Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by shock_me
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I use multiple computers throughout the day at school and I'm not sure on how new posts are indicated in green tabs next to a topic. Are these posts that haven't been viewed on this particular computer or are they posts that I haven't viewed yet as a user? Because it looks like I've already seen a few posts marked as unread before (by clicking the green tab and jumping to the last unread post).

#2 12 years ago

It appears to me that it is by user. Make sure to log in everytime so it. An keep track of what posts you have seen.

#3 12 years ago

It's definitely based on your account. I don't believe the site is using cookies to track it.

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

It appears to me that it is by user. Make sure to log in everytime so it. An keep track of what posts you have seen.

+1

I use my home computer, work computer (shh!), and android phone. It's great

#5 12 years ago

From what I've gleened, its based on your user.

When you are logged in and click on a forum post you have not clicked before under your user, it shows up BLUE saying "unread".

After your initial clickage, that topic will have a GRAY/GREY "No New" if there is nothing new from last you clicked.

If new posts are made on that topic (and you are logged in) it will say "1 NEW" in green. The number indicates how many new since you last clicked and will vary based on posts.

-j

#6 12 years ago

Based on logged-in user, no cookies are used.

It keeps track of the last 2000 topics you viewed. Why 2,000 you ask, well I had to draw a line somewhere to stop the server from crashing with now almost 3,500 active Pinsiders (almost 10,000 Pinsiders total).

#7 12 years ago

It's a convenient feature Robin, I like it. Would it be easier though if the "Unread" box was a different color than the "No New" box? At a glance you could quickly differentiate between the two options.

#8 12 years ago

You mean like using blue for "Unread" and grey for "No new"?

#9 12 years ago

Yeah I have no problems differentiating blue and gray. Are you using a monochromatic monitor?

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

Would it be easier though if the "Unread" box was a different color than the "No New" box?

Time to calibrate your monitor

#11 12 years ago

hmmmm, mine's all blue. Browser must be out of date....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unread-posts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.