(Topic ID: 174908)

Unsafe picture - who has marked it unsafe ?

By rolf_martin_062

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Rascal_H
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2400 (resized).JPG
    depositphotos_40565359-stock-photo-man-laughing (resized).jpg
    1969 Corvair Monza Conv 132368 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 7 years ago

Hi moderators
    I am surprised that someone has marked my JPG as "unsafe": https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-3-joker-or-straight-flush-help#post-3462167 --- simple tests with an Jumper-wire - NOT on the Power-Side-Connection.

Want to think about and maybe implement: The pinsider who has got one of his pictures marked "unsafe" can look-up which pinsider did mark it unsafe ?

It is the first time this happened to me - we all can simply click on "un-hide" --- I just would like to learn WHAT is unsafe in my JPG, greetings Rolf

#2 7 years ago

Likely an accidental poke by someone looking to perhaps enlarge the image. Your image is not unsafe. Images get marked unsafe usually because of a sexual nature not good for a work or family environment not because of electrical danger.

#3 7 years ago

Yep, it's usually an accidental click. I cleared it.

#4 7 years ago

Scrolling on mobile puts that button where my right thumb scrolls. So probably an accident.

#5 7 years ago

I don't know, lots of lines and arrows, looks like dirty talk to me!

#6 7 years ago

I have accidentally hit it on mobile before too. It's quite easy to do.

#7 7 years ago

Yeah, I've done it on accident in the past when on my phone. I couldn't find a way to undo the accidental tag when it happened.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from sulakd:

Yeah, I've done it on accident in the past when on my phone. I couldn't find a way to undo the accidental tag when it happened.

Just tap the same right-most button again on the image.

#9 7 years ago

Is there a "I'm not at work, not a child or a sensitive adult" setting where you can disable the image censoring?

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

Is there a "I'm not at work, not a child or a sensitive adult" setting where you can disable the image censoring?

Yep, in your forum settings, you can make a few adjustments.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Want to think about and maybe implement: The pinsider who has got one of his pictures marked "unsafe" can look-up which pinsider did mark it unsafe ?

I think they don't include this for a specific reason, to avoid threads devolving into fights about whether or not a particular picture is "unsafe"!

That said, I agree with everyone else here that this was most likely an accidental tagging. I know I've accidentally thumbs-downed posts in the past, and I'm sure this happens too from time to time, especially for people with big fingers on small phone screens.

#12 7 years ago

something should be looked into. It seems over 30% of totally safe pictures are marked as unsafe by someone.

Mods, do you think this is all unintentional touchscreen scrolling or rather someone that is doing this on purpose?

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

something should be looked into. It seems over 30% of totally safe pictures are marked as unsafe by someone.
    Mods, do you think this is all unintentional touchscreen scrolling or rather someone that is doing this on purpose?

Since it's random, I always figured it was unintentional.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

You should have included an innocuous pic in this post so I could tag it "unsafe"!

Seriously though, I think your 30% estimate is off by an order of magnitude, unless you're hanging out in threads I don't frequent where it's more of a problem for some reason.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

You should have included an innocuous pic in this post so I could tag it "unsafe"!
    Seriously though, I think your 30% estimate is off by an order of magnitude, unless you're hanging out in threads I don't frequent where it's more of a problem for some reason.

79.48% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

#16 7 years ago

If someone is going to be following a thread and doesn't need to see an image every time they open the thread marking it unsafe is a quick way to hide that image automatically the next time they go to the thread.

Users in many parts of the world are on restricted data plans. Loading unneeded content is a waste of their resources.

#17 7 years ago

It was probably the same guy who sniped Otaku or stole that $200 Hit the Deck from the guy in Tulsa.

#18 7 years ago

Unsafe at any speed.

1969 Corvair Monza Conv 132368 (resized).jpg1969 Corvair Monza Conv 132368 (resized).jpg

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It was probably the same guy who sniped Otaku or stole that $200 Hit the Deck from the guy in Tulsa.

I say we name him Chad. Sniped me, stole the $200 Hit The Deck, AND parts out any game he can get his hands on. Some say he even parted out a King Kong.

depositphotos_40565359-stock-photo-man-laughing (resized).jpgdepositphotos_40565359-stock-photo-man-laughing (resized).jpg

#20 7 years ago

I have also done this before while scrolling on my mobile. I think i have caught them and corrected, but it is very easy to do while scrolling!

#21 7 years ago

this is working great

#22 7 years ago

I don't know why this is discussion is still going on. Simply put, click the un-hide button. Happens to me often to but not a big enough subject to start a topic on.

#23 7 years ago

I've thumbed down posts that I don't agree with and have received whiney PM'S asking why I down voted the post and could I rescind it. LOL.

#24 7 years ago

IMG_2400 (resized).JPGIMG_2400 (resized).JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unsafe-picture-who-has-marked-it-unsafe?hl=emagic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.