(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,775 posts
  • 1,049 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 minutes ago by Sorokyl
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
Ironmaidenshipped (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_182738510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_165233504 (resized).jpg
20240407_164052@4 (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4950 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4947 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 316.
#5051 4 years ago

Ok sorry....I should have clarified. Holding in the start button starts a new game.

I'm asking...how to stop the current game and go back into attract mode.

Basically...lets say an ADHD kid starts a game at my house, plays one ball and then leaves ….I want to cancel the game and would rather not turn off/turn on...

#5052 4 years ago

Hopefully joining the IM club this weekend.

#5053 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Hi All,
I was looking for score cards and didn't find quite what I was looking for. So opened photoshop and downloaded the Metal Lord font, messed around with effects for longer than I care to admit. Have photoshop...not an expert. Long story short here's the first batch of beta 1 cards. Still working on making them easier to read. I need to do a lot of clean up on the PSD but once I'm done I'll upload that as well so maybe you don't have to start from scratch.
I'm pretty good at introducing typos, so let me know if you see any mistakes. Print @140mm width.
Cheers!
Mike
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These are awesome. The only thing wrong with them is now I have to decide which ones to use Well done sir.

#5054 4 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

These are awesome. The only thing wrong with them is now I have to decide which ones to use Well done sir

Thank you!

Did you like the 2nd edition rule cards with larger font and no Iron Maiden Logo or the original? I can post more versions of the 2nd edition if anyone likes that better.

#5055 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Ok sorry....I should have clarified. Holding in the start button starts a new game.
Basically...lets say an ADHD kid starts a game at my house, plays one ball and then leaves ….I want to cancel the game and would rather not turn off/turn on...

I think you'll have to use the service menu for now. They just added an "abort game" feature to BK3, where you hold the left flipper and start together, so it's very possible that'll be in the next update to Iron Maiden.

#5056 4 years ago

Here's more of the 2nd edition. Still working on rev2 of the free play card.

Have fun!
Mike

P.S. print @ 140mm width.

Score_Card_beta4_red.pngScore_Card_beta4_red.pngScore_Card_beta4_white_maiden_gun.pngScore_Card_beta4_white_maiden_gun.pngScore_Card_beta4_white_maiden_heart.pngScore_Card_beta4_white_maiden_heart.pngscv2_white_outline_cell.pngscv2_white_outline_cell.pngscv2_white_outline_horse.pngscv2_white_outline_horse.pngscv2_white_outline_trooper2.pngscv2_white_outline_trooper2.pngtrooper4.pngtrooper4.pngdemon2.pngdemon2.pngblue.pngblue.png
#5057 4 years ago

These are great! What could you do with this?

iron-maiden-legacy-of-the-beast-tour-2018.jpgiron-maiden-legacy-of-the-beast-tour-2018.jpg
#5058 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Here's more of the 2nd edition. Still working on rev2 of the free play card.
Have fun!
Mike
P.S. print @ 140mm width.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ah hell. My printer is going to run out of ink

#5059 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

How about this...whats the quickest way to reset/cancel a game? On other pins, I can go into the menus and exit, and it resets/cancels the current game in progress, but not in IMDN. Is there a trick to canceling a game?

I install a button to the slam tilt wires. Then I just push the button to reset. Takes a while though as it does pretty much a full reboot. Much more functional on SAM games.

#5060 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

I think you'll have to use the service menu for now. They just added an "abort game" feature to BK3, where you hold the left flipper and start together, so it's very possible that'll be in the next update to Iron Maiden.

I don't see how you would abort a game from the service menu either though...

But...good to hear that they are adding such a feature to some pins.....I have hope that they will get it in the next IMDN update!

#5061 4 years ago

I'm wondering that with all the excitement of the new JP if the IMDN update won't get pushed to the back burner.

#5062 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'm wondering that with all the excitement of the new JP if the IMDN update won't get pushed to the back burner.

Are there some issues? The code seems pretty solid, though we've only had it for 6 weeks now. Only have gotten 3 eddies lit up once on three balls, all factory settings. So we've not seen the end game modes or the scoring.

#5063 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Are there some issues? The code seems pretty solid, though we've only had it for 6 weeks now. Only have gotten 3 eddies lit up once on three balls, all factory settings. So we've not seen the end game modes or the scoring.

There's still a pretty substantial list of bugs for Iron Maiden yet to be fixed:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features

#5064 4 years ago

PinMonk Thanks for the info.

#5065 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's still a pretty substantial list of bugs for Iron Maiden yet to be fixed:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features

Thanks again for maintaining bugs thread Vic.

Yes, some code lines/features to be enhanced to make IMDN perfect.

Hopefully the requests are being worked on,

The IMDN faults issues thread is here,

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues

A code update before the year is out would be sweet.

#5066 4 years ago

If you are at ReplayFX this week, come check out the Pinball MIX booth.

You'll get to hear how I bastardized Iron Maiden with 5 different mixes.

- Iron Maiden B-Sides (with Paul Di'Anno
- Neil's Disco Maiden
- Made In 80s
- Mystery Band/Artist #1
- Mystery Band/Artist #2

Come say hi.

Mark
Pinball MIX

#5067 4 years ago

Has anyone here installed those little plastic blinders for the loop opto? Do they work? My game is only registering about 2/3 of the loops when they get going fast.
I can hit about 5-6 in a row now but I sometimes collect as little as 3.

#5068 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Has anyone here installed those little plastic blinders for the loop opto? Do they work? My game is only registering about 2/3 of the loops when they get going fast.

I haven't, but the people I've seen that have report good results.

#5069 4 years ago

Looking for suggestions to help seal and glue my IMDN Eddie shooter rod. I painted the 2 part resin with acrylic paints and need something to seal the paint and would also love to know how others are gluing their shooter rod mods. Here's a link to the thread that shows the progression of the piece from inception to completion: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/imdn-eddie-aces-high-shooter-rod

20190725_140401 (resized).jpg20190725_140401 (resized).jpg

#5070 4 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Looking for suggestions to help seal and glue my IMDN Eddie shooter rod. I painted the 2 part resin with acrylic paints and need something to seal the paint and would also love to know how others are gluing their shooter rod mods. Here's a link to the thread that shows the progression of the piece from inception to completion: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/imdn-eddie-aces-high-shooter-rod
[quoted image]

I'd ask here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/

#5071 4 years ago

Thanks Victor! I have to read through every page, then 'll ask.

#5072 4 years ago

Search google for Resin coatings, there are all kinds of how-to articles on coating artwork, jewelry, etc. Practice on something throw away first of course.

#5073 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

*Edit, here was my post on that - had been asking Who-dey about the kit and his results just a few posts before that. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/90#post-4973870

In either this thread or the issues thread, at least a couple guys reported having the opto blinder kits, and them working well. I posted about making up my own out of some scrap metal sheet I had, and I'm not sure that I have missed being credited for a loop since. Either way it has made a big improvement on mine, easy to install.

#5074 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I put mine on from day one since I was taking everything apart to put in titan rubbers. I have never had a loop not register.

#5075 4 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Thanks Victor! I have to read through every page, then 'll ask.

I'd just jump to the end and post. He probably has expertise to help you or at least offer an opinion.

#5076 4 years ago

Does someone on here sell the opto blinders or should I just check the usual suspects online?

#5077 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Does someone on here sell the opto blinders or should I just check the usual suspects online?

Pretty sure most that need them are getting them through mezel...

https://mezelmods.com/collections/iron-maiden-legacy/products/iron-maiden-pinball-loop-adjuster-kit

#5078 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yes and it works perfect. Highly recomended for IMDN.

#5079 4 years ago

I just adjusted the first opto on the big loop. Haven't missed since. I'd try that before buying something that just blocks some light. Tape would work as well as that...

#5080 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I got them through Pinball Life

https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden.html

#5081 4 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I got them through Pinball Life

Me too but i haven't added them as yet.

#5082 4 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Wow that’s awesome! You had great seats

That was investing 3.5hrs of waiting to get to first/second row of GA space Plus winning the fan club lottery for early entry

#5083 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I just adjusted the first opto on the big loop. Haven't missed since. I'd try that before buying something that just blocks some light. Tape would work as well as that...

What adjustments did you do to your opto? I’m starting to think I’m getting cheated on my loop count.

#5084 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

What adjustments did you do to your opto? I’m starting to think I’m getting cheated on my loop count.

Ditto

#5085 4 years ago

I just put a piece of black electric tape over the opto eye that covers it halfway, on the side with 3wires(on my game it was the left side of the opto bracket). I also added a few washers to lift it about 1/4”. If you decide to lift it you’re going to need longer screws 4/40 threads.

#5087 4 years ago
20190801_172157 (resized).jpg20190801_172157 (resized).jpg
#5088 4 years ago

Maiden with the BSD Dracula mod?

#5089 4 years ago

Wildbill327

Thank you for the instructions.

#5090 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Maiden with the BSD Dracula mod?

That's a relief, I thought it was the Ron Jeremy mod...

#5091 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

wildbill327
Thank you for the instructions.

So far the tape over the opto trick is working good. Today I’ve had multiple loop jackpots in all the games I played. Before I did this I was lucky to get one per game.

#5092 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

It’s been a while, but from what I remember, I loosened the two Philips crews of the bulb side and moved the bulb so it was pointing straighter into the loop lane. Tightened and tested. I am now so used to counting loops for testing that I count them whenever I play. It’s been consistent ever since.

#5093 4 years ago

Pardon my ignorance, but can someone explain what an opto eye is and where it's located?

#5094 4 years ago

The opto eye that I modified is located behind the small hole on the big loop(left loop). I took a few pictures for you. You can get to the opto from underneath the Playfield by removing two screws from the metal bracket. One of the brackets is located on the bottom left of the Playfield, and the other opto bracket for loops is located on the bottom right of the Playfield when it is in the lifted position. The opto is used to count loops on the left loop shot and to count loops on the right mini loop( it also is used to lock the ball on the right orbit and collect tomb treasure).

3460FCA2-9CF2-471F-9850-903FCA2C0714 (resized).jpeg3460FCA2-9CF2-471F-9850-903FCA2C0714 (resized).jpeg88BF2AA5-447F-4F3A-9CE8-63B1D06CB103 (resized).jpeg88BF2AA5-447F-4F3A-9CE8-63B1D06CB103 (resized).jpeg838C3DDB-3418-40AB-B2C4-E5042042B6B0 (resized).jpeg838C3DDB-3418-40AB-B2C4-E5042042B6B0 (resized).jpeg7620CF02-B894-44A1-83E8-53008A549FC3 (resized).jpeg7620CF02-B894-44A1-83E8-53008A549FC3 (resized).jpegF144BD8D-1ECA-40F9-A8A0-2D60C8FDE9B6 (resized).jpegF144BD8D-1ECA-40F9-A8A0-2D60C8FDE9B6 (resized).jpeg129577DE-AF33-4035-B2B5-6055D0622D36 (resized).jpeg129577DE-AF33-4035-B2B5-6055D0622D36 (resized).jpeg
#5095 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

press and hold the start button should remove all the current games started but will start a new game. I don't know if there is a way to go back to attract mode.

Also this is a setting in the menu that may be turned off if you don't like to restart games.

#5096 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

press and hold the start button should remove all the current games started but will start a new game. I don't know if there is a way to go back to attract mode.
Also this is a setting in the menu that may be turned off if you don't like to restart games.

I believe they just added that feature in the new Game of Thrones code. You hold the left flipper button and the start button and it will end the game and go back to attract mode. That is the only game I have heard of adding it, but I expect it will be added to other games eventually.

I also believe this is a feature that can be enabled or disabled in the options menu.

It's a nice and simple option....now they just need to make it so setting a game in tournament mode makes it so the scores are always shown on the screen after a game. A score keeper doesn't care who is the "whoopdie doo champ" when they are trying to record scores.

#5097 4 years ago

I bought a few 5v RGB strips and would love to use them in conjunction with any of the RGB inserts.
Does anyone know if this would be possible without soldering to the board?

#5098 4 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

I bought a few 5v RGB strips and would love to use them in conjunction with any of the RGB inserts.
Does anyone know if this would be possible without soldering to the board?

Not understanding what you want to do with the RGB strips. Do you want to trigger them with an existing insert, so when it lights up, they light up, too? Can't see how you're going to get around soldering (clips are a bad idea), and soldering to a controlled lamp could push that over the power budget and cause node board problems. LEDs are low power, but they're not no power, especially in a chain.

#5099 4 years ago

After getting my loops to register I really got motivated to play this game again. Had a good battle with the beast and had his health down to 2...and drain

D25D4E8A-D7EF-431B-8F5A-5D53A4A03935 (resized).jpegD25D4E8A-D7EF-431B-8F5A-5D53A4A03935 (resized).jpegEB2268D8-A545-40F0-8302-1BCB218F62A2 (resized).jpegEB2268D8-A545-40F0-8302-1BCB218F62A2 (resized).jpeg
#5100 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

After getting my loops to register I really got motivated to play this game again. Had a good battle with the beast and had his health down to 2...and drain [quoted image][quoted image]

Great game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

There are 15,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/102?hl=supersquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.