Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,153 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Come on, we're late! (resized).jpeg
    images.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
    dvds-what-year (resized).jpg
    big-lebowski-the-dude.gif
    giphy.gif
    1445475145-0 (resized).jpg
    29SCI-ANGLERFISH2-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600 (resized).jpg
    thats-the-point (resized).jpg
    tumblr_0f060e3acd1e5f67c130457429198598_d6e693ce_540.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    d1t0fd1-1c35f715-e3af-40cb-8e00-be0e1a26dce8 (resized).jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2c1a (resized).jpeg
    unpop (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#58 2 years ago

I had a dozen guys gathered round kicking the shit out of me when i said that i wished the smaller pinball companies at least would offer pinball machines with an option to delete the coin door. I will never put a coin in any of my games and a thumblock to release the lockdown bar is all i need.

Then i get the full artwork on the front instead of an ugly coin door.

#92 2 years ago

Sticking scale action figures and toy cars and shit all over your playfield is just the nine year old girl playing dolls houses coming out in some people.

offset_541978 (resized).jpgoffset_541978 (resized).jpg

That's not mods, mods are sound, lighting and code changes.

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Stern Jurassic Park is trash.

Had a mates here on loan, i rang him after a week and told him to come get it.

Every time you nudge....

maxresdefault (4) (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (4) (resized).jpg

HateThatFatBastardPunkin

#102 2 years ago

The JJP scorbit is stupid too. People could just challenge each other in a dedicated thread much easier and make up their own agreed rules.

#128 2 years ago

I'm hoping it's an understood condition of posting in this thread 'unpopular opinions' that you are not allowed to disagree with a post (even if you don't agree quietly to yourself) or you'd be deemed to be not in the spirit of the thread?

I'd hate to see it degenerate into the very thing we are here to rail against.

#138 2 years ago

Yeah, i disagree with a bunch of posts here, my collection history proves it. But the spirit of the thread is not to disagree i reckon. We are here to post our unpopular opinions and there should be not 1% of disagreement or the thread is meaningless.

#144 2 years ago
    Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:Jurassic Park is Elwin's worst game, by far
    Spooky's games are hardly playable, and cheaply made
    IMDN is the best music pin ever
    Dialed In is incredible, and the theme is fun as hell
    AFM is not a good game for a home collection
    Steve Ritchie hasn't made a good game since Star Trek (stern)
    Road Show is EPIC
    Williams Indiana Jones is the worst Super Pin by Williams
    Taxi Sucks, and should be destroyed

Not enough.

#146 2 years ago

Someone posted a few weeks ago, 'If it's bolted to the floor, how do you level the game?'.

#175 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

MMOs are a snoozefest. Video games got old years ago and nothing is new under the sun! I played Semi-pro. It was awful, and it showed me how modern games have gotten stale.
    You sound like the type who thinks Call of Duty 75 is groundbreaking and visionary lol
    VR is trash and boring as hell. It’s basically the Wii with a massive screen. Cool I can look around. Now my eyes hurt since the screen is 2 inches away.
    There are a handful of original VR games and they also get cloned endessly

It's the place to share unpopular opinions.

Who's gunna do that if people like you dis them for it.

Please try and keep up, don't turn this thread into every other fucking thread on pinside.

#193 2 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

True pinball collectors have at least one EM, one 80s and one DMD era game in their collections.

I have one em, it's a wood rail too!
    I meet the other requirements for true pinball collector too, including a Houdini.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Plenty of people have been dissing other opinions. I felt my response was another unpopular opinion!
    Now you’re just flat out insulting me, which is making this like “Every other fucking thread” like chill out dude!

Quake 1. The game from 1996? That game is the same age as me. That’s your proof that games are new and fresh every 3 months? Quake is a classic but you’ve got to be fucking kidding me! Did you know MMr just came out? It’s proof pinball is also fresh and innovative!
    Sorry for insulting MMOs, they’re also from the 90s and WoW died years ago in favor of being an endless DLC shovelfest. Also LoL and Warcraft are in the same vein as most FPS games. They’re so repetitive and dull now. Once you’ve put 200 hours on them you realize it’s the same builds and setups over and over and over and there’s only a handful of interesting mid-game developments that offer any twists.

You’re right, I typically agree with you, which is why I’m so surprised by your assertion that pinball is boring now compared to video games. I’ve edited my previous post, so it doesn’t come off as a direct insult, it wasn’t meant to be that.
    I’m not trying to disparage your opinion that video games are fun, exciting and cheaper, but to say pinball is stale and video games aren’t is ridiculous.
    Pinball and Video games are stuck in the same rut of repetitive bullshit.
    Pinball has been around for over a hundred years, video games have been around for less than half that.

You can keep the thread you and 'plenty of other people' have ruined because you didn't understand the concept then. Enjoy just another argument mate.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-opinion-thread?tu=punkin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.