(Topic ID: 113141)

Up Next from ColorDMD... THE LAW! (Official)

By Dmod

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 150 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-79.jpg
image.jpg
tumblr_md6mpn8g7Z1qa5rnho1_400[1].gif
IMAG0545.jpg
DreddSmall.png
th-752.jpeg
IMAG0437.jpg
BackInStock.jpg
miltiball.png
JD3.png
JD2.png
JD1.png
UltimateChallenge.PNG
335911-i.png
240160-i.jpg
Dredd.png

There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago

Now if anyone can tell me how to get those sweet Judge Dredd Dark Judge Flipper Bat Toppers I will be set! They aren't being sold by the buyer anymore

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Now if anyone can tell me how to get those sweet Judge Dredd Dark Judge Flipper Bat Toppers I will be set! They aren't being sold by the buyer anymore

I bought mine somewhere on Etsy from a guy in Canada I believe. Hand made.

#103 9 years ago

Video is up on the ColorDMD YouTube channel.

#104 9 years ago

Great announcement!

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Video is up on the ColorDMD YouTube channel.

And not linked here???

#106 9 years ago

#107 9 years ago

Yes, bonus funky dancing scene at the end. Sorry Randy, Chris wins.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yes, bonus funky dancing scene at the end.

That would be the bad impersonator. The whole video looks awesome, and there is so much more that will look great in color

#109 9 years ago

The video looks amazing! So how early in January will the release be?

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

I bought mine somewhere on Etsy from a guy in Canada I believe. Hand made.

Yeah that guy isn't selling them anymore, copyright issues he said

But...bring on the colour DMD!!!

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Fun insight. When I started working on the project I began reading some of the old Judge Dredd comics to get a frame of reference for color and such. I had never really read comics a whole lot before, just in passing or at a friends house growing up. I never collected them or anything. I really began to enjoy the Dredd storylines and ended up buying the first few "Complete Case Files" collections and reading through them. I am up to Case File 4 now and just got Case File 5 for Christmas
You can say I am really a fan now.

You're going to really love 5 if you've enjoyed the first 4, it has a lot of really great story arcs in it, one of the best complete case books of the early Dredd. Enjoy!

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

29 thumbs up total for color DMD when they announced LOTR
34 for IJ
20 for Fish Tales
27 for TOTAN
18 for TOM
15 for CFTBL
16 for Scared Stiff
I think we may have a new leader! And the day is young....
Some thought we were crazy.

"D" title mister. Dredd that is. And he never went away.
HE IS THE LAW!

45 thumbs up now!

#113 9 years ago

ALL DISPLAYS BACK IN STOCK!

Our December production run is now available! We have displays in stock for immediate shipment and expecting many more over the next week!

We're also working on finishing touches for Judge Dredd pinball machines, with the color ROM targeted for release by January 9, 2015! Stay tuned... even more news coming soon!

BackInStock.jpgBackInStock.jpg
#114 9 years ago

Order placed now I need to get my game together

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Stay tuned... even more news coming soon!

Can't wait to hear what this is about. I hope that it is about Sigma working in Capcom games.

#116 9 years ago

Ordered

#118 9 years ago

Me thinks this wave of ColorDMD's isn't going to be around very long

#119 9 years ago

Ordered mine as well, pretty excited for this one

#120 9 years ago

I AM MOSTLY THE LAW! Installed, now all I need is the Rom for Dredd.IMAG0437.jpgIMAG0437.jpg

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That would be the bad impersonator. The whole video looks awesome, and there is so much more that will look great in color

Wasn't the bad impersonator supposed to be Elvis? Why the orange hair? Is it because it's a "bad" impersonator?

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Why the orange hair? Is it because it's a "bad" impersonator?

Could be. But apparently Elvis actually had orange hair.
th-752.jpegth-752.jpeg

#123 9 years ago

Just ordered mine! It's shipping to Australia. Bloody hell I had to buy it when the Aussie dollar is at it's lowest in 5 years. Paid $585 for it! But it's worth it I love my Dredd. I purposely haven't put pics up on pinside yet cause my creation is not yet complete lol it's a worthy machine. I've put so many mods on it and put so much time Into it I to it I don't think I can even sell it anymore. It's worth too much to me!!! Seriously it looks like a new table from Jersey jack now haha even better with the color DMD!!!

#124 9 years ago

The multicolor ROM for Judge Dredd pinball machines has been released and is now available for download from our SUPPORT page!

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

DreddSmall.pngDreddSmall.png
#125 9 years ago

Woohoo!!! Sweet!!

#126 9 years ago

Dammit! Just when I was getting comfortable. Guess I got work to do.

#128 9 years ago

I should mention that the JD ROM includes new extended controls for backlight and contrast adjustment. These settings allow more user control over picture brightness and black level.

Hope you find them useful.

Randy

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Dammit! Just when I was getting comfortable. Guess I got work to do.

No..no...not dammit. Bitchin' !!

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I AM MOSTLY THE LAW! Installed, now all I need is the Rom for Dredd.

IMAG0437.jpg 234 KB

Wake up!!! It is time to download!!

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

No..no...not dammit. Bitchin' !!

It's OK, I'm calm now... My dad's a TV repairman. He's got the ultimate set of tools.

#132 9 years ago

Color is great! Vertical adjustment is nice too. Now if I could only keep my eyes on the ball.

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

I should mention that the JD ROM includes new extended controls for backlight and contrast adjustment. These settings allow more user control over picture brightness and black level.
Hope you find them useful.
Randy

Randy,
will this two Adjustmentfeatures for backlight and contrast be released soon for all other Displays too?

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Looks awesome!

IMAG0545.jpg 108 KB

Its...so...beautiful

No words...should have brought a poet

#135 9 years ago

6AM! I think that is the earliest I ever worked on a machine. CDMD Looks awesome!

#136 9 years ago

suggestion... please spell out the game names on the support page. the usage of abbreviations just makes it unclear what is what. also helpful if the game name is bold. just a suggestion...

#137 9 years ago

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

tumblr_md6mpn8g7Z1qa5rnho1_400[1].giftumblr_md6mpn8g7Z1qa5rnho1_400[1].gif

#138 9 years ago

Finally got around to installing it today - WOW what a HUGE difference !!! I had a little glitch once though with F116 fuse blowing when I was in multiball that I was kinda expecting. I have 2 light strip mods also connected and it seems I'm drawing a lot of power. I either need to replace the bridge rectifier at BR5 and make sure there is good solder contacts leading to the "+" lead of C30 or just replace the driver board with one of my extra Rottendog or PinLed driver boards and see how they hold up. Or get an external power supply or just disconnect the under cab play-field LED mod.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage-79.jpgimage-79.jpg

#139 9 years ago

Someone please take a video with this color DMD in action. Would like to see regular game play on this bad boy before I order one. Thanks in advance.

#140 9 years ago

I'm thinking about getting this. If I wanted to swap this into a different machine in the future, is it as simple as just downloading and installing the appropriate ROM from their website?

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

I'm thinking about getting this. If I wanted to swap this into a different machine in the future, is it as simple as just downloading and installing the appropriate ROM from their website?

Yes….. very simple as long as it's another WPC / WPC95 game, otherwise you would need the Stern cable kit to put it in a Stern.

#142 9 years ago

Wow this is exciting. My buddy has a JD and I hope he picks one of these up.

#143 9 years ago

edit:wrong thread!

2 years later
#144 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Rethink what? JediPimp was asking if it will work with the Dead World mod ROM.
Nothing stated that he actually tried it.
In my posting, I stated I am currently using the L1AT version that came with the Pinbits dead world mod.
It is working well for me in Sigma mode. Though, I'll see once the color ROM is available how well it works then.

I have the color rom for Judge Dredd installed in the DMD display. I have the L1-AT (deadworld mod) rom chip installed in the CPU. Was working perfectly until installing the color DMD display. Now the game shoots endless 6 ball multiball. Is it the display's compatibility with L1-AT chip? Display looks great and probably does appropriate graphics. The display is jumpered into J116 with the old harness that used this position piggybacked in (with wires supplied with the DMD display installation kit. Can this configuration affect optos when jumpered onto the plug I was told to use by ColorDMD?

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from Nighttraindj:

I have the color rom for Judge Dredd installed in the DMD display. I have the L1-AT (deadworld mod) rom chip installed in the CPU. Was working perfectly until installing the color DMD display. Now the game shoots endless 6 ball multiball. Is it the display's compatibility with L1-AT chip? Display looks great and probably does appropriate graphics. The display is jumpered into J116 with the old harness that used this position piggybacked in (with wires supplied with the DMD display installation kit. Can this configuration affect optos when jumpered onto the plug I was told to use by ColorDMD?

My game I sold had the DeadWorld mod and the upgraded ROM chip and had a ColorDMD in it for 6 months before I had let it go. Though, I had changed all the transmitter optos in my game once I had a trough opto failure and then I did not experience any multiball issues after that. A year later, the game is still working for the new owner. Any of the trough optos can wreck the game, even if a ColorDMD is not installed in the game.

Can you push up on the trough upkicker and see the Trough Jam opto is registering in the switch edge test? If it is, remove all the balls and then drop the balls in the trough to be sure all 6 balls register.

It is very possible that even though all the trough optos register, that in game play one may not if it has a weak transmitter opto. That is why I replace all transmitter optos in a game once I find one fail. Usually, not a month later, another will fail. Just all depends on whether you game had a hard life being on for many hours each day in its long history.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from Nighttraindj:

Was working perfectly until installing the color DMD display. Now the game shoots endless 6 ball multiball.

But from this description, your 12v unregulated voltage may be out. At TP1 on the power driver board, normally this is 13.5Vdc or higher. Test fuse F116 with a meter to see if it is blown. You may have to turn down the brightness/contrast down on the LCD to 5 or less so it will be less of a current draw on the 12v.

#147 6 years ago

Thanks for the reassurance that this is a compatible combination. I'll take all the steps you suggest and post again in roughly 1-4 weeks to let you know how it comes out. I'm new at this, so I will figure out how to run the test points on my rottendog board, and I' sure I can test the fuse. All had continuity a month ago. The brightness /contrast on the Color DMD were factory defaulted to 5, but will also try level 2 to be safe. Also, do the dots vs. tile vs. ?scan etc. settings on the DMD have any impact on the voltage stress to the board/fuses? Any setting in color is better than no color, and your experience/expertise are so much appreciated!! Thank You.

#148 6 years ago

Yes I tested the deadworld mod when I was coloring the DMD. Should work fine. It does sound like you may have a blown bridge rectifier on your 12v if it keeps blowing the fuse immediately. Losing the 12v will make WPC games start popping balls into the shooter lane.

#149 6 years ago

Forgot to mention that the trough jam opto is probably the most viable issue at play, and I will check that at your suggestion. It tested fine in the test menu (open/closed), but during gameplay it could be the issue (weak transmitter opto). Still, Not sure why my left and right poppers (sniper tower and the one near the top left flipper) fire right away and more rapidly at first but later fire at a slower pace but never stop popping. This only occurs when the J604 is changed to J116. I assume the game doesn't know where all the balls are located, so that is L1AT chip programming or maybe optos (as you suggest) or maybe J604 is involved in opto function and is now completely unplugged. My brain just won't wrap around why changing the jumper plug from 604 to 116 manifested such chaos. Having heard you were successful in having both the Color DMD and L1-AT chip/locking deadworld together is really encouraging though. Will keep the thread updated when I get there. Again, thanks!

#150 6 years ago

As others have said, likely the power supply. I've had issues with at least 3 games after putting in a colordmd. Not the colordmds fault. It draws some power and it put enough extra load that, in all 3 cases, the optos malfunctioned. Fixed the supplies and it was fine.

Keith

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus
(Alt) Translites
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens
Toppers
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-next-from-colordmd-the-law-official/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.