(Topic ID: 113141)

Up Next from ColorDMD... THE LAW! (Official)

By Dmod

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 150 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-79.jpg
image.jpg
tumblr_md6mpn8g7Z1qa5rnho1_400[1].gif
IMAG0545.jpg
DreddSmall.png
th-752.jpeg
IMAG0437.jpg
BackInStock.jpg
miltiball.png
JD3.png
JD2.png
JD1.png
UltimateChallenge.PNG
335911-i.png
240160-i.jpg
Dredd.png
There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

This has some good stuff to color for sure. Don;t own it but it's a good choice.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

How about a video teaser Gov?

Or a projected date for the video teaser lol

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

This was my favorite part to colorize.

I figured it would be. Those scenes just screamed for color. Thanks for all the hard work!

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Or a projected date for the video teaser lol

I know Randy and Chris are working on a video.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I know Randy and Chris are working on a video.

Sounds like they got off easy this time. 40 years for hesitation...

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sounds like they got off easy this time. 40 years for hesitation...

I can't thumbs up this enough!

#57 9 years ago

UltimateChallenge.PNGUltimateChallenge.PNG
#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

No longer a $1400 game folks

It's been above that price for quite a while,
hell, poopeyes go for more than that haha!

#59 9 years ago

No brainer for me. I am looking forward to it. Thanks!

#60 9 years ago

29 thumbs up total for color DMD when they announced LOTR

34 for IJ
20 for Fish Tales
27 for TOTAN
18 for TOM
15 for CFTBL
16 for Scared Stiff

I think we may have a new leader! And the day is young....

Some thought we were crazy.

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Looks like the "C" titles are making a comeback.

"D" title mister. Dredd that is. And he never went away.

HE IS THE LAW!

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

It's been above that price for quite a while,
hell, poopeyes go for more than that haha!

Played both titles at Pindan's tonight and both were fun.

#62 9 years ago

Ya know how sometimes you wait for something for a long time, and in the back of your mind you realize that it will probably never happen? And so many other people want something else that it almost guarantees that it will never happen? Well now I have seen the light! Gov, you are my hero! Because you went and pulled off something amazing here. I am certain just by the screenshot that this will be the best colorDMD yet. Thank you sir!
Happy holidays to all!
(and to think I started the day wanting a pair of bowling shoes for x-mas).

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ya know how sometimes you wait for something for a long time, and in the back of your mind you realize that it will probably never happen? And so many other people want something else that it almost guarantees that it will never happen? Well now I have seen the light! Gov, you are my hero! Because you went and pulled off something amazing here. I am certain just by the screenshot that this will be the best colorDMD yet. Thank you sir!
Happy holidays to all!
(and to think I started the day wanting a pair of bowling shoes for x-mas).

I was pretty surprised too. I thought no way this was going to happen. I actually feel like a kid again on Christmas morning. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the best present of 2014.

#64 9 years ago

i better start saving my cash cause the color DMD looks awesome! I don't understand all the Dredd haters out there. Its a great game!!

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

i better start saving my cash cause the color DMD looks awesome! I don't understand all the Dredd haters out there. Its a great game!!

Wasn't a fan of Dredd until I figured out that a previous owner had put the wrong flipper coils in there. Replaced them with the correct ones while rebuilding them (including bushings), slapped some Super-bands on new flipper bats while at it and WOW. Love the game now. Already had the ColorDMD in there running Sigma just waiting for for colorization.

#66 9 years ago

Yeah --- We want those machines (the ones that make the colordmd's, silly) cranking away at full steam. It's gonna be a great Christmas, and when my ColorDMD for JD arrives in spring, oh BOY! It's going to be great. Still need to order LOTR and IJ too .... wondering if is there a discount code I missed????

btw - these won't be my first purchase with you. Have also enjoyed your ColorDMD's for AFM, MM, STTNG, TOM and TOTAN. Wow, these things are addictive.

#67 9 years ago

Three images that were just put up on the ColorDMD FB page for those of you that don't have FB.

JD1.pngJD1.png JD2.pngJD2.png JD3.pngJD3.png
#68 9 years ago

HOT HOT HOT

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

ColorDMD Displays is excited to announce upcoming multicolor support for Judge Dredd pinball machines! Targeted for release in early January, Dredd is the 15th supported multicolor title for the ColorDMD pinball display platform, and the third game colored through community involvement!
Judge Dredd was colored by Brandon Pennington, a pinball collector and operator, and founder of the Queen City Pinball League in Springfield, Missouri. Brandon is active on Pinside, and he and his father have recently started working together on pinball restoration projects. Brandon is a High School computer science teacher and a freelance graphic artist, and he's combined his impressive technical and artistic talent to bring Dredd pinball displays to life! We're thrilled to have Brandon as a member of the ColorDMD development team, and to share his work with you!
Game 15 comes at a fitting time to help us kick off 2015, and will arrive with our latest production build of new displays shortly after the new year!

Dredd.png 7 KB

If you want yet more money from me, DESW next, please

#70 9 years ago

That looks fantastic Gov!!

#71 9 years ago

Thumbs up for attending to all the graphics: dog peeing!

#72 9 years ago

Lots of attention to detail.

Looks good!

#73 9 years ago

Excellent!

#74 9 years ago

Can't wait for the teaser video.

#75 9 years ago

Funny how color adds to the game. Some graphics that you scratching your head at become apparent.

#76 9 years ago

Hey everyone! I woke up to this forum posting this morning and its like Christmas 2015 came early!!!

Am SO excited to see what the dots will look like in colour and really add that comic book look to the game!

I have a question though, on the site it says that this will require the L-7 ROM chip. I have the L1-AT ROM chip (the one from pinbits.com that works with the dead world ring mod). Will the L1-AT ROM chip still work with the colour DMD? I know the ROM versions for Dredd did not change much at all from L1 to L7.

I can switch back to the L-7 ROM but then I would have to change the dead world ring to the ugly one with the slanted holes in it!

Any answers will be appreciated!

#77 9 years ago

Well if it does not work with DW mod then it will flop. Those willing to spend the $400 on CDMD would have already done DW mod

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

I have a question though, on the site it says that this will require the L-7 ROM chip. I have the L1-AT ROM chip (the one from pinbits.com that works with the dead world ring mod). Will the L1-AT ROM chip still work with the colour DMD? I know the ROM versions for Dredd did not change much at all from L1 to L7.
I can switch back to the L-7 ROM but then I would have to change the dead world ring to the ugly one with the slanted holes in it!

I'm curious too. ????

#79 9 years ago

I am currently using the L1AT version that came with the Pinbits dead world mod.
It is working well for me in Sigma mode. Though, I'll see once the color ROM is available how well it works then.

Here are a couple of videos I shot in different colors.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/aD37t1WXjb8?autoplay=1&rel=0

https://www.youtube.com/embed/eL9-SkDFu34?autoplay=1&rel=0

#80 9 years ago

ROM version differences have generally not been an issue. We used L-7 to capture the video sequences for colorization. If there are differences in the animations for a different version,then it's possible some frames may not be recognized and colored correctly.

We generally recommend trying the ColorDMD with your existing game ROM and only consider changing ROMs if you observe issues with uncolored frames.

If issues do arise for a preferred alternate ROM version, we'll follow up to see if they can be easily resolved through a firmware update.

#81 9 years ago

Why does the screen say "Complete for Super Miltiball"? Typo in the game code itself, or some kind of font problem just in the ColorDMD?

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Hey everyone! I woke up to this forum posting this morning and its like Christmas 2015 came early!!!
Am SO excited to see what the dots will look like in colour and really add that comic book look to the game!

Well dang thats a huge letdown I had my card ready once available but looks like may have to rethink things

#83 9 years ago

AFAIK, the ROM compatibility thing is just to let you know which ROM they used to create the coloring. Occasionally, different ROM versions will have different animations, and that's the only place you're likely to run into problems. I've used non-listed ROM version in the past and everything worked fine.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Well dang thats a huge letdown I had my card ready once available but looks like may have to rethink things

As far as I know the only difference is the text on the ball lock screen which should be covered by the mask I used. I will do some testing to make sure. I don't know of any other differences.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Rethink what? JediPimp was asking if it will work with the Dead World mod ROM.
Nothing stated that he actually tried it.

In my posting, I stated I am currently using the L1AT version that came with the Pinbits dead world mod.
It is working well for me in Sigma mode. Though, I'll see once the color ROM is available how well it works then.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

As far as I know the only difference is the text on the ball lock screen which should be covered by the mask I used. I will do some testing to make sure. I don't know of any other differences.

Ok cool cant wait to see it

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Why does the screen say "Complete for Super Miltiball"? Typo in the game code itself, or some kind of font problem just in the ColorDMD?

Where do you see this?

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Rethink what? JediPimp was asking if it will work with the Dead World mod ROM.
Nothing stated that he actually tried it.
In my posting, I stated I am currently using the L1AT version that came with the Pinbits dead world mod.

O ok I must have misread something I thought it meant the coloring was done on a different rom L7 which doesn't have deadworld mod and figured it had some different animation that the rom most of us have to use deadworld like its supposed to be used. I never tried any others I have a special one with a ng patch and deadworld

#89 9 years ago

I'll be one of several people I'm sure that will be testing with the Dead World mod.

ColorDMD was verifying the colorization works with the latest (L7) ROM that released to production.
That is just something that they normally do. They don't normally test it with every possible game ROM version.

#91 9 years ago

Minor details. As long as I can see that guy in the car throwing the axe, it's all good.

#93 9 years ago

One thing I've noticed on the L1AT is during supergame the DMD always says shoot subway for the
100,000,000 shot even if you are supposed to shoot for the left ramp or sniper tower.

#94 9 years ago

That game rom misspelling was corrected sometime between L1 and L7. The ColorDMD won't have any trouble handling either.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Minor details. As long as I can see that guy in the car throwing the axe, it's all good.

Oh it is there and very bloody I was surprised at how much blood there was while colorizing the game. I had never noticed it before with the single color display.

#96 9 years ago

I bet bad impersonator gets abused as well.

#97 9 years ago

I think most people realize this, but just to be really clear:

The ColorDMD doesn't affect your ROM, at all. Doesn't matter what version you have, it won't break anything, or change your game, or take away your Deadworld working, or anything else. It's just a new display, you don't change your ROM when you install it.

The absolute worst case scenario is you have a ROM version that has some bit that isn't in the L7 version, and so you might see some small bit of text or something that's just the solid default color (orange or white or whatever). I don't know that the Deadworld mod version even has that.

And if there really is some missing thing that people need colorized they can update a patch to fix it.

tl;dr - If you have the Deadworld mod you can still get your game in color safely.

#98 9 years ago

If you want blood, you've got it!

#99 9 years ago

Fun insight. When I started working on the project I began reading some of the old Judge Dredd comics to get a frame of reference for color and such. I had never really read comics a whole lot before, just in passing or at a friends house growing up. I never collected them or anything. I really began to enjoy the Dredd storylines and ended up buying the first few "Complete Case Files" collections and reading through them. I am up to Case File 4 now and just got Case File 5 for Christmas

You can say I am really a fan now.

#100 9 years ago

Cool guys that clears things up for me.

It looks like the colour DMD will work fine with L1AT ROM

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-next-from-colordmd-the-law-official/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.