Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Adaminski
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

Some people like projects and doing the work themselves if it saves them a few bucks.

Quoted from Adaminski:

I looked this up awhile back. I've said "GLWS" earnestly in the past, but to many it's kind of a sarcastic remark meaning "you've over priced this thing and will need luck to sell it."
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=glws

It's not always sarcastic. Sometimes it's sincere.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from gameon46:

Whats the sense in even making a game nice if no one wants it after its all done?

There are plenty of people who want games that are plug & play ready. There are also people who like a bargain and do the work themselves. It's not an exclusive either/or.

I mostly buy projects at a lower price and do the work myself. But I've also bought games that were plug & play ready or nearly so.

It just depends upon what a buyer has their eye out for.

Quoted from gameon46:

If in the end i spend more for the cheaper game then just buying one already done.

If you're spending too much, you might want to re-evaluate what you're paying for project games, or what you're paying for parts. I usually buy parts in batches to save money in quantity and in shipping. You should also keep a note of which suppliers are the least expensive for certain things and just don't go to one supplier for everything by default. Shopping around a bit can save a significant amount.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from gameon46:

I used to buy projects all the time. Over a 100 of them. Now the projects are almost as much as the nice games

The supply of project games is dwindling and demand is increasing. There have been a lot of people entering the hobby in the past several years.

A few years ago, I bough a project high speed that flipped but needed some repairs for about $450. Back then, I though that was a little pricey at the time, but figured since it was mostly working, it wasn't a bad deal. Now, it's tough to find a project high speed under $1k in decent condition. If you want one for less, it's going to be dead, worn, and banged up pretty good.

Quoted from gameon46:

Im looking at the price difference between the nice ones and ugly games crying for help. Lol

Nice, shopped games will always get more than games that need work. It works pretty much the same way in any other collector's hobby.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unshopped-with-no-tear-down?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.