Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TreyBo69
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RossBOTP (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    tumblr_lp93fsEOuH1qznu3co1_r1_500 (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Curious what music/movie/tv/art/book themes you love and would be interested in as a pin but you know deep down wouldn’t sell well? For instance, I used to LOVE the Smashing Pumpkins in my teens and twenty’s and would play the hell out of a pin. However, they aren’t as relevant as they used to be and like Primus would only cater to select people. Another, pin I would like to see but would never happen is Dolemite. What about a Dali or Warhol pin? What themes would you like to see but you know wouldn’t necessarily sell well?

#2 5 years ago

SOAD....

OR

Wheres O-din?

#3 5 years ago

Grateful Dead ... the music, artwork, and toys could be special.

#4 5 years ago

Would love to see a true Monty python and the holy grail pin, complete with integrated movie clips and call outs by the pythons who are still kicking around.

MM has some nice tributes, but it’s just not the same.

#5 5 years ago

I could list mine but man I hope ur not busy for about a month.

#6 5 years ago

Fast & Furious - this one made some U.K pinheads cry but fast cars, crazy action and The Rock seem perfect to me!
    Saw - potential for ball interactive mechs is high!
    Dredd - just a bad ass theme, get Karl Urban to do some custom speech!
    Person of Interest - cool show that’s under appreciated could translate well to pinball
    Total Recall/Running Man - probably more popular themes, just think they would both make greats and round out the Arnie collectors collections.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Total Recall/Running Man

Total Recall with LCD clips would be simply incredible. Get ur ass to Mars Multiball. The Running Man seems to be a film made for pinball. Each gladiator could a be a mini wizard mode, and again great footage. I would also love to see a new Robocop pin, based on 1 and 2. Maybe a Predator or Alien done by Stern so they actually happen.

#8 5 years ago

Rush. Not sure if it’s “unpopular” but I would love to see a machine out of it.

Also, really want a new Stargate SG-1/Atlantis pin.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Total Recall with LCD clips would be simply incredible. Get ur ass to Mars Multiball. The Running Man seems to be a film made for pinball. Each gladiator could a be a mini wizard mode, and again great footage. I would also love to see a new Robocop pin, based on 1 and 2. Maybe a Predator or Alien done by Stern so they actually happen.

I always wanted to find a trashed MB, would have made a great candidate for a Running Man Re-Theme.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Also, really want a new Stargate SG-1/Atlantis pin.

I also would LOVE a Stargate SG-1 pin!

#11 5 years ago

Mortal Engines. The movie that just came out and bombed miserably. The same one that I saw, and thought was epic. Weak plot, no character development, rips off a dozen movies, everything was cliche, but for some reason I still thought it was a kick ass movie. I did not take the movie seriously, I just ate some popcorn and let it entertain me for a couple of hours. If I ever did a re-theme, this would be my first choice.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I also would LOVE a Stargate SG-1 pin!

Very underrated show in my opinion. Probably my favorite show of all time. Sad that they won’t be making anymore episodes.

#13 5 years ago

I think Dilbert could make an interesting pin, but it wouldn't sell.

I know of no corporate office themed pins, and it would be unique. There could be many great modes based on the characters (Wally, Dilbert, the pointy haired boss, Dogbert) and the potential for a few cool multiballs. Think, end the endless meeting multiball, avoid work, Trashman time travel madness, get your own office, etc.

There is a 90's cartoon series (excellent by the way) with enough animations to rip off for an LCD screen. The voice actors are still around, are no-names, and the lips didn't move on the main characters when they spoke so you could make them say anything.

I don't know if it would sell, but with more Pinball machines showing up in corporate office breakrooms (I have one) it kind of makes sense.

#14 5 years ago

Grimes. You know, Elon's buddy. Tired of fossil rock themes for pinball. Coolest artist in music now.

Don C.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Very underrated show in my opinion. Probably my favorite show of all time.

It's also my favorite show. Loved it. Would watch it every week with my daughter. Great memories for me.

#16 5 years ago

Some themes i like that will probably never happen are Johnny Cash, Golden Earring, Ghost rider, and Headless horseman.

#17 5 years ago

Pee Wee's playhouse could be a wild game with all the crazy stuff in that show, and Id enjoy a He-man Masters of the universe game- And the time has passed, but in the 90's a Mad Magazine game would have been sick!

tumblr_lp93fsEOuH1qznu3co1_r1_500 (resized).jpgtumblr_lp93fsEOuH1qznu3co1_r1_500 (resized).jpg
    #18 5 years ago

Love to see Macross, Gatchaman, or really any retro anime. Love the art and designs from back then. That would make one beautiful pin imo. I would even love a classic Godzilla/monster theme. Nothing new, has to be the old b&w b-movie stuff. Actually surprised that has not been done yet given how monster themes are loved.

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpgRossBOTP (resized).jpgRossBOTP (resized).jpg
    #19 5 years ago
    Quoted from RedPlunger:

For instance, I used to LOVE the Smashing Pumpkins in my teens and twenty’s and would play the hell out of a pin.

I love the Smashing Pumpkins as well. I saw them here in Minnesota on their Shiny and Oh So Bright Tour. Fantastic to hear their 90's music live for almost four straight hours. That was a great night.

In regards to your question, I think a new, NFL pin would be fun to see. Some of the features could be:

* A ramp rises to kick a field goal through goalposts to win a game
    * Defenders pop up on the play field (or receivers) -- where you would have to hit the drop targets to advance offensively down the field
    * Somehow integrate a mode for season play and/or playoffs by defeating teams by achieving certain milestones.

I'm doubting this theme will ever happen since sports themes are few and far between.

#20 5 years ago

Queens of the Stone Age
    Spinal Tap
    True Lies
    Deadwood
    NHL

#21 5 years ago

Pootie Tang

Wouldn't sell at all for a dozen reasons, but I love the idea of it existing. Have a fun looping shot that makes belt crack noises, have a toy that looks like growing corn, have a bash toy that you destroy (think MM) maybe with a rotating face so it can be fastfood/liquor/title-loans just as a neat variation, defeat a bunch of imposter Pooties, etc. The goal being to clean up the neighborhood. The movie is so weird and random it can go in a million directions.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-themes-that-you-love?hl=mitoska and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.