2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pinball50
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago

From clay's data east repair guide:

CPU board Problems Causing Missing or Locked on Segments.

The CPU board can be a problem where a segment is missing or locked on. The CPU PIA at 9B (and to a lesser extent 7B) controls the segments and can fail. Its signals go thru RA21, RA22, RA23 (4.7k resistor networks) and these can also fail.
    ---------------------------
    I'd start by tracking down which resistor array is controlling that segment and check it with your DMM.

#5 2 years ago

Good work getting it diagnosed!

I would probably go LED, it's pretty nice to be able to take the high voltage circuit out of the equation. I wasn't a big fan of LED displays initially but I've come to really like them.

I don't know if Wolffpac makes a replacement for your game, but I recommend their build-them-yourself kits if you don't mind a bit of soldering to save a few $. I've been very happy with their LED displays, in fact I have another set of 5 awaiting assembly on my work bench

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unwanted-segment-on-with-top-display-only?tu=frunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.