(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,827 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 minutes ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6818 (resized).png
IMG_6737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6730 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6733 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 317.
#4951 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're doing that, you're missing most of the points. The lit skill shot is the worst point option available at ball launch. Go for one of many super secret skill shots to get up to 20 million instead of 1 million.

Is there a list of super skill shots?

#4952 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Is there a list of super skill shots?

I started a thread with the super secret skill shots (there's only one super skill shot).

Here's the link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-and-up-super-secret-skill-shot-listing#post-4446263

#4953 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Confirmed there is at least one more.

Do you have a source for that info? I really hope it is going to happen and they fix the few remaining issues.
I'm going to test play one in two weeks and if I knew an update was definitely coming it would make my decision easier.

#4954 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Do you have a source for that info? I really hope it is going to happen and they fix the few remaining issues.
I'm going to test play one in two weeks and if I knew an update was definitely coming it would make my decision easier.

Yes. Confirmed directly with Keith.

#4955 4 years ago

Awesome thanks for that

#4956 4 years ago

Can anyone give me an opinion if you’ve upgraded from a pro to a premium how you like the extra features what was the main reason or vice versa?

#4957 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can anyone give me an opinion if you’ve upgraded from a pro to a premium how you like the extra features what was the main reason or vice versa?

We had a pro for about 6 months then upgraded to a Premium on the route I help with. I like the Premium more, but it plays quit a bit differently with the emphasis on the left ramp instead of bashing the mummy ball and the center ramp to start modes instead of hitting the bullseye target. If you're quick, you can get a near perfect hurryup on Rime with the Premium by returning the ball right back to the spot under the ramp. You can't do that with the Pro. I also like that you can hit the orb from many angles because it's a ball and not a target pointing one direction like on the pro. Hate the translite with eddie as a drum major, but what are you gonna do?

#4958 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hate the translite with eddie as a drum major, but what are you gonna do?

You could trade it for my pro translite.

#4959 4 years ago

Vireland, any idea when Stern implemented the latest Premium fixes at that factory as far as build dates are concerned?

Thanks

#4960 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Vireland, any idea when Stern implemented the latest Premium fixes at that factory as far as build dates are concerned?
Thanks

Like to know this as well.

#4961 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Thanks

Unfortunately, I do not know. However, as far as I know the ball trap on the Premium to the left of the main ramp that can really jam a ball hard has not been addressed. I made my own.

#4962 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Unfortunately, unlike Deadpool, Maiden translite swaps don't work because the theming of the cabinets are radically different.

#4963 4 years ago

I can hit the target skill shot 80% and the others less than 50%, so I don't bother with the others. The pretty consistent extra ball save, letter and points are better value to me. I just hate the right drain rebound.

#4964 4 years ago

I'm also wondering about the newton ball if the updated mech can be supplied to dealers for fitting on earlier build machines.

#4965 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Quoted from finnflash:

Another option is the custom mummy one. It looks pretty good. Was for sale on eBay and suits the premium cab.

#4966 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unfortunately, unlike Deadpool, Maiden translite swaps don't work because the theming of the cabinets are radically different.

I think the pro with a premium translight looks good, but I can imagine the premium with pro would not since it is all Egyptian themed.

#4967 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I think the pro with a premium translight looks good, but I can imagine the premium with pro would not since it is all Egyptian themed.

Since the back of the playfield is Egyptian, I think it would look very good. You cant see the sides of mine anyway

#4968 4 years ago

Hell I wish I could get one with a premium playfield in a pro cabinet...

#4969 4 years ago

I absolutely hate the pro translite and replaced it with premium. I think it looks perfectly fine. Cab and translite share the same color palette while the back of the pf and side blades literally lifts the same art
20190709_193003 (resized).jpg20190709_193003 (resized).jpg

#4970 4 years ago

It looks much better then I thought it would. Even with the side cab art. Now I need to get one.

#4971 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I absolutely hate the pro translite and replaced it with premium. I think it looks perfectly fine. Cab and translite share the same color palette while the back of the pf and side blades literally lifts the same art
[quoted image]

Looks good to me!

#4972 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

[quoted image]

Where do you buy a premium translite

#4973 4 years ago

how are the modes selected (or pre-selected)? It seems random but I don't know if they are changes by hitting something. Also where is the extra ball collect shot?

#4974 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Where do you buy a premium translite

directly from stern - was 107 shipped? I hear you can custom order from pinball life as well although I already bought mine.

#4975 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

how are the modes selected (or pre-selected)? It seems random but I don't know if they are changes by hitting something. Also where is the extra ball collect shot?

Lower left spinner below the pop bumpers moves the lit mode. The one that lights REVIVE that you should learn to shoot for first until REVIVE is lit.

#4976 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Lower left spinner below the pop bumpers moves the lit mode. The one that lights REVIVE that you should learn to shoot for first until REVIVE is lit.

Extra ball too?

#4977 4 years ago

Extra ball is awarded at the stand up target for the standard skill shot.

#4978 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Another option is the custom mummy one. It looks pretty good. Was for sale on eBay and suits the premium cab.

I went with it and like it.

IMG_4553 (resized).jpgIMG_4553 (resized).jpg
#4979 4 years ago

Does anyone have a link to alternative Iron Maiden song roms for the game? I’m looking to change up the soundtrack a little.

#4980 4 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Does anyone have a link to alternative Iron Maiden song roms for the game? I’m looking to change up the soundtrack a little.

Buy a couple of class 10 SD's, I got mine a Walmart for 9 bucks each.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SanDisk-32-GB-Ultra-PLUS-Class-10-UHS-1-SDHC-Memory-Card/52198325

The using pinballbrowser you can change out the songs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/64

Install https://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/

This will let you copy the original stern SD card into an uncompressed format that pinballbrowser can edit. Do NOT overwrite your original..keep that for backup.

Then source your music (legit??)

https://freelistenonline.com/artist/Metallica

Import the songs using pinballbrowser and then write the updated .img file to a new sd using HDD Raw Copy Tool.

During import I needed to adjust the volume to 140% on the songs downloaded from freelistenonline to get them to match the volume of the rest of the songs.

For the longer songs, it might take piecing together two or three other songs to fill the space. I used audacity for this. Open the first song, then import the 2nd. Mouse over the second song to highlight it, copy and paste it at the end of the first song. Delete 2nd song from the list of tracks.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/

Have fun!
Mike

P.S. Doubt you can buy sd cards with songs due to copyright issues.

#4981 4 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

If you are looking for your very own custom MIX at an affordable price, shoot me a PM. Professionally cut, edited, and levelled for a smooth overall gameplay experience. With YOUR favorite music.

Going to Replay? If so, you will want to check the Pinball MIX tent and say hi.

You'd be surprised what can be done with Maiden ...

Mark
Pinball MIX

#4982 4 years ago

I like most of the tunes except Run to the Hills, I wish I could change only that tune to a Megadeth song, like Peace Sells or Wake Up Dead. Anybody do this for me by chance?

#4983 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballMIX:

You'd be surprised what can be done with Maiden ...
Mark
Pinball MIX

I'd like to be able to add more songs to the list, but it doesn't seem possible. Know any secrets on that Mark?

Thanks!
Mike

#4984 4 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Here's mine

Metallica
Black Sabbath
Megadeth
Etc

I'll put a video out soon. Pro only

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bkIrJc5W2q4LpdYvwVDFZs7Yuft6Vbi-/view?usp=drivesdk

#4985 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

I'd like to be able to add more songs to the list, but it doesn't seem possible. Know any secrets on that Mark?
Thanks!
Mike

Hello Mike,

I can't add more songs on top of what is stock, but I can replace the existing music with a client's music.

You can, however, easily go back and forth between your custom mix and stock. So, it is like having twice as much music to play in your machine.

#4986 4 years ago

Howdy Mark,

"You can, however, easily go back and forth between your custom mix and stock. So, it is like having twice as much music to play in your machine."

Is there a way to do it without swapping out the SD-Cards?

I was hoping to write multiple images to a 32gb SD card, but never could figure it out. Would be cool if, during boot you could select Mix 1,2,3 or 4.

Cheers!
Mike

#4987 4 years ago

Nope. You need a Pinsound for that magic. Still, the manual swap is quite quick. Like seconds, not minutes.

#4988 4 years ago

Thanks Mark! Pinsound going into TZ soon, I'm leaving IM alone it sounds great with our external subwoofer!

#4989 4 years ago

Are all the songs used in modes?

#4990 4 years ago

#4991 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Are all the songs used in modes?

I believe the songs listed twice in pinballbrowser are used in modes. But so long as you enjoy what you've picked nothing else matters We have Aerosmith Walk this way on during flight of icarus mode. They both were 3m:39s, so it was an easy replacement. In a few weeks it will be something else. Iron Maiden has long songs so it took 3 Metalica songs to replace Rime of The Ancient Mariner. If we hear the final song shout at the devil, we know it was a good game. Maybe it will be the Who's pinball wizard in the future perhaps. But we stuck with metal/hard rock for now to keep it in theme.

It's easy enough to change things back if you ever feel different, we have two sim cards that we keep shuffling the music around on a bit and kept the original untouched.

Cheers!
Mike

#4992 4 years ago

My mods. I think neca toys blow away the better editions toys. Tell me what you think

IMG_20190714_225624366 (resized).jpgIMG_20190714_225624366 (resized).jpgIMG_20190714_225653562 (resized).jpgIMG_20190714_225653562 (resized).jpgIMG_20190714_225639304 (resized).jpgIMG_20190714_225639304 (resized).jpgIMG_20190714_225646550 (resized).jpgIMG_20190714_225646550 (resized).jpg
#4993 4 years ago

So I have a question for everyone who has tuned their machines - did any of you mess with the flippers by lowering or raising them to help with shooting the ball up the ramps ? Some days I can nail them np then others days I’m brick city

#4994 4 years ago
Quoted from jlaham24:

So I have a question for everyone who has tuned their machines - did any of you mess with the flippers by lowering or raising them to help with shooting the ball up the ramps ? Some days I can nail them np then others days I’m brick city

Didn’t have to change a thing.

#4995 4 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Didn’t have to change a thing.

Are you flippers centered to the holes on the play field ?

#4996 4 years ago

I only had to change the auto plunge so it would make the loop, too strong and it hits the lower post on our machine.

Feature #78 set to 220 now.

#4997 4 years ago
Quoted from jlaham24:

Are you flippers centered to the holes on the play field ?

Align the flippers to the inlanes. No droop.

#4998 4 years ago
Quoted from smognote:

My mods. I think neca toys blow away the better editions toys. Tell me what you think

That topper needs to go and fast.

#4999 4 years ago

I think the Neca toys are really nice, I removed all the stock one's and replaced them. Have trooper on the other side, like everyone else

eddie (resized).jpgeddie (resized).jpg
#5000 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That topper needs to go and fast.

It all needs to go ! Looks like a 5 year old just set them there with no reason.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.50
There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/100?hl=pinballmix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.