Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rkahr
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rsz_ip.jpg
    9564CF70-8EBF-4CBB-ADA8-A90F9C771DB5 (resized).jpeg
    There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

When I picked up my FH, I saw A TZ in another room and told the seller how nice it was. A few months later I asked him if he wanted to sell it. I knew he sold two other TZ in the past. He said yes but had a lot in it. I gave him his asking price. Never hurts to ask once politely.

I have been asked to sell a few from my collection. Not a problem.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from drummermike:

When I picked up my FH, I saw A TZ in another room and told the seller how nice it was. A few months later I asked him if he wanted to sell it. I knew he sold two other TZ in the past. He said yes but had a lot in it. I gave him his asking price. Never hurts to ask once politely.
    I have been asked to sell a few from my collection. Not a problem.

Wanna sell your funhouse?

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Wanna sell your funhouse?

How about my MBr SE?

#54 4 years ago

I've gotten a lot of people trying to buy my TSPP since it's in the background of my postings most of the time, a few for my AFMr LE as well.

Oddly, one time I was selling a game for my dad and had someone hounding me for weeks trying to buy his TAF since it was in the background of one picture. It's not even mine...

#55 4 years ago

I’m guessing all offers were received from @o-din, and all after midnight Pacific Time. You should really take him up on it before the remake drops.

#56 4 years ago

I don’t have an issue with random requests to sell. Most recent one was for Roadshow and Hobbit. So far I haven’t sold a machine that way. Yet, I’ll intertwine offers.

#57 4 years ago

I’ve done it and I welcome it. No biggie.

#58 4 years ago

I had a bunch of offers for A13 which I did end up selling. Get a few for Bad Cats every now and then. I’ll ask once if I see someone nearby has a game I want but if they aren’t interested I leave em alone! If anything I’d take an unsolicited offer as a compliment!

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I get offers on my bad cats here and there and my whirlwind
    Other than that, nada.

Wanna sell your bad cats?

#60 4 years ago

My favorite line heard at local pinball joint nothing for sale but the right money anything thing is.

#61 4 years ago

I get them often enough.
    They are usually a result of the following.

1) I took a game to a show, someone figured out it was mine and tried to get me to sell it to them.

2) Soneone local is looking for a specific game and looked on the pinmap and saw that I had one.

3) I bought a game cheap and posted it in the “what game did you bring home today” thread. When people know you bought a game really cheap it’s like blood in the water and brings out people trying to buy it.

I don’t really care, but have never sold a game this way.
    If someone is going to “cold call” me when something is not for sale, they better have an offer that is strong boardering on over the top.

The two games I get asked the most about selling are Creature from the Black Lagoon and Taito Ice Cold Beer.

#62 4 years ago

It’s happened in the past, and always welcome it, it’s mainly my cabs now. I always take a mental note when im not ready to sell and usually will give that person first option to buy it. I don’t play games usually have a price in mind by then.

#63 4 years ago

Blue Note

#64 4 years ago

I got an unsolicited offer for my BOP a couple of years ago. Ended up without a deal closing, but it wasn't a bad experience in any way. After he offered but before we went our separate ways, we connected via FaceTime so he could virtually look over the game in plenty of detail.

Otherwise it seems my games aren't aligned to what the "gotta have it" crowd are seeking. And that's ok too.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unsolicited-offers-to-buy-and-sell-/page/2?hl=guard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.