp? Mine looks as though it is cutting through.

#5130 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Anyone replace the Mylar at the backside of the jump ramp? Mine's chewed to death. If so, how are you removing it? What about below the lifting ramp? Mine looks as though it is cutting through.

Interested as well. I saw someone else had posted that Stern sent them a replacement piece.

#5131 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Interested as well. I saw someone else had posted that Stern sent them a replacement piece.

+1. I bought a huo model and the ball actually got hung up in the Mylar at one point before I increased the pitch more.

#5132 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Flip up the playfield and look directly under the scoop
Switch on my machine actually fell off and was hanging by the wires - screws were down in the cabinet

Thanks. I'll give it a go.

#5133 4 years ago

Hey guys what was the final verdict on the auto launch issue mine finally started doing it

#5134 4 years ago

Picked up a new premium today, thinking about some sort of candy orange for the armor. Anyone tried gold chrome for t-molding? Wondering how it might look with the colors of the premium.

#5135 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Hey guys what was the final verdict on the auto launch issue mine finally started doing it

Are you talking about the auto-launch hitting the post instead of going through the loop?

#5136 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Are you talking about the auto-launch hitting the post instead of going through the loop?

Correct!!

#5137 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

New stronger coil, turn town the coil strength after the change. Key post index at the top has link to which coil to get.

#5138 4 years ago

I did the new coil and adjusted the settings. A slight bend or adjustment of the ball guide helped me as well. I had manual launches working well and was having trouble getting autolaunches to go correctly until I did that.

#5139 4 years ago

Our auto-launch was working perfect @ 6 degrees with 220 power. We changed to 6.5 degrees and no power setting would work. We took off the right return wire and a couple of pieces of plastic to expose the screw behind the upper bend. Then loosened the screw and had my son push on the ball guide so the radius was increased allowing the ball to take a higher path. Then tightened the screw. There was just enough play in the mounting tab for this to work.

#5140 4 years ago

6 must be super floaty. I keep mine at or just above 6.5 but I know many keep this game at 7

#5141 4 years ago

Check that the back of your playfield is level left to right. Anytime my plunge seems off, it usually is fixed with a simple leg adjustment

#5142 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Check that the back of your playfield is level left to right. Anytime my plunge seems off, it usually is fixed with a simple leg adjustment

Hmmmm, never really thought of that. Didn't think a tad here or there would affect the plunge that much.

#5143 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Has anyone here installed those little plastic blinders for the loop opto? Do they work? My game is only registering about 2/3 of the loops when they get going fast.
I can hit about 5-6 in a row now but I sometimes collect as little as 3.

The opto kit works great. My loop shots register every single time now. Well worth the money, which isnt much, like 12 bucks if i remember correctly?

#5144 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The opto kit works great. My loop shots register every single time now. Well worth the money, which isnt much, like 12 bucks if i remember correctly?

Did you just install the Opto part or the ball diverter as well?

#5145 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Did you just install the Opto part or the ball diverter as well?

I didnt install the ball diverter because my game had that fix installed from the factory.

#5146 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I didnt install the ball diverter because my game had that fix installed from the factory.

Mine didn't, guess I'll install that too. Thanks Who-Dey

#5147 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Mine didn't, guess I'll install that too. Thanks who-dey

What is the "ball diverter" fix?

#5150 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Mine didn't, guess I'll install that too. Thanks who-dey

Yw, let us know how them optos are registering.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

There are 15,778 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.