(Topic ID: 19994)

Unreal WPT game. Yet no keefer.

By sixsixtie

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sixsixtie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Just put up 301,000,000 Got to WPT Championship then got to my fourth city second time around. I got poker hand multiball twice, I got poker wizard mode. IDK how many regular multis I had, tons. I had 5 extra balls, even collected a 6th and I only got points.

I didnt complete WPT Championship so I never had a shot at Keefer. Sucks, I had almost everything else qualified. Needed a few more million in the modes but if I finished WPT I would have had a real shot.

Feels like I'll never get that close again.

#3 11 years ago

Feels good man. My previous best was a paltry 98 million and this weekend my buddy put up 180. I thought I was never gonna reclaim my spot back. Ended up only giving him a 36 hour grand champ window.

#8 11 years ago

Yeah I got two for cities. Once the first time through, once the second. I got 10 side pots, I got ten hurry ups, one that I have no idea (I guess chip tricks but I really don't know. For one ball I think I went through every multi-ball so alot of stuff happened I'm not really sure of. And I got a special which was set to extra ball. But that was my second to last ball. So if that one is set to credit I still would have had 5 EBs. Since the last one only gave 5,000,000 points my score would have been the same minus 5 million.

Special set to extra ball is the only change in the software I've made other than flop/turn posts off.

#9 11 years ago

Oh I remember. Not chip tricks I don't think. I got one from cut the cards. It's rare, maybe the second or third time I've ever seen it.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Nice game!

Yeah, most of the requirements get easier as time goes on since values get higher and higher (unless you keep blowing off hurryups, heh, those can start to get VERY difficult)... Especially modes as any trophy'd modes score double on subsequent plays. People don't typically get to that point, though. Much harder than I expected to get through 6 modes!
As for reception of the game itself... There were many issues plaguing it. 1) Poker popularity window was missed by about a year. 2) Initial SAM game, plagued by faulty hardware (bad Flash), sometimes flaky USB, and of course the infamous infinite multiball bug that wouldn't get found for like 2 years later (it affected all SAM games, but because of Ace in the Hole, WPT exacerbated the problem like 10000%+) 3) Art direction by Gary and Marc (why Steve and I didn't get more say here I'll never figure out, especially, in retrospect, after the turd those guys pooped out). And yes, I blame those guys and not the artist (Brian Rood).

I had to get the board warrantied to fix the multiball problem. I had never seen it but I had two buddies it happened to when they were playing without me. Stern honored the warranty even with me as the second owner. I've got to commend them for that.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I'll be honest here...absolutely LOVED the game, but I would get SO pissed off when I had all the requirements met for the invitational but the WPT Championships, only to blow them and have to try to make the long haul back up to them. It became more of a chore at that point.

The odds of getting to another WPT Championship have to be close to zero. Man that would be tough.

#20 11 years ago

All that and all the multis are stackable and you can take a mode into a multiball with you. Really when people say this game is deep they aren't joking or over estimating.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sixsixtie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unreal-wpt-game-yet-no-keefer?tu=sixsixtie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.