7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by KenLayton
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

It was brought to my attention a short time ago that it appears that a few unverified users were unable to create new threads or post in existing threads.

It looks like this bug may have been caused by one of the site updates that rolled out this morning. I've notified robin about the issue, so hopefully he will be able to investigate and resolve it soon.

In the meantime, it looks like verified members who have already verified their accounts are unaffected. I'm not sure if this bug will disappear if you verify your account while this bug is present, so I'm not going to post that as a quick fix or stopgap measure to get around this bug unless someone can confirm that it works.

Also note: I'd like to stress that this was an unexpected software bug, and while we are currently encouraging members to verify their accounts, this was in no way intended to force anyone to do so. So, please bear with us while it gets sorted out. Thanks

#2 7 years ago

Meanwhile, somewhere a magma spelunker is shouting "I told you so" into an empty room.

#3 7 years ago

Looks good now. I can add new posts as well. Thanks FF.

#4 7 years ago

Robin just pushed out a fix, so hopefully it should be good now.

Thanks for your patience folks

#5 7 years ago

I was affected and could not reply at all to any thread. So far it looks like it's fixed now.

I was thinking it was because I was "unverified" or something. I hope to get verified.

#6 7 years ago

This was indeed caused by a silly typo in my code. The issue has been fixed. Sorry for the trouble!

Quoted from KenLayton:

I was thinking it was because I was "unverified" or something. I hope to get verified.

I have just verified your account, Ken.

#7 7 years ago

Thanks!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unverified-members-unable-to-create-threads-or-reply-in-threads and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.