Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by tracelifter
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Just put up 301,000,000 Got to WPT Championship then got to my fourth city second time around. I got poker hand multiball twice, I got poker wizard mode. IDK how many regular multis I had, tons. I had 5 extra balls, even collected a 6th and I only got points.

I didnt complete WPT Championship so I never had a shot at Keefer. Sucks, I had almost everything else qualified. Needed a few more million in the modes but if I finished WPT I would have had a real shot.

Feels like I'll never get that close again.

#2 7 years ago

This makes me want WPT more, thanks for posting.

#3 7 years ago

Feels good man. My previous best was a paltry 98 million and this weekend my buddy put up 180. I thought I was never gonna reclaim my spot back. Ended up only giving him a 36 hour grand champ window.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from sixsixtie:

Ended up only giving him a 36 hour grand champ window.

That's too funny- hopefully you hang onto it for much longer than that!

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from sixsixtie:

Feels good man. My previous best was a paltry 98 million and this weekend my buddy put up 180. I thought I was never gonna reclaim my spot back. Ended up only giving him a 36 hour grand champ window.

That happened on my Doctor Who years ago. My buddy tossed up a 1.5 billion points (I had never broken a billion) and took over GC on my machine . . . then within 24 hours I had a 2 billion point game with my same buddy watching. Funny how that losing GC on your own machine makes you better at the machine!

#6 7 years ago

I never played WPT...sounds like it has cool scoring rules.

#7 7 years ago

Very nice score! Can you remember where you got the 5 extra balls and the 6th for points from? I've gotten 4 EBs before (2nd city complete, 10(?) side pots, 10(?) hurry-ups from the upper playfield, and Chip Tricks).

#8 7 years ago

Yeah I got two for cities. Once the first time through, once the second. I got 10 side pots, I got ten hurry ups, one that I have no idea (I guess chip tricks but I really don't know. For one ball I think I went through every multi-ball so alot of stuff happened I'm not really sure of. And I got a special which was set to extra ball. But that was my second to last ball. So if that one is set to credit I still would have had 5 EBs. Since the last one only gave 5,000,000 points my score would have been the same minus 5 million.

Special set to extra ball is the only change in the software I've made other than flop/turn posts off.

#9 7 years ago

Oh I remember. Not chip tricks I don't think. I got one from cut the cards. It's rare, maybe the second or third time I've ever seen it.

#10 7 years ago

Whats the going rate for a WPT these days? Say routed very little and clean, nice shape...etc..??

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#11 7 years ago

I recently played a WPT for the first time. A very unique and interesting game.

#12 7 years ago

I just bought one, never played one before but I knew that the ruleset was killer. My early impressions are that it's pretty sweet. It's one of those games I think that just got destroyed by people with the initial launch issues and when the game turned out to be pretty good it was too late, bad reviews up the ying yang and it never recovered. I'm really looking forward to playing it a lot more.

#13 7 years ago

Nice game!

Quoted from sixsixtie:

Needed a few more million in the modes but if I finished WPT I would have had a real shot.

Yeah, most of the requirements get easier as time goes on since values get higher and higher (unless you keep blowing off hurryups, heh, those can start to get VERY difficult)... Especially modes as any trophy'd modes score double on subsequent plays. People don't typically get to that point, though. Much harder than I expected to get through 6 modes!

As for reception of the game itself... There were many issues plaguing it. 1) Poker popularity window was missed by about a year. 2) Initial SAM game, plagued by faulty hardware (bad Flash), sometimes flaky USB, and of course the infamous infinite multiball bug that wouldn't get found for like 2 years later (it affected all SAM games, but because of Ace in the Hole, WPT exacerbated the problem like 10000%+) 3) Art direction by Gary and Marc (why Steve and I didn't get more say here I'll never figure out, especially, in retrospect, after the turd those guys pooped out). And yes, I blame those guys and not the artist (Brian Rood).

#14 7 years ago

I hate threads like this . WPT really sounds fun...totally wish there was somewhere here to play one. I love card themed pins!

#15 7 years ago

Eh, I'm glad all those things happened, we need some killer games left under $2K....

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Yeah, most of the requirements get easier as time goes on since values get higher and higher (unless you keep blowing off hurryups, heh, those can start to get VERY difficult)... Especially modes as any trophy'd modes score double on subsequent plays. People don't typically get to that point, though. Much harder than I expected to get through 6 modes!

As for reception of the game itself... There were many issues plaguing it. 1) Poker popularity window was missed by about a year. 2) Initial SAM game, plagued by faulty hardware (bad Flash), sometimes flaky USB, and of course the infamous infinite multiball bug that wouldn't get found for like 2 years later (it affected all SAM games, but because of Ace in the Hole, WPT exacerbated the problem like 10000%+) 3) Art direction by Gary and Marc (why Steve and I didn't get more say here I'll never figure out, especially, in retrospect, after the turd those guys pooped out). And yes, I blame those guys and not the artist (Brian Rood).

Quoted from Dayhuff:

Whats the going rate for a WPT these days? Say routed very little and clean, nice shape...etc..??

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#16 7 years ago

I'll be honest here...absolutely LOVED the game, but I would get SO pissed off when I had all the requirements met for the invitational but the WPT Championships, only to blow them and have to try to make the long haul back up to them. It became more of a chore at that point.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Nice game!

I had to get the board warrantied to fix the multiball problem. I had never seen it but I had two buddies it happened to when they were playing without me. Stern honored the warranty even with me as the second owner. I've got to commend them for that.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Troz:

I'll be honest here...absolutely LOVED the game, but I would get SO pissed off when I had all the requirements met for the invitational but the WPT Championships, only to blow them and have to try to make the long haul back up to them. It became more of a chore at that point.

The odds of getting to another WPT Championship have to be close to zero. Man that would be tough.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I never played WPT...sounds like it has cool scoring rules.

That is a serious understatement. The subtleties for strategy on every shot are killer. Want to avoid finishing a holdem hand but get u to the mini-pf (maybe to relight cut the cards, get a hurry-up, start AitH MB)? Gotta take the left cut-the cards route. Want to get up there and advance the holdem hand?Right ramp. Advance holdem while avoiding mini-pf? Right ramp is your shot. Got a good holdem hand or draw? Might want to build the pot (spinners) before finishing the hand, which can be risky And don't forget to save and use the 3x score inlane awards when needed!!! ANd, like LOTR, you can usually get an AAB during MB with cut the cards--if it's lit..... And there's lots more....

#20 7 years ago

All that and all the multis are stackable and you can take a mode into a multiball with you. Really when people say this game is deep they aren't joking or over estimating.

1 week later
#21 7 years ago

So now that I've got a couple weeks on this game, it's awesome. Way better than the reviews would lead on, I can't think of any game in the $2k price range that's even close to this. Great flow, awesome ruleset, fun shots, great modes, lots of stacking, combos, etc. Really no downsides that I can see so far.

#22 7 years ago

I must have one! Right next to Riverboat Gambler and Maverick would be a good spot . Grats on your game

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

I just paid 18 for mine in Cali.
Needs to be shopped but is a player.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 72.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside