• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
16012163525007797494721033808393 (resized).jpg
image-7 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 3 years ago

There should be an F relay (AS mini stepper style) next to the L relay in the relay rack. The two connectors are for the F relay.

/Mark

#11 3 years ago

It's missing. On this game the F relay drives the I/Alternating relay during the game and the match circuitry at the end of the game.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from stoli1:

So I trust the "I" relay is also a part of that unit?

No, the I or Alternating relay is probably in the main cabinet, either on the bottom board or under the playfield. The F relay that you're missing is just a single AS style relay with a small ratcheting mechanism, a pair of small circuit boards and a single normally open switch that connects to the rest of the game through a pair of jones plugs. There are probably pictures of AS relays elsewhere on the forum.

While many AS relays look similar there may be differences from game to game. They could be configured with various cams and switches. So unless you can find another F Relay from a Top Card, you'll want to compare the schematics of Top Card against whatever the donor game the replacement comes from, or photos of the two relays.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Apparel - Women
Pinball Wheezer
Women
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Inner Orbit Pinball
Unisex

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unused-jones-connectors-in-light-box?tu=markg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.