(Topic ID: 299442)

Unresolved issue with Pinball_Basement - No communication (resolved)

By ForceFlow

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I made a deal to sell something to Pinball_Basement at Pinfest. He didn't want to pay the full amount in cash, so he offered mostly cash and one of the MPUs he builds. I accepted the deal.

Unfortunately, due to the usual bustle of the show, delays on closing the deal, and unexpected request to cart it over to his booth, I had my hands full and I simply forgot about grabbing the board we agreed upon.

I sent him a message on 7/31, asked if he could ship it to me, and I offered to cover the cost of shipping. No response. I sent a few follow-up messages. No response.

I finally sent a more sternly worded message expressing my mild annoyance, and he sent me a paypal invoice on 8/9 for the cost of shipping. I paid it immediately. He did not send a tracking number, nor did he respond to any of my follow-up messages.

I figured he may have just been busy, so I waited a couple weeks to allow for some shipping time, but nothing arrived.

I sent another message; again, no response. 4 weeks have now passed since the beginning of all this.

I think this should have been a fairly quick and simple matter to resolve--or at least easy to communicate if there was a problem. It's a little frustrating when there is no communication at all.

I have no idea what is happening on his end. I don't know if it will be resolved. As far as I could tell, he seemed to have plenty of boards on-hand at the show.

I don't expect to receive special treatment from anyone. I never ask for special treatment either. However, if this is how Pinball_Basement treats a member of the community, I think it is necessary to share this experience.

If I hear from him and/or receive the board that was agreed upon, I will post a follow-up.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

I will reprint your label and reship your mpu. I don't have any open mpus to ship right now so I'm not sure what happened there

Great, thank you.

Are you saying that you already shipped one? If so, do you still have the tracking number?

Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

but also a bit salty that you undid all your price drops on the item you couldn't sell locally and hiked the price back up 300 dollars.

You're salty? Why couldn't you respond to any of my messages and let me know what was going on? I'm not a mind reader especially when there is nothing to read.

I admit that I did bump up the price a little a few weeks before show time (not $300 like you're suggesting), however, you also offered less than asking, which I accepted.

Either way, that isn't relevant to the issue at hand. I will look forward to closing the book on this transaction.

#11 2 years ago

Now you're just trying to distract from the main point.

You said your credit card receipts would have taken days to clear and then transfer. I didn't want to deal with that. I wasn't going to leave something behind with a promise of payment later. Nobody does a deal like that. That gave me anxiety.

I went so far as to accept partial payment via paypal when you didn't have the cash.

Again, this is not relevant concerning the lack of communication. Why the radio silence?

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Post the tracking number and ForceFlow and you can figure it out.

He did send me a new tracking number.

1 week later
    #15 2 years ago

The board arrived safe & sound. Thanks Pinball_Basement

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Pinball basement will always come through for you.

Well, I'm not so sure about that. I waited in silence for weeks for a PM. It was only after I made this very public post where I actually got a written response. It seems that there are few other people in other threads who made similar comments and who are still waiting on a response.

And even then after actually getting a response in this thread here, rather than simply apologizing for the lack of response and just taking care of the issue without further comment, he then dragged out the issue by casting shade in my direction like it was all my fault for making him feel anxiety, stress, and just plain salty. I also didn't appreciate that accusation of me not enjoying the event; I had a really nice time catching up with folks and playing games. These were all aspects of the issue that had no bearing on his lack of communication or the lack of delivery of the board.

As to the comment about a previous label--whenever a USPS tracking number is created for my address, I get an immediate notification from USPS. I only got a tracking number creation notification for the package that ultimately got delivered. I did not get any prior notifications for any other tracking numbers. So I don't think an earlier label was ever created for my address. But granted, if he introduced an error in the address of the label, then I probably wouldn't have gotten either the notification or the package.

In short, turning a complaint around on someone is not the right way to handle a customer's issue.

I'm glad the issue was resolved, but I'm still rather unhappy with the way the situation and the communication was handled. I hope he learns how to handle things like this better in the future.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unresolved-issue-with-pinball_basement-no-communication?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.